Your Election May Last more than 4 Hours

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: Your Election May Last more than 4 Hours

Postby Wise One » 2016 Aug 01 12:40

Well Fangz, we are bubbling over with mutual respect.

Yes, I'm less credulous than you may be that conspiracies and malevolence are equally distributed. To me there is a distinguishable difference between Trump and Clinton, an enormous one that tilts me toward her despite her faults. I acknowledge those faults, if not all that you might identify. That's why my preferred presidential candidates, in order, were 1) Elizabeth Warren, 2) Bernie Sanders.

But it is now clear that either Trump or Clinton will win the presidency. Period. I will do everything I can to block Trump.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

EH

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 04 20:36

Wise One wrote:Well, I don't know about this
Fangz wrote:Donald Trump is being presented as a lunatic, a fascist. He is certainly odious; but he is also a media hate figure. That alone should arouse our scepticism...

but I have clear personal views about Donald Trump. He is all of the above, lunatic, fascist, odious, and hateful. He is also a bigot and a bold cheat...

It is odd. The Democratic Party is far and above pursuing a "fascist" aim: private ownership/government control. Trump? Not so much.

Lunatic? According to the definition here, Trump is not one. Eccentric? Arrogant? Sure.

Hateful? I don't see him as "hateful". Bombastic yes.

Bigot and bold cheat?

Here it is easy to ascribe these labels to some Democratic Heavyweights, including Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2016 Aug 08 00:04

I am confused.

donhill.jpg
donhill.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 4881 times

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2016 Aug 08 14:49

Andy Borowitz wrote:Whether or not Trump should be entrusted with our nuclear codes misses the point. I would not trust him with my Netflix password.

Crux

Look

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 13 08:37

First of all my little brother has been confused for a long time.

Secondly, when it comes to trust, Hillary has PROVED unworthy.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Aug 18 09:27

While the world has been distracted by the bloviating Trumpster..........this happened. This is quite disturbing given the push by Obama to ramrod the TPP through the upcoming lame duck session of Congress and Hillary's choice of Ken Salazar for her transition team. There seems to be no genuine concern for the planet and our natural resources on either side. Blood for oil! Fracking for everybody! Tar sands! This country (and her myopic voters) are in the middle of a royal s!@# storm and most don't give a damn.........and will continue to vote against their own best interest, the best interest of future generations and the planet.

Water will be the new Oil

:angry4:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Trumpster

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 18 11:40

The rate of business closure is GREATER than the rate of business formation. That is the fruit of OVER REGULATION by Democrats.
Obama, the ACA, and the 2 trillion in new regulatory burden is taking it's toll. The Trumpster is decidedly against the TPP.

Trump has built amazing projects. He has employed,tens of thousands. He has succeeded, failed and succeeded to even greater extents.

To whom much is given much is expected. As well, you can judge him by his fruits. His children are amazing. His success is amazing.
Is he a self promoter? Isn't Hillary and Kaine and Obama and Biden? Do they "bloviate"? Of course. Trump offers UNIQUE and capable
EXECUTIVE leadership. Hillary is a disaster.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Aug 19 07:17

Never said that Hillary wasn't a disaster. She and Trump are 2 peas in a pod.

And Crux, if you have been keeping up, I'm voting 3rd party. Neither of these disastrous candidates have done a dman thing to earn my vote.

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 19 10:01

fangz1956 wrote:Never said that Hillary wasn't a disaster. She and Trump are 2 peas in a pod.

And Crux, if you have been keeping up, I'm voting 3rd party. Neither of these disastrous candidates have done a dman thing to earn my vote.

No I got you. I think Jill is right up your alley. I disagree with the two peas in a pod thing. Very different records, lives lived, and philosophies. Trump has built buildings in NYC and around the world. His accomplishments in the private sector are impressive. He is a brilliant guy. The differences in terms of issues are stark.

Cannoneer

ELECTION 2016

Postby Cannoneer » 2016 Aug 29 01:54

It appears for the upcoming election we have two clear choices.

Choice #1
We can vote for a man who claimed he would do things that many people would like to see accomplished. The problem with him is he doesn't seem to be able to stay on track and keeps changing his position on his previous statements. However all indications are that he really wants America to become the great nation it was when the government paid attention to the constitution,protected its interests at home and abroad, and backed its friends and dealt with its enemies.

Choice #2
We can vote for a woman who has shown she has no regard for the truth, no regard for our national security, no regard for our diplomats and no regard for the people in the military who defend those diplomats.
When questioned about the deaths in Bengasi she replied, "At this point, what difference does it make"?

To my thinking, the choice is clear.
Last edited by Cannoneer on 2016 Aug 29 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

Crux

Choices

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 29 08:19

Trump Tower Chicago.jpg

cabrini-green-chicago.jpg
cabrini-green-chicago.jpg (142.52 KiB) Viewed 4736 times

Crux

Proven Idiotic

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 14 08:16

Coondog wrote:The point was.........hardly anybody remembers how little attention was afforded to Bush's intentional e-mail subterfuge, if the incident registers at all.

Republicans will hound Clinton, like the dogs they are, over Benghazi (nothing there) to e-mail servers (nothing there either) until it ends up where all of the spurious republican investigations lead......under Bill's desk.

Hillary may have lost some of her Pizzaz over the years, as have we all, but she's experienced, capable and, most importantly, not a republican. Little else matters.

Coondog :beer:

:hammer:

Wise One

Re: Trumpster

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 15 10:08

Crux wrote:The rate of business closure is GREATER than the rate of business formation.

Prove it, show reliable statistics not unsupported right wing rant.

Openings and closings fluctuate. For example during the Bush-caused crash there were many more closings than openings. I'm betting that actual numbers show that Obama has turned that around.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 15 10:12

Crux wrote:His accomplishments in the private sector are impressive. He is a brilliant guy.

Trump is an asshole, a technical term chosen carefully as the most appropriate one.

I have spent time with him personally, our families have interacted, and I have seen him operate at work and play. He is totally disgusting.

I would trust him with nothing.

Crux

whatever

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 15 12:17

Wise One wrote:
Crux wrote:His accomplishments in the private sector are impressive. He is a brilliant guy.

Trump is an asshole, a technical term chosen carefully as the most appropriate one.

I have spent time with him personally, our families have interacted, and I have seen him operate at work and play. He is totally disgusting.

I would trust him with nothing.

As I said and you did not refute: "His accomplishments in the private sector are impressive. He is a brilliant guy."

Trump has a 40 year career that is filled with amazing accomplishments. He has PROVEN talent, intelligence and will win BIG.

To your point, I am not surprised you don't like the Trumpster. Your bigotry clouds your thinking so LOUDLY, I am not surprised.
As well your own pension for self aggrandizement, is likely ego smacked by being around Trump. Even THINKING about Trump.

It is not difficult to find MANY MANY folks who have worked with Don, or have worked WITH the Don who clearly like and am impressed
by his approachable way, kindness, and hard work ethic. Just vote for Hillary's brain in a jar, or like Bill Maher, vote for her dead body...

Crux

Re: Interesting Poll

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 15 12:43

Crux wrote:https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/758855786806190080

50%Donald Trump -Republican
22%Hillary Clinton -Dems
12%Gary Johnson -Libertarian
16%Jill Stein -Greens

This is a Twitter/Wikileaks poll of over 117,000.

We already know Independents will break for Trump.

He is garnering marked support of far more blacks, Hispanics, Democrats, women, gays. and Bernie voters that the media cares to acknowledge.

Hold onto your hats, because the MO could swing big for Trump come election time.

Hillary is a disaster, and a lot of folks on the Left, and in the Center KNOW IT... :sail:

I know. I know. The truth will out...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Sep 19 09:06

Bizarre Get Out the Vote Strategy

Still voting 3rd party and no amount of intimidation by people to chicken to vote anything other than R or D will not sway my convictions. Time to end the duopoly that is strangling this country.......now, not 4 years from now.

Crux

TRUMP is YUUGE

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 19 10:29

"We got to get tough, and smart and vigilant..." says Trump after the bomb went off in NYC.

Hillary is a PUTZ, a crony crone, and a dangerous dishonest liar.

The next President will not be Stein or Johnson. They are both UNDERWHELMING. YES, I have listened to them both.
Jill is a nice hippy Doctor who would NOT be a good President. Johnson is a schmuck TPP advocate ninny plant...

He is NO libertarian, and the soothing balm of THC and abortion in all circumstances is not a DEEP WELL of Liberty.

Crux

*****FLASH*****

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 23 08:39

Multiple High Level Sources indicate that if Hillary fails to show up at the 1st presidential debate,
Democrats will force her to drop out of the race. Hillary is a sick sick dying HACK. BELIEVE IT....

Democrats have been holding special meetings to find a possible replacement if Clinton is not well enough to continue her campaign.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The DNC/Media/Soros/Corporatist/Clinton Construct is corrupt
and has RIGGED THIS ELECTION/SELECTION! Democrats REBEL!

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 23 21:39

Sounds like crapola you might find on Breitbart or Alex Jones or Hannity. Give us a credible reference.

What's the basis for what sounds exactly like more Republican lies?