Rod Blagolevich

resigned

Rod Blagolevich

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 03 07:32

Since 2005, Blagojevich has been the subject of at least a dozen separate federal investigations, involving accusations against at least 14 other people, including Blagojevich's former fundraiser Tony Rezko. He is also friendly with Raham Emanuel. What is interesting and I feel shameful is that the Democrates are going to physically block Burris from the floor if he shows up.

Now if all these players were Republicians instead of democraps there would have been such a cry of outrage from most folks on this forum. I just find it interesting that not one person has mentioned this newsworthy item.

It's interesting to note that our next President came from this state which houses such a political cesspool.

fangz1956

Re: Rod Blagolevich

Postby fangz1956 » 2009 Jan 03 17:22

Frankly, there are bigger fish to fry than this tainted shrimp.

:wink2:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 03 18:21

Well frankly my dear you didn't let me down. I agree with you. He is just the tip of the iceburg or as you put it a tainted shrimp.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2009 Jan 04 13:04

beckonwood wrote:He is also friendly with Raham Emanuel.
What is your evidence for this unlikely statement? And so what? And how in the hell would you know, would anybody know, whether someone "is friendly with" anyone? You are speaking about a most private human emotion, friendliness. It would require you to be a literal mind reader to verify or refute. Every politician the world pretends to be friendly with nearly everybody, for chrissake. This is a guilt-by-association statement that means less than nothing.
beckonwood wrote:What is interesting and I feel shameful is that the Democrates are going to physically block Burris from the floor if he shows up.
You shouldn't because it is unlikely that you personally are the cause of any of these events. You are really being too hard on yourself.
beckonwood wrote:It's interesting to note that our next President came from this state which houses such a political cesspool.
Why is this "interesting?" GWBush came from a state harboring cesspools that are more numerous and larger (Enron, Hunt brothers, etc., religion and insurance scams, etc.) but I don't find it very interesting or very closely related to his personal brand of cesspoolitis. Everybody has to come from somewhere, and I guarantee you that there is something scummy in every state.

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 04 14:50

Good for you Amy, you didn’t let me down either. If you like I can use another word in place of friendly. Would amicable be ok with you. If you can think of a better word I am all for it. From what I have heard on the news and read I guess I could put it this way, they knew each other, conversed on the phone, spoke to one another. I don’t believe they were antagonistic toward one another. At least they were cordial. They had a working relationship. Does any of that sound better?

On the second part about feeling shameful. I didn’t word that right Please forgive me. I meant - I thought it was bad (can I use that word) that the democrats are going to keep Burris from serving in the Senate. From what I read he seems to be a decent fellow.

And for the third response. Yes I agree with you there are lots of bad things going on in all states.

If any of what I wrote is still disagreeable, please let me know and I will try and write it better. Thanks for pointing out all the negatives I really appreciate it.

resigned

Re: Rod Blagolevich and Gov. Bill Richardson

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 05 06:26

Governor Bill Richardson has withdrawn his nomination to be commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation into how some of his political donors won a lucrative state contract. Seems Illinois and New Mexico have tainted shrimp.

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 05 07:07

These are the ones I found under investigation which are 6 democrats and 8 republicans. If Blago and Richardson are included that would be 8 democrats so looks like the iceberg is surfacing or we have 16 tainted shrimp.
Senators
Sen. Bob Menendez (D-New Jersey)
Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska)
Representatives
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-New York)
Rep. John Doolittle (R-California) - Retiring
Rep. Tom Feeney (R-Florida)
Rep. Bob Filner (D-California)
Rep. Jane Harman (D-California)
Rep. William Jefferson (D-Louisiana) - Indicted
Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-California)
Rep. Gary Miller (R-California)
Rep. Alan Mollohan (D-West Virginia)
Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pennsylvania)
Rep. Rick Renzi (R-Arizona) - Indicted and Retiring
Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska)

Yikes looks like we need to pull out of Washington

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 08 08:23

It seems to me that the democraps really blundered when they at first rejected Burris to the Senate. He was legally qualified for the Senate seat yet was turned away because the democraps were not enthralled with one of their own, old Blago. If these had been Republicans, in my humble opinion, the democraps would have castigated them and called them racists etc. If Harry Reid had been a Republican he would have been stoned back to the middle ages. Of course this is all my humble opinion.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2009 Jan 08 09:26

Harry Reid should be run out of town on a rail......along with Nancy Pelosi, Jay Rockefeller, and Joe Liberman......after they are all adequately tarred and feathered.

:wink2:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 08 10:32

I couldn't agree with you more. Seems to me they are causing more problems for Obama rather than trying to help him. So far it seems to me he is trying to do the right thing (can't believe I am saying that) and his own party is causing him grief.

I will say that as our upcoming President I will honor him and the office. I may not always agree with him, but as President Bush said something to the effect that the office superceeds the person. Can't remember the exact language, but it was when all the Presidents got together for lunch. I hope the democrates give him some credit when he said they all wanted to see Obama suceed.

I believe as a nation we need to come together to support our soon to be new President. I really hope he does suceed because its all in our best interests if he does. Now if the Senate and House would stop with their petty in house fighting etc and really work for the best interests of the country and its people that would be great. But then I am dreaming. That will never happen.

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Feb 18 07:57

It appears ole Burris is going to
backtrack on his previous statements regarding his involement with Blago - Looks as if the Ethics Committee is going to investigate. What next from the State of Illnois? Did I mention he is a democrate. Hummmmmm. well that's not important.

Veeferguy

Postby Veeferguy » 2009 Feb 18 16:42

I think Mr. Burris is digging his own grave. Heck, he has already built his own private mausoleum with all his accomplishments engraved in stone thus far. His bed is made, now it's time for him to lie down in it. I don't give a flying hoot whether he is a Dem or Republican, shame on him for lying to the congress and to the people from the land of Lincoln..
I think you ought to think twice before you go and brand an entire state for one guys miss-deeds. Just because George W comes from Texas, it doesn’t mean everyone who lives there is an illiterate baffoon. I worked closely with his father and it was a privilege after working for Reagan
:thumdwn:

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Feb 18 21:53

Humm, no where in my posting did I brand the entire state. I merely said I wondered what next was coming from Illinois as they have had their share of problems recently. Heck we have several family members living in Illinois. You just think that was what I was saying, but nope didn't even think of it. Please re-read my posting. Sometimes people translate something that isn't there.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2009 Feb 19 19:20

Bah!

I think Mr. Burris is digging his own grave.

Give Burris a lobotomy and poke him in the eye and he'll still have to dumb down a lot to be considered for the role of Senate counterpart to Michele Bachmann.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/17/michele-bachmann-were-run_n_167650.html

Heck....he makes about as much sense as the rest of them. Conflicting statements? How unusual!

LEAVE BURRIS ALONE!

Coondog :razz:

Return to “Archive of Retired Topics”