Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Amy Probenski

Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Jul 27 10:03

Why are the white guys so happy in this picture?

They're Republicans in North Carolina, now leading the Nation with every sort of detestable voter-suppression scam they can think of.

Crux

Re: Suppress the Vote (unless they'll vote Republican)

Postby Crux » 2013 Jul 28 17:19

Obtaining your "news and information" from the Times OPINION page is kinda next to getting informed by John Stewart.

:sleepy:

Eliminating PAID voter registration drives? Asking someone to provide I.D. from the DMV to, VOTE? Asking folks to REGISTER NOT ON THE DAY OF ELECTION? :pat:

I really feel sorry for the progressive losers out there. They RAIL against sanity...

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Jul 29 10:09

It's still suppression, no matter how you rationalize it.

So, Coondog will put it to you once more:

Are republicans so convinced that someone is going to stand in line for nine hours TWICE in order to commit voter fraud that they have allocated such monumental efforts nationwide to enact these methods which are clearly aimed at demographics who are likely NOT to vote republican........which is MOST people.....which is really the point, isn't it?

Several high profile republicans have admitted as much. It's about time you did too!

Coondog :hammer:

Crux

It's why I call him CORNdog...

Postby Crux » 2013 Jul 29 19:01

coondog wrote:1. It's still suppression, no matter how you rationalize it.

So, Coondog will put it to you once more:

2. Are republicans so convinced that someone is going to stand in line for nine hours TWICE in order to commit voter fraud
3. ...that they have allocated such monumental efforts nationwide to enact these methods which are clearly aimed at demographics who are likely NOT to vote republican........which is MOST people.....which is really the point, isn't it?

4. Several high profile republicans have admitted as much. It's about time you did too!

Coondog :hammer:

Look Corn,

1. No it is NOT "suppression". All minorities vote in UNRESTRICTED HIGH NUMBERS.
If one can rent a car, buy ciggs, apply for welfare, etc. ad nauseated... You can show a DMV issued I.D. :shakeh:

It is WHY the SCOTUS struck down ONE little PART of the Voter's Rights Act that the ineffable Amy P. referenced...
The SCOTUS has noted, and so should you, that these efforts to TRUE THE VOTE are reasonable, constitutional and quite rational. States have shown fair and proper practices to the point the Court is comfortable...

2. Twice??? Nine hours??? NO ONE is standing in line TWICE for 9 hours. You really are an idgit. VERY FEW folks will stand in lines TO VOTE for anything like an hour, let alone NINE. You are such an exaggerating ASS. Besides, a voter can MAIL in an absentee vote in all 50 states and there is even EARLY VOTING TOO, jerk...

3. No one will vote GOP??? Let us look at the CURRENT House of Representatives, you know, those that are up for direct election EVERY DAERNED TWO YEARS!!! Guess what, REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED, dimwit....

4. Are you talking David Brooks or someone??? Cripes 'dog. This hue and cry of "vote suppression" is so much crap.

cruxthebestneighboryoucouldhave

CLOWN (yeah you)

My Wife HATES it when I call names but sometimes I just can't take all the old STUCK so called LIBERAL "know-it-alls"!!

PS...Treyvon was a thug and you know it. Doesn't mean he might not have turned his life around at SOME POINT, but he was a THUG. Who are you more like? TM, or Zim...

PSS... LIVEACTION is a really GREAT Pro Life group to check out and CHAMPION.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2013 Jul 30 14:01

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Jul 30 14:04

First of all..........requiring ANYONE to endure the DMV for ANY reason is cruel and uncivilized.

Second of all........One supposes that denial of republicans efforts to limit access to voting (in spite of what they, themselves reveal) as well as denial of attempts to limit and control women's health care and choice is paramount to maintaining ones conservative fantasies as not to be exposed to and rendered comatose by the associated guilt.

One might imagine think tanks full of liberals dreaming up controversial legislation based on bogus facts on social issues to rile up their constituencies while stifling pressing economic issues through neglect and obstruction. One might be a republican to imagine that..............

Coondog :pat:

A liar thinks everyone is a liar
A thief believes everyone else is a thief
A Republican thinks everyone else is as ignorant and devious as they are.

Sponsored by: Florida Watch Action
Last week, voters faced unacceptable delays to cast a ballot. Some people waited up to 9 hours to vote. In Miami, many stayed in line until 1 AM at night in order to vote.

Voting is a right but for too many Floridians, casting a ballot took far too long and may even have been impossible. After Governor Rick Scott reduced early voting, the lines were incredible, many waited several hours to vote.

On the Sunday before Election Day, Miami-Dade County shut down voting hours early because the lines were just too long for them to handle. Then, to add to the indignities, 180 people who tried to vote got their cars towed from the parking lot.

There were problems outside of South Florida, too. Voters in Tallahassee, Hillsborough and Duval Counties waited hours to vote, causing traffic snarls and other problems. On Election Day, one man near Fort Myers even lost his job after he was forced to wait three hours in line to exercise his right to vote.

And those were just some of the worst stories. Many other people silently, uncomplainingly waited in line for far too long. This early voting mess was created by Governor Scott. In 2008, Florida had 14 days of early voting but Governor Rick Scott shortened that to only the final eight days. Even when numerous Supervisors of Elections warned of problems and urged Scott to allow more early voting, he ignored them.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2013 Jul 31 08:27

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Aug 21 09:11

North Carolina Republicans, moving on yet another front to suppress the vote.

Perspective. My precinct has 3000 registered voters with 2 polling places plus 1 early voting place.
Boone has 9000 registered voters, now with 1 polling place total, located so as to be as inconvenient as possible.
This is clearly an evil political scheme designed suppress the vote among voters most likely to vote Democratic.

Notwithstanding the interpretation by Republicans that they are now free to do anything they damn well please to suppress the vote, I predict these North Carolina moves will be challenged legally and that the challengers, this time, will prevail.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Interesting...

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 22 00:43

The article quotes a STUDENT who first exclaimed she didn't know where the County Ag Center is, and then upon FIGURING IT OUT walked there in a BURDENSOME 17 minutes... LAME. I read too there is EARLY voting at the County Admin building.

Remember there are ABSENTEE ballots too.

Remember there are bicycles, car pooling options, and motivated political party activists to shuttle folks,
and if these realities are too difficult, and dear student has not a friend or car, take note:

ALL voters, both republicans and democrats will equally share the pain, such as it is...

So as to the helpfulness of your post?

...well, not really interesting after all. My goodness, EVERYONE will have to suck it up and vote at the same poll.

This is a snoozer AO. I would expect nothing less than the whine. This the best you got? :laughing:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Aug 22 09:00

Cruxy

How is it you are able to scour the information network for the most obscure trivia imaginable and fail to grasp the reality that is the focal point of the issue?

ALL voters, both republicans and democrats will equally share the pain, such as it is...

If you believe that multiple voting locations in republican districts for 1,500 people each is equivalent to one voting location for over 9,000 people in predominately democratic districts is in any equitable, then, congratulations! You are a certified Kool Ade drinker and have, once again, missed the reality of the situation.

The shenanigans afoot have nothing to do with voter fraud and everything to do with manipulation of the vote in favor of republicans. When a state issued voter card or student ID isn't acceptable, but a gun carry permit is, then someone is picking and choosing who votes and who doesn't. That would be your friends on the right, who have shown no regard for basic principles of fairness and who, unlike you, don't bother to deny it.

Or......maybe reception from under that bridge isn't what it should be. Stop lurking under there, trying to snatch up billy goats. Crawl out and let a little light shine in. Even trolls can be enlightened ......if they would just allow it to happen.

Coondog :tiphat:

The difference between conservatives and liberals is that no one is trying to make it harder for republicans to vote. There are so few of them.....there would be no point in it. They know that. You should too.

Be happy! Join the majority. Go liberal!

Crux

EVERY voter will have to vote in the same location...

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 22 19:49

coondog wrote:Cruxy

If you believe that multiple voting locations in republican districts for 1,500 people each is equivalent to one voting location for over 9,000 people in predominately democratic districts is in any equitable, then, congratulations!

Your are a certified Kool Ade drinker and have, once again, missed the reality of the situation.

I read the article. If you look there is every indication the voting district in question is narrowly Republican. The article noted that it went narrowly for Romney. As well one polling place that was closed had only a 10.5% turnout, and they sought to consolidate and save money no doubt. Note I am operating ACCURATELY on my recollection 24 hours later.

Is my assertion WRONG? :dontknow:
Will not ALL voters have to cast their ballots at the central polling place?
:tiphat:

Your criticisms and attempts to belittle me are without merit.
On this issue my points of fact, and view, are meritorious, clown...

My Goodness. I live more than 5 miles from my poll. It would be a hike, more than 17 minutes surely. The student in the article, the agenda driven writer, and you, and AO should just get a derned grip, and put on some big boy (or girl) pants.

YO...

Wise One

Re: EVERY voter will have to vote in the same location...

Postby Wise One » 2013 Aug 23 15:17

My, how dishonesty and illogic do reign in Cruxarkana.
crux wrote:Will not ALL voters have to cast their ballots at the central polling place?
True but irrelevant. The whole point is to suppress the TOTAL vote, all parties, which the measure will certainly do. Relative to other parts of North Carolina, voters in Boone are more likely to vote Democratic. They went for Obama last time. That's why Boone was targeted for voter suppression. If you depress Boone votes, you depress statewide Democratic competitive totals, the only thing that matters.
crux wrote: ..the voting district in question is narrowly Republican.
Wrong. The Boone district is a Democratic island in a sea of Republicans in the surrounding county.
crux wrote: The article noted that it went narrowly for Romney.
Wrong. The county went for Romney, Boone went for Obama.
crux wrote: I live more than 5 miles from my poll.
I suppose you are telling the truth, but yours is a different case. Boone is about 2 mi in diameter, not much like the rural district you live in. Rural people these days get around by car. Students in Boone mostly walk, and yes it's no problem for some but I guarantee that a significant portion of the population will not vote when they realize they'll have to walk 2+2=4 miles and then have to stand for hours at a polling place that is over its capacity.

OK, I realize that trolls like you derive most of their pleasure out of poking people with outrageous lies and insane illogic, but you might be surprised to learn that another way, reason and honesty, also has rewards. Give it a try. You might be surprised.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Points go to CRUX...though AO gets one for trying...

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 23 17:25

http://www.homefacts.com/politics/North ... Boone.html

You will find that BOONE north carolina votes 49.6% democrat and 48.8% republican, so I am essentially RIGHT.
The vote is VERY split, in BOONE north carolina. It is only SLIGHTLY democrat AO... You make too much of the
obviously slanted report by a whiny reporter!!!

It is not IRRELEVANT that all voters in BOONE will be FAIRLY treated as they will all vote at the same poll.

You are really lost on this. Points go to crux.

-the student quoted is a whiner
-you are a whiner
-you sound the fool with the TROLL crap
-there is early voting
-there is absentee voting
-there is no "voter suppression" going on in BOONE!

I am done with this issue and subject. I will leave it to others to judge. Your lameness is glaring, and I think you know it.

crux

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2013 Aug 31 11:00

Here's a glimpse into how North Caroline got onto the crazy path it is now following. Very sad.

Crux

KAW!!! KAW!!!

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 31 22:25

"In 2016, photo ID will be required to vote in North Carolina, just as it is today when citizens cash a check, apply for government benefits or even when buying cold remedies such as Sudafed." -quote from the Governor of N.C.

Now, that is easy enough to swallow. If you want to vote in North Carolina, you have more than 800 days
to not only obtain a photo I.D. but to register as well for the 2016 election. 2014? Still time to register!!!

"While the early voting calendar has been shortened, the actual number of hours a voter has to cast an early ballot is unchanged. Going forward, early voting sites will now be open longer, and uniform days of operation will guarantee every voter has an equal opportunity to cast an early ballot." -more from the Governor of N.C.

Simple enough!! You will have several days to vote EARLY!! There is that whole Absentee Ballot too!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel sorry for Auntie Nudge and the other victimizing whiners that crow and spin the yarn of vote suppression.
To suggest that any voter in any State is being SUPPRESSED by these sorts of constitutionally sound rules is IDIOTIC.

It is DEMEANING to modern free and savvy human beings... :clap:

Leave it to the bigotted to peddle the notion that blacks are incapable.

crux

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2013 Oct 25 09:46

Voter ID?

This explains it as clearly as possible.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 25 12:01

Yeah! According to the news, they fired that guy.

A republican makes a rare honest statement and they turn on him like he's chum in the water.

Coondog

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 25 13:38

You will find bigots everywhere.

Look at Eric Holder and his definition of what would and would not be considered a hate crime...

He doesn't speak for all Democrats or all blacks or all men or all attorneys.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Oct 27 22:59

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2013 Oct 29 08:54

denyvote.png
denyvote.png (444.95 KiB) Viewed 5165 times