BANG !

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Cannoneer

Re: BANG !

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jan 05 10:43

It seems that many of the guns used in Chicago murders were obtained illegally. So it would seem for a citizen in Chicago to be able to defend himself or herself, the purchase of an illegal gun would be required.
It really makes no difference where the gun came from to the victim does it?
Wise One just hates guns and he will not accept three truths about guns in the United States.
1# A gun is only a tool and can be used both for good or evil.
2# The second amendment gives U. S, citizens the right to keep (have) and bare (carry) arms. Even though some State or city
laws infringe on the citizens right to do so.
3# It's better tohave a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jan 05 13:02

Thanks, Anonymoose, for your message citing that article from the Chicago police department. It's chock full of useful information that brings verifiable reality rather than unsupported opinion to the discussion.

They have their hands full. Conservatives around the country are doing everything in their power to make their situation even worse.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Bigbux Stogeychomper

Postby Bigbux Stogeychomper » 2017 Jan 05 20:48

Happy New Year.

It came in with fireworks.

US style.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jan 13 17:56

This week we have yet another case illustrating the stupidity of America's obsession with guns.

Woman shot dead while searching for her lost dog.

Because guns are everywhere, they are used too often in situations where their use makes no sense at all.

Our neighbors, our family members, die. For god's sake, let's turn this around!

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Feb 12 13:09

Kristof has it right.

We need to have policy that is determined by a sense of proportion, and facts.

Republicans are batshit crazy over things that are tiny, and fight like hell if you suggest worrying about our truly large problems.

Think muslim ban, and birth certificate, and email server, "voter fraud", all of which are phony issues with little consequence.

Meanwhile big things like guns, income inequality, infrastructure, climate change are all ignored and/or poo-pooed as not worthy of attention.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Feb 22 20:35

Wise One,

Wake up, guns, income inequality and climate are not worthy of attention.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Apr 04 11:03

Here is another in the series of thousands of tragedies that occur only because guns are within easy reach of nearly everybody, all the time. So very sad.

A gun is hundreds of times more likely to kill unlawfully than it is to provide lawful protection.

Statistical fact. Ideology is irrelevant.

Fulmore

Postby Fulmore » 2017 Jun 06 08:13

Wise One wrote:Here is another in the series of thousands of tragedies that occur only because guns are within easy reach of nearly everybody uses the Penomet on https://www.pedigest.com/penomet-review-results all the time. So very sad.

A gun is hundreds of times more likely to kill unlawfully than it is to provide lawful protection.

Statistical fact. Ideology is irrelevant.

You're right. They don't call you the "Wise One" for nothing.
Last edited by Fulmore on 2017 Nov 06 03:15, edited 2 times in total.

Stonewall
Site Admin

Postby Stonewall » 2017 Jun 06 10:02

I'm hazarding a guess that "Fulmore" is a spammer.

Let's watch and see what happens.
Thanks for your posts! Stonewall, your administrator ... just an "empty suit."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 14 17:59

Well wse, What do you have to say about this shooting??????
He shooter was one of your own, and he was only after Republicans. You probably love this guy.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 15 19:21

Here's what I have to say about yesterday's shooting, just another in a string of thousands of shootings.

Polarization of our political landscape is deplorable. The notion that "We're all in this together, let's find a good compromise that works well if not perfectly for all of us" was abandoned years ago.

An ideological "us vs them" mindset prevails in too many of our fellow citizens.

Most killings have been committed by righties, but lefties are not immune to the disease as we saw yesterday. It's a problem we all face and should work together to solve.

But that's not the real point. If 300 million people have easy and unrestrained access to a gun within minutes, as is the case across the land, a lot of people are going to get killed. There are sensible ways to reduce the killings, but they have been blocked by ideology.

In the end, there are no reasons for such killings, just human nature with all its illogic, evil, quirks and excesses, and easy opportunity. Ideology has nothing to do with it and the longer we stay stuck on that, the longer the killings will continue.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 16 10:09

Who are you trying to kid wise one? You are the most bias person I've ever encountered.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 16 10:32

And that, ladies and gentlemen, perfectly fits the definition of an ad hominem response to a statement of substance.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 16 10:42

No, your so called statement of substance was totally out of character for you and you know it. You truly the most biased person I've ever encountered.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 16 20:32

A friend posted this yesterday and I like it:
I'm sorry a congressman and 4 others were shot yesterday...violence is never the answer.
I'm also sorry the kids and teachers at Sandy Hook were shot and killed...
and Trayvon Martin
and those Amish school children
and Gabby Gifford
and the Aurora theater victims
and the 49 people, at Pulse, in Orlando
and the 4 people shot and murdered in a UPS facility in San Fran (also yesterday)
I'm sorry congress voted to give mentally ill people guns.
I'm sorry President Trump suggested that people use their 2nd Amendment rights to "do something" about Hillary.
I'm sorry the NRA means more to some people than anyone's child.
I'm sorry congress didn't extend the assault weapons ban.
I'm sorry you can get a gun and be on the no fly list.
I'm sorry you can take a gun into a bar.
I'm sorry that people would rather send their thoughts and prayers instead of actually doing something to end this!
I'm sorry that we are all so desensitized to violence in our country that everyone's first question is who did the perpetrator vote for.
And I'm sorry there is such a stigma regarding mental health. Until we actually make changes we are going to continue to be sorry.
Guns don't kill people. People who refuse to let this country enable sensible gun laws kill people.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 16 22:15

Its too bad that those shooters weren't stopped before they murdered all of those people. I get angry at the shooters, not their weapons.

Guns don't murder people, bad people murder people and as long as bad people are murdering people some of us feel the need to protect ourselves, our loved ones, our property and innocent bye standers. The best way I know of to do that is for law abiding people to have firearms.

Laws will never stop criminals from getting guns and using those guns to break other laws.

If anyone can figure out a way to stop people from breaking the law I'd be among the first applad.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 16 22:28

BS.

Sensible laws in many other countries work to reduce the death toll.

You sound as though your really don't care about the death toll.

You care greatly about a selfish and dysfunctional ideology that clearly does not work. It kills thousands of people needlessly, and will so long as this truly crazy American obsession with guns continues.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 16 23:36

wise one,

You say I don't care about the death toll. You are full of crap. I do care. This is my country and unlike you I did something unselfish to help protect it.

And what other countries would those safe ones be??????????????

And how do you figure anyone wanting to be able to protect themselves and their loved ones is selfish???????????????

Thousands of people?????????????

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 17 11:49

These are the annual gun death rates per 100,000 population, starting with the lowest and ending with the US. There are some a few hell-hole countries with larger death tolls, oligarchic dictatorships where everybody has a gun, but the US stands alone among the developed countries as a slaughterhouse.

I realize that the facts below will make absolutely no difference to you, since your extremist ideology trumps reality and any care for human life.

I also realize that you will never recognize that most deaths are momentary instances of passion/opportunity that end in death only because a gun is immediately available to everybody. A one day cooling off time would drop gun murders in the US to nearly zero.

Rate Country
0.03 Hong Kong
0.06 Japan
0.08 South Korea
0.14 Romania
0.15 Qatar
0.16 Singapore
0.23 Belarus
0.23 United Kingdom
0.24 Ukraine
0.26 Poland
0.28 India
0.30 Azerbaijan
0.36 Kuwait
0.39 Zimbabwe
0.58 Netherlands
0.62 Spain
0.74 Bolivia
0.87 Taiwan
0.93 Australia
0.95 Hungary
1.01 Germany
1.01 Kyrgyzstan
1.03 Moldova
1.07 New Zealand
1.19 Luxembourg
1.25 Iceland
1.28 Denmark
1.31 Italy
1.43 Latvia
1.47 Sweden
1.52 Greece
1.58 Portugal
1.69 Macedonia
1.71 Bulgaria
1.75 Norway
1.82 Belgium
1.83 Slovakia
1.87 Cyprus
1.95 Chile
1.95 Turkey
1.97 Canada
1.98 Georgia
2.01 Czech Republic
2.09 Israel
2.63 Austria
2.64 Slovenia
2.67 Estonia
2.68 Croatia
2.83 France
3.01 Switzerland
3.12 Barbados
3.25 Finland
3.49 Serbia
4.68 Nicaragua
5.53 Peru
6.36 Argentina
7.50 Costa Rica
7.64 Mexico
7.76 Paraguay
8.30 South Africa
8.90 Philippines
8.91 Montenegro
10.54 United States

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Jun 19 19:25

Are you really that stupid? That list does not answer or even address the question of what countries are safer due to gun laws.

What is probably responsible for the high rate of murder and other crimes in the United States is the fact that lefty liberals have been making laws and policy for many years. There is no accountability for peoples actions. Someone can commit murder and serve as little as seven years in prison. The death penalty for murder is a joke. Most people on the death rows of the States that still have a death penalty will die of natural causes. You lefties don't want anyone to be executed for committing murder but you have no problem with killing innocent unborn babies. What a bunch of hypocrites.
You you just keep on blaming guns for killing people and ignoring the real problem.