Evolution, Is it Fact or Fiction?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: Evolution, Is it Fact or Fiction

Postby Wise One » 2017 Jul 07 11:10

Cannoneer wrote:And wise, that's a cute cartoon but its only speculation and guess work.

Here's the difference between reasoned analysis and guesswork:

Your friend who does not to own a car is seen standing at Lexington's post office at noon, at the Presbyterian church ten minutes later, and at the courthouse another ten minutes later. Nobody actually saw him walking. There are many possible explanations of the observations, here are two:
  • He walked from the post office to the courthouse by way of the church, stopping to rest along the way, nobody happened to be there to see him walk.
  • God caused him to vanish at the post office, then worked a miracle to create another person looking remarkably similar at the church (he has the power to do anything.) Ditto between the church and the courthouse.
People you have known for years verify that your friend likes to walk around town. Neither you nor anyone you know has observed people spontaneously disappear and then reappear as copies.

A scientist would prefer the first explanation. A religionist might choose the second.

To come back to the animated cartoon, it is not guesswork. The information it was built on comes from many fossils of the animal at different stages of its evolution over 50 million years. Reasoned analysis "walks" the animal's form between one stage and another.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2017 Jul 11 14:41

evolutionCup.jpg
evolutionCup.jpg (150.28 KiB) Viewed 3648 times

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Aug 01 09:53

Question to those of you who think evolution is factual and scientific.
What does that ridicules theroy have to say about fling insects?
Did they originate with some prehistoric something or other and evolve over millions of years?
This is what I think is factual, and a little poem I wrote about it.

It's true God made the filthy fly,
And saw no need to tell us why,
He had no reason to explain.
Because God gave us each a brain.

A brain to help us figure out,
Just what the fly is all about.
The fly Is such a simple way,
To rid the world of decay.

I think God only gave it wings,
So it could fly to putrid things.
For frum it's eggs the maggots grow.
And they eat dead things, dont you know?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Aug 02 22:48

Cool.
You're a poet.
And we know it.
More, more, more ....

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Aug 04 15:05

whak kind of poem would you like to read? history, humor, patriotic, rhyming children's stories?
email me at kcirts@yahoo.com and I'll send you some.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2017 Aug 09 21:50

Well wise,
I volunteered to give you more poetry and even gave you my email but you didn't respond.
So here's a poem that's just for you.

Re: Your reply to my last post.
Was that the best your brain could do?
I asked how insects came to be.
All you could see was poetry.

When questions are too deep for you,
And you can't give a bright reply.
You mock the person that had asked.
That's the ploy you always try.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 Aug 10 00:58

Ha! Nice one.

Trend Setter

Postby Trend Setter » 2017 Oct 31 09:28

I found yet another clear explanation of why we think the Theory of Evolution is sound.

It works for me. And I guarantee it won't work for head-in-the-sand religious fundamentalists like the Taliban and our own home-grown variety of the same.

And here's another one... a great debunking of the tired "human eye" skeptics.

Crux

Political Evolution Exists

Postby Crux » 2017 Oct 31 20:00

Hillary spent THREE BILLION and LOST

Trump spent 450 million AND WON...

What that tells you ISN'T that 450 is a bigger number than 3...

crux -IN YOUR EYE

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2018 Jan 29 13:48

Trump and Pence ... unredeemable idiots.

Pence wants evolution to be taught as a theory. Which it already is.

Just like the theories of gravitation, quantum mechanics, electromagnetic radiation; ionic, covalent, and polar chemical bonding, special relativity, and cosmology.

All theories attempt to harmonize an explanation with observed facts. The degree of harmony achieved establishes the proximity of a theory to truth.

All of the theories of science listed above, including biological evolution, solidly connect explanation to fact.

Idiot.

Crux

So Will I...(100 Billion X)

Postby Crux » 2018 Feb 01 17:18

https://vimeo.com/232562877

This lovely song came out in June of 2017. Thanks Amy for the counter point. Peace

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Nov 14 17:49

I've been thinking. Something that a lot of people don't do now that we have the internet and google and
I've come up with a couple of facts about evolution.

Even though evolutionists claim its a different subject, if it's true it had to begin with a single cell that must
have spread out in very many directions because there are about 51 million different species of life on our planet.
With the exception of some ants and some other insects and some fish most of the 51 million have eyes which are
very different in many ways. Spiders have multiple eyes, but all species of spiders don't have the same number of eyes.
Fly's also have multiple eyes. Some eagles and hawks have multiple moveable lenses in their eyes that enable them to spot
small game from several thousand feet away.

One thing that all of these different eyes have in common is the fact that the many parts that make up the eyes and enable
the creatures that have them to see do nothing for the creature unless each part is in place and doing its job.

That more or less relegates the small increments over thousands of years theory to just so much wishful thinking on the
part of the evolutionist.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2018 Nov 15 01:05

This tired creationist argument has been made ad nauseum, and is refuted in paragraph 8 of this reference.

Here's another debunking.

And another.

But I don't delude myself. You will probably never alter your view because, to you, the observed facts carry no weight with you. You're all about belief in magic.

Crux

!!Triggered!!

Postby Crux » 2018 Nov 15 10:35

Evolution and the lack there of is such a hot topic! De-evolution and Mutation should get more attention.

Crux

Trump Is A BOSS

Postby Crux » 2018 Nov 15 10:38

Juggler wrote:evolutionCup.jpg

Variation of a Theme: "Republicans are stupid. GOP Leaders are dumb" It is so tired, and just plain wrong as seen in the above!

Trump is a BOSS. He is a very stable Genius, quite capable and successful. He is clearly brilliant. The problem?

The Left takes what he says literally and never take him seriously. BIG MISTAKE as Trump just racks up WIN after WIN after WIN...

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Nov 15 13:57

Wise one,

I guess you are just too smart to reason out what is true and what isn't.
The article you pointed out does not deal with the whole subject and only refers to the the evolution of humans and follows the same old BS the evolunitist always fall back on.
Last edited by Cannoneer on 2018 Nov 18 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Nov 15 14:10

Crux,
Please let me know what is interesting to you and I will confine my posts to subjects you approve of.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2018 Nov 18 11:29

wise one? Do you really think you are wise?

As usual your method of of debate is to use something irrelevant to the discussion and then try to belittle your opponent.

All of those so called debunking articles are not debunking anything, they are just smart ass comebacks with no scientific value.

Also every argument given by evolutionists about the eye ignores the fact that without nerves connecting a photo sensitive cell with the brain the cell

has no value at all. The cell knows there is light but the life form does not.So what came first, the system of nerves or the photo sensitive cell?

CATCH 22.

Did we all descend from only one human who underwent all of the so called increments of evolutionary development of vision?

Their argument also ignores the eyes in insects spiders and sea creatures. In their evolution did this worthless growing of cells and passing down to the

next generation happen in all of the different species that all have different kinds and number of eyes happen? Even though in all cases there is no

benefit to any of the life forms until all of the components of the eye and all of the nerve hookups to the brain are completed and working.

Your remark to me about believing in magic would suggest to me that you can't see evolution for what it is because if you did you would have to

face the fact that there has to be a creator.

Wise One

Re: Evolution, Is it Fact or Fiction?

Postby Wise One » 2019 Jun 12 13:10

Here's another example of the growth in our knowledge about how evolution works. Yes, it does, and the evidence is irrefutable except by those who are proud of their ignorance and will hold onto it no matter what evidence is presented.

How did birds get feathers? Well, it's increasingly clear that feathers appeared originally in predecessor animals, the dinosaurs. Their original purpose was not flight, but insulation. Think downy feathers for parkas.

Those original structures evolved in succeeding species , eventually having two desirable properties: lightness, and strength, both necessary for flight. Weak feather structures still exist for insulation.

Here's a fascinating reference.

Right wing religious fundamentalists: No, you don't have to read it. Hang on to your ignorance. We know it's important to you.

PS. Virtually all accept that dinosaurs were the ancestors of birds. Hell, look at chickens and emus. They look and act like dinosaurs.