Selling America

fangz1956

Selling America

Postby fangz1956 » 2007 Oct 27 22:26

The article "The Highwaymen" is from the January/February issue of Mother Jones News. I learned about this selling of America's infrastructure earlier this year. I've not been thrilled with the concept of privatization......and this just cinches the reasons why. The rich get richer, the working class gets the shaft, and the public has been excluded from the process that is taking place around the country......Virginia included with the selling of the Pocahontas Parkway. I find this to be an utter outrage. :2cent:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Re: Selling America

Postby Wise One » 2007 Oct 28 18:01

Yes, it's an important issue. I'm conflicted on this one, seeing both pros and cons. Either way, it is clear that there are certain bedrock principles that ought not to be violated in deals that are struck, and any contract must always protect the public interest -- with a take-back clause if the contractor fails to meet the conditions of the contract.

Well, at least there appear to be some limits on how far people are willing to go.

Carolyn Marshall for the New York Times today wrote:Board Rejects Sponsorships for Golden Gate

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26 — The board controlling the Golden Gate Bridge unanimously rejected proposals on Friday to help finance the span with money from corporate sponsors.

“The board members felt it would generate a lot of controversy compared to a limited amount of money,” said Kellee Hopper, marketing director for the district.

Directors of the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District killed three proposals, including one that would have allowed corporations to display their logos on property adjacent to the sweeping orange bridge. But none of the plans would have permitted corporate marquees or mascots on the span or towers.

Supporters argued corporate partnerships would eventually generate $3 million to $4 million annually, making at least some contribution toward the bridge’s operating budget of $150 million and chipping away at its projected deficit of $81 million over the next five years.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2007 Oct 31 12:27

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/article ... velopment/

Now, if one takes the time to follow some links and read with an open mind, one will see that the serious issues facing this country run far deeper than illegal immigration. This ties right in with the article about The Highwaymen in the forum titled Selling America. For those who are not faint of heart, I would recommend some reading about the Council on Foreign Relations and the North America Union. And if one is feeling extremely brave, do a little research on The New Order of the Barbarians. Fair warning.................open-mindedness is a requirement for the suggested research and reading.
We are screwed and we slept while it was happening. :2cent:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2007 Oct 31 12:41

Hilarious! An excellent ultralibertarian cartoon article.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2007 Oct 31 12:55

Ya might just be laughing out of the other side of your face within the next 10 years.....maybe less.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2007 Oct 31 14:03

It really is as zany a collection of crapola I've ever seen in a single article. For example,
The third “E” is the environment. Sustainable Development is not really about “saving” nature. It is about a revolutionary coup in America. It is about establishing global governance and abandoning the principles of Natural Law. Sustainable Developers are committed to abolishing private property and to destroying individual liberty, equal justice and limited government. Link by link, Sustainable Development seeks to destroy the governing authority of the United States Constitution, subvert the principles of the Declaration of Independence and turn this nation - indeed any sovereign nation – into a globally governed “homeland” where human beings are treated as biological resources ...

I work to preserve green and open spaces so Rockbridge will as hospitable to a good, clean and healthy life for my children as it was for me. That does NOT make me a party to a revolutionary coup against America for global governance abandoning Natural Law.

I own private property, support liberty, justice and limited government. It may be hard to believe, but I don't even look upon my fellow human beings as "biological resources" convertible into Soylent Green to serve as hors d'oeuvre at my next cocktail party.