softball fields

(Locked, Read-only) Deleted old/stale topics are retained here for viewing. You may request reinstatement of topics here, for movement again into the active MAIN FORUM.

softball fields

Postby cksmith » 2011 Aug 11 21:06

If you want to take you daughter and friends and play a game of softball in rockbridge county where would you go ? The High school takes the bases off the field. Maury river middle the grass has covered one and the other is so rough they would break a leg. Effinger grew over. Mountian view and highland belle No. Brewbaker is in the city but set up for adults. You would think they could keep up atleast one field for the kids.
cksmith

Re: softball fields

Postby Crux » 2011 Aug 11 23:01

Try the two fields between the bubble pool and the Kid's Place...on Wallace.
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Postby cksmith » 2011 Aug 12 06:39

one is brewbaker which is set up for adults, means bases are set father apart. the other is fox and that's a baseball field with a mound.
cksmith

Just have to make due...

Postby Crux » 2011 Aug 12 08:52

Wish I could help. Go to brewbaker and take three welcome mats to shorten the base lines. Good Luck.
crux identifies with Tea Party principles. Liberty. Smaller government. Lower taxes. Less spending.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense.
Crux

Postby cksmith » 2011 Aug 18 20:28

Just saying, I help with a 12 and under team that played rec ball and now tournaments. There's several teams based in rockbridge county that do the same. The county does'nt have a decent field to play on and seems no one cares. We been to different counties with very nice fields and complexs. This weekend we're in Harrisonburg, there's 12 teams just in 12u at $375.00 per team. Look how this could help the county by hosting tournaments. Trying to keep kids in sports should not be this hard to do.
cksmith

NO gosh darned softball fields dern it anywho...

Postby Crux » 2011 Aug 18 21:25

Dang. Imagine that. I do not see the solution but, I do not see the "problem" either. We don't have a dag gawned IMAX either, or a skating rink or even a roller rink or bowling alley either. Just sayin'

One could always locate the magic tree that money grows on and shake it, or lobby the Federal Gubbamint to give us some Obamama Moolah from his magic STASH. Why do I read your post as get this crazy vibe???

crux

Want a good answer? Work through the systems that are local and in place that support your sport, help them, augment them with your ENTHUSIASM, and take a little dose of looking on the sunny side of life!! We DO happen to have a really good and always improving Public Library system....

OH, and the Countries only not for profit community owned drive in theatre! Two Zoos Too!! And as if THAT isn't enough there's the always hyperbolic COONDOG to talk to...

Cripes. :geek:
Crux

Postby cksmith » 2011 Aug 29 11:31

crux I guess u don't have kids or dont enjoy watching kids have a good time. Or maybe you work for our county goverment and rather have a pay raise for yourself and not provide a fun place for kids. Our program in place is RARO and they won't let our youth sports play with Buena Vista to have more kids. You would think with having a paid youth program it should be the best but it's just the opposite. Did'nt write to bash anyone just saying when you think you are doing something good for kids there should be some help out there.
cksmith

No harm no foul...

Postby Crux » 2011 Aug 29 17:32

I do have some experience with kids and fatherhood and RARO. Good Luck. I hope you can make it all better for everyone.
Crux

Return to Archive of Retired Topics