The Road to Authoritarian Fascism and the End of Constitutional Democracy

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Buck Turgidson

The Road to Authoritarian Fascism and the End of Constitutional Democracy

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2017 Apr 10 09:53

1. Convince a lot of people they are bad off, even if your own policies will make it worse
  2. Blame it on a minority with no political power
  3. Attack the media whenever they publish Truth rather than merely transcribing your propaganda
  4. Be a mirror, turning every true charge of misbehavior into a false charge against your critics
  5. Ramp-up a nation-wide program of arresting and detaining minorities in pursuit of your agenda
  6. When polls indicate the people are getting fed up with your behavior, start a war
  7. When people object, retaliate with government action to cut off funds, shaming tactics, exaggeration to demonize
  8. Escalate by charging critics as criminals, jailing and exiling them
  9. Escalate your small war into a larger war
  10. Invoke the necessity of war as justification for repealing constitutional protections and instituting martial law
  11. Escalate actions against critics by beginning executions
  12. Ramp up a nationwide round-up of critics and minorities, and commence mass executions
  13. When other nations unite against the United States, launch global thermonuclear war
By my reckoning, Donald Trump has already advanced from step 1 through step 6 in this sequence. This is not pretty, and is certain to get much worse unless the country rises in resistance.

Juggler

Re: The Road to Authoritarian Fascism and the End of Constitutional Democracy

Postby Juggler » 2017 May 05 13:13

lincolntrump.gif
lincolntrump.gif (663.28 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 May 14 10:14

This rally of white supremacists with torches aiming to intimidate the Black community in Charlottesville Virginia was not in 1957.

This was yesterday, in 2017.

This is where our country is going right now now that bigots have "permission" from Donald Trump. (click on image for story)

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 May 19 11:24

All this while you overlook the anarchy of the left that's been going on since the election?
What a bunch of hypocrites you are.
As for the confederate monuments. FU Lincoln started the war, and Invaded the Southern States. Some of his biggest generals were war criminals who made war on innocent civilians. A lot of that in the Shenandoah Valley.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2017 May 21 11:10

All this while you overlook the anarchy of the left that's been going on since the election?
What a bunch of hypocrites you are.
As for the confederate monuments. FU Lincoln started the war, and Invaded the Southern States. Some of his biggest generals were war criminals who made war on innocent civilians. A lot of that in the Shenandoah Valley.

You are 100% correct. This could not be more true. Funny how the lame leftists always elevate the wrongs of the South but never the war crimes committed by the Union Army. Of course they are more than willing to go insanely emotional for every alleged crime committed by the United States after the civil war but are so strangely silent in regards to atrocities committed by the Union Army during the Civil War against citizens, women, children and families.

The Torching of the Shenandoah Valley

Wise One states
This is where our country is going right now now that bigots have "permission" from Donald Trump. (click on image for story)

Ironic, how Wise One misses the most racist and sexist political action that has happened in current Charlottesville lately. The Democrat politician, Vice-Mayor, City Council Member and school teacher and strong advocate for removing the confederate statues from Charlottesville is apparently a rabid racist, homophobe and misogynist. But his saving grace and the reason he retains all his positions except for his teaching position and is supported by a large majority of democrats is: he is black and he is a democrat and for that his racism, misogyny and homophobia is overlooked and he receives a free ride. He has tweeted:

Does it make males uncomfortable wen girls are so upfront about sex??” with “It only makes faggots uncomfortable …

I’m all for equal opportunity..but a Female Principal with a school full of female teachers is fkn a sure fire way to fk up our lil boys smh

I DONT LIK WHIT PEOPLE SO I HATE WHITE SNOW!!!!! FML!!!

Word...RT: TAXSTONE: Eat it while she asleep if she moan it aint rape

There are plenty more racist, bigoted and anti-women posts from him but why bother posting them. Democrats and liberals will support him regardless. Morals, ethics and principals do not matter to them. What matters is if the politician will support their policies. If he does, as does Bellamy (he supports the removal of the confederate statues in Charlottesville) he will be supported by them no matter what he does. Can you even begin to imagine this piece of filth (Bellamy) teaching in a classroom? Can you even imagine he still has the support of most Democrats in Charlottesville? How utterly reprehensibile.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 May 22 09:05

Thank you Kevsky, I get pissed when people like wise one who never served and have no clue call the people who care about their heritage racists.
The reason Is my Grandfather William Lee Strickler was born at Walkers Creek in 1866. His father James and three of his uncles served in the First and Second Rockbridge Artillery. My branch of the Strickler family like most of the people in the Valley was made up of farmers, carpenters and wheelwrights.They knew slavery was wrong but didn't fight against it because it was the law of the land. And when the first seven States left the Union with one of the main causes being slavery they believed the States had a right to leave because Article one of the constitution gave them that right.
The States had only given up enough of their Sovereignty to the Federal Government so it could function. That's why Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas, and Tennessee joined the Confederacy when they were ordered to raise troops to put down the so called rebellion. Like my Great grandfather and my father before me I served in the Artillery and I love my country, but I am proud to be a descendant of men brave enough to fight for their beliefs.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 May 30 10:00

The belief they were fighting for, was a belief that rich people had a right to own human beings.

Most of the fighters in the Civil War were not rich, did not own slaves, but were gullible and hapless cannon fodder for the oligarchs of the day.

Sadly, they are still with us.

:coffee:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 May 30 15:29

sadly wise one people like you will never understand or believe the truth.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jun 04 13:46

Timothy Snyder is an expert in the history of tyranny and the rise of authoritarian repression. Here are two pieces that should scare the bejesus out of you, because they are grounded in fact, historical perspective, and expert analysis.

I think we are firmly on a track to disaster. It is time for Resistance, every day in every way, by all of us who see the handwriting on the wall. There are too many examples that reveal the inevitability of Trump-style authoritarian excess, with the destruction of democracy and widespread killing.
We are still at a stage where protest is not illegal. We’re still at a stage where protest is not lethal. Those are the two big thresholds. We are still on the good side of both of those thresholds and so now is the time you want to pack in as much as you can ...

Republicans have already introduced legislation that would criminalize public protest that is protected by the Constitution.

:coffee: