NINTY NINE PERCENT

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: NINTY NINE PERCENT

Postby Wise One » 2012 Mar 09 10:02

You truly make no sense. Seriously, you'd be doing yourself a favor by going back to school and learning something about the financial matters you bleat so stridently about in a knowledge vacuum.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Like I said, pathetic.

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 09 14:16

Nothing I have said is inaccurate. It is all there for one to suss out for themselves. :sleepy:
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Mar 14 17:45

Alas, it seems to be even worse than we feared.

:coffee:

Crux

Conspicuous Consumption

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 20 08:02

The gaudy. The glitz... I don't begrudge anyone a Cadillac, or a Rolls say.

I am a bit weary of the Obama's unbecoming consumption. This week, despite State Department travel warnings, we see the daughter of BO in Mexico, dragging along 25 secret service agents.

Pathetic. This November we have an opportunity, and more than enough will take it... :geek:
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Buck Turgidson

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2012 Mar 20 10:01

Rabid "conservatives" will not rest until Barack, Michelle, Malia, and Sasha Obama are stripped of Secret Service protection and are shot dead.

Enough. We need to stand up to haters on the right. They have gotten away with it far too long and are ruining the country.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Mar 20 13:52

This, Buck. is the sort of nonsense that preoccupies the conservative mind.

We should be grateful to crux for providing the kind of insight into right wing thought processes you and I are otherwise deprived of by way of the main stream liberal elite media. You gotta go deep, deep Red State blog to find concerns this trivial, disingenuous and outright stupid.......and that sort of exploration might well implode the brains of someone who hasen't built up sufficient immunity to such tripe.

I consider crux a laison, of sorts, between the real world and the world of phantom economics, phantom religion, phantom issues and the phantom Obama the right wing have invented for themseles as an object of hatred and distain. Who, if not crux, could so eloquently illuminate poor dumb progressives such as we as to the intricacies of theolotics founded on a combination of belief systems derrived from the melding of ancient Hebrew folk lore and a Carl Roveian style compulsion for mischief?

Coondog :laughing:

It's a wonder all these conservatives havent gone crosseyed! :upset:

Crux

Too funny.

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 21 08:19

BO's 13 year old daughter went on a school trip with 12 friends to Mexico, in spite of travel warnings issued by the State Department. The security entailed was significant. The story is being quashed on the net, by many accounts. This is a costly trip in tax dollars and is quite conspicuous. Dad might have said, "Honey, this trip will be a costly eyesore to the American People, and is imprudent. I am sorry but not this trip, not at this time."

Buck's extraordinary assertion aside, well, actually. Buck. You are a jerk. No one in their right mind wishes the Obama family harm. Get a grip man! Put down that Hopium pipe dream! What kind of a toad are you? Now, if you are not dismayed at the piggish feeding at the public trough by this First Family, I can't help you.

Too many see this Conspicuous Consumption for what it is.
POOR FORM. :nono:

In November there will be millions who voted for BO, who will vote against him, for a great many reasons, chiefly, incompetence... To see yet another extravagant expenditure of money in these times, or ANY TIMES, is really just a story to take note of, whether reported in the Huffpo, or the Washpo. You don't NEED redstate for this one, hope-heads.

:geek: ...progressives... Sad really.

Buck Turgidson

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2012 Mar 21 10:03

Is this what Congress did?

1. Because of an exceptional United States security interest in protecting our Head of State, we hereby enact this law providing:
  2. Secret Service protection for the president's family at all times while he is in office
  3. A budget for official expenses which include transportation and security for vacations for the family
  4. But don't actually use it, nigger. We had no problem with George W. Bush but we got a big problem with you.
I submit that 4. above was omitted from the law enacted by Congress, and that "conservatives" should shut their traps.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Mar 21 13:38

Well......

I did a little research on this myself. Yep, its a School Trip.

According to ABC News (yes...I cite sources) Oaxaca is NOT on the State Department warning list. Or, at least it wasn't until stupid douche bags like Santorum (google it) advertised the visit. Typically, much is made over little at the expense and safety of innocent people so the worst people on earth can score political points with the dumbest people on earth.

And...I seriously doubt that Rick Santorum (google it again....its too funny) is privy to information as to how many secret service agents Malia Obama has in her estort. How many does Rick have? Now.....there's a waste of taxpayer money! Malia will probably require more Secret Service protection now that potential kidnappers from the drug cartels have been alerted to her whereabouts and Santorum will probably need more to shelter him from gay Puerto Rican photographers.

Everytime I think the right wing can't go any lower, they prove me wrong, again.

Coondog :shakeh:

They'd prefer Obama fly her to friggin' Guam?

Crux

Just a humble "school trip"...

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 21 15:48

Hardly. 12 girls, vacationing on spring break as it was reported, in Mexico, for a week, a country which Americans have been given travel warnings by the State Department, security provided by Secret Service and Marines... No worries.

If you think there is no there there, and are not dismayed, so be it.

It is not a big story in the scheme of things, but it is a telling and awkward visual to many. Be not troubled.

Vote for more in November and take another toke dudes... I am not buying it.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Mar 21 16:18

crux :hair: said:
It is not a big story in the scheme of things, but it is a telling and awkward visual to many...

Telling and awkward to WHO?

The truth is, while crux :hair: would likely not admit it (or maybe he gleefully would), that there is so much hate and so many right wing, gun-totin racist morons loose in this country that Mexico probably seems safe by comparison.

I reiterate my point about threatening the safety of children to belabor a chickens#!t point. Republicans have no shame!

Coondog :nono:

However, I must also reinterate my appreciation to crux :hair: for the continuing insight into the inner workings of the conservative mind set.

Crux

-fictional Obamas

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 21 21:30

"Daddy, can I go to Mexico with a dozen girl friends from school to Oaxaca to look at Mayan ruins and stuff?"

"Malia honey, I really don't think it wise."

"Awwww, why Dad?"

"Well look, let's be honest, although we have the means, I really want you to be thankful and understanding of who you are. I know I am just Dad to you but I have to be wise to how this looks. It would be very expensive to protect you, not to mention all 12 of your friends there, given our own State Department has issued a travel warning because of the gross narco trafficking violence."

"But Daddy, it can't be worse than here, with all the right wing gun toting racists here. Besides, it's in Oaxaca..."

"Honey don't talk like that. First of all it's not true. Violence there is worse. The fact is that there really just isn't that many violent right wingers here as well. In fact, the violence perpetuated by say, Democrat constituents like the Occupiers is much more marked and demonstrable. Ads well, the warning is for Mexico, and the lack of specifics on Oaxaca doesn't detract from the warning. Oaxaca is included and I could go on and on about the violence in ALL of Mexico"

"But I should just be allowed to be a kid."

"Now don't be obtuse. You are NOT just any kid. You have all kinds of perks and opportunities being the daughter of a President, a wealthy President I might add. Your time will come. Besides, I have to be sensitive to the way this looks. Take your school. This isn't any old "school trip". you go to a very privileged, moneyed, private school. You and your friends are the very scion of the wealthiest 1% of all Americans. I don't wish to have you inuring the wrathful criticism your mother earns by HER extravagance. I really do not wish to appear any more hypocritical than I already do. These are tough times. Look at all the kids and families that couldn't EVER have the opportunity to take such a trip, and think about appearances at the very least, and truly at how this would look..."

"Dad, you don't believe all that rich versus poor stuff and you know it. Just because you have to appear the populist class warrior and stuff doesn't mean I have to suffer."

"Honey, you are right, but power and useful idiots like the 99% foot stooges are important considerations."

You guys are foolish. OK, that last back and forth might have been factual. :cool:

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Mar 22 07:25

Crux is a very fine illustration of why this country is failing..........continued diversion and deflection from the real issues in order to focus on the petty things. No wonder Congress (and Richmond) waste time and tax dollars and get ZERO done...they are busy trying to hide "the man behind the curtain."

Crux.......didn't your Mama ever teach you this: "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :grin:

“Draw strength from the knowledge that education will break the backs of poverty, disenfranchisement, and violence; that war is never inevitable but only a terrible failure of the imagination; and that love is stronger than hatred. ”

Wally Lamb (born 1950);author
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

-fictional Obamas redux

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 22 07:42

"Dad, this is such a small issue. I mean really, it's not my fault I have to be protected 24/7 by Secret Service."

"Malia this is true, and you are right. Look, you can go, and there will be many who will clamor about the visuals and costs.
I suppose we will have enough defenders and useful idiots who will decry the outrage as petty. I can see it clearly."

"YES!! Thanks Daddy!"

"No problems puddin'. Besides it will distract from the mess I am creating. This Transform America stuff is really hard work! Too many folks are seeing reality. My proposed budgets have flopped even with Democrats. I don't think folks believe I want lower gas prices. The fools are harder to fool this time around. All the debt I've stacked up makes W look like a Piker I'm afraid... I guess I set myself up with all that Spread the wealth around talk... Maybe Santorum will get the nomination and I'll have a shot at re-election... Either way, the Obama Legacy is insured for the next 7 generations..."

"You're the Bomb Dad..."

"We'll keep the trip quiet, and barring a major coincidental EARTHQUAKE, no one will be the wiser..."

:evil: ...he's so BAD...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Mar 23 11:47

Dear Crux :hair:

As you may already know, I value your snarkiness and appreciate the satisfaction you must get from baiting others into discussions over pure goat tripe. It has helped me to understand why, for example, republicans seek to enact legislation banning Sharia Law. It's too liberal of a concept for them to tolerate!

Mind you, I'm ever ready to participate in the discussion of whatever hair-brained issue you care to conjure up.....but this one has gone on long enough.

Coondog :surrend:

There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion.
Acton, Lord

Crux

The Progressive love of Islam?

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 23 13:11

coondog wrote:Sharia Law. It's too liberal of a concept for them (republicans) to tolerate!

I am sure I have NO idea what you mean by this...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Mar 23 17:20

Then allow me to explain what Coondog appears to be driving at.

Compared to our local species of "Taliban" (your sort of home-grown narrow minded doctrinaire extremist), foreign Muslim extremists devoted to Sharia law look like a tame threat, liberal in relative terms if not absolute terms.

Crux

Poppycock

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 25 18:51

Moral Equivalency is shallow intellectual honesty. It is too often a safe place to hide from the truth of things.
To label the "right" terrorists, Taliban, or equate their ethic to Sharia is really just Poppycock.

Folks on the right when they seek to de-fund Planned Parenthood, or keep the term Marriage a reference to a Husband and Wife Union, is really something quite different, your inflated rhetoric, hyperbolic language and demon-ization aside...

:geek:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2012 Mar 26 11:01

The fundamental argument in this country is over the appropriate role of the federal government. This is a legitimate debate and I don't fault anyone who takes a rational stance when it comes to a limited or expanded role. Given the current political climate, I suspect this debate will continue for a long, long time.

I do not, however, have much appreciation for the pick & choose method. Republicans would advocate limited government while advocating the most intrusive governmental initiatives imaginable. Actions are shown to be diametrically opposed to stated policy. I blame this on the insistance on injecting religious moral interpretations to the exclusion of alternative viewpoints and beliefs.

Can't say I have much use for the notion of running the government like a business, either. They're not the same in either form or function. While there may be universal applications, particularly from an economic perspective, were the two overlap, government has to deal with a lot of things a typical business model does not. Two of these aspects are people and infrastructure. Business relies on the government in these regards without either responsibility or accountability.

Because government can neither be run like a business nor like a religion, I have no use for the republican agenda which appears to embrace lop-sided capitalism favorable to non-human entities and morality founded on interpretative neo-translation of primal superstitions.

All the rest of this stuff is pure demogogery. Yet, if that's all one understands, I suppose that's the quagmire where the debate will be doomed to perpetually flounder. Pity, really! Thousands of years of civilization, reason & logic, technological advances and evolution of the humanities......down the drain!

:hail: Coondog

Why don't we first try running corporations on applied religious based moral principles and see how that works out?

Crux

Gobbledy Goop

Postby Crux » 2012 Mar 26 11:49

You managed to say nothing, in SO many words. Thousands of years of the best and most enlightened thought has given us the Occupy Crowd. There's a scarey and ill informed group. I could go on and on, but the 99% speak for themselves, crapping all over the moral high ground they seek...

I have you down as "no comment" on the odd statement about Sharia Law being liberal...yadayada... :geek:

Return to “MAIN FORUM”