Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Wise One » 2014 Feb 09 12:05

Another in Crux's parade of willful inanities.

Nelson Mandela did not wear a T-shirt because he believed North Carolina style voter ID laws are a good idea. He wore it because his supporters could not vote for him unless they registered!

North Carolina NAACP did not ask marchers to bring an ID because they are hypocritical, or think government-mandated ID's are a good idea as a hurdle for voters to surmount. They made a private request for at least three practical reasons:
  • Responsible organizers of any large demonstration want to be able to quickly identify anybody stricken by a medical emergency, a near certainty in any large crowd
  • This kind of gathering has as one of its purposes having a few of its participants meet with legislators in their offices. ID is required for admittance to those state buildings.
  • A prime goal of this gathering is to stimulate voter registration. Applications will be distributed to unregistered attendees by organizers, with encouragement to fill out them out on the spot and mail immediately with the requested ID information.
:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

The Prince of Petty

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 09 13:00

AO, you actually do understand how petty you sound. The very folks blasting the requirement to show ID to cast a legal ballot, require their protesters to SHOW ID???

Come on this is funny stuff! Hypocritical even! You can pretend. You can spin.
You can TALK... It all sounds like blah blah blah blah in the face of this IRONY.

You are lost on this issue, in my opinion and from my perspective of course.
We have kicked it around. We will leave it up to others to decide what of it.

Presenting ID to vote is just fine and dandy. Ask just about EVERY State and,
of course the Supreme Court too. Want to vote? Register and show I.D. :coffee:

This is simple stuff.
Last edited by Crux on 2014 Feb 09 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Feb 09 13:14

I'm comfortable with leaving "it up to others to decide" which of us sounds dumber.

:tiphat:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 09 14:12

You made me chuckle. I admit, you sound the reasoned fellow, just not so reasonable on the issue of providing ID to cast a legal vote in a free and fair election. Folks have to decide if it makes sense to have to provide an ID for a MULTITUDE of reasons, and then have some cry "FOUL!", when an ID is required to cast a Vote in the Democratic Process.

I do sound more, WHIMSICAL than you, it is true. Have a fine day...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 May 02 22:06

Why Wisconsin’s Voter ID Decision Is a Very Big Deal

A judge just eviscerated the conservatives’ favorite weapon for voter suppression.
Put simply, voter impersonation is a fake problem that doesn’t need a solution.

Crux

whatever

Postby Crux » 2014 May 03 20:11

I am done with this topic pretty much. It is and will be found in the end reasonable that States have I.D. requirements to vote.
It is May. There is a midterm election in November. Americans have 6 months to get I.D. at little if no cost if they wish to vote.
True the Vote, and both political parties and a myriad of other organizations stand ready to help you obtain the necessary I.D.

Neck-aint-red

Re: whatever

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 May 03 22:43

Crux wrote:... the necessary I.D.

It is clearly not "necessary."

It is "punitively required," for the purpose of suppressing voter participation. Republicans benefit from a shrunken electorate.

Crux

Wanna vote?

Postby Crux » 2014 May 04 10:00

There is no "shrunken electorate" though necessarily.
For example Georgia, where there is a large black population.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/despite-vo ... rgi/nR2bx/

States require I.D. This is a lawful common sense administrative process.

Look. It is a simple proposition to require I.D. to cast a lawful ballot.

On election day, a voter might get pulled over for speeding on the way to the polls and HAVE TO produce an I.D....
On election day, a voter might wanna beer to drink...
On election day, a voter might have to write a check somewhere to purchase some THING...
On election day, a voter might wish to apply for credit...
On election day, a voter might need medical care...
On election day, a voter might wish to adopt a pet...
On election day, a voter might need to pick up prescription drugs...
On election day, a voter might want to rent a car...
On election day, a voter might need a cigarette very badly...

The care-taking, paternalistic, condescending, victim-mentality, enabling and DESTRUCTIVE opinion of white liberals towards "minority groups",
is disturbing and DE-humanizing. I would rather treat folks as capable and equal under the law and in the eyes of society, community and GOD...

Trend Setter

Postby Trend Setter » 2014 May 04 13:00

Nearly every item on that list has a reason that is rationally grounded in protecting of public safety and health, or financial security. Instances of past abuse are serious and many, and the ID requirement serves a justifiable purpose.

There is NO reason for imposing an ID requirement on a person at time of voting, when he has already identified himself adequately when he registered. There are negligibly few instances of voter impersonation abuse, and so an ID requirement at voting time serves no justifiable purpose.

An elderly non-driver (there are many millions of such people) is required by law to do exactly ONE item on your list, the prescription drug thing, and even that is doubtful because I've picked up many prescriptions on behalf of a bedridden person with no questions/ID asked.

The rest are privately generated requirements, no laws involved, that can be waived and many are from time to time.

Crux

Lame Lame Lame Lame Lame Lame Lame

Postby Crux » 2014 May 04 13:41

http://ballotpedia.org/State_by_State_Voter_ID_Laws

Please note from the list some of the BLUE STATES and what they require:

California-All voters are required to provide a driver's license number or state identification number. If voters do not have a driver's license or state ID, they may use the last four digits of their social security card. If they also do not have a social security card number, the state will assign a unique number which may be used for voting purpose

Illinois-Two forms of identification are needed, with at least one showing the voter's address. Valid identification includes photo and non-photo ID. Voters using Early Voting must provide a photo ID, such as an Illinois driver's license, state ID card or a U.S. passport

Massachusetts-Voters must present valid identification which must include the voter's name and address.

New York-Valid identification includes photo and non-photo identification. (same in West Virginia)

I.D. is required as a matter of administration. Photo, non photo, SS card, etc. The issue is that this is customary, varies a bit, and is not a burden.
I.D. is EASILY and READILY obtained. There is really no excuse for NOT having I.D. if you wish to cast a vote and ALL STATES REQUIRE IT.
:pat:

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Jun 18 09:31

voterid.png
voterid.png (242.42 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

Crux

Folks here must of missed this...

Postby Crux » 2014 Jul 07 22:05

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... plemented/

BLACK VOTER TURNOUT INCREASED IN NORTH CAROLINA AFTER RECENT VOTER RULES WERE UPDATED. Yes, the so called liberals howled about NOTHING.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://winwithjmc.com/archives/5748 This is an interesting analysis of how the 2014 Primary Season is shaping up as a FORECASTER for the November Elections. It is short, to the point and even simple enough I THINK, that even my Little Brother, clown, neck-hates, and even BUCK should be able to grok.

Crux

Told you so...

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 13 07:54

Wise One wrote:Why Wisconsin’s Voter ID Decision Is a Very Big Deal

A judge just eviscerated the conservatives’ favorite weapon for voter suppression.
Put simply, voter impersonation is a fake problem that doesn’t need a solution.

Crux wrote:I am done with this topic pretty much. It is and will be found in the end reasonable that States have I.D. requirements to vote.
It is May. There is a midterm election in November. Americans have 6 months to get I.D. at little if no cost if they wish to vote.
True the Vote, and both political parties and a myriad of other organizations stand ready to help you obtain the necessary I.D.

...remember all that bluster?
YOURS, not mine??

That was MAY, it is still not too late to obtain the required State I.D. and cast your vote. MULTIPLE forms of I.D. are acceptable in every State, and there is EARLY voting, BUSES to get you there, DEMOCRAT activists to hold your hand and EDUCATE you and there is always the ABSENTEE BALLOT!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*****NEWS TODAY****WISCONSIN***Voter I.D. Law reinstated by a Federal Appeals Court!!!*** :coffee:
***"The 7th Circuit issued a ruling late Friday afternoon lifting Aldeman’s stay and allowing the law to go into effect before the November elections."***

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Sep 13 09:37

You are correct ... a 7th Circuit panel of 3 judges, all Republican appointees, affirmed the law.

This is a sad day for fairness and democracy. One can only hope that this bad decision will be reversed on appeal, although one cannot any longer count on the Supreme Court to render nonpolitical decisions. An odious Republican cabal sitting there has a majority.

Crux

WHAAA

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 14 09:09

Wise One wrote:You are correct ... a 7th Circuit panel of 3 judges, all Republican appointees, affirmed the law.

This is a sad day for fairness and democracy.

Democratic appointees who hear cases full time, now hold a majority of seats on NINE of the 13 United States Courts of Appeals.

Fairness? Whatever. Republican appointees hold majorities in ONLY FOUR of the 13 US Appeals Courts...

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2014 Sep 15 15:19

I been reading this stuff about voting and the republicans are right about not let just anybody like illegal aileens and blacks and welfare queens vote.

Why should they? They just make everything bad for all of us so its right to make them lots of trouble to get photo ID and lots of stuff, even more maybe so they don't try to cheat us be always voting for liberals and crazy things that destroy capitalsism and freedom. Most of them are too lazy to do that, so it is really good to weed them out maybe cause that way real Americans like me can get our country back.

Those liberals keep on saying there isnt voter fraud which is stupid, cause how could all those dumass liberal politicians and democrates get elected unless there is lots of fraud, huh? That proves it and we need to stop it and execute people when they vote without photo ID, that would teach them preety quick and its a good idea maybe.

So I say good for you Kevski and Cruxs more power too you cause most of the other forumers seem kind of a dim bulb if you get it, huh?

Love and kisses

Crux

It's what they do...

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 15 20:23

...when losing an argument both on the merits, substance and in this case, the Forum Rules:

From the Administrator:

7. The practice of using multiple user names is discouraged, lest postings mislead other users as to the popularity of a view. The administrator may blow the whistle on multiple user names that appear to originate from the same person.

Out comes Sweetness and Light!!!

two points crux

1. For pointing out most appeals courts are controlled by democrats 9-4.
2. The "Suppress the Vote' CRAP is just that!! Everyone is FREE to vote! IT'S EASY as PIE!

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2014 Sep 15 21:15

yEs you are right again and crap it is about the vote suppress thing, its all just made up hateful by the democrats cause their afraid they can't win if the election is all legal with everybody checked to vote cause they are real people not made up voting ten times like a dead person, huh?

I don't understand all this stuff but I know the important things anyway about nobody who is a real American patriot is going to be turned away at the poles. They just have to give an ID with a picture like we all have. Why do they whine all over the place about this thing anyway, huh?

My daddy said they used to have a pole tax and a literacy test that anybody could do and they stopped that cause of the same whining. I think there is nothing wrong with that, why should we let stupid people vote who cant even read and write good, huh? And it's fair for a pole tax cause maybe it costs money to have all those voting machines and stuff why should the aileens and black power screamers get by scotch free? I say if they are too dumb to have any money for the tax then they are too dumb to vote!!

Love and kisses,

Crux

This is what Voter Fraud looks like...

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 29 22:33

http://www.nhregister.com/government-an ... cale=id_ID

Not quite like speeding and how the Police can't catch EVERYONE. Law enforcement just tries to keep the lid on! GO DEMOCRATS!!! :knife:

Crux

whatever

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 17 19:06

How about some HISTORY.

This is interesting:

Here’s a brief timeline on the evolution of voter ID laws:

• April 29, 2008: The U.S. Supreme Court upheld Indiana’s voter identification law. The justices said a requirement to produce photo ID is not unconstitutional and noted that the state has a “valid interest” in working to eliminate fraud at the election booth.

• May 2011: 2011 Wisconsin Act 23 signed into law by Gov. Scott Walker. The law required voters to show some form of legal photo identification in order to vote.

• November 2011: Texas and South Carolina submitted their voter ID laws to the Justice Department. Texas’ law was enacted as an effort to have photo Voter ID ready for the 2012 elections.

• Nov. 17, 2011: Texas voter ID stalled by Justice Department. The DOJ said it needed more information regarding minority voters to see if the new law would violate minority civil rights. The Texas law required all registered voters to present a drivers’ license or government-issued picture ID to cast a ballot.

• December 2011: Attorney General Eric Holder blocks South Carolina’s voter ID law. During this time, Texas is also up against the Justice Department.

• Oct. 11, 2012: A three-judge panel in federal district court in Washington, D.C., found that South Carolina’s law requiring voters to show photo ID at polling stations was not discriminatory to blacks. The Justice Department said the law disenfranchised minorities.

• June 2013: Supreme Court decision in Shelby County, Alabama v. Eric Holder removed a provision in the landmark 1965 Voting Right’s Act that certain jurisdictions, including former Confederate states, to get preclearance from the Department of Justice before making changes to election laws and redistricting maps.

• July 2013: Holder told the National Urban League that he would fight Texas’ new voter ID laws. Holder said the court’s reasoning in Shelby County v. Holder was “flawed,” according to Time magazine. Holder said he would find a way to battle the Texas law by presenting specific cases of minority disenfranchisement to the courts as a step to getting preclearance for any new laws proposed by Texas.

• April 2014: A federal judge in Wisconsin struck the state’s voter ID law down. The court issued an injunction to block the voter ID law during the appeals process.

• September 2014: A three-judge panel of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals lifted the injunction on the Wisconsin voting law, allowing it to stay in place during the appeal.

• Oct. 9, 2014: A federal court in Texas struck down its voter ID law on the basis that it had a discriminatory effect on minority voters. Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, a Republican, said he would appeal.

• Oct. 9, 2014: U.S. Supreme Court upholds North Carolina’s voter ID law. No same-day registration is allowed for early voting. Election Day ballots cast in the wrong precinct won’t be counted in the coming November elections. The full law will be enforced. Those who challenged the law are preparing for trial next summer.

• Oct. 14, 2014: The 5th U.S. Circuit Court allowed Texas to enforce its current voter ID laws, overruling U.S. District Court Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos, who had called the current law to require identification is “draconian.”