Any Wargamers Here?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1Centrist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any Wargamers Here?

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 09 10:55

I like hex and counter, ancient to WWII, tactical to strategic Ievel, beer-and-pretzel to mind numbing. I haven't played tabletop wargames in many years and think it'll be fun to get back into them in my dotage. Grognards more than welcome, but newbies great, too. I don't have any games right now, but will get some if anyone's interested. Of course, if you already have games ....

I'm in Lexington. Let's discuss.
:beer:

Crux

Re: Any Wargamers Here?

Postby Crux » 2015 Mar 10 16:24

More of a Dungeons and Dragons guy myself... :beer:

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 10 17:02

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Mar 10 17:25

Have you enjoyed the new Sherlock? I am just trying out Foyle's War. My big fave isn't British. Supernatural...

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Mar 10 18:39

My wife and I generally love Brit TV shows, including Sherlock and Foyle's War. But we're cord cutters and limited to what Roku can provide. We share Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu+, and HBO GO services with our son out in Vegas. If you haven't tried them, you might enjoy Midsomer Murders (Brit), Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian), and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (Australian); they're more lighthearted than those you mentioned.

We just started on Blue Bloods. I like it. We should all have the Reagans' great family life; it reminds me of the Donna Reed Show. Sometimes it's a little heavy on the rightwing messaging, but I balance it by watching Jon Stewart.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Mar 10 21:13

I did MANY Midsommer's and several Blue Bloods. I preferred Castle. OH!!! Try THE KILLING. An epic along the lines of epicdom like House of Cards. The Killing takes place in Seattle, and the two lead detectives are awesome. I love the guy, a recovering junkie/skater dude. Great stuff.

OH. Try Wallander, the BBC take on it, about a brooding troubled Swedish Detective. WONDERFUL.

Net "Neutrality"? I don't buy it over the long term and Netflix seems to not like it NOW, over the short term. "Neutrality". Doubt it.