Follow The Money!

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Democrat Money is hard to follow...

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 21 09:06

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-2 ... implicated

The little article above about David Brock and the multitude of organizations he manages out of one office is a bit shocking.

All the whining about Citizens United and look at the above! The Clinton Camp is Corrupt through and through. It should be obvious by now.

Wise One

Re: My Hero ... Elizabeth Warren

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 21 22:16

Crux wrote:Her main problem is the whole Cherokee Fable.

Total bullshit. She said only there was family lore. She benefitted in no way from that possibility, as Harvard confirmed repeatedly. Here's the full reference debunking this false false false charge.

(Every family has ancestral lore most of which is false. Mine says I'm a descendant of Anne Boleyn and I don't believe it for a minute.)

Why can't conservatives stop lying? Because it is their nature.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 22 08:49

Wise One wrote:
Crux wrote:Her main problem is the whole Cherokee Fable.

Total bullshit. She said only there was family lore. She benefited in no way from that possibility, as Harvard confirmed repeatedly. Here's the full reference debunking this false false false charge.

(Every family has ancestral lore most of which is false. Mine says I'm a descendant of Anne Boleyn and I don't believe it for a minute.)

Why can't conservatives stop lying? Because it is their nature.

I am glad you cited the above article. It links to the Oct 22, 1996 Harvard Crimson issue http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1996/ ... at-hls-pa/ which says,

"Of 71 current Law School professors and assistant professors, 11 are women, five are black, one is Native American and one is Hispanic, said Mike Chmura, spokesperson for the Law School.

Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American."

Your assertion that Harvard gave no credence or that EW did not BENEFIT in any way is wrong. She most certainly did, by reputation and by deference. Her hiring was touted as fulfilling an effort to maintain a more diverse faculty. You are just wrong, AND pompous.

Further her supporters, as the Atlantic article points out, touted her Native American Ancestry as a SELLING POINT. This public portrayal is most certainly a seeking for BENEFIT. EW went along with the FABLE willingly and for years.

Further, the Atlantic article accurately points out the holes in the Fable that EW created and perpetuated and went along with!

It is a wonderful article you should actually READ. It points out the Boston Globe perpetuated the FABLE and then was forced to backtrack.

Your linked article is DEVASTATION of the EW Indian Fable of Ancestry. Like this, "...between 1986 and 1995, she listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools Directory of Faculty; the University of Pennsylvania in a 2005 "minority equity report" also listed her as one of the minority professors who had taught at its law school."

Sure there is the grand efforts by Harvard to absolve Harvard and Warren. I can read between the lines. I followed the story as it unfolded, and followed and listened to EW dodge and hem and haw. Believe what you wish about your "hero". You should have married such a woman!

I think you did better than that though. You married a kinder more grounded gal. EW wouldn't be able to abide you. You are too like her....
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The article points out too many of us like you, have oral history of ancestral affiliation that is just Fable. EW created this, with the fake ancestral recipes, the public and academic claims, and should not have. She should have known better and maybe she did. I think she just sought to benefit.

So as you might note. I did not lie. Conservatives did not lie. Did EW? Only if she knew what she said and perpetuated was false.
The way she handled this whole affair makes it look like she knew she was on very thin hunting grounds in the great sky river of ego.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Oct 16 14:44

Crux wrote: I can read between the lines.

And that's the difference between your approach and mine.

I read the entire article, weighing all the evidence and testing its clear conclusions, which were:
  • There is family lore, but no verifiable evidence, for Warren's Native American heritage
  • No preference or advantage was ever considered or granted by Harvard leading up to her appointment
  • Retrospective comments were made by others, not by her, regarding that family lore ... sometimes imputing more significance that she herself ever intended or represented
  • This flap is just another Republican kerfuffle, a made-up issue to deflect us all from realities they wish to hide from us.
I do not "read between the lines" to make up some conclusion that I want to believe, but is contradicted by the facts and reasoned analysis.

Crux

Please watch this.

Postby Crux » 2016 Oct 17 12:28

Wise One

Re: Follow The Money!

Postby Wise One » 2016 Oct 17 16:21

I did.
It is perhaps the worst of O'Keefe's string deplorable hit jobs.
No substance, random yakking by people who speak as anybody in a campaign would speak.
Pretty neat to send people with opinions of their own, rather than compliant drones, to an open political meeting.
That is what democracy is all about.
Trumpsters of course expose themselves as the violent crypto-fascists they are, only validating the presumptions of demonstrators and the rest of the country.

I'll be glad when we're rid of Trump, and fervently hope that his pack of vile serpents will crawl back under their rocks after the election.