Red Hen / Boycotts / Refusing Service

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Re: Red Hen / Boycotts / Refusing Service

Postby Crux » 2018 Nov 27 18:16

Wise One wrote: I've tried three times and haven't managed yet.

:coffee:
WHY do I think that you lie??? Three times. BS on that.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2018 Nov 28 11:08

Admittedly, my attempts were on short notice of 3 days or less. Maybe it's better a month in advance, I just don't know.

Have you tried? Did you succeed?

PS. Reservations require an advance deposit to keep away the crazies, who bombarded the Red Hen with vitriol, fake reservations and noshows, and other attempts at sabotage. I'm willing to pay in advance to keep showing the crazies how wrong they are.

:lets:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2018 Nov 28 12:14

Wise One states
How many dollars/tourists turned away?

None.

On balance, Lexington has a super reputation now worldwide because of Stephanie's courage. I have met so many people posing for photographs in front of the red hen, many from other countries, who came here because of this profile in courage.

What utter bullshit! The truth:

LEXINGTON — Rockbridge Regional Tourism approved a recovery plan to boost its marketing after The Red Hen restaurant controversy brought a slew of negative national media coverage this summer.

The regional tourism board, with members from Lexington, Buena Vista and Rockbridge County, met with the Lexington City Council on Thursday for an update on tourism initiatives and numbers.

The board had initially approved the recovery plan soon after news of The Red Hen controversy was spreading across the country. At the end of June, the restaurant’s owner declined to serve presidential press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she visited the restaurant.
Receive today's headlines in your inbox with our daily news email
SUBSCRIBE TODAY

Sanders tweeted the day after the incident that she had been asked to leave because she works for President Donald Trump. Soon after, Lexington was flooded with protesters who stood outside the restaurant, chanted and held signs. Others posted both positive and negative reviews of the restaurant online.

All three localities met and decided to pull together emergency funds to increase digital marketing and spread positive messages of the area, especially Lexington, which brings in the largest number of tourists.

Rockbridge Regional Tourism agreed to spend an additional $5,000 per month from the office’s emergency fund from July through September.

The tourism office receives 0.8 percent of the lodging and meals tax collected from each locality. About 20 percent of its annual budget, which is around $800,000, is put into a reserve for emergencies.

Typically the money is saved. But each locality agreed the region was in desperate need of positive coverage after The Red Hen incident.

Director of Marketing Patty Williams said the area is still feeling effects from the controversy — the tourism office received a letter Thursday from a family in Georgia who said they would never come back to the area because of what happened. And during the immediate aftermath of the incident, the tourism office received thousands of phone calls and emails.
00:30 / 00:30
SKIP AD

“For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Williams said.

The tourism office also decided to conduct a perceptions survey in its top four markets — Roanoke, Richmond, Norfolk and Washington, D.C. The office is working with a survey company to find frequent travelers living in those areas to answer questions about whether they recall the incident, where it took place and whether it would affect their decision to travel there. A total of 400 people will be surveyed.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/lexington-area-tourism-group-beefs-up-marketing-in-wake-of/article_2c14f4e7-c169-501c-83c7-8798a867588a.html

Wise One Stated
Lexington has a super reputation now worldwide because of Stephanie's courage.

If you want to call courage, kicking a family out of a restaurant because you do not share their political beliefs. I call it psychopathic derangement and pathological hate and bigotry. I will not deny there will be an upsurge in fanatical leftist psychopaths converging to the cesspool, known as the Red Hen, to celebrate the now famous hatefest that Stephanie Wilkinson and her restaurant minions now fellate to. However, anyone with ethics will stir clear of the dirty restaurant.

Wise One states
Most are disappointed not to get a seat because the demand is huge among those who want to eat at the Red Hen ... reservations very tough to obtain. I've tried three times and haven't managed yet.

Again, I am sure they will have a certain stream of weird nostalgic clientele that show up just like the weirdos that show up continually at the graves of serial killers or the deranged who try to contact Charles Manson. The Red Hen has not answered their business phone to take reservations since the incident (unless they have just started lately). They have been taking reservations online only.

Wise One Stated
Admittedly, my attempts were on short notice of 3 days or less. Maybe it's better a month in advance, I just don't know.

Have you tried? Did you succeed?

PS. Reservations require an advance deposit to keep away the crazies, who bombarded the Red Hen with vitriol, fake reservations and noshows, and other attempts at sabotage. I'm willing to pay in advance to keep showing the crazies how wrong they are.

More bullshit. Their reservation list online is allowing you to make reservations for the same day. Their reservations are current. You can make a reservation tonight if you like. Their main course tonight is chicken shit au gratin.

https://www.yelp.com/reservations/the-red-hen-lexington-3?yr_redirect=1

Reservations always required an advance deposit even before Stephanie Wilkinson decided to show her ass. Apparently they were getting stiffed on reservations before the incident.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Nov 29 09:56

Hello Kevsky,
I always look forward to your postings. This coming spring if I"m still able to do so, I'll turn 82 on July 5th,
I plan to ride my motorcycle the full length of I-40 from Barstow, Ca. to it's end in Wilmington, NC. and then
north to Lexington and the rest of the valley where I have ancestral ties.
I will look at the Red Hen from outside just to see what a place owned and operated by such an ass hole looks like.
My email address is kcirts@yahoo.com
When I get to Lexington I'd love to pay for dinner and drinks at any restaurant you would like.
Feel free to bring your family along with you.

A cannoneer from long ago.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2019 Jun 15 11:30

This just in.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders has resigned her White House job and is moving to Lexington!

Interviewed by a reporter, she said "I just couldn't pass up an opportunity when offered my dream job. I'll be starting at the Red Hen in September, working as a waitress."

Until then she's taking a break from work, saying "I just want to spend more time at home lying to my children."

sarah-redhen.jpg
sarah-redhen.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 376 times