Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Obviously... Absentee voting, early voting, oh...

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 18 22:05

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/18/politics/ ... index.html

We live in a time where millions of Americans HAVE ALREADY VOTED in the 2014 mid-term elections.

We live in a time where you can EASILY get to the polls.

We live in a time that anyone can vote.

Multiple times...

:naughty:

Crux

La Raza promotes States that do not require I.D. to vote.

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 29 16:53

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/29/la-ra ... out-an-id/

Yummy states like ILLINOIS...

By the way those pesky touch screen machines that have no duplicate hard copy of votes cast? They have again been registering votes for Republicans as DEMOCRAT VOTES in Chicago, and Maryland. It is not hard to figure out this one either. Wanna vote? Show ID. Simple and Constitutional. One week to go.

Crux

MARYLAND again

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 30 21:07

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/29/ma ... -maryland/

It is the REALITY that makes voter I.D. laws so necessary...
These stories pop up every day. Those shifty Demoncats!!!

Wise One

Re: Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Wise One » 2014 Oct 31 00:44

Another ho-hum story written an axe-grinding and hysterical Tea Party Republican ALLEGING voter fraud on the basis of highly questionable analysis. This house of cards is built on the number of people who got out of jury duty by claiming they were not residents. We are shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that people may have lied to get out of jury duty!

The author of the lawsuit and articles on this subject is Reagan George, a crazed former Texan who is now employed by the Fairfax County Republican Committee and calls himself "Virginia Voters Alliance" in order to exaggerate himself into importance. He also writes Tea Party crap.

A story, which does not and probably never will exist, saying that a court has ruled the allegation to be valid, would make me take it more seriously. Meanwhile, I'll put it into my "Just More of Crux's Bullshit" pile.

:coffee:

PS. The related story alleging that 40,000 people are registered in both VA and MD is also ho-hum. It is well documented that once registered, a voter often remains on the state's voter list awhile after he has left the state.
I'm a perfect example. At one time I was listed on both VA and MD voter rolls, but I never voted in a state I did not actually reside in at the time of my voting. Very few people take the trouble to ask a state they have left to purge their name from the rolls. They simply register and vote in their new state, and the old state carries the name awhile before dropping it off.
BTW, 40 thousand out of 5.2 million registered voters is less than 1%. I am astonished at how small this number is, a testament to incredible Virginia efficiency in keeping its voter rolls accurate!
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Smear that State!

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 31 19:37

It happens HERE, at the RF. "TEXAS SUCKS"... "I HATE REDNECKS"...."RACISTS, SEXISTS, HOMOPHOBES"...
This level of demeaning slander,is not beneath even SENATORIAL INCUMBENTS. Ask the good folks of Louisiana:

"Things must be going even worse for the Democrats than the polls suggest. The campaign of incumbent Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., for example, has hit rock bottom.

How else to explain her lame attempt to blame her electoral peril on racism and sexism? Modern illiberals are incapable of thinking their record or their ideas could lead to misfortune."

It goes on from there but next Tuesday could be a blessing to Liberty. :2cent:

Crux

Supresser In Chief

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 03 21:01

Obama will not INSPIRE the vote, he will SUPPRESS the vote with his incompetence, poor performance, lies and overreach.

In 2012 more blacks voted by percentage than ANY OTHER GROUP. That is not likely to happen this year. 2014 will HOPEFULLY see some healthy tension
in the GOP in what hopefully will be a Senate Majority. They will have to legislate, and govern. The economy is weak and Obamacare is a DRAG on it.

Despite the best efforts of Obama to shield the voter from the implementation impacts of the ACA, the pinch is on. Folks are feeling it.
The disappointment with Reid and the Dem Senate and Obama is profound. From Ebola to ISISIL, to a massive illegal immigration strategy.

It is what it is and I can't wait to vote in the morning!!! Come on ED!!!

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jul 26 13:58

Well this is interesting. The former Speaker of the US House of Representatives was denied the right to vote in Texas by their new Republican-foisted voter ID law.

In other words, as Republicans say, "The system works."

Crux

Let's talk about vote suppression.

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 25 07:51

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /32055507/

The political pressure built on stereotypes and slander is voter suppression.
The field of GOP candidates and THEIR QUALITY is outstanding this year...

Nice little article of truth and clarity by Dr. Ben Carson here. Enjoy!

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Aug 03 09:15

I am so happy that our Nation's system of checks and balances are moving, as I knew they would eventually, to undo the hateful, unlawful, and unconstitutional actions of Republican bigots in state legislatures.

Republican sponsored and railroaded voter suppression laws in the following states have now been struck down.

Good riddance, and may stakes be driven through the hearts of these vampire voter suppression laws forever.

Crux

Suppress the Vote?

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 17 09:16

How about GET OUT THE VOTE.... Hillary, Soros and illegal aliens. What could go wrong? Nothing if you are a DEMOCRAT.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/illegal- ... os-effort/

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2016 Aug 17 10:53

What? Some people who pay their taxes, contribute to the US economy, and are here because of events they had nothing to do with personally, advocate creating a legal path to US citizenship?

How un-American!

Besides, a path to citizenship already exists. Persuade a rich blowhard egomaniac fraudster to take you on as a mistress and then marry him. Help him tend his wig, spray him with orange tan from time to time, plagiarize some sound bites and re-spout them, and buy a lot of expensive clothes with his money.

Now that's how patriotic Americans do it.

:potty5:

Crux

Basics

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 19 15:42

nudgewink wrote:What? (They) are here because of events they had nothing to do with personally...

Coming here ILLEGALLY, and participating in "get out the vote" campaigns is a CHOICE. :shakeh:

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2016 Sep 05 15:45

This is even more proof that the noxious North Carolina voter suppression law was deliberately and accurately designed by Republicans to disenfranchise African-American and Hispanic voters.

I seldom dance on the graves of the recently expired but make an exception in this case. Scalia would certainly have upheld this abomination. Republican refusal to fill the tie-breaking vote bit them in the ass this time.

:knife:

Crux

Outrage as if this is some BIG issue.

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 05 16:46

In NC if you are voting for the FIRST TIME, you do have to provide ID.

It is pretty weak in some ways:

Driver’s license or state ID
US Passport
Employee ID
Student ID
Military ID
Utility bill, bank statement or paycheck

In the end the courts will again uphold that the State can require ID to vote. It makes sense.
The BIG issue is making sure that all votes are legal and that all votes get counted correctly.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 05 17:33

More lies.

Thanks to court challenges, the situation has shifted dramatically from what passed the Republican NC House.

What you have described is partially correct ONLY because courts struck down the unconstitutional Republican outrage.

Here is what it looked like before the courts stepped in, stomped the Republican voter suppression law, and restored justice.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 05 23:20

Question, wise one, Romans 1:22

Do you object to a law that would require someone to prove themselves to be citizens before voting?

Crux

Fight for our lives.

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 06 18:38

We are in deep doo doo.

We have seen MASSIVE election fraud in the Democrat Primary!! Superdelegates to the DNC. Sanders was robbed.

The States have a right to not only run their State elections but require ID. These rules are equally applied to all residents.
We have been through this. It is scary when in almost the same week, Obama SCOFFS at the notion that the elections could
be rigged, and then he moves to having Homeland Security take the lead in overseeing the elections! True classical liberals
and actual libertarians are joined with conservatives and see through the politics, the schemes. Our Very Nation is a stake.

Crux

Mall shooter in Seattle voted Hillary???

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 29 08:40

http://www.king5.com/news/local/investi ... /327490798

This is an amazing story in ENLIGHTENED DEMOCRAT UTOPIA Washington State, where in neither state of local law, "we don't have a provision in state law that allows us, ether county election officials or the Secretary of State's Office to verify someone's citizenship"...

This guy has a green card. Citizenship isn't checked in Washington State. It is an "honor system".

YOU BETTER BET DEMOCRATS CHEAT AT EVERY LEVEL. The Truth is very simple, Democrat attempts to fight Voter I.D. laws are an effort to maintain a rigged system where the controls on who votes LEGALLY are sorely lacking and it is all purposeful you can bet.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2017 Nov 07 08:05

Vote suppression takes many forms. One is "inappropriate guilt". The recent Latino Victory Fund ad depicting a crazed faceless Gillespie Voter chasing minority kids through the suburban streets of Virginia is one attempt. Make those white people feel guilty! It will work well on younger voters, who are college age indoctrinates. Younger more than older. Female more than male. It is an emotional plea built on bias and innuendo.

Another form of vote suppression is "sweeping it under the rug". Take Donna Brazile's recent first hand accounts of Hillary's DNC takeover and corruption of the primary process. If you listen to our Governor Terry M. "nobody cares". Nobody cares that the democratic process was corrupted and bought and manipulated by Clinton. Nobody cares that Bernie got screwed. I mean Bernie hardly cares why should we? The problem is WE DO CARE.

Today you have a choice. Don't let it be suppressed or manipulated. You can vote for economic growth or social justice slur. You can vote for a very decent and capable man or the guy who says "Russian bots are to blame for your visceral reaction to the racist ad" he signed off on.

Choose.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Dec 12 11:41

This just in as we approach the Alabama special election.

Since the election may turn on African American turnout, Republicans have executed this two step process:
  • Enact a tough "voter ID" law that discourages voting among minorities
  • Double down by making it even more difficult to obtain the required voter ID as the election approaches.
This latest development in Alabama is disgraceful, and perfectly consistent with every instinct and action of the vile Republican party now ruling over so many of us.

Return to “MAIN FORUM”