The fourteenth amendment

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Cannoneer

Re: The fourteenth amendment

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Jun 21 20:18

Based on all of the articals and information on the computer if you go to "Illigal borded crossings from mexico"
Didn't you notice that on my very short post?
Does anyone on this forum really read the postings before they try to tear them apart?

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Jun 21 20:42

Yes, I read your post. I asked for a specific source that supports your argument. I know full well the kinds of results that random Google and Bing searches can reveal. A whole lot of BS and what can be hours of digging for substance and factual data.

So......I ask again. What is your specific source in support of your argument.

By the way.......asking for a source citation is not the equivalent of tearing a post apart.

You can yank the knot outta your panties now.

:tongue3:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Jun 22 09:40

I gave you the starting place to look and there are many pieces writen on the subject and many other places to look. If you're unwilling to look for yourself are you really interested in what's going on with our borders or do you just want to make an issue of my post?
If it wern't for the 14th amendment we wouldn't have a big problem with our borders.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Jun 22 11:14

I am not making an issue of your post.

I will ask once again.......what is the actual source for the basis of your argument? Were I not interested in the subject, I would not ask. I would simply read posts and move on to other items of interest.

As for you, be very careful about attempting to call others lazy. I am far from it.

Since you are displaying reticence in regards to supplying an acutal source that supports your argument, one can only assume that said source does not exist in reality.

:coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Jun 22 11:27

Didn't call you lazy. Told you a loction to find the information on illigal border crossings. If you seek you will find the truth and the truth will set you free. If you're unwilling to look for yourself don't expect me to think that you really want the truth.
I don't wear panties but you'rs seem to be in a knot.

Crux

On illegal border crossings and arrests.

Postby Crux » 2013 Jun 23 10:55

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all

Crossings and arrests up in 2012 over 2011. So what.

Look, whether the number is a million, or 400,000 ARRESTS, we have too porous a southern border.

For every detention/arrest, many more slip through. Many of us are fine with liberal legal immigration, coupled with a secure border. As well, we should not FAVOR low skill low education immigrants. We should allow folks from around the world to immigrate. Economics and logic favor this approach I would say. We should value an Americanization model of society, not a Bulcanization approach. Let's support educational requirements of an English language. Dang...

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Jun 25 10:22

If it wern't for the 14th amendment we wouldn't have a big problem with our borders.
cannoneer

Seriously! If it weren't for a provision granting citizenship to babies, nobody would sneak across the border? They don't come for any other reason?

Learn Spanish, go to any construction site and ask 'em. They'll tell ya!

Coondog :pompom:

Celebrate Diversity. A box of Crayolas with only white crayons allows for no creativity.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Jun 25 15:59

You are right coondog. That's exactly my position. If the babies born here wern't citizens we wouldn't have the problem. The 14 amendment was never intended to be interperated the way it is. It was only intended to right a national wrong done to former slaves. Just like the 13th and 15th amendments were.
A large part of them have no respect for our country, or our language and are not interested in anything but getting a piece of a pie that they never earned and are trying to steal with the help of the Bas---ds in Washington.
And yes, go to construction sites and watch the forign nationals who are in this country illigally doing jobs that citizens won't do, like carpentry, plumbing, heating and air conditioning plastering, general sheet metal work, electrical work, and so on. I spent most of my adult life working in the construction industry and to see what has happoened to it because the 14th amendment makes me very angry.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2014 May 05 19:30

There is a large constuction project going on at Bob Hope, formerly Burbank air port.
The majority of the workers on the project are hispanic.
The inside walls of the outhouses are covered with anti American graffiti.
One in particular read" F--K America;
I typed a reply and taped it up in the same outhouse. It read as follows.

To the person who wrote F--k America.
If you really mean that,
Give up your well paying American job,
Leave this land of Opprtunity,
And go back to the s--t hole you came from.
The anti American graffiti tripled.

People came here from all over the world for many reasons and assimilated into our socity and became Americans.
We now have people from many countries who not here to become part of American society. Only to remain loyay to the place they came from and bleed America for all they can get. Our own 14th Amendment is killing America.

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2014 May 05 22:54

Gee, Cannoneer, pardon my directness but it looks to me as though you are afflicted with prejudice, big time.

I've met and worked and interacted with a lot of immigrants, especially those from south of the border, and here's what my own experience tells me.

Your broad-brush negative characterization is wrong. There are so many different stories, and it's just silly to lump everybody together as a people with no respect for America, refusing to learning English, and who only seek to "bleed America for all they can get" .

They're pretty much like everybody else. The youngest are bright, flexible, ambitious, energetic and learn English and adapt to the ways of their new world at very high rates. With age, these qualities tend to decline, but that has nothing to do with their country of origin, only with the very human limitations that strike us all.

The same negative characterizations you fling around have been hurled at EVERY immigrant group, from the first days of our country. The charges are as false now as they have always been. It's bunk.

I think our ancestors got the 14th amendment right and wouldn't change a thing.

Crux

Auntie "Knee Jerk"

Postby Crux » 2014 May 06 07:44

Certainly the 14th is open to debate, and interpretation. I read cannoneers post. I read this:

Cannoneer wrote: People came here from all over the world for many reasons and assimilated into our society and became Americans.
We now have people from many countries who not here to become part of American society. Only to remain loyal to the place they came from and bleed America for all they can get. Our own 14th Amendment is killing America.

I read Auntie Nudge's post:

nudgewink wrote: There are so many different stories...They're pretty much like everybody else. The youngest are bright, flexible, ambitious, energetic and learn English and adapt to the ways of their new world at very high rates.

She might have stopped there, or expanded in line with cannonneer. She didn't.

She got he back up and let her own prejudice and obtuseness shine. Cannoneer is talking legal vs illegal, assimilation vs just making a buck in a foreign land. Gratitude vs ingratitude. He is obviously NOT saying "all Hispanics are anti American" or "all Hispanic immigrant workers are anti American". He is speaking to a patriotic righteous indignation that Auntie, in her right mind, would share with us all...

Certainly the graffiti is the work of a few immature ingrates and clowns. Auntie, at your age I expect more from you, but obviously you are who you are.

Coondog

Constitutional Twist

Postby Coondog » 2014 May 06 13:19

It is amusing :laughing: to observe how strict constitutionalists who rant about the sanctity of the document, freedom, founding fathers, liberty blah, blah, blah, feel about the parts of the holy constitution they don't particularly like.

The second amendment is a Natural God Given Right to carry a loaded gun at all times and to use it whenever one feels threatened....especially if one feels threatened by things like......the existence other people. Natural! God Given! Right!

But, the 14th.....eeeehhh.....not so much. That falls into the category of stuff like the Statue of Liberty. Give us your poor.....and all that other hogwash. What do you expect from the French? What would that tarnished green wench know about liberty?

One supposes when it comes to worship, the constitution is much like the Bible. Embrace what parts serve your ends and ignore the rest. After all, some rights are less God Given than others!

Coondog :dontknow:

A moment of silence......Please!

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2014 May 06 18:53

nudgewink, I'm happy to hear that you don't have the problems where you live that some of the rest of the country is having. If you read all of what I wrote, you will find that I'm fine with immigrants who come to this country and respect it. I have no respect for those who don't and I feel much animosity towared them.

coondog, Your usual blah blah blah. You judge what you know nothing about. The only part of the constitution that I would like to change or abolish is the one that's hurtring the country. Namely, the 14 amendment. I served and took an oath to defend the constitution, all of it, even the amendment that I would like to abolish.

I find it hard to believe some of you folks who write on this forum are Virginians. Old Dominion, It refused to join the seceding States until it was ordered to help subjugate them. I can admire people like that.
A side note. When the vote was counted Rockbridge County had only one vote against secession.

Crux

lightweight

Postby Crux » 2014 May 06 21:08

Coondog wrote:
The second amendment is a Natural God Given Right to carry a loaded gun at all times and to use it whenever one feels threatened....especially if one feels threatened by things like......the existence other people. Natural! God Given! Right!

classic clownsense You paraphrase your very own mental projections of what no one here on this forum has said. You are a poser and a loser.

Crux

Auntie check this out!

Postby Crux » 2014 May 06 22:09

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05 ... apologize/

MSNBC, progressive, corporate media...
:shakeh: What does your feigned outrage meter detect HERE???

Return to “MAIN FORUM”