Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kansas, and what is reasonable.

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 19 10:06

Neck, from the article:

"Those states have enacted laws requiring new voters to provide a birth certificate, passport or other proof of U.S. citizenship when registering to vote. People who register using the federal form only need to sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that he or she is a U.S. citizen."

Did you know one of the "other proof(s) of U.S. citizenship" is a Kansas issued Driver's license/photo ID? The use of the words "extremely rare" or "paucity" in describing the numbers of fraudulent votes cast doesn't do much for me, given razor thin election returns. Reasonable people and the SCOTUS agree.

Neck do you?

Presenting a State Issued photo I.D. at the polls is a reasonable requirement.

Wise One
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 19 12:17

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Re: Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 19 13:04

We will have to disagree. We have gone round and round. A State issued I.D. is easily obtained, and universally necessary by ALL people. The poor need it for obtaining social services, the indulgent need it to obtain cigarettes and alcohol, the travelers need it for plane tickets, drive cars, or rent cars, parents need it for student enrollment, and the voter needs it in more than 30 some states to vote. Prospective employees need it to secure a job. Access to voting has never been easier, what with early voting, absentee voting, car pooling to vote and the voter participation numbers prove it across all demographics. The non issue is the difficulty of voting. The real issue is the manipulations and machinations the Left goes through to maintain a leaky system. I get that too...

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Jan 23 13:44

Last edited by Kevsky on 2014 Jan 25 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 23 16:12

Crux

Dear Mr. Bullturds:

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 23 18:41

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 23 21:18

A listing of facts/prices/procedures etc. for voter ID systems misses the point.

Which is ... it is a solution in search of a problem. We don't need it.

:coffee:

Crux

Voter I.D.

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 23 21:55

http://www.rnla.org/survey.asp

A wee list, hardly comprehensive, of 46 States, and VOTE FRAUD.

http://www.rnla.org/votefraud.asp

Voter Fraud, vote fraud, multiple votes, RAZOR THIN ELECTIONS, etc.

You lose. There is a problem. The solution is constitutional, cheap, and already employed by Maryland, Virginia and MOST EVERY State. The NON issue is the whine, and feigned paternalistic outrage by silly Demoncat Activists!

:salut:

Voter I.D. "It's The Law!"

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 23 22:37

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Jan 24 07:14

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 24 17:55

You are wrong, Crux is wrong.
I've explained carefully with solid references that voter fraud incidence is TINY and is dealt with adequately under existing law. (From Crux's references perhaps 3 very shaky cases of voter fraud in 11 years in all of Virginia). Conservatives conflate "election fraud" with "voter fraud." They are different.

Voter ID would address only "voter fraud", an imaginary problem, and yet Republicans want to bring out a sledgehammer "cure."
Government power should be applied 1) only to real problems that need solving, and 2) if that solution will deliver a benefit that is in the public interest.

Voter ID fails both.

We don't demand all citizens get a card certifying they do not have a nuclear materials in their house before they can move in. Why not?
1) Such cases, admittedly very dangerous, are rare. 2) existing law already covers this, with adequate penalties. 3) Issuing such cards to everybody would be inconvenient and expensive and would deny many innocent people the use of their houses while they are trying to get cards. 4) Demanding that people get such cards would do nothing to cure the hazard.

Voter ID is the same.

Everybody knows the real purpose of "Voter ID laws" is to shrink the electorate as much as possible, except for affluent middle-aged white Republicans.

Crux

What a waste of time...

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 24 18:00

I can only imagine the financial cost to taxpayers to
prosecute these hundreds of cases across the Nation.

The stakes are SO high. We need to have free and fair elections.
It is troubling to witness the efforts undertaken to thwart this...

crux-"The Left is UNHINGED"
:dontknow:

kevsky makes the lucid point. This SAMPLE is just that.
Every effort of Law enforcement is to MANAGE CRIME.
To keep THE LID ON crime. To TAMP DOWN criminality.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 24 18:12

But there is simply no criminality that needs further tamping down. 3 weak cases in over a decade in all of Virginia? With the "lid off"?

There are genuine crime problems that need solving, but voter fraud is not among them.

Why is it that Republicans insist in solving only nonexistent problems, always turning a blind eye to real problems?

Crux

Those EVIL democrats on the BIG ISLAND

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 24 18:54

Wise One

Re: Those EVIL democrats on the BIG ISLAND

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 24 21:39

Crux

Listen to you Chief

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 24 23:20

How about THIS reference: http://hawaii.gov/elections/voters/votehi.htm

"Be sure to have your picture ID with a signature on it for verification of your identity. You will be asked to sign a poll book to record that you voted at that polling place. Your Voter Registration Notice is NOT an acceptable form of identification."

AO, you can reference "headcount dot o r g".

I simply posted from Hawaii.gov official website my friend. The point is, that Hawaii, a BLUE state run largely by BLUE people not largely,
"affluent white republicans" REQUIRE PHOTO ID to vote.

It is clear, be it a FIRST TIME voter, WHATEVER...

Your real problem is that on this issue, your words and position are weak...

Everything I quote is not wrong, clearly. Don't demonize me. I have given you good argument and rational sport. Don't be such a ninny about all this STUFF.

AO, we'll simply have to, disagree. We get to this place now and again, friend.
I'm not sure why you are the way you are. It is your prerogative. Peace to you.

crux

:sleepy:

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 25 00:38

You are right, that seems to be way they mostly do it, verified by a Hawaiian friend of mine.
The law only requires a "valid identification" which is broad. I read (large document, slow to load) which does not specify a picture ID. They ask for it but are apparently soft if you don't have it.
If a voter is denied an opportunity to cast a regular ballot he is ALWAYS allowed to cast a .

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Jan 30 10:46

Crux

The Face of The Left?

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 30 18:28

Kindhearted? Respectful?
Little Brother, I know you do not like conservatives or have any tolerance for conservatism. Way back in the day, when I heard other kids using the epithet "DOUCHBAG!!" against someone they thought to be a loser, jerk, or just not as COOL as they were, and I found out what a douche was, I thought it to be
really very debased, and disgusting. It immediately made me think so little of the name-caller. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in you. On this Forum
there have been some very disturbing examples of name-calling by the folks on your team. AO, coondog, red-neck, and fangst... Now YOU. It would pain
mother to know you were so lost. I would like to challenge you to consider:
Do you really think this is FUNNY? Clever? Do you DO this to try to get in with your "tribe"? Have you considered that this attempted slight is demeaning to
women and their bodies? I would ask you to think of your own mother, sister, or daughter and consider how very CRUDE, and demeaning this language is to
not only women in general, but what it says about YOU... FOR SHAME.

Sincerely, Your BigBroCrux

Crux

Leftists March against Evil Voter I.D. Laws

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 09 10:27

Recently in North Carolina, "The Moral March on Raleigh" was held by the NAACP.
I am linking you to a Do's and Don'ts list given to the protestors of the EVIL right:

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/na ... 1390857331

You might take note to one particular "DO" #9 down the list. Shall I quote it for you?

:shakeh:

crux "Just helping you to understand..."