LBGTQ

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Amy Probenski

Re: Gay/ Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Jul 26 09:01

Parker, so sorry my attempt at humor misfired with you. Maybe I'm not as funny as I think I am but then hardly anybody is.

I'd started a completely new thread for my message and was surprised to see it mashed up with the one you started. I think the administrator does that to minimize the number of topics people must follow. Please don't take offense. I'm doing the best I can and think of this issue as more a human one than a political one. Gays span the political spectrum as broadly as straights.

:dontknow:

ParkerLongbaugh

Postby ParkerLongbaugh » 2011 Jul 26 13:29

Fair enough, no problem

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Jul 26 14:25

I feel like you do Parker, this political stuff is getting to be too much. I tried to comment on the environmental thread but there wasn't much response. As I get older I find that life is too short to remain agitated over what is going on and I admit I have been hooked into some of this political debate. My wife gets plumb aggravated with me and tells me to get off this forum. I would like to see a thread on computers. I have been trying to learn and my sons try to help when they visit but it always seems like a losing battle. They give out too much information for an old man to take in. Think I need to get me some hearing aids. So maybe some of us can band together and start some interesting threads that don't require sides. I wish there were more older people here too. At least we all are in the same boat. Such as when we get out of a car we got to stand there for a little whileto make sure all body parts are going to move and then move the way they are supposed to.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

whatever

Postby whatever » 2011 Sep 29 21:55

look at it this way...at least we don't add to the "over population" problem!! i don't agree with marriage of either st8 or gay. both have very high "divorce" rates....should be harder/costlier to marry than to divorce. :violent1:

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Oct 03 07:11

Well then Folks I guess the next step is polygamy then pederasty (man-boy) Wondering where this all will take us in the future.

Record Searchlight, Staff Reports, Thursday, July 10, 2008
Same-sex marriage's effects are everyone's business

Same-sex marriage is being presented as a civil right, the equivalent of interracial marriage, the denial of which is unloving and cruel, and the practice of which is harmlessly none of anyone else’s business. These arguments are as flawed as the cry of discrimination is emotional blackmail.

Same-sex union is not a rights issue, as marriage is not a right but something with requirements — I cannot marry my son, my favorite five nephews and nieces, nor my favorite pet, at least not yet. Government recognizes marriage not due to rights of coupling or presence of equivalent feelings, but because heterosexual marriage is what Canada’s Dr. John Patrick calls a specialized and vital instrument of general welfare. Whatever its shortfalls, heterosexual marriage is the best environment in which to produce and raise children, a union and sacrifice that improves both sexes through the complementary things the one brings to the others, and is therefore in the public interest doing what government cannot, namely bedrock a civilization.

The comparison to interracial marriage is a red herring deeply resented by said racial communities. Marriage between man and woman — interracial or not — extends life, improves health and helps society. Same-sex marriage makes men more promiscuous and women more dependent, shortens life through practices rarely divulged in the argument together with higher rates of mental health issues, and has proven to harm society by separating in the public conscience the concepts of matrimony and procreation.

Parents with same-sex attracted sons and daughters are right to love them but shouldn’t confuse compassion with enabling of harmful behaviors and unions. It is true that God makes no junk, but beware the implied blame shifting, as God doesn’t make one gay. Human sexuality is not inborn, but multifactorial and changeable at any stage of life, something race is not.

Marriage is not part of gay ideology. Were it otherwise, any district in San Francisco could have generated the 2,000 same-sex couples who “wed” in 2004, yet it took 40 states and 8 countries to produce the numbers. It was a political parade to make marriage appear the gay norm it will never be.

Private behavior that causes public harm is everyone’s business. The admonition to keep one’s nose out of the bedroom of others might have succeeded had it not been a ruse from the start. The demand has since morphed into a chimera of coercion, insisting that the public celebrate every whim and subsidize any consequence of people with same-sex attractions as though all behavior and outcomes were equal. That’s the failure of moral equivalency arguments; things are rarely equivalent.

Dr. Patrick summarizes marriage well — heterosexual union plus love plus lifelong fidelity.

Andre Van Mol lives in Redding.
Scripps Lighthouse
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Crux

That's so OLD TESTAMENT....

Postby Crux » 2011 Oct 11 21:06

Amy why is there such JOY, just JOY in ripping Christians? This is so PROGRESSIVE of you. It just never gets old.

The HATRED. Where is your center, your balance. Put your Zen mind space on and don't be so troubled child.
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Oct 12 06:22

Well Crux, I gotta figure this Amy gal must not have enough joy in her life or else she wouldn't be into this negative stuff on Christians. Now my wife believes she may have had a traumatic event in her childhood which has made her so angry with Christians. However you slice the loaf she sure is one angry woman. It appears that you may know her? Now that would be strange.
"extremists

Crux

Too Funny.

Postby Crux » 2011 Oct 12 09:18

Sorry. I really do not need to know her to know where she is coming from. She might have had a trauma, or more simply she is projecting her bigotry on ALL Christians. I mean gah-LEE. It gets old. Most Christians are not all up in folks faces and business. Christians tend to be content to do things their own way and let other folks be. Sure there are those raised in a Christian home, who do not follow the Faith of their Fathers... GET OVER IT. Christians are allowed to have a problem with things like gay sex, and abortion. Cripes. One doesn't have to be a CHRISTIAN to have a problem with either of those two things...

It all gets sorted out in the Political Laundry.

crux...
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Oct 12 12:08

I can't believe I did it, knowing full well I would regret it, but I poked through the filter to read crux just this once. Sam and crux, you wear religion on your sleeves but your whining only proves you are clueless about your own religion.

Nothing in my posting attacked Christians. The humorous image on the biblical marriage had only old testament references, pre-dating the birth of Christ.

Go to school, read some books, travel, learn a language, do something besides Fox TV and Rush Limbaugh so that you become acquainted with reality. Rise above your present status as boxed-in propaganda sponges and try to appreciate the wonders of our complex and beautiful world.

Crux

Agnostic Here

Postby Crux » 2012 May 12 18:47

I have said that I and even many gay folks do not wish to assail the word Marriage, and it's man woman natural historical cultural roots meaning and significance...

In the New Testament:

Referring to Sodom and Gomorrah, Jude, Romans, 2 Peter, Mathew and Luke.

"...when women and men exchange the natural for the unnatural..." (para) Romans 1:26 and 27

Amy you are WRONG.
In so many ways.
(what kind of vehicle do you drive, and have you succeeded in life given your minority/victim status?) :dontknow:

crux...often assailed...oftener right on the money baby! :geek:

Seriously, I really do not care if folks are GAY, by birth or choice. I do care about other stuff though. Like not cramming and confusing the tender youth with LGBT shtick. I also have no problem with civil unions for gays granting them all the bennies of Marriage, without fouling the M word.

On the foe filter thing, I'm calling BS. Every one here who has SAID they have used the foe filter on me, whether you have and when you have not, is full of IT. Arrogance and Elitism. I am a common man.

My views are neither RADICAL or UN-american.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2012 Jun 13 14:53

This evolution among African Americans is interesting.
Many were as close-minded and prejudiced as their counterparts of European ancestry but the President's leadership, if late, may move African-Americans toward tolerance on this issue.

Sam

Postby Sam » 2012 Jun 14 07:20

Now if the left would be more tolerant that would be good.
"extremists

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2012 Oct 20 08:45

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Apr 27 16:51

OK, this is closest forum to fit this article........although it could rightfully be added to others. As usual, Glenn Greenwald is thought-provoking in his take on the actions of the SF Gay Pride board. Yep....further proof that this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Bradley Manning & the SF Gay Pride Parade

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Jun 12 09:36

Yes, Greenwald has an impact, latest example being the Edward J. Snowden NSA disclosures.

Here's an interesting video that brings down to the personal level how DOMA deprives persons of rights they would otherwise have. There is some promise, but absolutely no certainty with this particular skewed Supreme Court, that DOMA will be struck down as unconstitutional.

Crux

Coming to a gay pride parade near you...

Postby Crux » 2013 Jun 12 11:03

SO EDWARD SNOWDEN IS GAY? HIS HOTTIE GIRLFRIEND WAS JUST A COVER? HE IS OUT OF THE CLOSET?

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Oct 21 11:09

To me, it was never a question of IF, only WHEN.

One by one the last discriminatory barriers, even among bigoted Republicans, are melting away. Within a short time they will all be saying, just as they said after legal segregation of the races fell, "Oh, I was always in favor of equality under the law. It was others, not me, who opposed it."
Christie Drops Appeal of Ruling to Allow Gay Marriage
The decision by Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, a reversal from his long-held position that the question should be decided by voters, effectively removes the last hurdle to making same-sex marriage legal in the state.

The evolution of this issue shows how important leadership is. The question hung in the balance up to the point that Obama reversed his public position and declared in favor of rights for same-sex couples. That was the big domino that started the rest of the dominoes falling.

Crux

So Obama is a big Domino

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 21 11:39

Black, with white spots?

I am not following you Amy...

Obama, in all seriousness, is the first gay president, if Clinton was the first black. Maybe Hillary can be the first Man President or something. Then Ted Cruz can be the first White President.

Confusing, No?

:hum:

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Dec 19 17:49

George Takai wrote:Oh happy day! New Mexico makes 17! In a UNANIMOUS state Supreme Court ruling this afternoon, the justices wrote:

“Prohibiting same-gender marriages is not substantially related to the governmental interests advanced by the parties opposing same-gender marriage....[B]arring individuals from marrying and depriving them of the rights, protections, and responsibilities of civil marriage solely because of their sexual orientation violates the Equal Protection Clause under Article II, Section 18 of the New Mexico Constitution. We hold that the State of New Mexico is constitutionally required to allow same-gender couples to marry and must extend to them the rights, protections, and responsibilities that derive from civil marriage under New Mexico law.”

The inevitable becomes the actual, state by state and day by day. It's long overdue. Bigots are running out of both public support and legal roadblocks.

Can Virginia be far behind? What will it take to nudge us over the line?

:pompom:

NoAbsoluteRules

Postby NoAbsoluteRules » 2013 Dec 20 06:57

Amy Probenski wrote:... Can Virginia be far behind? What will it take to nudge us over the line?

When my wife and I register to vote in our new state? :toothy: