Countdown to 2016

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
1Centrist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Countdown to 2016

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 24 10:23

Wise One
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Countdown to 2016

Postby Wise One » 2015 Mar 24 11:51

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Mar 24 17:49

It is pointless to argue with folks who do not know, or will not be honest about the truth.

The numbers of those insured under the ACA ranges WILDLY from 8 million to 16 million. That is point A.
The numbers of uninsured BEFORE the ACA ranged WILDLY from 20 to 50 million uninsured!!!
Lets call it 10 million. Do you know that 2 to 1, we are talking about folks signing up fore medicaid???
Do you know that a very large number, more than 2 million or even 4 million, already had health insurance BEFORE they signed up?
Which brings you to the last point that there WERE millions who lost their private health insurance because of the ACA.
Not a few hundred thousand. The ACA is a big disaster. An expensive big disaster...

I mean why go on. Ammunition? I have already laid out the truth on that here on the forum. All the health care numbers and references have been laid out. Part time workers? Yup. Talked about that already. I will say this. Ted Cruz can give a cogent, well informed and quality speech, without notes or a teleprompter. He would be a fine and capable President. Rand Paul or Scott Walker or Marco Rubio as well.

I would like to tell you it has been real. You all carry on. My zest for this struggle here, is about done. have fun patting each other on the back.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Mar 25 02:14

Aw, c'mon crux. You're not going to pull a Sarah Palin on us now are you?

The prospect of a Canadian president should have you all kinds of excited. Think how much fun it will be when President Cruz repeals every word of Obamacare.....and kicks himself off his own health care plan.

Only 20 more months to go! Surely you can hang on for that long.

Just Imagine!

Coondog :dontknow:

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 25 08:42

Crux, you would have a lot more credibility with everyone if you could cite a reliable source for your rebuttal of what I posted from USA Today, which you're saying is one of the "folks who do not know." Jeez, man! USA Today is about as midstream as they come!

Cruz is a master panderer who learned his schtick at his preacher father's knee. It's not like all politicians don't pander, but some like Cruz have to go the extra mile trying to reach his target audience. Watch Monday's Jon Stewart show skit on the Liberty University event, with particular attention to the audience not being interested and Cruz's possible text message scam to get phone numbers:

1Centrist

Betwixt and Between

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 27 08:24

1Centrist

Money, Money, Money

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 28 10:24

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Mar 28 11:22

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 09 10:24

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 14 12:50

Christie is playing with the "third rail," but some of his ideas sound good to me. As always, the devil is in the details.
:knife:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 14 21:56

Again, it is an ethical issue, the killing of a baby that can at this given point, in the third trimester whether it is 21 or 24 weeks, whatever, it is an issue of right or wrong, killing that baby, if it is healthy, simply as an exercise in "birth control". You see this C?

Even fangz here on this forum had to concede based on information she cited, and by her SILENCE, that thousands of babies are thus killed in a given year. Centrist. You do understand right?

Do you think it a matter open for political discussion? Then possibly legislation to protect innocent life? Distinct Human Lives?

I do not think that any Republicans really, seek to deny an abortion in the case of rape incest or the life of the mother.

You do understand that right? You see the obfuscation and NON ANSWER to the issue at hand regarding the "QUOTE" 7 POUND BABY, right?

Crux

UPDATE**DWS***7lb baby

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 15 07:33

DWS and the 7lb baby got a little clearer with Meagan Kelly.

Kelly continued to press.

“It’s not just between a woman and her doctor. That the state has a right to step in on behalf of the fetus and say at some point that fetus does obtain rights,” the Fox News host said. “You would admit that you can’t have women aborting third trimester just on a whim?”

“Certainly. Certainly not on a whim,” Schultz responded.

“So that’s what he is trying to get at,” Kelly said.

“We’ve been very clear,” Schultz shot back. “There is no ambivalence here. We are very clear. We believe that that decision is best left not to government, but between a woman and her doctor. So, I can’t tell you a specific date and time past which we on all cases are certain that choice shouldn’t be made. Because that decision is very unique and individual to the woman and should be in consultation with her conscience and her God and her doctor. That is a decision left to her.”

Not exactly clear as mud, but Kelly got further. WHIM is a bad word to throw out. “You would admit that you can’t have women aborting third trimester just as a means of birth controll?” I get that it is slippery slope material. Rand Paul will have a hard time being exactly clear from his perspective, and DWS will have a hard time from hers. We can be a bit clearer, can we not? It would have a good effect on the public debate...

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 15 07:37

My personal opinion is we could do with far fewer rug rats. But more importantly, it would be better if the rubric "The GOP — concerned about children from conception to birth" were not so true.

:gun: :baby:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 15 08:16

You just SHOT that baby! You baby killer you! Seriously, do you think it WRONG to kill a viable-outside-the-womb-third trimester-healthy baby-simply as a means of birth control? Hundreds and even a couple few thousand such abortions in the million performed each year are killed... Centrist, does this bother you?

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 15 08:38

Generally, I think the law should protect fetuses that are viable outside the womb, but "according to studies between 2003 and 2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive." So what does viable mean? And might there not be exceptions to any rule?

Crux, as I've mentioned before, the abortion issue is not a fruitful topic for discussion, and at my age I'm more concerned about death with dignity.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 15 10:34

Thanks and I don't want to belabor the point, but the viability of a prematurely BIRTHED baby, and the percentages of survival, really are a bit of a separate issue related to ABORTING a healthy baby that could be carried to term and LIVE. Enough of that...

Die with dignity my friend. My plan is to avoid every medical issue other than a peaceful death in my sleep... :sleepy:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 16 20:32

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Apr 17 16:00

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 18 07:18

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 20 22:23

Seems that there are more conservative mass meetings these days than there are country music awards programs. Most recently, they adopted a whole new platform. They unanimously decided to stop lying about Obama and start lying about Hillary.

Of course, they may have been lying about the Obama part. :pinocc:

Coondog :dance14: