crux's corner...(self directed exile in the House)

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: crux's corner...(self directed exile in the House)

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jan 04 12:49

Finally! A useful purpose for firearms. Thanks for coming to your senses, Crux.

:coffee:

Yes, the US is different. And not in a good way:

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Just to balance out ashattery....

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 15 21:02

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jan 15 22:54

Iz had an amazing gift. Sad his problem took him out so young.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

another 4 year degree

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 16 08:00

I earned another degree by participating in this silly forum, tangling it up with so many leftist buffoons. It has been an education. I know your arguments pretty inside and out because I have myself been, and am now a reformed, LIB. I have always been a libertarian moreso, a classic liberal. A real LIBERAL. I still am in so many ways, and I have always LOVED this country and been blessed and moved by it's promise. I think my time here is dwindling and I will not pursue the master's degree as I have enough life experience by this time in my life. I always wish you all well. I hope that I have actually helped a visitor or two, but my time is short. Life is short. Besides there is too much asshatery here...

Coondog and wiseone prove that in the healthcare thread most recently. My goodness what foolishness.

Crux

WWIII whether you see it or not.

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 17 17:59

45 in Orange Jumpsuits and Cages, burned to death by ISIS today.... :angry4:

Crux

Love this...

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 22 13:15

The Affordable Plumbing Act Of 2014

Only weeks after leaving office on January 20, 2017, former president Barack Hussein Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the Plumber to come out and fix it. Joe drives to Obama's new house, which is located in a very exclusive, gated community near Chicago where all the residents have a net income of more than $250,000 per year.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. Joe is led to the guest bathroom that contains the leaky pipe under the sink. Joe assesses the problem and tells Obama that it's an easy repair that will take less than 10 minutes. Obama asks Joe how much it will cost. Joe checks his rate chart and says, "$9,500."

"What?! $9,500?" Obama asks, stunned, "But you said it's an easy repair Michelle will whip me if I pay a plumber that much!"

Joe says, "Yes, but what I do is charge those who make $250,000 per year a much higher amount so I can fix the plumbing of poorer people for free," explains Joe. "This has always been my philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied the Democrat Congress, who passed this philosophy into law. Now all plumbers must do business this way. It's known as 'The Affordable Plumbing Act of 2014.' I'm surprised you haven't heard of it."

In spite of that, Obama tells Joe there's no way he's paying that much for a small plumbing repair, so Joe leaves. Obama spends the next hour flipping through the phone book calling for another plumber, but he finds that all other plumbing businesses in the area have gone out of business. Not wanting to pay Joe's price, Obama does nothing and the leak goes unrepaired for several more days. A week later the leak is so bad that Obama has had to put a bucket under the sink. Michelle is not happy as she has Oprah and guests arriving the next morning. The bucket fills up quickly and has to be emptied every hour and there's a risk that the room will flood, so Obama calls Joe and pleads with him to return.

Joe goes back to Obama's house, looks at the leaky pipe, checks his new rate chart and says, "Let's see, this will now cost you $21,000."

Obama quickly fires back, "What! A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!"

Joe explains, "Well, because of ‘The Affordable Plumbing Act,' a lot of wealthier people are learning how to maintain and take care of their own plumbing, so there are fewer payers into the plumbing exchanges. As a result, the price I have to charge wealthy people like you keeps rising. Not only that, but for some reason the demand for plumbing work by those who get it for free has skyrocketed! There's a long waiting list of those who need repairs but the amount we get doesn't cover our costs. This unfortunately has put a lot of my fellow plumbers out of business, they're not being replaced, and nobody is going into the plumbing business because they know they can't make any money at it. I'm hurting, too, all thanks to greedy rich people like you who won't pay their fair share."

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2015 Feb 24 09:58

Puerile.

Crux

Purile is in the eye of the beholder.

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 24 10:16

Shoot. You like Sarah Silverman, Andy Borowitz, and on and on and on... Good morning by the way. Now tell the truth.

You ever suffer overtly for being a woman? Were you held back? Have you ever owned a Caddie? BMW? Mercedes?

Crux

In The Garden. In The House. Give Thanks.

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 08 14:43

It is proof of my goodness. I will again, this time for the touchy CENTRISTONE, put myself in exile. Self imposed.
leave me be and you can have your merry way with current events and what they tell us. Don't poke me...

Look back though CENTRIST, and see how long the last time out lasted. Amy, stay out this time. There you have shut me up.
Thanks for calling me BUDDY. I honestly don't know why you or anyone would use INVECTIVE. It is against Forum Rules of Use.

crux "Laughing and Crying all at the same time..."

:sail:

You all enjoy. Don't provoke me! I really don't want to post, honest.
But if this place is nothing but a leftfest, running down my country... TSKTSKTSK...

Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Two for two so far. Clinton or Gore? :laughing: BIDEN!? :cry2:

Until then.
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 08 18:53

poke!

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 09 11:39

Crux, I apologize for losing my rhetorical temper. Please rejoin the fold.

Crux

Suggestion

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 10 08:24

When arguing a point, stay on point.

Thanks c&c. I certainly will participate a bit more. I haven't signed off yet... :sail: One day though.... :sail: I sail away....
______________________________________________________________________________________
crux

We can disagree without being dis agreeable. Sometimes we just will. Be disagreeable. That's OK. Have a great day men (and women).
______________________________________________________________________________________
Centrist. Don't pat yourself on the back about "figuring out sweetnessNlight". I too took her seriously for ONE post till "I got it". She is the likely construct of Amy P., or fangz, Auntie Nudge, or even, shhh.... STONEWALL HERSELF? Look RIGHT ABOVE your congratulatory observation, to another construct (in VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES on split personalities) BIGBUX. Coondog!!! Stop. It isn't any funnier than COONDOG!

See bigbuxstogeychomper was ORIGINALLY conceived as a criticism of my own supposed WEALTHY CORPORATIST OLIGARCHY! Laughable.

I am called "leftist" by the right, "righty" by the left. I am more truly liberal than many a progressive one size fits all central state planning big government top down solution POSER. "Centrist" if you will, or even, INDEPENDENT. Now, Centrist. Are you gonna support Rand or not?

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 10 10:51

Coondog is NOT a construct!

There is only one. The world could not contain two.

Wrong again, cruxy!

Coondog :tiphat:

Distantly related to Underdog, though.

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 10 11:38

You guys are really pieces of work. :thumbup:

Crux, re Paul: maybe. I'm ABH, but I can't judge Paul until he no longer has to pander completely to the extreme GOP primary voting base.

ABH = Anybody But Hillary

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 10 12:28

God help us if RAND PAUL is pandering to the "EXTREME GOP primary voter". How does he do that exactly?

SIMPLY give me the first thing that pops into mind. Or three. EXTREME? Gosh this should frighten us all certainly.

So glad coondog is simply, purely, coondog. :hail:

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 10 13:43

On social issues:

• A true libertarian doesn't give a damn about abortion, like me. But Paul recently sounded less libertarian than Wasserman Schultz. See my last post to "Countdown to 2016."
  • Paul has said same-sex marriage "offends" him. Okay. But in an address to religious leaders he claimed that marriage equality is only being debated in America because of "a moral crisis that allows people to think that there would be some sort of other marriage." Please! It's a damn individual rights issue. From a government standpoint, marriage should be strictly a rights and responsibilities arrangement. Again, not of great concern to me, but it is a big fat pander to the Christian right, like his abortion position.
On more important matters:

• Paul recently offered an amendment to boost the defense budget by some 16% over the next two years. No, no, no, no, no! This is particularly ironic in light of his general view of being prudent on military involvement abroad. (N.B., I'm not saying he's an isolationist.)
  • He has also been trying to backtrack on his more rational stance toward Middle East issues with a bill eliminating all aid to the Palestinian Authority. Of course, this is also a bid for Jewish money.
But it's still early. Let's see how things go as the primaries draw closer.

Crux

You don't give a damn? DAMN...

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 12 13:35

1Centrist wrote:On social issues:

[list][*]A true libertarian doesn't give a damn about abortion, like me.

I think a true libertarian would be fine with a couple of things: Not directing Federal tax dollars towards abortion services. I mean that is just the TIP of the Libertarian fiscal iceberg! Pay your own way and personal responsibility.

As well a "true Libertarian" would have an ethical obligation to protecting innocent viable life. Here I speak of NOT sanctioning the abortion of a healthy baby that is sufficiently developed to live outside the womb!

This is an ethical stance that DWS (and Fangz) can not take. I take it. Perhaps, 70 plus percent of folks take it. Do you?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On defense spending. A TRUE libertarian recognizes that the only true obligation of the FEDERAL government, constitutionally, besides regulating the currency, is to provide for the National Defense. Libertarians, even though they believe in non intervention, can still believe in being WELL PREPARED to do battle if the need arises.

Libertarians if they had their way, would strip the Federal Government of so much authority, bureaucracy, and funding, that ANY monies spent on the military would truly be easily garnered. We live n an atmosphere of ZERO budgetary restraint built on borrowing and printing 43 cents on every dollar the Federal Government spends, and astronomical debt that can only be inflated out of. Hardly LIBERTARIAN....

Call yourself what you will. Rand Paul is an adept, smart, well informed and able candidate. He would make a fine President, I think.

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 12 14:01

On abortion: I won't ever, under any circumstances, debate the abortion issue. Period! I do not care at all about it and it's too muddied because it's primarily a religious matter and used by our politicians to divide us and take our eyes off the ball.

On defense spending: Fiscal responsibility is more important than an increase in defense spending by a country that outspends the next 10-12 countries in the world combined. Enough is enough!

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 12 22:19

Very good. I can respect both positions. Thank you. I do understand your sentiment. I think it is reasonable. Politicians and religious people can muddle up a great deal, but there is much that good people must debate, and must decide. Very well. Have a good week.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 13 10:16

Randal Paul is an interesting, if unelectable fellow. He has one foot in the far right and one foot in the far left and though he dances like a chicken with both feet on a hot stove, is unlikely to garner support beyond the idealistic, yet impractical libertarians.

Alas poor Randal, we knew him all too well.

Coondog :hum: