Crime and DELAYED punishment?

believer

Crime and DELAYED punishment?

Postby believer » 2011 Nov 06 00:44

Really? A woman runs a man down with her car, critically injuring him, and charges are put off until the investigation is finished? Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

Buck Turgidson

Re: Crime and DELAYED punishment?

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2011 Nov 06 09:36

Please elaborate. I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

believer

Postby believer » 2011 Nov 06 19:13

I'm talking about the girl who ran over Jason Barger and left him literally broken from one end to the other. He is in UVa with MONTHS of recuperation and surgery(ies) before him, and she is still walking the street. Why is she not in jail?

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2011 Nov 09 13:34

It would appear, based on recent newspaper articles, that notice is being taken. All that's missing are the tawdry details.

CD :boxing:

Buck Turgidson

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2011 Nov 09 15:30

This appears to be the story referred to:
Is this behavior characteristic of social interactions that are the norm in Buena Vista?

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Nov 10 06:24

Speaking of crimes my friends, can't believe it took so long for the PSU trustees to fire Paterno? Seems that football which generates money is more important than the assulting of young boys.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2011 Nov 10 11:42

Sam!

What a sad final punctuation mark to the career of a true fooseball legend. I can understand believing that passing the information up the chain of command in that environment might be construed to be the extent of one's responsibility, but I don't see how one could continue to work with a known pervert another 9 years under those circumstances.

Sad, sad, sad!

Coondog :sigh:

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Nov 10 19:13

Old Joe brought so much to Penn State and to end his career this way is as you say sad. What troubles me the most is that it seems a number of folk knew about this and did nothing about it. It seems to me that the money generated by football was more important than the young men or boys abused. It seems that in our country sports is the number one factor over education.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2011 Nov 11 11:56

Well....most of the cirriculum at Penn State, or anywhere else, provides for a degree with zero job opportunities and insurmountable student loan debt. For the few, the proud, the football players, a free education and a shot at a multi-million dollar rookie contract in the NFL and lucrative sponsorships looms large.

It's just like any other industry, rife with power and money and those who rise to the top reap extraordinary rewards at the expense of education, fiscal sanity and 10 year old boys if necessary. Who says college isn't just like the real world?

We are no better than the Ancient Romans when it comes to glorifying and idolizing and elevating those who provide a blood letting spectical in an arena for our amusement. And....look what happened to them.

Don't get me wrong! I, too, enjoy few things more than watching a bunch of overgrown behemoths going at one another with malicious intent. Kind of riminds me of the dancing hippos in Fantasia. Or Nancy Grace on DWTS.

But when gun toting thugs, drug addicts and dog killers get a bigger signing bonus than a dedicated teacher can hope to earn in a lifetime....there is something truely sick and twisted going on here.

Coondog :dontknow:

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Nov 11 12:50

Well Pal couldn't agree more.You allude to Vick I think. And I would point out .that while what he did was wrong I feel he got more punishment than some who for example ran a guy over killing him and received 30 days and house arrest. Can't remember his name.
"extremists