BANG !

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Cannoneer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BANG !

Postby Cannoneer » 2012 Dec 27 08:47

franz 1966,

I was raised by acholics and I can assure you they are generious people. They will give you the shirt off their childs back. On their plus side most will also give their lives to protect their children, their family and their friends.

Back to the subject at hand.

I looked up the stats for 2009 from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.Heres what I found.

Total successful suicides for the year.

total suicides= 36909
firearm suicides= 18735
suffocation suicides= 9000
poising suicides= 6398
leaving unspecifide= 2776

Certainly we must blame the guns, plastic bags, ropes, poisons, and other means, and not the people who offed themselves.

We must not look at their reasons, however we must force them to keep living no mater what their reasons for wanting to die.

Crux
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 27 09:42

Crux

Juggler thinks???

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 27 09:52

Wise One

Re: Juggler thinks???

Postby Wise One » 2012 Dec 27 11:46

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Coondog

A testamonial

Postby Coondog » 2012 Dec 27 15:20

When I was a pup of about ten years, I became a Jr. Member of the NRA. Enjoyed shooting for sport and reached several levels of NRA sanctioned proficiency. I remained a supporting member of the NRA for many years, until I began to understand that we were politically, at least, divergent.

Back then, at ten, I also possessed vast cinimatic experience earned by attendance on innumerable saturday afternoons at the Lyric Theater. I had seen great films like 'To Hell and Back' and 'Pork Chop Hill' and I always thought it would be really cool to own a Bazooka. While, over the years, Audie Murphey and Gregory Peck have faded into history, my desire for that Bazooka endures.

An open letter to the NRA

Dear sir or madam,

I would like, today, to pose a series of questions to your spokesperson, Mr. Wayne 'call me crazy' LaPierre:

First, how come I can't have my bazooka?

Does the NRA philosophy agree with me that I should be able to legally have a Bazooka?

If so, why is the NRA spending all it's time on assault weapons and hand guns and ignoring my right to own a Bazooka?

(proceed only if you answered no to my second question)

If not, does this mean that the NRA accepts SOME limitation on the type of weapon available to me?

Accepting some limitation, exactly where is that line drawn and is there some rationale that it does not cover Bazookas?

And....if a line can be drawn, why can't it be moderately adjusted to either limit the size of ammunition clips or to include Bazookas?

Wayne.....you ever kill a deer with a Bazooka?

How about a flame thrower? :violent5:

Your friend,

Coondog

Bazooka! It's not just Bubble Gum with funnies!

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2012 Dec 29 09:44

"wise one" wrote
Our main concern ought to be the other 93% of gun deaths.

That figure includes suicide by firearm. Suicides make up a very large portion of gun deaths. In those cases the gun is just a tool for the person wanting to die. But we must blame the gun. In Germany where gun ownership has been restricted, people throwing themselves in front of trains has become a serious problem. So in Germany I guess we should blame the railroads.

Factoring suicides into gun violence makes no sense at all.

The recent murder of 18 children falls into the "wise one's 7%" that us boneheaded pro gun people want to prevent.

Again, if the principal of that school and her aid who both attacked the murderer had been armed they may have had a chance to stop him.
The problem is that nobody at the school had the means to protect themselves or the children. That has been the case in most of these mass shootings. The answer is education, not restricting gun ownership to law abiding people.

Far better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one.

I'm sure you brilliant anti gun people will not agree, but I see that as your problem and not mine. Gun accidents in homes with guns are a result of sonebody not respecting the gun, or never being taught how handle their guns and to keep their guns within their care, custody and controll.

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 29 14:15

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2012 Dec 29 16:38

Crux

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 29 16:46

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2012 Dec 29 20:14

Trend Setter

Postby Trend Setter » 2012 Dec 29 21:49

Thanks Amy,
At last people are starting to talk about ending the horror.
So what does everybody think of ?

Man, until we get going on this, continues ... making Newtown seem small by comparison.

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 30 09:29

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 30 09:35

Crux

I am happy to answer.

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 30 10:09

Certainly registration of all semiautomatic guns that accept detachable magazines under NFA rules would go to far.

Classifying ALL semi autos as essentially, machine guns, by statutory framework goes to far. Please do some research.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2012 Dec 30 10:44

Last edited by Cannoneer on 2013 Jan 08 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Dec 30 16:20

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2012 Dec 31 10:13

Coondog wrote
"Making it more difficult to obtain enormous clips won't necessarily have a significant effect. But it is likely to have as much influence as giving hand guns to teachers."

I beg to differ, box magazines used in pistols and rifles and carbines are made to be replaced quckly when empty, so the capacity of the magazine makes no difference. Both Seung-Hui Cho at Virginia Teck and Adam Landes at Sandy Hook had multiple magazines and reloaded many times. Both killed themselves when armed responders arrived. That's the case in most of these mass shootings.

Also one well placed shot from any firearm, even an 18th century dueling pistol would have done the job of stopping the killer.

In 1965 during the "Watts Riots" Californis law allowed the wearing or carrying of firearms anyplace in the State. I was living in Inglewood at the time and witnessed people everywhere I went with firearms. both carrying and wearing. As a result the rioters never left their own neighborhoods where the rioting was occuring. The State's gun laws changed when in the early 1970's a group from the black panther party went into a session of the State Assembly armed to the teeth, both wearing and carring loaded fire arms. The result was a law drafted the next day that prohibited the carrying of loaded firearms in places that it was illegal to discharge them. That included all cities. During the next two major riots n California the rioters went where they pleased. I"n my opinion the law was a bad idea, the bad guys still carry guns and the good guys can't.

Crux

Jeanine Pirro and logic

Postby Crux » 2013 Jan 09 09:56

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/06/ju ... g-herself/

You might watch her for 4 minutes.

Recently this sort of thing has happened elsewhere, even in the Roanoke Times. A New York paper posted the names and addresses of gun owners/permit holders. This was obviously a spineless smarmy fear mongering and dangerous stunt.

The obvious immediately comes to mind. What a great tool for criminals! It is like a photo negative interactive tool for picking their next victim. Pirro points out other points quite nicely for your consideration.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOW is always the time to step up and defend your Liberty! GET SOME!

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Jan 09 10:40

Way to go crux,

I just read then watched.

Something the morons at the paper didn't think of is the fact that they just informed all of the criminals in two counties all of the homes that are not armed. Criminals hate armed victims.

I doubt if any of the gun haters on this forum will pay any attention to your post after they check out the judge's message. That is if they check out the judges message.

They still haven't responded to my last posts on the subject of guns.

I can't understand the mind that blames the gun for the problem insted of the user.

Because ofthe rush to buy guns since the election there must be quite a few of us who believe it's bette to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Crux

par

Postby Crux » 2013 Jan 09 11:37

You will find there is a lot that will go unanswered here.