Tag Lines explanations

(Locked, Read-only) Deleted old/stale topics are retained here for viewing. You may request reinstatement of topics here, for movement again into the active MAIN FORUM.

Tag Lines explanations

Postby historyforall » 2011 Jan 11 12:06

Crux, in his tag line wrote:Obama and you can pathetically "Spread the Wealth" around BY FORCE, but you will sadly NEVER spread the WORK, SPREAD THE RISK, SPREAD THE STRESS, SPREAD THE RESPONSIBILITY, or SPREAD THE BLOOD-SWEAT AND TEARS...

I am not trying to target out a member (please Crux don’t take this as an attack) but I see these signatures on a lot of forums and was hoping that you and anyone else could let me know where the facts are to support this and similar statements. When I hear these statements I think of Cuba as the best example of taking from the rich and spreading the wealth to everyone. I also understand that the majority of people see this as a great failure, as human greed in Cuba, Russia, China, etc… leads to a greater imbalance of wealth and power than there was before. If you think I am being sarcastic please don't respond.

I am not trying to be cute or funny I genuinely want to know.

What has Obama done to actually begin the process of spreading the wealth, also what value of wealth are we talking about? Is it the $250k or above group that he wanted to tax?

What force are we talking about? Is it police, military, or IRS agents?

What is the second part relating too? Is it the worker or the business owner who hires the worker? Are the blood-sweat tears greater for the owner than it is for the employee and what kinds of business are we talking about? Are all business owners given the mantle of having struggled and bled to build their business or is it implied that many did not really have to try that hard but we are not talking about them?

I really do want to know the basis for these kind of comments to see if they match with what I am thinking they mean or if it is off the wall conspiracy things. In college I joined the Phi Alpha Theta honor society and we had an oath that has stayed with me in that we would always seek the truth and never represent one side without acknowledging the other. History for All means that everyone should learn about our past, not just things to support their view but to challenge their views thereby making them stronger or changing or altering them to the new understanding of how the situation actually was. Vietnam is a great example in that many people acknowledge that Vietnam did not lead to the fall of the US and the spread of the Red menace around the globe.
I believe in the rights and freedoms of a person even when I don't support them on a moral or fundamental basis.
historyforall

Surely...

Postby Crux » 2011 Jan 11 12:48

I will gladly respond but give me a little time to read your questions carefully...but thank you for them.

crux
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Re: Tag Lines explanations

Postby Coondog » 2011 Jan 11 13:33

Heh, heh!

I must say that while my tag lines probably don't make much sense to anyone else, at least I know what I'm trying to say.

Coondog :tiphat:

Moses supposes his tosies are roses, but Moses supposes erroniously..........
Coondog

Here is a start...

Postby Crux » 2011 Jan 11 14:15

You used the word target by the way...caught that! No attack perceived.

I agree with your assessment of the above mentioned countries. There is no perfect system, economically, socially, or politically. I consider myself blessed to live in a capitalistic, democratic republic. There will always be inequalities...rich, poor, powerful, powerless. Manipulation. We are born into this world randomly, with a set of random talents, and challenges.

The opportunity to express yourself in this life by pursuing your dreams and talents, or the ability to acquire safety and security through private property is certainly REAL in our country...

You asked an all enveloping question. We could talk about a great many things, when it comes to how government, or political interests, "spread wealth". Let's look at the second part.

Because of the recent midterm election compromise, all current tax rates have been extended for 2 more years. However, Obama wished to raise taxes on those individuals making over $200,000, and couples making over $250,000. This was a major campaign goal, and is the issue that brought about his "Spread the Wealth Around" comment to a question by a small business man who was concerned his hope to own, or grow a business would be compromised.

All tax and spending policies "Spread the Wealth Around". Government, and Ideology determine the direction and focus of this Redistribution. Paying taxes is not voluntary. They are assessed and you must pay them by force of law.

The money one earns is their Private Property. When it is taken from one and given to another, by force, this is either theft, or taxation... Surely in taxation, those that make more, will, and perhaps, SHOULD pay more depending upon the tax scheme. In our country, we have a progressive tax system, which means, the more you make the higher the rate of tax you pay. Government should tax carefully so as to not for example, stifle business and economic growth.

More to your question though, the money and success folks earn is HARD WON. When you tax excessively or unfairly, you take away the incentive and ability to for example, take risks, run a business and create jobs, etc. Inequalities will always exist. I do not believe that it is fair or right to punish those who through extraordinary work, education, risk or talent create and earn wealth... As well, I believe that to just seize their wealth and give it to others who have not worked, stressed, and sweated for it is not only unfair, but is a disincentive to their own motivation.

This is all very philosophical, and does NOT mean that I believe that welfare is WRONG, or a progressive tax structure is WRONG. My issues go to the size and scope of government, it's WAY of accomplishing worthy goals like caring for the poor, sick, and injured, and it's role relative to the private sector, church and civic organizations. Take charitable giving and tax deductions. There was an effort and discussion over eliminating charitable tax deductions. his would have chilled charitable giving, created more NEED which would have resulted in more calls for taxation and GOVERNMENT CHOOSING how to spread the wealth around EVEN MORE.

I like your dedication to searching for the Truth of the Situation, or the reality of History. This is always a difficult proposition. Our filters of personal ethics and values comes into play. People "see the world differently" to some great extent, looking back, living in the now or towards what is coming. They draw different conclussions say, from an UNVARNISHED history, if one is available, Eh? It is not that people value different principles per say, but that we value them differently...

I hope this helped. Good Luck!

crux
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Re: Tag Lines explanations

Postby Juggler » 2011 Jan 11 14:33

Obama's pajamas comma on a llama and the Dalai Lama comma dramas in the Bahamas!

Crux sucks in a tux, amok with a glock, even blasting at schmucks.
Juggler

Never mind the Giggler...he's harmless...

Postby Crux » 2011 Jan 11 16:06

...except to himself.

I could be WRONG.

IF he perpetrates a random act of humor, I'll not blame Chris Mathews or The Huffington Post...

I believe in personal responsibility and will give credit where credit is due... :gun2:

historyforall, Since you have asked about my signature line, and even given it a thread, I thought I'd try out a new one...

crux

By the way. I would recommend the following site as a place to read political news and commentary:

http://realclearpolitics.com/ You will find Right and Left, politicians occasionally and pundits a'plenty.
Crux

Return to Archive of Retired Topics