Red Hen / Boycotts / Refusing Service

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Re: crux's corner...(self directed exile in the House)

Postby Crux » 2018 Jun 24 09:23

Neck-aint-red wrote:She is completely full of shit.

It amazes me that anybody can swallow it, but swallow it some (and you) do.

Conservative women get SAVAGED. Look at the Red Hen? It's many hours, a couple days since Sarah and her family were REFUSED service in Lexington. Not a PEEP from the Leftists here. Because it is shameful.

Red Hen Commie.jpg
Red Hen Commie.jpg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 4043 times

Kevsky

The Red Hen's Daily Special

Postby Kevsky » 2018 Jun 24 16:24

The Red Hen restaurant in Lexington has a daily special that is the owner's favorite. I took a picture of it. I am told it is 100% organic and harvested locally by the Lexington sanitation department. Image

Coondog

Sarah's Choice

Postby Coondog » 2018 Jun 24 16:45

Ah....more childishness. You fundamentalist right wingers are developing a sense of humor. That's a good thing, I suppose.

Funny, yes, but more suitable for facebook, don't you think, where sewerage is a commonly acceptable substitute for rational conversation?

And, we know you didn't take that picture because neither you nor I can afford to dine there.

Coondog :lets:

I'm Loving It

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2018 Jun 24 22:21

"Dear" Stephanie Wilkinson (Manager of Red Hen),

I am writing this letter in order to prevent any embarrassing situations from arising. I am looking to have a dinner with my family and friends and would like to know the following:

1. My father is a Vietnam veteran who earned a Purple Heart and a Silver Star while in service in combat in the Army during the Vietnam war. Having said that and knowing the insane hatred Liberals have for military veterans (especially ones from the Vietnam era), would you serve him at your restaurant or would he be asked to leave (or 86'd in your staffs terminology).
2. I have a son with Down's Syndrome. My wife and I knew of his disability before he was born but chose to have him as we do not believe in abortion. Having said that and knowing the left's firm stand on abortion and their strong belief in aborting(killing) children would you ask him to leave your restaurant or require my wife and myself to leave for our beliefs relating to abortion?
3 I will be having a Jewish friend with us for dinner. He is from Israel. Of course Israel has a large security fence around their border and this fence prevents many Palestinians from entering Israeli territory. Knowing your penchant for throwing out a customer in part for working for an Administration that is enforcing border security for the safety of it's citizens, will you also throw out my Jewish friend for supporting a Jewish country that enforces it's border as well? Does your moral imperative dictate such?
4. Lastly, if you were to visit an establishment I own and I asked you to leave because my moral imperative does not allow me to have psychotic, pretentious bigots in my establishment, would you understand or would you go all-out "social justice warrior" psycho and demand I be more inclusive and understanding?

It is unfortunate that these questions must now be raised just to make a damn dinner reservation at any little shitty restaurant. But, apparently, little fascist leftists now want to have a litmus test for who can enter their little shitty business. Maybe you can help us all by listing on your website and front billboard who can and cannot enter similar to businesses from decades ago who kept signs at the door such as: "No coloreds allowed" or "No Irish allowed". A political Jim Crow sign, if you will. This would make it much easier for me to determine what businesses I can and will patronize.

Sincerely,
A customer who will never step in to your shitty restaurant

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Jun 25 10:28

Once again you liberals are proving what an intolerant hate filled small minded group of bigots you really are.
You hate everything and everyone conservative and you show it in every small and under handed way possible.
I know you all have a right to your opinions as lopsided and wrong as they are however I believe this country would be much better off without you and your under handed ways.
Last edited by Cannoneer on 2018 Jun 25 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2018 Jun 25 21:05

This really should be called hypocrite's corner.

You should be happy. Your stacked and stolen Sublime Court has bastardized the constitution as recognizing (supposed) religious beliefs above established constitutional and state law. All your "state's rights" mumbo jumbo apparently means nothing when you want it overturned to strip someone you don't like (or even know) of their dignity.

This nonsense was started by fanatic bakers and florists and you were fine with that. When one of your own gets the same treatment, you moan and howl like a dog with an ass full of fleas.

As I told you already, I don't agree with any of it, be it flowers or cake or chickens. Call me all the stupid names you want... and be sure to make plenty of false allegations about what I want and feel to your heart's desire.

I'm sure that you're fine people who harbor too strong an opinion about too many things and seem to have a need to embellish those opinions with nasty words and insinuations about those of equally strong, if opposing, opinion. Civility be damned.

Cannoneer writes, " I believe this country would be much better off without you and your under handed ways". Really? Who would you turn your pent up despite upon then? Perhaps everyone on either side of the great divide need to turn their attention inward and ask themselves "What would Buddah do?

Coondog :coffee:

Check Please

stockcheck

Postby stockcheck » 2018 Jun 27 11:46

The ugliness of rejecting someone from your restaurant for political reasons is a typical occurance in the USA. Ugly as sin. All you guys do is insult each other, shoot each other and turn each other into the police. God I’m glad I live most of the year in Mexico. They say “buen provecho” to each other in Mexico. I’ll bet you’ve NEVER heard one of tour clients say “Enjoy your meal “ to a complete stranger. You guys are SO allienated and ugly, ugly, ugly.

Thank you for yet more convincing proof I’m making the correct decision to live in Mexico…a civilized country. You guys are SO coarse and RUDE. De Niro’s ugly words about Trump on the eve of a possible settlement with North Korea were so typical . You guys are filled with such hatred you’d rather see a nuclear war than give Trump credit.

I look forward to following the future of your restaurant on the nightly news.

Tom Howell

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2018 Jun 28 02:20

redhen.png
redhen.png (627.39 KiB) Viewed 3952 times

Crux

Subtleties, scale and Context escape attention...

Postby Crux » 2018 Jun 28 08:27

1. The Baker:

He and his shop were reportedly TARGETED by activists. The baker ALWAYS sold stud-muffins their cup-cakes.

He always had a nice selection of cakes available for any gay or lesbian or trans or questioning patrons. He DID NOT WANT TO for closely held religious objections put his talent and art and time into a commissioned "sssspeeecial" wedding cake. He didn't harass or follow the gay men out of his cake shop. The rest is history.

SHS and her family were just looking for a small quiet place to eat in peace and were not welcome in Lexington's RED HEN.

We know what happened. The executive director of the NOT FOR PROFIT Main Street Lexington, whose mission it is to promote the CIty and Business, inviting the public to frequent local dining and shopping. She Only had to rise above, and carry out her duty. HECK. She didn't have a religious objection, and in fact SHS politely left the restaurant, and let the chips fall where they may. HER PART was followed to another restaurant and the harassment continued? The RED HEN was not "TARGETED" and won't be SUED, or fined 150,000 by the Leftist State.

2. The Cartoon:

By now you know my little brother, "THE HUGGLER" can't quite juggle REALITY.

The cartoon is a LIE on several fronts. I mean, our country CONTINUES to take in refugees, just not at the soul crushing and damaging clip of Obama/Soros/Open Borders Tyranny! Trump never turned away "Mexicans" or "Muslims" in mass, as is aleged. That REFUGEE pictured?

He is a mustached conservative looking WHITE MAN! Do we even allow white men to immigrate????

SW was acting the fool. You know it, I know it, and my little brother will never understand.....

I even think coondog is maturing. Maybe he's off the POT

crux -provably Right all the time, and I mean CORRECT.
Last edited by Crux on 2018 Jun 28 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Crux

SW, Ambassador for an "inclusive and diverse" Lexington

Postby Crux » 2018 Jun 28 08:40

All SW had to do was direct her staff to be the fine upstanding representatives and professionals that they are, and serve a visiting family a meal, representing the City of Lexington and Main Street Lexington in proper fashion. It didn't happen. WHY? Simple ignorance on the part of the owner.

red hen.png
red hen.png (29.27 KiB) Viewed 3944 times

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2018 Jun 28 09:59

Kevsky wrote:"Dear" Stephanie Wilkinson (Manager of Red Hen),
1. My father is a Vietnam veteran who earned a Purple Heart and a Silver Star while in service in combat in the Army during the Vietnam war. Having said that and knowing the insane hatred Liberals have for military veterans (especially ones from the Vietnam era), would you serve him at your restaurant or would he be asked to leave (or 86'd in your staffs terminology).
2. I have a son with Down's Syndrome. My wife and I knew of his disability before he was born but chose to have him as we do not believe in abortion. Having said that and knowing the left's firm stand on abortion and their strong belief in aborting(killing) children would you ask him to leave your restaurant or require my wife and myself to leave for our beliefs relating to abortion?
3 I will be having a Jewish friend with us for dinner. He is from Israel. Of course Israel has a large security fence around their border and this fence prevents many Palestinians from entering Israeli territory. Knowing your penchant for throwing out a customer in part for working for an Administration that is enforcing border security for the safety of it's citizens, will you also throw out my Jewish friend for supporting a Jewish country that enforces it's border as well? Does your moral imperative dictate such?

I am confident that the ridiculous straw man cases you pose would result in cordial admittance by Stephanie to her fine restaurant. Let me know if she responds differently.

Her low-key request that Sarah leave was all about her public behavior as an individual, telling lies for a liar all in service to exclusionary acts and policy targeting some of her wait staff. Excluding an excluder seems measured, symmetrical, and fair.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

The Moderators AGAIN MOVED, and altered my post, to this thread.

Postby Crux » 2018 Jun 28 19:14

Crux wrote:All SW had to do was direct her staff to be the fine upstanding representatives and professionals that they are, and serve a visiting family a meal, representing the City of Lexington and Main Street Lexington in proper fashion. It didn't happen. WHY? Simple ignorance on the part of the owner.

red hen.png

Here we go again.

For some stupid reason, Stonewall/AO, an empty SUIT, moved MY post off of Crux's Corner.

I made a simple little post there 4 days ago. They decided to edit, alter and move it to THIS THREAD OF THEIR OWN CREATION.

Now, they did it again with my replacement post. There is NO GOOD REASON to do so. Just ridiculous.....

Crux

Postby Crux » 2018 Jun 28 19:18

Wise One wrote:
Her low-key request that Sarah leave was all about her public behavior as an individual, telling lies for a liar all in service to exclusionary acts and policy targeting some of her wait staff. Excluding an excluder seems measured, symmetrical, and fair.

She is the (WAS) the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR of a non profit business and City promotion effort. You just look like a willful demagogue. "Measured".

You conveniently just avoid the obvious. No one "targeted" her staff. BS. The staff was triggered out of their own prejudice.

Aside from not addressing the obvious breach of duty as ED, you fail to recognize the continued harassment at ANOTHER diner!

Kevsky

Re: Red Hen / Boycotts / Refusing Service

Postby Kevsky » 2018 Jun 28 19:31

Wise One States
I am confident that the ridiculous straw man cases you pose would result in cordial admittance by Stephanie to her fine restaurant. Let me know if she responds differently.

You are wrong. These are true examples, not merely straw man cases. If Mrs. Wilkinson is going to throw out persons merely for being a member of the opposition party with which she has ideological differences with, than one can easily deduce that Mrs. Wilkinson would do the same with other persons with which she may have a difference with opinion with as well. Mrs. Wilkinson runs a business open to the general public, everyone. If she did not want to allow a certain segment of the population in to her restaurant she should have it plainly stated to the customer before they make reservations or enter her establishment. That she had Sarah Saunders and her family members in her restaurant (the restaurant had taken the reservation and seated them) and than made the decision to throw them out, not for a violation of restaurant policy, but merely being a person she did not politically agree with, shows Mrs. Wilkinson to be callous and rude. Mrs. Wilkinson's motivation had nothing to do with moral convictions but lack of them. Her intent was to cause as much stress and mental strain as she could to Sarah Saunders and her family that was with her. Mrs. Wilkinson displays no good qualities in doing this just bigotry and intolerance and a desire to make people she disagrees with suffer.

Wise One States
Her low-key request that Sarah leave was all about her public behavior as an individual, telling lies for a liar all in service to exclusionary acts and policy targeting some of her wait staff.

Who is she to judge someones "public behavior" . If she does in fact have these "special powers" to judge people based on what she perceives to be moral than my examples I stated earlier are correct. Apparently Mrs. Wilkinson has a political morality test in which she gets to decide who she deems worthy and unworthy based on her view of what is right and wrong and can than throw them out of her restaurant at her whim. This is Hitlerian!!!

Wise One States
Excluding an excluder seems measured, symmetrical, and fair.

This is stupid to the Nth degree. So now that Mrs. Wilkinson, through her actions, has officially become an excluder, if someone is to throw her out of their establishment, would they merely be adhering to the concept that excluding the excluder is measured, symmetrical and fair?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2018 Jul 01 11:23

Kevsky wrote:You are wrong.
No I’m not. Stephanie has given no indication that she would bar, nor has she actually barred, a Vietnam veteran who earned a Purple Heart and a Silver Star, anybody with Down's Syndrome, or Jews.

Kevsky wrote: Who is she to judge someones "public behavior."
Anybody and everybody. It’s a free country and any business owner can bar any patron for any reason, so long as the person is not a member of a class for which such exclusion has explicitly been made unlawful. Smart business people do so rarely and for good reason, as is the case with Stephanie.

Kevsky wrote:if someone is to throw her [Mrs Wilkinson] out of their establishment, would they merely be … measured, symmetrical and fair?
Yes. That would be anybody’s right, although unwise in my opinion. Wilkenson excluded one person; Sanders is the official (and lying) apologist for those who exclude/diminish/insult tens of thousands of people.

Crux

AO WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE BASELINE

Postby Crux » 2018 Jul 01 20:43

SW acted OUTSIDE her mandate as ED of MSL. It is that simple.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2018 Jul 01 21:00

Wise One States
Stephanie has given no indication that she would bar, nor has she actually barred, a Vietnam veteran who earned a Purple Heart and a Silver Star, anybody with Down's Syndrome, or Jews.

She has given every indication that she would certainly kick out anyone she politically disagrees with. Again, this was the case with Sarah Saunders. Saunders did nothing in the restaurant that warranted to be kicked out, other than working for an administration that Stephanie Wilkinson disagreed with. Therefore, one can surely deduce that she would do the same to anyone else she disagrees with politically. Millions of businesses everyday work to satisfy customers and do not maintain some political litmus test to establish if they will serve those customers. Occasionally a stupid cashier or waitress/waiter will refuse to serve a police officer or military member or, like Stephanie Wilkinson, a duly appointed member of an administration that over 60 million citizens voted to have. Does she have the right? Sure. Is it rude, callous, reprehensible and cowardly? You bet.

Wise One States
Anybody and everybody. It’s a free country and any business owner can bar any patron for any reason, so long as the person is not a member of a class for which such exclusion has explicitly been made unlawful. Smart business people do so rarely and for good reason, as is the case with Stephanie.

And professional business owners do not exclude service to anyone but rather professionally serve all customers regardless of class, color or political affiliation, knowing they represent the rest of the businesses and industry that they are part of. That is true inclusiveness and diversity (including diversity of opinion). Apparently, unprofessional businesses form a cabal with their staff to determine who they will kick out of their restaurant, force entire families to leave their restaurant and than have the staff joke about it in social media on how they "86'd" customers they disagree with. How unprofessional and uncouth.

Wise One States
Wilkenson excluded one person; Sanders is the official (and lying) apologist for those who exclude/diminish/insult tens of thousands of people.

What a load of chicken shit (Red Hen's Tuesday's Special). The official fake news line by the leftists regarding the administrations border enforcement are lies, fabrications and absurdities. Here are the actual facts regarding the family separations.

Wise One

Stephanie Wilkinson

Postby Wise One » 2018 Jul 02 12:00

Crux wrote:SW acted OUTSIDE her mandate as ED of MSL. It is that simple.

Duh. Of course. She acted as an individual business owner.

And, to remove any possibility of confusion, she generously resigned from the Main Street Lexington board.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2018 Jul 02 18:34

All SW had to do was direct her staff to be the fine upstanding representatives and professionals that they are, and serve a visiting family a meal, representing the City of Lexington and Main Street Lexington in proper fashion. It didn't happen. WHY? Simple ignorance on the part of the owner.

Crux is (cough, choke) right and that's all that should have been said by anybody........until he gets to the question of "WHY?" I don't believe "simple ignorance" quite covers it.

Maybe this is the danger of when the "super elite" come in contact with those who passionately resent being bullied and lied to on a daily basis, but generally lack the opportunity to poke power in the eye. The powerful get actual one on one blowback...they don't much cotton to it and their followers freak out. Sarah, to her credit, made little of the incident. She didn't need to.

Which is really the crux (no pun intended) of the issue. Stephanie is simply a manifestation of grassroots liberal anger and resentment; the progressive equivalence to the right wing uprising that, along with gerrymandering, voter suppression and a bit of help from Comrade Putin gave us the regressive government we have today. I say that only because I agree with Stephanie's assessment of Sarah Sanders, if not her particular actions at the time. What I want to know is, "Why was Sarah Sanders here in the first place?"

Hell....its all just something else of little significance for you people (and me) to fight about.

Coondog (we need a chicken smiley now more than ever)

Well.....back to the World Cup. Or the International Diving Competition as I call it.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2018 Jul 02 18:46

Coondog wrote:

Crux is (cough, choke) right and that's all that should have been said by anybody........until he gets to the question of "WHY?" I don't believe "simple ignorance" quite covers it.

Maybe this is the danger of when the "super elite" come in contact with those who passionately resent being bullied and lied to on a daily basis, but generally lack the opportunity to poke power in the eye. The powerful get actual one on one blowback...they don't much cotton to it and their followers freak out. Sarah, to her credit, made little of the incident. She didn't need to.

Near as I figure, the "super elite" are on the OFFENSE AGAINST TRUMP. Are you numb to that?
How can you have MISSED THE FACT that Trump ran AGAINST THE 'SUPER ELITE", and won.

Crux, me, is far far more right than wrong, consistently over time. It's wearying to battle the lunacy.
Than goodness the "super elite", the pedophile entitled ruling class is being FOUGHT and is losing.

I Pray. "A clean House is very important". 40,000 SEALED indictments since October of 2017. WWG1WGA!
The Great Awakening will accept you coondog. You seem to be coming around just enough to be saved...