Your Election May Last more than 4 Hours

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: Your Election May Last more than 4 Hours

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 09 12:49

Here's one guy's take on Third Party voters.
Voting a third party in Virginia, in retrospect, was a statement without negative significance.
In other states, not so much.
Thank you, Third Partiers, you gave us goddamn Donald Trump.
You (and we all) will pay for your choice.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Dec 10 07:36

Nope....3rd party voters did not give us Trump. We will not stand for that old, worn out media lie.

Look to the number of Democrats who did not vote.......at all. had the DNC not been hell-bent on coronating a queen instead of fielding a candidate that the voters could rally behind, we wouldn't be in this damn mess.

3rd party voters will not take the blame for this. The blame belongs to the elitist party insiders coupled with an idiotic and corrupt media.

:angry4:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 10 09:48

You and I agree on Dem/Hillary flaws. Where we disagree is in the weighing of those flaws against alternatives.
For me, all things considered, she was the best option on the table for the country. It was not at all a close call.
The passive "didn't vote" faction is regrettable and is deserving of condemnation.
But the third party "did vote" faction actively made a choice with a dire consequence.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 15 09:59

Cheer up folks, we are finally going to have a federal government that puts our country and it's citizens first.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2016 Dec 18 14:30

Our last chance to avoid the death of the United States of America.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 18 15:09

If that happens we will truely be a nation in turmoil.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Dec 19 15:26

WO......

On some of this, we will have to agree to disagree for the time being.

Meanwhile, consider this.

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 19 18:49

Today, December 19,2016, We the people won, not the Hollywwood elite who did their best to overturn the election.

Again I wouldlike to say to all you left wing liberals that I hope you all enjoy the next four years as much as I've enjoyed the last four.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 19 22:11

Cannoneer: Enjoy your "victory" party while it lasts. When Trump's bill arrives for you, you will not be so happy. Obama was amazingly effective in repairing the extreme damage done to the country by the irresponsibility of the GW Bush years, we've climbed out of the financial crash, have achieved essentially full employment, the stock market (key to many retirement incomes) has never been higher, and the Constitution has been protected against many Republican assaults. Obama has a place in history as one of the presidential greats.

Fangz: I hear you, and our mutual respect is solid in the face of minor differences of opinion. Yes, the voter suppression described is as effective in stealing elections as it is disgusting. BTW, while I agree with much of the Ring of Fire content, I find their format/delivery/on-camera performances off-putting. Is it just me?

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 19 23:02

Dream on not so wise one.

Lets see what changes happen after January 20, That will be a double happy day for me.

Lee, Jackson day and Ttrump being sworn in.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Dec 20 07:21

WO......

It's not just you. I find their on-camera stuff a bit lacking. They could use just a wee bit of polish.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Dec 20 09:30

Fangz,
Do you mean Lee Jackson day?
I toast the day but I've never seen it celebrated by anyone else.
My Great-grandfather and his brothers were cannoneers in the first and second Rockbridge Artillery. My dad and I were also cannoneers. I guess it's a family tradition for a Strickler in my family line to be a cannoneer. Robert E. Lee Jr. also served in the first Rockbridge Artillery.
If you know your history, you know why I'm proud of them.

I even wrote a poem to say what I feel.

They believed the States were sovereign,
And each State hadd every right.
To withdraw from the Union,
Leave in peace without a fight.

But Abe would not allow it.
Told the South that they must stay.
He told them if they tried to leave,
He was going tomake them pay.

The Southern men responded,
They said this isn't right.
If you try to keep- us in by force,
Then we are going to fight.

These sovereign States belong to us,
Invade them and you'll see.
We'll fight as long as we can stand,
To keep- them safe and free.

The South was short if everything,
That any army needs.
Except for blood and honor,
And the men's courageous deeds.

They won of the battles,
Though outnumbered by their foes,
These loyal Southern slodiers,
In their torn and tatterd clothes.

And when they saw their cause was lost,
They still fought all the way.
And I'm proud to be descended,
From a soldier who wore grey.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2016 Dec 24 12:34

Cannoneer: Enjoy your "victory" party while it lasts. When Trump's bill arrives for you, you will not be so happy. Obama was amazingly effective in repairing the extreme damage done to the country by the irresponsibility of the GW Bush years, we've climbed out of the financial crash, have achieved essentially full employment, the stock market (key to many retirement incomes) has never been higher, and the Constitution has been protected against many Republican assaults. Obama has a place in history as one of the presidential greats.

The bastard, asshole, douchebag Obama (all adjectives used by forum members on this forum in describing Trump) has performed miserably as President of our country.

1. We were climbing out of the recession before Obama even took office. He just happened to begin his term during the recovery. The recession of the mentioned "Bush Years" was a culmination of events of which many occurred before Bush was President but happened during Clinton's presidency. See here Obama Did Not End The Recession That Bush Did Not Cause

2. We are no longer technically in a recession but we are not exactly experiencing prosperity either.
Economic growth has been around 1 percent for the past three quarters, not quite a recession but not, by any stretch, robust: 0.9 percent in the fourth quarter of 2015, 0.8 percent in the first quarter of 2016, and 1.1 percent in the second quarter. The good news for Obama’s legacy is that once the recession officially ended in June 2009, the economy stayed in positive territory. The bad news is that the economy has now failed to reach reach 3 percent growth in any of the past ten years. In other words: For millions of Americans, the recession’s aftermath hasn’t been much better than the recession itself.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... cy-failure

3. Full Employment??
The Obama administration’s defenders will point out that the unemployment rate is down to 4.9 percent and has steadily declined since the spring of 2011. But that declining rate — accompanied, it must be said, by a rapid decline in workforce participation — hasn’t created a broad sense of prosperity or economic security. For the past four years, median weekly earnings have increased less than 2 percent a year after inflation. The number of Americans who are working part-time but want full-time work is around 6 million, the highest level in 30 years.

4. The Stock Market Has Never Been Higher
And it is not due to Obama. The current bull market is a direct reflection of investor confidence and anticipation of what the Trump Presidency may do to stimulate the economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/investing/dow-jones-stocks-record-high-trump/

5. Protection of the Constitution??
He has violated the Constitution probably more than any other President.

Used Executive Privilege in regards to Fast & Furious gun running scandal. When Government misconduct is the concern Executive privilege is negated.
23 Executive Orders on gun control – infringement of the 2nd Amendment
Executive Order bypassing Congress on immigration – Article 1 Section 1, ALL Legislative power held by Congress
NDAA – Section 1021. Due process Rights negated. Violation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Amendments.
Executive Order 13603 NDRP – Government can seize anything
Executive Order 13524 – Gives INTERPOL jurisdiction on American soil beyond law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.
Executive Order 13636 Infrastructure Cybersecurity – Bypassing Congress Article 1 Section 1, ALL Legislative power held by Congress
Signed into law the establishment of NO Free Speech zones – noncompliance is a felony. Violation of 1st Amendment.
Attempt to tax political contributions – 1st Amendment
DOMA Law – Obama directed DOJ to ignore the Constitution and separation of powers and not enforce the law.
Dodd-Frank – Due process and separation of powers. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau writing and interpreting law. Article. I. Section. 1
Drone strikes on American Citizens – 5th Amendment Due process Rights negated
Bypassed Congress and gave EPA power to advance Cap-n-Trade
Attempt for Graphic tobacco warnings (under appeal) – 1st Amendment
Four Exec. appointments – Senate was NOT in recess (Court has ruled unconstitutional yet the appointees still remain)
Appointing agency czars without the “advice and consent of the Senate.” Violation of Article II, Section 2
Obama took Chairmanship of UN Security Council – Violation of Section 9.
Obamacare (ACA) mandate – SCOTUS had to make it a tax because there is no Constitutional authority for Congress to force Americans to engage in commerce.
Contraceptive, abortifacients mandate violation of First Ammendment
Healthcare waivers – No president has dispensing powers
Refuses to acknowledge state’s 10th Amendment rights to nullify Obamacare
Going after states (AZ lawsuit) for upholding Federal law (immigration) -10th Amendment.
Chrysler Bailout -TARP – violated creditors rights and bankruptcy law, as well as Takings and Due Process Clauses – 5th Amendment (G.W. Bush also illegally used TARP funds for bailouts)
The Independent Payment Advisory Board (appointees by the president). Any decisions by IPAB will instantly become law starting in 2014 – Separation of Powers, Article 1 Section 1.
Congress did not approve Obama’s war in Libya. Article I, Section 8, First illegal war U.S. has engaged in. Impeachable under Article II, Section 4.
Obama falsely claims UN can usurp Congressional war powers.
Obama has acted outside the constitutional power given him – this in itself is unconstitutional.
With the approval of Obama, the NSA and the FBI are tapping directly into the servers of 9 internet companies to gain access to emails, video/audio, photos, documents, etc. This program is code named PRISM. NSA also collecting data on all phone calls in U.S. – Violation of 4th Amendment.
Plans to sign U.N. Firearms treaty – 2nd Amendment.
The Senate/Obama immigration bill (approved by both) raises revenue – Section 7. All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives;
Obama refuses to uphold the Business Mandate Law (ACA) for a year. President does not have that authority – Article. I. Section. 1. All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States. The president ”shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed” -Article II, Section 3.

https://authenticenlightenment.com/2013/08/05/a-list-of-obamas-constitutional-violations/

Conveniently you left out his biggest "accomplishments:

6. Foreign Policy
In 2008, Obama campaigned on a pledge to end the Iraq War, and his most trusted adviser, Valerie Jarrett, still lists “ended two wars” as one of his accomplishments. Sadly, ISIS, al-Qaeda and other Islamist groups haven’t ended their wars against America. Obama leaves his successor a civil war in Syria that has killed about a half-million people and flooded Europe with refugees. In Afghanistan, after 15 years of American combat, the Taliban, according to the New York Times, continues to “control or heavily influence about a half of the country.” ISIS controls large portions of Libya; the U.S. is conducting airstrikes with helicopters, and most of the public remains oblivious.

7. Obamacare
The Affordable Care Act was supposed to be this president’s signature success story, but the news in 2016 is not good on that front, either. Enrollment in the insurance exchanges for Obama’s signature health-care law is at less than half the initial forecast, and insurers are starting to recognize that even with the individual mandate, their new customers are older, sicker, and more expensive than expected. Despite all the promises about customer choice, there’s a good chance that at this time next year, a third of all American counties will have just one single insurer on their exchange, a de facto monopoly. And more and more patients are finding the Affordable Care Act isn’t that affordable. Premiums are rising this year, with “an average jump of 62 percent for the biggest plan in Tennessee and increases of around 43 percent in Mississippi and 23 percent in Kentucky for large carriers.” The median deductible in an employee-sponsored plan jumped from $1,000 in 2015 to $1,500 in 2016.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Dec 24 14:12

Thanks for an exhaustive (and exhausting) reply. It clearly took effort. I acknowledge and appreciate it.

However it will not surprise you that our interpretations of facts, and items better describable as opinion, differ.

1. It is as unfair to say that Democrats' mistakes 8 years prior caused the crash/recession, as it is to say that Republicans' get credit for repair for their few weeks before Obama took over. It was a huge task and required his entire term.

2. I'll take modest and sustained growth any time over boom and bust cowboy-cycles that punish the poor and reward the rich.

3. Conservatives always raise the "labor participation rate" to deflect from the accepted measure of employment used for a century. It's bogus. We have an aging population and a growing off-the-books economy. Yes, employment really is good, especially considering demographics etc.

4. Stock market. When a Democrat has a clear and indisputable success, conservatives will try to steal the credit. Nice try.

5. Your list of Constitutional "violations" is mostly gas baggery, mountains out of mole hills. I don't have time to go through them, sorry. You ignore Biggies like failure to hear and vote on a SCOTUS nomination, and other assaults.

6. My reviews of Obama foreign policy are good if not great. It's a tough world. But any fair minded person would have to acknowledge that Obama is head and shoulders above W. Bush who basically caused disasters that even today linger as difficult international problems.

7. Obamacare is a good step forward, has achieved some of its aims, and needs additional changes to address problems that have become clearer. The drug price giveaway to Pharma CEOs is unforgivable, and the insurance industry adds no value to American health care. But it is madness to assert that were we better off before Obamacare than after.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2016 Dec 24 22:52

Thanks for an exhaustive (and exhausting) reply. It clearly took effort. I acknowledge and appreciate it.

However it will not surprise you that our interpretations of facts, and items better describable as opinion, differ.

1. It is as unfair to say that Democrats' mistakes 8 years prior caused the crash/recession, as it is to say that Republicans' get credit for repair for their few weeks before Obama took over. It was a huge task and required his entire term.
I am not making either case. There were events that took place prior to Bush becoming as well as when he became President that caused the recession. Other contributors to the recession include: The Federal Reserve, International Investors pushing money into the U.S. as well as pulling it out, Financial Institutions who formed the Sub Prime Market, the average American who took advantage of the easy access capital and placed themselves in too much more debt than they should have, etc. It is you who has categorized the recession as the George Bush recession .

Wise One States:
The Bush/Republican recession, with an inevitable lag, caused adjustments. Duh. Serious climbing out of the recession was strongest after the report's period of coverage.

Would you not say it is unfair to categorize the recession as solely the Bush/Republican recession?

And I am not crediting Republicans for the end of the recession either. But I do state and facts do show that the economy was recovering before Obama became President and it is erroneous for you to state that is was a huge task and required his entire term. If you are going to attribute the recovery of the economy to Obama, show what policies he implemented that contributed to the recovery of the economy.

2. I'll take modest and sustained growth any time over boom and bust cowboy-cycles that punish the poor and reward the rich.
That would be great if we had modest and sustained growth during Obama's tenure. A better description would be anemic and getting worse
Obama arguably has the worst record of economic performance for any US president (certainly for any president since WWII) and is the first president in US history whose time in office didn’t include at least one year of economic growth at the 3 percent historical average. So Obama’s recent claims that "America's economy is not just better than it was eight years ago, it is the strongest, most durable economy in the world” doesn’t quite match with the lukewarm economic growth in recent years that hasn’t exceeded 2.5 percent in any year of the Obama’s term. And it’s not as if economic growth has picked up in recent quarters, it’s actually been worsening. Average real GDP growth slowed to only 1.07 percent in the first quarter of this year, following sub-par growth of 1.38 percent in Q4 last year. The average growth of 1.22 percent during those last two quarters was the slowest 2-quarter period in three years, so there’s not a lot for Obama to brag about when it comes to economic growth. In contrast, there is a lot of evidence that Obama’s failed economic policies have contributed to a period of the weakest growth in US history, which has significantly diminished economic opportunities for middle-class Americans.

From the time Obama took office, median household income in the US has not just stagnated, but has fallen by more than $1,000 in inflation-adjusted dollars through 2014

Moreover, the number of Americans living in poverty has increased by nearly 7 million during the Obama presidency, and the poverty rate went from 13.2 in 2009 percent to 14.8 percent last year.

https://www.aei.org/spotlight/the-obama-economy-perry/

3. Conservatives always raise the "labor participation rate" to deflect from the accepted measure of employment used for a century. It's bogus. We have an aging population and a growing off-the-books economy. Yes, employment really is good, especially considering demographics etc.

Benie Sanders 2016 campaign states real unemployment is over 10%

That damn radical, right-wing Conservative, Bernie Sanders, obviously disagrees with your assessment.

4. Stock market. When a Democrat has a clear and indisputable success, conservatives will try to steal the credit. Nice try.

Just stating facts and backing it up with citations. Clearly Obama is not the reason for the current rally unless you believe the rally is because his party lost.

Today, the post-election rally caused all three of the major indices to climb more than 1 percent. A major cause of the stock market rally has been the transfer of investor dollars into sectors which they believe will do best under the new administration.

http://thedailyvoicenews.com/2016/12/07/stock-market-rally-continues-dow-jones-soars-nearly-300-points-dec-7-2016/

Robert Shiller thinks the post-election rally could continue on in the short term, as enthusiasm over the election of Donald Trump spurs stocks higher.

"We believe that psychology drives the macro economy, and there's something changing our psychology," the Yale professor of economics and Nobel laureate said Thursday on CNBC's "Trading Nation."

"We have a business-oriented president who wants to cut corporate taxes, who wants to cut regulations, and who sympathizes with business," Shiller said. "Maybe it's not a good thing — it's a good thing for business, though."

"Once people start to believe that it's a new era, it could go on for a while, even if it's unfounded," since "it's about human psychology, and it's what they call self-fulfilling prophesy."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/robert-shiller-on-the-market-rally-trump-does-magic.html

5. Your list of Constitutional "violations" is mostly gas baggery, mountains out of mole hills. I don't have time to go through them, sorry. You ignore Biggies like failure to hear and vote on a SCOTUS nomination, and other assaults.

Either provide evidence that the list is incorrect or don't. But just stating they are gas baggery does not make them incorrect.

6. My reviews of Obama foreign policy are good if not great. It's a tough world. But any fair minded person would have to acknowledge that Obama is head and shoulders above W. Bush who basically caused disasters that even today linger as difficult international problems.

Than prove it or go home. ISIL became a major factor during Obama's Presidency during which he call them "junior varsity". The fiasco in Libya occurred during his administration and he and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton only screwed it up more. Afghanistan has only become worse and former allies have become belligerent toward the U.S. ie: The Phillipines and Israel. Obama leaves us in much more international danger than when Bush left.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/obamas_failed_foreign_policy.html

7. Obamacare is a good step forward, has achieved some of its aims, and needs additional changes to address problems that have become clearer. The drug price giveaway to Pharma CEOs is unforgivable, and the insurance industry adds no value to American health care. But it is madness to assert that were we better off before Obamacare than after.

Obamacare is failing and needs to be replaced. Even many of it's early proponents are admitting this.

Some ObamaCare fans, such as University of Pennsylvania's Zeke Emanuel, who served as a top White House health policy adviser during Obama's first term, are finally acknowledging there is something to worry about. "There is a problem with the risk pool," he admits. "There is a problem with the numbers of people signing up." Meanwhile, Vox's Sarah Kliff, another ObamaCare cheerleader, ran an interview with Princeton University's Uwe Reinhardt, who believes that the exchanges have entered a death spiral just like the one that unfolded in New York and New Jersey over two decades ago, when those states forced insurers to underwrite everyone regardless of health status (guaranteed issue) without any "price discrimination" (community rating). (Hilariously, Kliff calls Reinhardt's the "minority view" because, evidently, ObamaCare's critics who live outside liberal land don't count!)

http://theweek.com/articles/645004/why-obamacare-failed

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2017 May 01 22:24

People are already thinking about the next election. I'm so happy that finally we have a potential candidate in Virginia who will take on the gun nuts.

This will be an interesting race and I hope he wins.

Crux

Funny Business if NH

Postby Crux » 2017 Sep 07 20:13

Interesting reports out of New Hampshire.

Same day registration is allowed in NH....

@ 6500 folks voted with out of state ID in the 2016 election.

10 months later, @5200 have NEITHER obtained a NH driver's license/ID, NOR registered a vehicle in the state.

(@ 200+ vehicles registered and @1200 NH IDs issued to that UNIVERSE of voters)

Remember, Kelly Ayote lost by only @1100 votes.

Crux

Antinuts Unite

Postby Crux » 2017 Sep 12 20:00

Wise One wrote:People are already thinking about the next election. I'm so happy that finally we have a potential candidate in Virginia who will take on the gun nuts.

This will be an interesting race and I hope he wins.

A gut punch, that day. Allison was a beautiful light. Allison, and her fella, and some of their families own guns, enjoyed the shooting sports, as is revealed in this news piece. All of us stand ready to "take on the gun nuts". That is the concept behind the defensive use of arms. That is WHY free men and free women uphold their natural right of self defense and the defense of the innocent. We who are vigilant, those of us who choose to stand up to human evil, where the rubber meets the road, in our daily walk, stand against "the gun nuts", the "knife nuts", the "car nuts", and all "nuts"...

Thanks AO

Crux

Postby Crux » 2018 Jan 08 16:16

Cannoneer wrote:Cliven Bundy, just a guy who thought his rights were being violated...

They were, and he is FREE. http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/bundy ... -released/

Crux

Time to belly up to the bar....

Postby Crux » 2018 Oct 18 08:26

....or get your butt to the polls!

Elizabeth Warren is doing her part to clarify the political landscape, with 3 weeks to go. She has her eye on the vote of many here, in 2020.

She was goaded into actually doing DNA TESTING to try to verify her Indian Heritage and the genetic muscle for those "high cheek bones"!

What did we find out? Well, she is perhaps between 1.6 and .009% "Native". That is to say she might just be, 1/1024th "Indigenous". :thumbup:

Indigenous WHAT you ask? Well, not Cherokee, or Deleware. No, the STANFORD expert had to use "Peruvian, Colombian and Mexican DNA"...

See there isn't enough Native American/Cherokee/Delaware DNA to do the study, apparently. We now know where she got those cheekbones!

GUESS WHAT! We also know that Warren is much more verifyably 1/32 TENNESSEE MILITIA, through her great-great-great grandfather. WHO?

Jonathon Crawford, who was actually on the "trail of tears" with the militia, guarding and guiding the captives to their captivity, or death...

WELL, THAT CLEARS THAT UP.

So back to the 2018 midterms: Blue wave or Red trickle? I say Red Wave, Red October, blue trickle. Seriously, the GOP will likely pic up 4 seats, maybe 3 or 5 in the Senate, and in the House, the GOP just might keep control. Nate Silver at the 538 blog gives it a 25% chance. I will take that, as he had Hillary winning by 99% with 3 weeks to go.

VOTE RED AND VOTE AMERICANISM/CAPITALISM not pukey globalism/socialism. Cheers.
:tiphat: