The Donald, world's greatest @§§ńöɭȇ

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Kevsky

Re: The Donald, world's greatest @§§ńöɭȇ

Postby Kevsky » 2019 Jan 13 14:22

Amy States
LETTUCE killed more Americans in 2018 than undocumented immigrants.

Other than a twitter feed, can you support this statement with actual evidence? Do understand, when E Coli in lettuce (picked by legal and illegal immigrants who do not follow proper sanitary procedures) causes harm to Americans we have all the lettuce from the same origin destroyed. Yet you are good with illegal aliens killing American citizens and have no problem with them coming here illegally?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2019 Jan 15 09:14

If Amy is making the point, "Grow your own lettuce, and protect our country by building a wall" I'm ok with that... :thumbup:

Buck Turgidson

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2019 Jan 28 11:02

Here is just one among a thousand reasons why Trump's megalomaniacal focus on "The Wall" is dumb as shit.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisWeed/vi ... 598559172/

:hair:

Crux

If you were right...

Postby Crux » 2019 Jan 30 16:38

...we would know it. ACTUALLY drugs pour through our border in a variety of ways. It is far SIMPLER to WALK them across an open border.

The below, is just one recent example of drugs NOT being trafficked by drone, dummy.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-medi ... ng-attempt

Now pay attention: WALLS are so effective, that drugs are actually SEIZED AT PORTS OF ENTRY THAT ARE WALLED/FENCED/GUARDED.

I realize critical thinking isn't your strong suit perhaps, however ONLY AN IDIOT would suggest that walls don't work. Or that DRONES are are somehow going to make other forms of drug trafficking obsolete, or whatever MESS you pedal as thinking.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Feb 04 17:47

trumpcut.jpg
trumpcut.jpg (70.89 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2019 Feb 05 10:30

Well the regulations have now been written and the first tax returns are being filed. As expected, the "tax cut" is turning out to be a complete fraud for nearly everybody but the very wealthy.

Here is a report on Trump voters who finally, too late, see the light. They are not amused. To remind Canoneer of our prior discussion on this:

Wise One wrote:
Cannoneer wrote:Back to the issue at hand. I will give the results of both my 2017 and 2018 tax results if you will.

I would say yes, but of course it is impossible to do so because the tax regulations and forms for 2018 do not yet exist. Only later will it be possible.
I'm confident that persons at our income level (unless you're a secret billionaire) will see no significant change in total taxes.
For example, the Trump tax bill slightly lowers federal taxes, but causes them to increase in California where I think you may live. And there are related cost increases tied to wrongheaded policy changes applying to medical insurance.
People with millions and billions of dollars income will see huge benefits, but 95% of us will not.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Feb 08 17:58

importanttome.jpg
importanttome.jpg (60.02 KiB) Viewed 1905 times

Wise One

The British (and 'most everybody else) don't like Donald Trump

Postby Wise One » 2019 Feb 13 11:46

Nate White wrote:Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

Crux

Postby Crux » 2019 Feb 13 17:56

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... shortfall/

CUOMO WHINES that Blue States are being HURT, when the truth is that Blue States have been subsidized by Red States. NO LONGER can your HIGH STATE TAXES be deducted from you Federal Taxable Income. Democrats should love this, in principle, however that would require consistency....

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2019 Feb 13 20:18

It is so, so difficult to figure out whether Trumpists like you are stupid, or just incapable of not lying. As is so often the case, you have it completely backwards.

Here's are maps of net tax payer/receiver states, with the states paying more taxes than they receive marked in red, and "blue" states voting for Clinton in the map at the bottom.

Results: a total of 13 states paid more in taxes than they received in spending. 8 of those 13, a majority, were blue states.

But your remark about Cuomo though has nothing to do with this. He said the tax law is more unfair to blue states than to red states. He's right. Blue states have better economies delivering higher salaries, hence state taxes are higher in those states. The Trump tax law eliminates the deduction for state taxes, therefore hitting blue state residents harder.

God I wish you had gone to school somewhere.

Crux

Rich Person in a Blue State problem?

Postby Crux » 2019 Feb 14 09:00

https://smartasset.com/taxes/trumps-pla ... -explained

(AO, you and I are talking about two different things -fiend)

Folks in States like Maryland, and others like New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts and Cali, will have to pony up a bit more perhaps, if they make in excess of $100,000 per year, and even more if they make more than $500,000 annually. Democrats should LOVE THIS. AO doesn't.

Crux

Trump, best POTUS EVER

Postby Crux » 2019 Feb 14 12:41

First, he undoes ALL of Obama's legacy, next he cuts and simplifies the tax code, next he rolls up all the deep state conspirators who sought to frame him with FAKE RUSSIA CRAP, and now totally exonerated, he is building the wall, hundreds of miles of glorious wall, and you can't but cheer. :razz:

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Feb 21 12:10

Really?

This is what most people think he is doing.

pitchforks.jpg
pitchforks.jpg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 1805 times

Crux

I am IMPRESSED

Postby Crux » 2019 Feb 22 18:59

Little Brother,

Thank you and I AM SO IMPRESSED! You decided to actually type thought, and "speak" and SAY SOMETHING for yourself!

Momma would be proud. Keep it up Son...

Broski Cruz

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Mar 14 15:08

Spoken just like the Mafia-type thug that he is.

thug.jpg
thug.jpg (47.48 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2019 Apr 14 17:48

Taxes. We all hate 'em. But we have to pay.

Unless you are wealthy, in which case the Republicans rewrite tax laws so that you pay less. In a blaze of chutzpah they then claim it "reduces everybody's taxes"!

Cannoneer and I differed in our expectations for what it would mean for us when tax time rolled around this year. Well, I just finished my taxes. Same income as last year, and the total tax bill is $4800 larger than last year. So much for the "tax cut for everybody."

It amazes me that Republicans lie, and lie, and lie and yet 30-40% of the population continues to swallow their lies. Most of us get robbed blind, the money then being transferred to a few billionaires who don't need it, while millions of Americans find themselves in third world level poverty and insecurity.

Hey, Cannoneer, how did your taxes work out for you, total tax bill this year compared to last (income the same?)?

RAYMUNDO

Postby RAYMUNDO » 2019 Apr 25 04:37

So much Trump stuff is fascinating, a moderate advancement implosion. To utilize one of his favored verbalizations, he and his battle are a catastrophe. I know the man, have related with him after a short time on various events, and have hate for him. A little while later, as a representative, and as an organization official.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2019 Apr 26 09:46

I also interacted with him personally, in the mid-90's. On a personal level, he was then already an utterly contemptible human being.

We now have a public record. It is awful and is getting worse.

The man is unqualified for any position of trust. How sad that circumstances have put him where he is, and that the entire Republican party has been converted to a malevolent and compliant enabler of crime, corruption, brutal and dangerous public policy.

Crux

The only Bottom Line the so-called "Wise One" understands?

Postby Crux » 2019 May 15 18:42

His skinny little butt-crack on his flat little ass.... :coffee:

Wise One wrote:Taxes. We all hate 'em. But we have to pay.

Unless you are wealthy, in which case the Republicans rewrite tax laws so that you pay less. In a blaze of chutzpah they then claim it "reduces everybody's taxes"!

Lets be clear:

For the LEFT, Globalists, Progressives and Democrats, there are NEVER enough taxes, NEVER enough spending, and NEVER enough regulation of the American Citizen. What you EARN, the money you MAKE, is your PRIVATE PROPERTY. When the Individual income tax was instituted it was to me TEMPORARY, and was 1%!!!

Lots of ways to spin and pontificate about Trumps Tax Thing/Cuts. :coffee:

Below is a fair explanation of the changes that were made to the Federal Code, and a bit of the even keeled "bottom line":

https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trum ... explained/

"The Bottom Line

Did the new tax code provide what it promised Americans? It depends on who you ask. According to the Tax Policy Center, 65 percent of Americans did receive a tax cut thanks to the new code. H&R Block reports that the average tax cut was approximately $1,200 based on the returns the company processed."

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Jul 02 15:47

otto&trump&kim.jpg
otto&trump&kim.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 1016 times