Poll: Is Donald Trump a Good President?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.

Is Donald Trump a Good President?

Yes, super good
23%
Yes, he's OK I guess
15%
I Have No Opinion
No votes
No, not very good
15%
No, the worst President ever
46%

Total votes: 13

Amy Probenski

Poll: Is Donald Trump a Good President?

Postby Amy Probenski » 2017 Aug 20 13:33

So what do you think of our President? Take the poll.

Cannoneer

Re: Poll: Is Donald Trump a Good President?

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Aug 20 23:49

You forgot to ask if he was better than the other choice.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2017 Sep 07 20:36

Trump will never get it all right, but he is doing a fine job. He is a veritable breath of fresh air and common sense...

...and we dodged more than a bullet when Hillary lost.

I loved how the Clinton Global Initiative folded like a checker board...

"Yes, super good (CRUXandTRUMP) Yes, he's OK I guess"

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 08 13:04

He is a good president and he is doing everything he can to fix this Nations problems, and he's doing it with very little help from congress.
The folks in the news media are doing everything they can to hinder him and will not give him credit for any good he does. The libs are acting like spoiled children over losing the election,and they are also doing everything they can to hinder him. Including starting riots.
Like the disrespectful people who contribute to "Donald the Worlds biggest AH."

Crux

Suddenly the POLL is HOT???

Postby Crux » 2017 Sep 09 08:16

It took a little inspiration, CRUX, for two haters to jump in and vote, "worst president ever".

As if anyone here could opine on all 45...
:clap:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 09 10:27

I'm confused crux.
Who are the two haters?
Are you saying he's the worst president ever?
The worst president just left the white house last January.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2017 Sep 16 15:40

The WORST President ever? Idi Amin was responsible for the deaths of between 100,000 and 500,000 people while president of Uganda and was rumored to be a cannibal.

I don't believe Trump has eaten anybody lately, so he still has some way to go toward being the worst.....but he's getting close.

Coondog :dontknow:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 22 09:48

President Trump is in more or less the same predicament as was president Johnson after lincoln was shot. He was a southerner from tennessee who was only on the ticket because Lincoln and his war was not popular and he needed democratic help to be reelected. He tried to bring the southern states back into the union in a civilized manner but the hateful sob,s in congress not only opposed everything he tried to accomplish, they even impeached him. They weren't happy until Grant was elected and put the south through hell with his idea of reconstruction.
If the folks in congress would back president Trump and his ideas for putting America back together I think we would be much better off than we are now.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2017 Sep 26 11:25

Here's a sportscaster who gets it right.

Donald Trump is a disgrace. Every day. In every way. And worse every day.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 26 13:14

Amy, That sportscaster didn't get it right and neither did the people who turned our national anthem into a political football.

Our constitution gives us all the right to voice or opinion peacefully. It is not necessary to disrespect our anthem and by extension our flag and every american who ever wore a uniform to defend them.

If you will look at the U.S. army flag you will see on it the American flag and these words "This we'll defend"

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Sep 26 14:47

Idiotic.

The flag is not the "political football." The political football is the opinion that African Americans suffer unnecessary violence and death at the hands of some irresponsible local governments and police ... because white racists cannot stand an "uppity nigger" on a knee.

And no soldier with good sense and knowledge of history ever went into battle to die for a flag. He did so to honor his oath, which was to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

A keystone of that Constitution is that everybody has a right to free expression.

Whether you like it or not.

Whether I like it or not.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 26 16:04

If you read my post you must have seed the line concerning everyone's rights under our constitution.

I know the oath soldiers take. I took it, I meant it when I took and I still mean it.

The anthem is honoring this nation and this nations flag.

And the army's flag does not say this we'll die for. It says "This we'll defend" Are you smart enough to know the difference?

And the kneeling people are using the anthem and the flag for a political football.

There are better ways to get their complaints aired than disrespecting our national emblems or rioting.

And last but not least, I think you are a very bigoted moron

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2017 Sep 26 19:03

Political football! Well Said. This is a lesson on trivia and why serious people should not engage in inane discussions concerning the blessed flag and a song usually sung poorly, except when Lady Gaga sang it. It usually devolves into a discussion even more inane over who loves the military the most.

Suddenly, someone realizes that none of this has anything to do with the original protest over cops murdering unarmed black people and while we were arguing, Little Robot Man just blew Guam off the face of the earth. What do you do? What do you do?

Hah! So far, Guam is still there. Kapernack is still unemployed. Trump is still cough . . . . .President! For now. :hiding2:

Coondog :hum:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 26 23:47

SPOT ON COONDOG, WELL SAID.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 27 18:07

This thread really got off subject when amy posted the sportscasters video.
This subject stand alone.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Sep 28 10:48

Coondog wrote:Suddenly, someone realizes that none of this has anything to do with the original protest over cops murdering unarmed black people ...

To me, and clearly to many other people of good will, we keenly recognize the point of the gesture. That's why I support it. With others who are not African American ....

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Sep 28 12:41

wise one, I find those pictures offensive.

Anyone who is kneeling during the playing of my country's national anthem can kiss my ass while they're down there.

People with a grievance have a right to express their anger in many ways, they should find a different one.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2017 Oct 02 17:05

Those who are offended by the kneeling should show their disapproval by standing on their heads. That would shift the media attention off kneeling and the protest over the shooting of unarmed black people will be thereby upstaged. :baby:

coondog :dontknow:

football sucks, anyway! nothing but penalties and commercials.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Oct 02 22:17

I'm sure all of this started as a protest to unarmed black people being killed by the police, but it sure looks to me like it has turned into an anti
Trump movement in reply to his tweet.
And it makes no difference to me why they are doing it, to take a knee during the playing of the national anthem is disrespectful to the anthem, the flag our service men and women past and present and the nation as a whole.

All this is doing is dividing people and costing the NFL a lot of money. the part about the NFL is OK with me.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2017 Oct 08 08:17

The political football is the opinion that African Americans suffer unnecessary violence and death at the hands of some irresponsible local governments and police ... because white racists cannot stand an "uppity nigger" on a knee.

So this is the reason for the protest. The imaginary idea that blacks are victims of police violence due to racism by American society?

This is a misguided meme propagated by the shitheads in the Black Lives Matter movement and brought to the NFL by the police officer hating Colin Kaepernick.

The protesters could perform their virtue signalling skit during any other time during the game. They could genuflect after a point is scored, during half-time, during the end of the quarter, during the final minutes of the game, during time-outs. However, they choose to make their virtue signalling statement during the most sacred part of the game when the entire stadium (not just the athletes) are paying honor to the sacrifice of the nation's veterans. They are giving the middle finger to what America holds sacred. Yes, they must make their selfish little statement when the entirety of the audience is in unity to the courage and sacrifice of those who fought and died for this nation, not just whites or blacks or transgendered or cisgendered or the women or lesbian women of this nation. Unlike those (the protesters included) who play their little identity politics and strive for advantages for their small group affiliation over the rest of society, our veterans sacrificed and died for all of our citizens.

Why is it these protestors choose to make their selfish gesture during the national anthem and only during the national anthem? The reason is as the coach of the San Antonio Spurs stated:

People have to be made to feel uncomfortable, and especially white people because we’re comfortable. We still have no clue of what being born white means.

That's right. The truck driver who works 70 hours a week, is home one weekend a month and has a wife battling cancer, he must be made to feel uncomfortable solely for being white. The single mother of two who works two jobs to support her family, she must be made to feel uncomfortable for solely being white. The veteran who suffered brain damage and lost a leg defending our nation, he must be made to feel uncomfortable for solely being white. The NFL protest has turned in to a protest by privileged million dollar debutantes who are exorbitantly overpaid for having a single talent and they are protesting the "privilege" of white people, most of whom earn a fraction of what they make but whose work is many times more significant than the ability to catch a ball, to run fast or to be freakishly "steroid" big.

Luckily, many Americans are sensing the hypocrisy and tuning out to the circus of steroid-filled freaks. Who really cares if the New Orleans Murderers beat the Los Angeles Rapists by 3 points or that the New York Wife Beaters beat the Chicago Drug Dealers in overtime. The National Felon League has lost all pretense of sportsmanship. It has become merely a league of self-centered narcissists and a commercial entertainment complex for those with dull minds. Hopefully, Americans will throw away this obsession with the helmeted buffoons running around with a ball. There are so many better quality things to do on a Sunday. Instead, spend time with your family, go for a long walk, learn a new skill or read a book. Let the National Felon League die. Sure they have the right to protest anything they want. They can protest climate change by taking a collective crap on the 50 yard line if they want. They can protest for gay rights by boogering each other on the sidelines if they want. They can protest for the rights of transgendered by giving themselves a sex-change operation in the end zone. But who the hell really wants to watch???