Bibles! Religion!

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.

Do you believe in the God described by official leaders of Christian, Jewish or Muslim religions?

Yes
34%
No
63%
I am uncertain
3%

Total votes: 32

Amy Probenski

Re: Bibles! Religion!

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 May 08 11:44

Here is an absolutely disgraceful display of intolerance.

Religious prayers in a government setting are wholly inappropriate and inconsistent with the Constitution, last week's SCOTUS ruling notwithstanding.
But it's the rule that presently prevails. It is sad, and yet not surprising, that religiosity nuts want to carry it to ever greater extremes. They are our domestic Taliban and will not rest until we are an uncompromising and intolerant theocracy, their flavor of course.

Crux

Nothing new under the sun...

Postby Crux » 2014 May 09 03:36

Lumping all Christians into the same POT? Amy HATES and stereotypes Christians at every turn.

What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Jun 10 13:32

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Jun 25 21:52

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Aug 21 10:47

Hey Juggler, "Horsey" is new to me, thanks for giving him to us. I just found this great one.

Crux

oh tay

Postby Crux » 2014 Aug 21 19:25

Good Cartoon. Appropriate with the beheading of James Foley: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=787_1408591901

Crux

Re: This thread makes me sad...

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 17 07:45

Crux wrote:I am a pretty agnostic fellow. I dig the creator. I revel in creation. I believe in the soul and spirit and am in awe of the mystery and give thanks for this life MIRACLE...

The reason this thread makes me sad is that the gross bashing, the demeaning characterizations of Christians that go on are so contrary to what I KNOW.

I thought I would do something to bring in the beauty of Christianity for you all.
This is a song I really like. It's nice. It's beautiful and brings to light the light of love.

A Christian Love. Enjoy David Crowder live in studio singing "How He Loves".
There's a little studio bantor with the radio station hosts and then a short song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIdvtRcP ... re=related

This in the news today at James Madison University.

Students counter and sing to quiet the bombastic street preacher, singing the above posted David Crowder song. Wow.
This is nice to see YOUNG CHRISTIANS using song and love to preach to the preacher.... Wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0RPI1qMY10

The original posted video is worth re-watching. I hope it reminds some to be more tolerant of those with Faith. :tiphat:

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Oct 28 22:57

Godless atheists just keep spouting off about how human evolution is a reality.

This is the kind of blasphemy they keep uttering as they demean religion.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

Crux

Quote by the Pope

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 29 06:59

“God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life...Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

Christianity and Science are not mutually exclusive. The list of scientists of old and new that are Christians is loooooooong. It is not hard to believe in a Creator. It is not difficult to imagine an intelligent designer. Made in God's image, humans are, we could readily infer.

Crux

How about a song!

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 29 07:43

for King and Country is the band. The song is Fix My Eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6O78DRpFs

Love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on You
On You

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Oct 30 09:05

Crux

"God is crap"

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 10 17:50

Chris Hitchens was a brilliant man. He had an agile, piercing mind. He was an interesting man. His harsh words for the faithful demean everything good about the faithful by calling them names and declaring that God is crap. I never felt the need or duty to take that take as it is limiting to my appreciation for mystery, spirit, and intelligent design within the wisdom of nature. Brilliant faithful minds and voices take a contrary take on their mortal experience.

Amy, we are made from stardust and we reach out for the Superstar. Not the entertainment, sports, or political superstar nor the American superstar.
The superstar that is Greater than this crude flesh. God. Love. Light. All knowing and knowable. “Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”

Yoda?
yoda contemplative.jpg
yoda contemplative.jpg (9.68 KiB) Viewed 3150 times

Yoda nor any jedi would declare that God is Crap. Those are the words of the Emperor. I did listen, and enjoyed the linked video. He's relentless. So is Yoda, and Lecrae, for example. They both controlled their arrogance, but speak strongly and brilliantly on the behalf of Spirit, unlike Christopher...

...they both are powerful but maintain a contemplative background meditation. Enjoy Lecrae here in NYC on Background with Andy Mineo (C-Lite):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHnZRZiCYHE

crux "Because he cares..." :angel5:

Coondog

Rap is Crap!

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 13 16:41

Never heard of Lecrae before. Not fond of the genre. 40 years of the same old tune with occasional alternate lyrics.

Ya want spiritual music? Give us Wilson Pickett!

Coondog :pompom:

My tail wags to Motown

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Nov 30 10:02

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Dec 09 21:51

Virginian must endure a modern pestilence of conservative "Christians" who are anything but, sanctimoniously espousing vile hatreds and abridgment of freedom for all their neighbors.

How refreshing it is to be reminded of a Virginian who was a bona fide Founding Father. He was the real deal, and got things about as right as they'll ever be got.

Crux

It's LOONY time!

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 10 08:01

Listen to this sanctimonious sniveling snot and his effort at "prayerful" poetic gobbledygook. What a MOCKERY. :shakeh:
It is not about healing, respect, or tolerance. He was on the attack in not so subtle ways. He got his 15 minutes of local fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PyyY1Z8fg0

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Dec 10 16:28

It rarely happens, but yes Crux and I agree. It's sniveling poetic gobbledegook, and a mockery.

Which I must assume was the whole point. This kind of crap is exactly what local councils across the nation do, usually with a slightly different cast of mythical spirits and conjures, but always delivering the same pap and crap.

The only thing worse was, of course, the holier-than-thou conservative Republican religionists who walked out, presumably because they don't like competition.

Public bodies should end this shit once and for all, and get straight to the public's business. Go home, go to church, go anywhere but to a government public forum for fairy tales, mythology, worship of idols, whatever. I have nothing against silliness, but don't inflict it on us with the aid of government, in a government setting. The opening "invocation" is a distasteful relic of the past that should be buried, with a wooden stake through its heart.

Crux

One of the Good Guys

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 10 17:57

I am not sure that the walk out was worse. I am glad you and I can agree. Have a Merry Christmas while you are at it too, early.
How was Bonaroo this year? Amy, I think we would like each other if we could just hang out and chat. I don't know why leftists
have to be so icky towards me. Thanks for your civility. I feel like I have been here long enough I am getting some SMIDGEON
of respect. I swear my positions are grounded in good observations, and common sense. Really. HONESTLY.

:angel5:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Dec 11 19:47

Hah! We like "Mellow Crux". We thinks he's already been to Bonaroo! We thinks maybe he got hold of some edibles. :craz:

Coondog sees nothing wrong with an invocation......"Dear God let us not screw up like last time!"

:hail: CD

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Dec 18 10:58