IRS Scandal

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.

Crux

Talk about vote supression...

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 31 18:04

This is huge news. This IRS thing is really painfully ignored by big stick so called liberals.

Fangz and a 12 year old girl crap their pants over the State of North Carolina reversing course on pre-registration to vote for 16/17 year old kids, and you compare that to this use of the IRS...

Kevsky

The Scandals of President Obama

Postby Kevsky » 2013 Nov 04 07:29

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/08/01/obama-dozen-scandals-counting/

The left on this website is always attacking conservatives in general and the Tea Party in particular. Funny how they never address the shortcomings of their "God".

Coondog

Re: IRS Scandal

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 04 12:12

The Washington Examiner?

Right!

Coondog can do that, too...........

According to the latest issue of the GLOBE, George W. Bush‘s recent heart surgery has sparked a ‘tearful confession’ to Laura Bush about his past affair with Condoleezza Rice.

The headline screams ‘Forgive Me!‘, and alleges that Bush may have had an intimate affair with Rice in the past, which has been hinted at before in blind items and rumors. Sources explain that Bush was worried about making it through his heart surgery, and wanted to come clean with his wife before he went into it. The sources hint at Bush coming completely clean with Laura, and asking for forgiveness. It’s not immediately clear whether she did forgive him, but they haven’t publicly separated or divorced, which probably means they’re still together.

Now.......as amusing as it was to see this splashed across the checkout aisle at Walmart, and as much as one might have wished for it to be true, Coondog chose NOT to put credence in it. That's called putting aside one's ingrained tendency to believe anything, no matter how far fetched, that coincides with one's own predisposed acceptance of anything derogatory about one's source of political irritation.

Besides....Laura Bush is a woman of unquestionable virtue and, if this were true, would have likely rammed the Wimp's feeding tube up his Cheating Texas Posterior.

THAT Coondog would have believed!

Coondog :laughing: :laughing:

The Library of Congress files this under "Consider the Source!"................................................................!

Crux

The Washington Examiner and Lois Lerner?

Postby Crux » 2013 Nov 04 13:47

I had a dream last night... First things first.

Were American Taxpayers ideologically profiled by the IRS? We know this was true. We know Congress and the American People were lied to. We're called to champion big ideas. Equal Justice under law. We are asked to defend our civil liberties for our posterity. No one disputes this.

The left on this Forum are a bunch of poor sports. Worse, it is near capitulation to base behavior.
It is not old, or tired even, but rather it is sick and muscular. Truth, logic and reality calls you out.
We'll continue to talk about these scandals for as long as the efforts to hide them from view exist.

We, honest people must be willing to live in peace and harmony with other good liberty loving psychologically functional buddies on the Rockbridge Forum. Clearly Kevsky, cannoneer and crux are just those sorts of fellas. (corn, my dream last night, you, a mother with kids, and no face)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dreams? I don't waste time interpreting them or anything. Mostly they entertain and just are...
Reality? Truth? Sure. Kindness and respect. Honesty and balance, absolutely. We should endeavor.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 04 14:25

Well, lets us discuss the IRS activities. We can call it a scandal, since you like attaching that word to just about anything.

Coondog agrees! The IRS acted deplorably and illegally. You should know this because it has been pointed out, by yours truly, to you before.

Under the LAW....NONE of those political action groups were eligible for tax free status. Not the right wing groups. Not the left wing groups.

The "scandal" as you see it, is that blatently 100% political entities were targeted as not being social welfare organizations and made to answer silly questions to get what they weren't entitled to in the first place.

So, why is it you are upset about some marginal welfare recipient getting an extra $100 they're not entitled to from the government under the LAW, but not outraged....outraged that political action groups run by billionaires are getting, regardless of any targeting or hoops they had to navigate, millions in government tax benefits they are not entitled to from the government under the law?

You are right! It is scandalous. But, you're all hot and bothered for the wrong reason!

Coondog

Take off the beer goggles and view the world as it truly is. :upset: It's a beautiful thing!

Maybe the weird dreams will go away.................

..................!

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2013 Nov 04 17:17

by coondog » 2013 Nov 04 13:12

The Washington Examiner?

Right!

Coondog can do that, too...........

According to the latest issue of the GLOBE, George W. Bush‘s recent heart surgery has sparked a ‘tearful confession’ to Laura Bush about his past affair with Condoleezza Rice.

The headline screams ‘Forgive Me!‘, and alleges that Bush may have had an intimate affair with Rice in the past, which has been hinted at before in blind items and rumors. Sources explain that Bush was worried about making it through his heart surgery, and wanted to come clean with his wife before he went into it. The sources hint at Bush coming completely clean with Laura, and asking for forgiveness. It’s not immediately clear whether she did forgive him, but they haven’t publicly separated or divorced, which probably means they’re still together.

Sure, I understand Coondog boy. You are now the sole decider of what sources of information are legitimate and what are not. I guess we should all get our information from Mother Jones or The Progressive. Yea, they are really objective.

Of course you do not address any of the scandals reported but rather attempt to besmirch the sources. Typical of you. You cannot argue on the merits so you have to accuse or defame.

Now.......as amusing as it was to see this splashed across the checkout aisle at Walmart,

Suppose you're browsing through Walmart......perhaps looking for a bargain discount price on stuffed shirts.

What is your infatuation with Walmart. Have you been spending a lot more time there lately since the public libarary set limits on time that you can spend on their computers?
Last edited by Kevsky on 2013 Nov 05 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Nov 04 20:34

coondog wrote:Under the LAW....NONE of those political action groups were eligible for tax free status.
Not the right wing groups. Not the left wing groups.

The "scandal" as you see it, is that blatently 100% political entities were targeted as not being social welfare organizations and made to answer silly questions to get what they weren't entitled to in the first place.

So, why is it you are upset about some marginal welfare recipient getting an extra $100 they're not entitled to from the government under the LAW, but not outraged....outraged that political action groups run by billionaires are getting, regardless of any targeting or hoops they had to navigate, millions in government tax benefits they are not entitled to from the government under the law?

Reverse order: You are a poor logician. Ill informed too. The fact is hundreds of conservative groups where wrongly targeted. Systematically politically wrongly targeted. This was a very different quantity and quality of scrutiny as to make any scrutiny of leftist groups PALE in comparison.

Hundreds of groups NOT started by "billionaires. This is another CRAP TIE IN you made. You specialize in an inability to focus. On just about anything. As well some marginal welfare recipient doesn't bother me in the singular. Again your quantity, ONE RECIPIENT, and the QUALITY, marginal, is the expression of some mental problem when it comes to accurately summing up either my own sentiments or REALITY.

Lastly you first state that NONE OF THESE GROUPS WERE LEGITIMATE enough to avoid a penalty no sane citizen could tolerate. The Federal Department of Internal Revenue (service yeah right) is somehow EMPOWERED TO HARASS the citizenry with "silly questions"? Grow up and become a man corndog. Champion something worthy like a better sense of truth and honesty...
_____________________________________________________________________________________

You have a hard time focusing my friend. Zero in with your perception and words coondog...

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Nov 04 23:59

The cold hard facts are this in a nutshell.
The Obama administration and the Democrat party have used the IRS to hurt folks who oppose them politically.
They have proven themselves to be people who will push their agenda regardless of the wishes of the citizenry and regardless of how much it harms the nation.
My biggest problem with them is the stupid asses who put them in office and keep them there.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Nov 05 10:58

Keep repeating those Faux News soundbites.........never mind reading anything that outlines all of the facts. Jeez.......Louise!

:tongue3:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Kevsky

Fraud In Medicaid

Postby Kevsky » 2013 Nov 05 12:32

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 05 12:41

Reading through all the talking points and rhetoric, one assumes that the assertion is that all of those admittedly right wing conservatives groups flagged by the IRS were legitimate social welfare organizations.

Is that what we're alleging here? Social Welfare Organizations without political affiliation?

You believe that?

Yes! You probably do! :beatdead:

Coondog

Your so-called scandals are nothing more than sad attempts to make mountains out of mole hills. But, Buck UP! You can blather conspiracy theories to your hearts content about Benghazi for at least another 11 years...........through Hillary's second term.

...................................!!!!!!!!!!

Crux

POW!!!

Postby Crux » 2013 Nov 06 09:57

This is not hard to figure or to have followed.

The problem with my opposition is that they don't even appear aware of the very words or Obama on this IRS thing. In spite of Obama's insincerity, his words reflected the seriousness of the situation. We have found out so much more since this statement in May.

I get that Fangz and corn don't care, and are just big government cheerleaders, and I do think you two are acting a little dense on this, and should be troubled by this show of FORCE.

Oh well.

As provided by The White House:

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. I just finished speaking with Secretary Lew and senior officials at the Treasury Department to discuss the investigation into IRS personnel who improperly screened conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And I look forward to taking some questions at tomorrow’s press conference, but today, I wanted to make sure to get out to all of you some information about what we’re doing about this, and where we go from here.

I’ve reviewed the Treasury Department watchdog’s report, and the misconduct that it uncovered is inexcusable. It’s inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it, and I am angry about it. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS, given the power that it has and the reach that it has into all of our lives. And as I said earlier, it should not matter what political stripe you’re from — the fact of the matter is, is that the IRS has to operate with absolute integrity. The government generally has to conduct itself in a way that is true to the public trust. That’s especially true for the IRS.

So here’s what we’re going to do.

First, we’re going to hold the responsible parties accountable. Yesterday, I directed Secretary Lew to follow up on the IG audit to see how this happened and who is responsible, and to make sure that we understand all the facts. Today, Secretary Lew took the first step by requesting and accepting the resignation of the acting commissioner of the IRS, because given the controversy surrounding this audit, it’s important to institute new leadership that can help restore confidence going forward.

Second, we’re going to put in place new safeguards to make sure this kind of behavior cannot happen again. And I’ve directed Secretary Lew to ensure the IRS begins implementing the IG’s recommendations right away.

Third, we will work with Congress as it performs its oversight role. And our administration has to make sure that we are working hand in hand with Congress to get this thing fixed. Congress, Democrats and Republicans, owe it to the American people to treat that authority with the responsibility it deserves and in a way that doesn’t smack of politics or partisan agendas. Because I think one thing that you’ve seen is, across the board, everybody believes what happened in — as reported in the IG report is an outrage. The good news is it’s fixable, and it’s in everyone’s best interest to work together to fix it.

I’ll do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this happens again by holding the responsible parties accountable, by putting in place new checks and new safeguards, and going forward, by making sure that the law is applied as it should be — in a fair and impartial way. And we’re going to have to make sure that the laws are clear so that we can have confidence that they are enforced in a fair and impartial way, and that there’s not too much ambiguity surrounding these laws.

So that's what I expect. That's what the American people deserve. And that's what we’re going to do.

Thank you very much.

...interesting...

So according to that statement, the law was not applied in a fair and impartial way, what happened in the IRS, the targeting of conservative groups, was an outrage, and smacked of political agenda, and this misconduct should never be repeated, and was inexcusable, and we all have every reason to be troubled and outraged by it.

...hmmm...

I say point scored for crux and snakeboy on this one.

NEXT.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 06 13:15

So........YOU agree with Obama. Coondog disagrees with Obama. Yet, YOU blame Obama. No wonder you're so confused.

Coondog blames the IRS. But, that doesn't suit your purposes.

You're not interested that these groups were not eligible in the first place.

All you're interested in is assigning blame. Assigning blame to Obama, that is.

If it were mostly left wing groups, and a republican president you'd be making the same argument Coondog is.

Why? Because your pettiness and hypocrisy demand it.

The good thing is, thanks to people like you, there won't be any republican presidents for a long, long time.

Coondog :laughing:

So, rant away my friends. Engage in all the name calling you care to, because nobody cares. The Tea Party is on it's way out, just like the John Birchers before them.....relegated to one small, smelly corner of obscurity where no one likes you but yourselves. But, then, you do like yourselves a lot, eh?

...............!!!!! ??

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Nov 06 16:26

Oh I hold Obama accountable to a great extent and again, I do not believe his sincerity.

The John Bircher comment I will let lay. The Tea Party frame of mind will not go away.

The "tea party" is a quintessentially liberty based argument. Private property and commerce, capitalism, limited constitutional government, less coercive government, less Federal Government spending and more Federal Government economic accountability. To champion personal responsibility and individual rights as well, are not going away. If it makes you happy to think so I say happy post election day.

Return to “MAIN FORUM”