Impending government shutdown

(Locked, Read-only) Deleted old/stale topics are retained here for viewing. You may request reinstatement of topics here, for movement again into the active MAIN FORUM.

Impending government shutdown

Postby loverockbridge » 2011 Apr 08 19:41

The headlines tonight remind me of a former dispute in this forum between certain participants re: are tea party republicans more devoted to reducing government debt or stopping abortions? The answer is very apparent tonight. They are willing to shut down the federal government to achieve an ideological agenda. Planned Parenthood and NPR must be cut and it does not matter who is hurt by a government shut down. Planned Parenthood because a small fraction of its budget provides abortions. NPR because it, on occasion, criticizes the Republicans. All the while pretending this is really about cutting government spending.
Makes me want to spit. Pah on the tea party and its tiny-minded spawn of the devil.
loverockbridge

Calm down Snookums...

Postby Crux » 2011 Apr 08 21:25

loverockbridge wrote:Makes me want to spit. Pah on the tea party and its tiny-minded spawn of the devil.

Look Honey, let me first say how much I have missed you... :love10:

Now I know you do not agree but really now, NPR can certainly go it alone without tax dollars. They have a wonderful product and can compete, and even thrive, in the marketplace.
Secondly Sweetie... :love10: PP can certainly exist without taxpayer funds, and they really should. If someone wishes and abortion, they will get one... :oops:

Now my Dearest... :love10: Shutting down the government, say, by sending home like 10-20% of Federal Employees from the BLOATED BUREAUCRACY that is our Federal State, will not hurt this Country. We will even save money, those tax dollars that FUND all those non-essential things. You and I both know that we can reduce the size of the Fed by what, 10, 20, even 30%?

How about a night cap...and a cup of chamomile tea and some snoozies, eh? You could use a shoulder massage Sugar...

:love10:
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Re: Impending government shutdown

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 09 06:31

loverockbridge wrote: They are willing to shut down the federal government to achieve an ideological agenda. ......Makes me want to spit. Pah on the tea party and its tiny-minded spawn of the devil.

You are certainly welcome to spit, but remember it takes two to tango or so the saying goes. We might be better with a government shutdown. Heck my brother who was a federal employee for years, experienced some government shutdowns and it didn't hurt him or the country. I might add the ideological agenda is less spending. Our budget is bloated beyond understanding. Its those bastard democrats you have to worry about. They want to spend, spend and spend. Make the people more dependent upon the government who in turn controls them Hurrah for the Tea Party I say.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists
Sam

Postby fangz1956 » 2011 Apr 09 07:35

Sam.......you sort of missed the point here. Bonehead Beady Eyed Boehner and his ilk don't want anything that will benefit womens' health or anything that remotely questions the far Right Republican Holier Than Thou agenda. If they really want to cut spending, let's pull out of the 3 wars we are engaged in. Let's cut Congressional salaries and benefits....obviously the vast majority of them can thrive in the marketplace WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!

To the ladies on this Forum, if you want to send a message to Ole Beady Eyes regarding this assault on Womens' Health, visit the following and share it with your friends: www.emilyslist.org/ShutDown

Note: You do NOT have to contribute money in order to send the message.

:wink2:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?
fangz1956

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 09 08:56

I am with you partly on this one, I am for getting out out the wars and paying congress what they aren't worth.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists
Sam

Makes Me Smile...

Postby Crux » 2011 Aug 08 16:14

...to pull this little gem of a thread up now with all we've seen of late. Thanks Loverockbridge! :love10:

The Drudge Report today has BARACKALYPSE NOW with it's attendant link.

The Left will have you you believe poor black Obama is being torpedoed by the big bad tea party extremists and racists...

These POWERFUL grandmothers and working hard playing hard Americans, likely a bunch of rural hicks and backwards whites who are making poor little barrack's government transformation ungovernable. Sad really. BO gets elected by a country that is 70% white, with exit polls showing at least twice as many folks VOTED FOR BO because he IS black, than those who voted against his race. Silly I know. Now in his utter incompetence we behold, are told to hold rich people accountable and make them pay their fair share yadda yadda yadda Weimar Republic George Bush's fault...

Fun times. :beer:
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Return to Archive of Retired Topics