BANG !

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.

ABC got in on the fun too...

Postby Crux » 2012 Apr 03 20:54

...as have others. All jokes aside, you should admit you're deflecting a serious malfeasance here.

This is really not a joking matter. You aught to be chagrined.

The popular Thug Culture is unappealing, but to the Liberal, cultural diversity is almost solely about dress...
The Black community has been decimated by the Democrat machine, it's false hope and empty promise. :sigh:

To me it is one of the things I despise the most about The Donkey. It peddles victimization and identity politics.

crux
Crux

This is really not a joking matter

Postby Coondog » 2012 Apr 04 12:41

Actually, yes, it is!

I'm sure Fox News contemplated playing Obama's entire State of the Union Speech every time they wanted to denegrate and mischaracterize all or some part of it.....but they deceided not to. Why do you suppose that is? If you're looking for journalistic intergrity from either the right or the center (what you call left), you're wasting your time. It no longer exists!

If you're gonna steep yourself in events and issues of the times, and opine in even the sort of broad, unsupported generalities you seem wont to employ.....no source of information can be taken at face value. If you're concerned about serious malfeasance when it comes to reporting the news, I suggest you stick to game shows, soap operas and on line shopping networks.

I watch as much Fox News as I can stomach. Hoping, I suppose, for some legitimate, rational conservative argument. Usually the acid reflux sets in before I discover any semblence of one. The point being, I don't take a center (or, as you call it, radical left) position because I soak up everything I hear in the Main Stream Liberal Elite Media like a sponge and squeeze it back out verbatum. And....I don't buy into everything I'm told just because I have an ingrained hatred of everyone on the other side of the argument. I am not a sponge!

Don't be a sponge! I don't know if a sponge thinks, but if it does, I don't imagine its about much more than what it has absorbed.

Coondog :joker:

Somewhere between the center and the right lies the truth. The left does not exist, unless you count Jane Fonda. Does a 70+ year old woman scare you that much?
Coondog

Nicely written, but...

Postby Crux » 2012 Apr 04 13:53

coondog wrote:Somewhere between the center and the right lies the truth. The left does not exist...

I think you've lost me here though. You are incredibly, infuriatingly arbitrary and inconsistent otherwise, but nicely written, and, sound. Man, I got too read that again.

Why are you so rabid so often, and mean spirited...

The Left is subjectively neither center, or right of center, but too often far too left, and has far too much affinity for the government centric society. I doubt very seriously my distrust is misplaced. Gosh I hope that didn't appear erudite. :sigh:

coondog wrote:Somewhere between the center and the right lies the truth.

Now, if you had stopped here, you'd be more correct...
Crux

Did I mention the FAR Right?

Postby Coondog » 2012 Apr 04 16:39

Oops!

I forgot to mention that the right doesn't exist anymore, either. These days, we only hear from the Far Right

I see Obama, in reality, as somewhat right of center.....but that hasn't registered with the far right. They find their own ideas like Cap & Trade and Health Insurance Mandates as somehow leftist and subversive.....lacking in reverence to pure capitalism or moralistic religious overtones.

The plain old rational right has gone the way of the Maoists and Trotskyites of the far left. A few out there somewhere, but seldom heard from and considered irrelevant by most.

But take heart! The distance between somewhat right of center and the far right (where neither truth nor reality reside) is measured in light years.

Its all about perspective!

Coondog

The question is.....how far right is it possible to go before one disappears up one's own rear end? :baby:
Coondog

Blindness

Postby Crux » 2012 Apr 06 08:56

coondog wrote:Oops!

I forgot to mention that the right doesn't exist anymore, either. These days, we only hear from the Far Right

The silliness of the above statement is demonstrated here, in the TM/Z case. Juxtapose the OUTRAGE, the journalistic FASCINATION with the trumped up sexy TM/Z case versus say, the Fast and Furious scandal....

TM very well may have jumped Z. No matter what, one dead teen is at issue. All around this country Law Enforcement and Homicide Detectives go to the mat to find the truth of what is "murder"... IRRESPECTIVE of RACE. No matter what the victim was into: drugs, prostitution, etc. The sympathy for the victim of homicide is EXTRAORDINARY.

Holder/Obama are on the hook for 2,000+ assault weapons knowingly walking across the Mexican border.
US citizens have died, and hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans will die at the hands of the NarcoCartels.
:nono:

crux
Crux

Re: BANG !

Postby Coondog » 2012 Apr 06 12:48

All around this country Law Enforcement and Homicide Detectives go to the mat to find the truth of what is "murder"...

The whole point is....they didn't! Defending the police (and/or the deficiency in application of the law) is indefensible. It is precisely the failure to perform as expected....the way it is done "all around the country"....that is the entire point. Without the public outcry, this case would be closed, already. It's shameful that these kinds of measures are even necessary.

If TM was beating Z's head on the pavement (all known evidence to the contrary) then,......good! He deserved it!
Based solely on Z's account, TM would have been legitimately and legally "standing his ground". If he did actually break Z's nose...then, good. I hope TM managed to kick Z in the 'nertz", too. Considering what happened to him.....he earned it!

There is no logic or reason defending Z for initiating this confrontation. But, that doesn't stop denizens of the Far Right from exercising their twisted disdain for rational analysis. It's too much fun to speculate, from inside the bubble, on how the predator might have become the prey, eh?

But since we will never hear more than one side of this story, I prefer to stick to the prevailing issue: Republicans who go nuts with power and pass laws without any accountability or concern for the potential consequences.

Coondog

That's what comes from living in a fantasy world. Reality need not impose on ideology!
Coondog

Hold your horses...

Postby Crux » 2012 Apr 06 14:52

Whoa there. The police indicated trauma to the back of Z's head, and nose, by the way.

ABC has had to cough up acknowledgement that enhanced video shows this.

Further your belief that law enforcement didn't go to the mat is not borne out. The Grand Jury/Process has been continually unfolding. Z has been extensively questioned. And, there is every possibility that TM assaulted Z.

It is no crime to follow someone!

Z indicated he was going back to the front of the buildings to give a specific address, and was to meet the police at his car/mailbox. There is no THERE THERE for sure yet on some of these fronts, and that is the point...

If Z ASSAULTED TM, then yes, TM could righteously stand his ground. The truth of this matter is not resolved.
The speculation exists in spades none the less.

Again, following someone is not an initiation of assault!!
It is not clear that Z either CONTINUED to follow TM, OR, that Z "assaulted" TM.

crux
Crux

OK, Nancy Grace

Postby Coondog » 2012 Apr 09 10:42

Concoct whatever scenario you please. I prefer to believe that extraterrestrials were involved and am convinced that a grand jury investigation, having examined all of the associated X files, will bear this out.

Pinpoints of light, along with a shining disc-shaped object have been observed over Florida night skies.

Coondog :surprised:

The truth is out there
Coondog

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2012 Apr 11 20:09

Neck-aint-red

Zimmerman arrested...

Postby Crux » 2012 Apr 13 16:21

All the street theater, all the posturing and race baiting. All the ruckus. It was the investigation that led to an arrest.

Z is presumed innocent until proven to be guilty. We shall see. It took two months.

It's been 16 months since the suspension of Obama/Holder/Napolitano's Fast and Furious scheme, and not one person has been charged with crimes associated with either the gun walking programs, or the cover-up.

Sometimes justice does indeed take time, and sometimes it never comes at all...

crux
Crux

The Miami Cannibil

Postby Crux » 2012 May 30 16:50

A Teachable Moment.

Today we read about a drug crazed really nice guy, according to some who knew him. This is a public health issue to be sure. In broad daylight a homeless man was set upon by the out of his mind naked lunatic. The thug, without even a hoodie to conceal his identity, or an evil gun, ate the face from the 4 decade veteran of the streets.
Gruesome. Guess what. It was a gun that ended the attack. It's a strange strange world. A gun just might be your best friend.
I wish the victim, or one of those witnesses might have had a gun. What a horrible story. It rivals so many tragic others.

You all stay safe now. :tiphat:

crux
Crux

Postby Wise One » 2012 Jun 27 16:19

These are just some of the wages of government buyng and/or caving to the craziness of the NRA.
Police push Va. Senate hopefuls for background checks

RICHMOND, Va., June 27 (AP) — Virginia police chiefs and their counterparts across the nation asked the two candidates in the state's marquee Senate showdown to detail their positions on tougher federal laws on gun buyer background checks.

The law enforcement leaders huddled separately with Republican George Allen and Democrat Tim Kaine in a downtown Richmond hotel. They won't endorse either candidate or share their answers to the questions.

Tuesday's meeting comes after new data shows that in 2011, for the first time in 14 years, more police officers died in the line of duty from being shot than from car accidents.

The police leaders want federal law expanded to compel instant buyer background checks for transactions at gun shows, something Virginia's legislature for years has refused to do.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
Wise One

The Nanny State Mentality

Postby Crux » 2012 Jun 27 17:08

Most states do not require background checks on private party sales of used guns, face to face, within that state, at a gun show, or otherwise... Sorry you don't like that. One day I am sure you might get your way in Virginia. Clamoring for the Federal Government to impose it's will upon the State of Virginia is very progressive of you AO.
Crux

Postby Coondog » 2012 Jun 28 11:06

The thug, without even a hoodie to conceal his identity, or an evil gun, ate the face from the 4 decade veteran of the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhx_0KNJbY&feature=player_detailpage

CD :laughing:
Coondog

The Dark (Night) Rises

Postby Crux » 2012 Jul 21 21:15

Good folks were cut down, and wounded. We are still absorbing the truths of the matter.

The shooting by J. Holmes, deserves commentary. AO isn't around so here goes...

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," to discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, or even have a loaded firearm in your motor vehicle. FORGET about carrying one LEGALLY for self defense and for the defense of loved ones it seems.

Sad one of the former military personnel say, or other citizens didn't have a gun on them. One former soldier shielded his girlfriend and took a fatal bullet for her. Damn If only he could have legally been carrying a handgun.

Did you see the 70 year old man shoot those two armed thugs in the internet cafe last week? Coulda used him in CO...

crux

...but he'd be breaking the Law. Champion the good People's RIGHT to Keep and Bear.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Political Commentary following a Tragedy? Yes. ABC news and Brian Ross 8 hours after reported that there was a man in Aurora of the same name as the shooter who is listed as a member of a local Tea Party organization. They had to apologize for the speculative inference as this was NOT the shooter. In fact there are 12 J.H.s in the City.

Bill Maher used the shooting as an example of "American Exceptionalism". He IS a darling of the left now...

A Chicago Tribune writer has asked "for what purpose are the kinds of guns the shooter used able to be bought legally".

An MSNBC reporter compared America to Gotham and got George Zimmerman into the act... :craz:
Crux

Re: The Dark (Night) Rises

Postby Wise One » 2012 Jul 22 23:55

Gunnie deflections about "laws," are just that.

Epidemiological fact: more contact with a harmful agent increases the chances of deleterious effects from that contact. The US has huge numbers of guns per capita, more than any other 1st-world country, sloshing about everywhere with no effective controls. The consequent impacts on public health are inevitable.

Crocodile tears over yet another perfectly predictable sequence of tragedies are just that. These horrors will keep coming, time after time after time, ad nauseam, until we reduce the ease with which anybody can pick up a gun and turn it on the rest of us. The typical shooter is a young male too easily acting out momentary and/or aberrant impulses that usually disappear with maturity.

We are not helpless. We are not perpetual prisoners of stupid ideology. We need to insist on sensible and practical reforms that will reduce risk, practical implementation of which is possible even within constraints of the Constitution.

gunsmurder.jpg
gunsmurder.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 660 times
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
Wise One

One Gun (oh, and those little words per capita)

Postby Crux » 2012 Jul 23 08:42

Objectively there's 90+ nations with a higher per capita murder rate than the US. Many nations have a lower rate of murder than the USA, and, you can thank GOD you were not born to live in some of those...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One Gun could have turned the tide.

We are all aware that murder is illegal. Aurora Colorado is a big gun free zone, for the law abiding righteous man and woman. I realize that carrying a gun for self defense is not something most folks wish to do.

Most of us who champion this liberty NEVER carry a gun. We ARE grateful to have the RIGHT to do so.
For too many, the only defense against the shooter that fateful night was the self sacrifice of the UN-armed.

3 boyfriends took bullets for their girlfriends.

The law is there, to be ignored by the wicked and to be bound by, for the lawful.

crux :usa2:
Crux

Postby Coondog » 2012 Jul 23 13:31

Ya Know!

I'm not sure having a hand gun would have been a big help against a guy with bulletproof stuff and what amounts to a machine gun. A dark, smoke-filled enviromnent would have required extraordinary skill or luck by anyone seeking to employ aggressive self defense tactics. This was not an even playing field! Life seldom is.

We could ban all guns, as I'm sure many well intentioned folks would advocate. That would work about as well as criminalizing marijuana with similar multi-level disastrous results not to mention loss of our most valuable national security asset.

We might re-institute an assault weapons ban. It would have little immediate effect since there are already lots of them in circulation.

Or.....we might start holding people like Limbaugh & Bachmann and organizations like the NRA accountable for what they advocate in much the same way the NCAA held Penn State responsible for their silence.

We might begin, not with the 2nd Amendment, but with restoration of some semblence of sanity and civility back into the culture.....but, it might already be too late for even that.

In this regard.....Coondog has no answers!

Coondog :hum:

Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man.............
Coondog

Coon shoots himself in the foot.

Postby Crux » 2012 Jul 23 14:56

coondog wrote:....we might start holding people like Limbaugh & Bachmann and organizations like the NRA accountable for what they advocate in much the same way the NCAA held Penn State responsible for their silence.

This is not only not analogous, it is just plain DUMB. Holding the line for basic individual god given rights and speaking out are righteous acts regarding the 2nd amendment. Cute, but dumb there friend. You started your post strong however, and ended well:

coondog wrote:We might begin, not with the 2nd Amendment, but with restoration of some semblence of sanity and civility back into the culture.....but, it might already be too late for even that.

Lucid...

You are right about the uneven playing field, but trained service personnel were up close to the loser. One in the thigh, or the neck or the arm pit would work. OR RIGHT IN THE FACE!

lucidcrux
Crux

Postby Coondog » 2012 Jul 23 17:13

So.....logically..........

We do have some human imposed limitations on those God given basic rights (like not being able to yell "Fire" is a crowded theater).

It's illegal....a crime... to do so if there is, in fact, no fire. Doing so erroneously misleads people into believing that their personal safety is at risk and that they must act accordingly. Presumably, this act renders the party legally responsible for the ensuing consequenses and associated criminal penalties.

Must this logic be restrained to such misrepresentations only in crowded theatres and in the instance of the absence of fire?

So...how about idiotic loud mouthed liars with a following of weak minded idiots who convince their following that their personal safety is at risk because of.........whatever illogical nonsense they care to proscribe? We need not narrow it down to any specific incidence (although I could recite many). Consider only the cumulative affect of such mistepresentations on the (seemingly endless supply of) weak minded, deluded, paranoid freaks that inhabit our society.

Cause and effect. Supply and Demand! Siegfield and Roy!

I find it coencidental at best that something like this happens days after Limbaugh accuses the Batman people of some collusion with Obama over the name of the villian in the film. Obama! Imminent threat to the personal safety of every NRA nutcase out there. Right? Hollywood! Hotbed of every liberal perversion imaginable. Something should be done, lest the Muslim Brotherhood and the New Black Panthers come for your children and pets.

Frightened, stupid, armed people do bad things! If the voices in their heads come from sombody else, then that somebody shares accountability. That's just simple logic!

Coondog :tiphat:

Or....maybe the guy was miffed because he didn't have a ticket!
Coondog

PreviousNext

Return to MAIN FORUM