Evolution, Is it Fact or Fiction?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Cannoneer

Re: Evolution, Is it Fact or Fiction

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 09 19:52

Romans 1:22
No wise one, it's you with the closed mind and you have no answer regarding one species evolving into a different species so you just cut and run.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 09 20:22

You can be just as insulting as wise one can't you nudgewink.

The bacteria didn't evolve it only developed an immunity it didn't become something other than the bacteria that it was.

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2016 Sep 19 13:20

Cannoneer wrote:The bacteria didn't evolve it only developed an immunity it didn't become something other than the bacteria that it was.

I think I see why Wise One is discouraged about you. You seem to be a classic case of the Dunning–Kruger effect . (Look it up.)

One celled organisms cannot "develop an immunity" in the sense of a complex organism like a primate (humans for example.) We have billions of cells and many organs, all tied together by complex immune and hormonal systems, highly developed and interacting biological controls. They sense, adapt, fine-tune defense mechanisms, develop antibodies, etc.

The ONLY thing a single celled organism can do is to evolve, that is by changes in the the structure of the fundamental DNA programming future generations of that cell. It has no other mechanism.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 20 11:03

Which comes down to becoming immune, it's still a single celled bacteria.
And evolution is still BS.
The fossil record should contain countless transitional stages between different species if the theory of evolution is correct.
However no countless record of transitional fossils have been found.
The theory of evolution claims life began in sea of lifeless soup, and you folks think Christians believe in fairy tales.
The small increment theory is absurd, no organ in any species will function until it is completely formed.
The Dunning-Kruger effect fits wise one and yourself much more than it does me and you are both very insulting. Maybe Romans 1:22 applies to you as much as it does to wise one.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 20 16:46

You spout doctrine, a fringe one at that, foreclosed of any thought. Even religious people with a brain recognize reality when they see it ... you never will.
Cannoneer wrote:The fossil record should contain countless transitional stages between different species if the theory of evolution is correct.
However no countless record of transitional fossils have been found.

Thousands and thousands of transitional species have been found. Reality and facts are not on your radar. EVERY species of life is transitional, alive or extinct.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 20 20:13

Your saying it doesn't make it so.

please stick to facts.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 26 15:33

We believe in the things that appeal to us most strongly.

• You believe that Nature is best explained by magic, made up by people who know nothing about the subject.
  • I believe that Nature is best explained by science, built by experts from hard facts, study, analysis, criticism, correction, and hard work.
Enjoy.

Crux

I believe in both mysteries...

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 26 17:34

Wise One wrote:We believe in the things that appeal to us most strongly.

• You believe that Nature is best explained by magic, made up by people who know nothing about the subject.
  • I believe that Nature is best explained by science, built by experts from hard facts, study, analysis, criticism, correction, and hard work.
Enjoy.

The contradictions and conflicts between God and Science are all man-made.... :2cent:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Sep 27 22:33

wise one you are a perfect example of psalm 14

I'm sure you know that your statement about thousands of transitional fossils is pure bunk.

What I believe in is a lot more realistic than life comming into being by itself or that ogans evolved one little piece at a time over thousands of years.

That's magic not science.

I think you only support evolution because you refuse to believe in a creater.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 01 11:46

Lucy is just one of the many "missing links" that conservative radical religionists claim do not exist.

PS. Some digestible fact-based science.

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2016 Dec 05 20:26

I don't hardly understand anything about all that complicated big word stuff and I think whoever wrote it is maybe crazy or trying to pull a fast one on us, huh? Everybody knows the truth, man started when God created Adam and Eve about 6000 years and we are in his image which is white, cause everybody has seen the picture of Jesus in church and school.

So all this stuff about evolution and the other races is just bull patties, maybe. I think the Snopes trial was right and it should be against the law to even talk about crazy evil evolution and if you do you should go to jail to teach you a lesson, and get executed if you keep it up. I was happy to see that VP Pence is with me on this and I hope they don't waste no time and go after all the blastfeamer "scientists."

You are right as rain, Canoner, so don't let those others beat you down snd stand up like the rest of us good Christian Americans!

Love and kisses,

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 16 10:19

wise, lucy wasn't human and no link from those hundreds of fossil pieces has ever amounted to a verified link to humans. They were only what is refered to as close to human by folks with a predetermined agenda. Same as you.
You just go ahead and keep callingthat kind of thinking science.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 16 12:52

Geez. Of course Lucy was not human.

It's called EVOLUTION. Gradual changes in an organism over long periods of time. The best we can ever do is to get snapshots, brief glimpses of how things were now and then in the long sweep of evolutionary change.

The links between Lucy and us, between primates, hominoids, and us are very very clear. The links are spelled out in great detail in DNA coding, and in the fossil record. More of that record and coding is elucidated every year.

I do not charge you with ignorance; I charge you with WILLFUL ignorance. There are literally millions of data points verifying the evolutionary picture and Man is but one creature among them all.

Your noggin is a brick wall.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 17 14:35

You charge me with willful ignorance?
You do not think for yourself, but accept evolution because you were taught that it was so.
But did you ever question some of the redicules claims. Like organs taking many generations to develop when each incremental change was of no value to any of the gererations until it was completly developed?
Evolution claims that small incremental changes get passed down from generation to generation only because they are a benefit to the species.
I think you would accept the statement from a professor that pigs fly, and do it without question.

I can throw insults just as well as you can.

And you have the balls to refer to yourself as wise one. I think you're juse a arrogant pompus ass.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 17 21:06

Cannoneer wrote:But did you ever question some of the redicules claims. Like organs taking many generations to develop when each incremental change was of no value to any of the gererations until it was completly developed?

Yet another red herring. This is a truly stupid statement.
Of course small changes have value! Take eyes for example:
The first crude light sensors had no focus and were weak. Even so, imperfect, they provided an advantage in sensing predators, food, etc., not great, but good enough to give a slight survival advantage over peers that lacked the ability.
Succeeding generations built on that, over time expanding the number of cells in the organ, changing form and adding new capabilities.
Most mutations failed and were weeded out by death, but those that gave a survival advantage were passed on to the next generation.
And so on until, after thousands of generations, a single cell sensitive to light had evolved into a complex eye organ with many capabilities.
The evidence is overwhelming and requires only study so that one becomes knowledgeable about the facts.
The creationist theory has no supporting evidence, just dumb "faith."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 17 22:50

There is no real scientific evidence for that fairytale, It didn't ring true when I heard it in grade school and it is still someones guess.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 18 00:51

When you say "there is no real scientific evidence" you are a liar. A liar. A liar.
Evidence, accumulated by thousands of people working many years each, exists and is on display all over the world.
Only a willful and dishonest idiot would deny that fact, with a Lie.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 18 09:58

And you are stupid, stupid, stupid.

A photosensitive cell would only determine light or darkness and without a nerve connection to the brain it wouldn't do that much.

Question. Since most life forms have some kind of eye including many insects which have very different kinds of eyes.and you think all life evolved from a single cell,"excuse my laughter" at what stage in evolution did this first photosensitive cell come along and how did it get itself into so many different life forms that are not connected to each other in any way?

there are so many things to consider when discussinging the eye.

I would also like to hear your BS theroy about all of the other organs that do not do anything until all of the parts are in play. Maybe you could start with the ear. I'd really like to hear that since firing cannons did so much damage to mine so I kinow how sensitive all the parts of the ear that allow us to hear can be.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 18 13:22

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

An oh so typical Trump voter.

As amazing as it is tragic.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 18 15:03

Well wise,
You are unable give any kind on intelligent answer so in typical liberal style and mention my politics as an implication that I'm not as smart as an arrogant, pompas ass like yourself.
And I still say it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it takes to believe in God.