LBGTQ

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Prejudice & Proposition 8

Postby Wise One » 2008 Nov 16 18:29

Third grade? You must be kidding. I may never get there. Kindergarten is more my speed.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Uji
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Uji » 2008 Nov 19 18:40

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2008 Nov 21 11:28

Hey! Take it easy on Frank.....he's from California!

Let me begin by saying that I've read the Bible......even all the begats, and I can tell you that reading the Bible, even on the level of a kindergartner, is not remotely close to understanding it. Maybe, as said diety is unfathomably complex, we have not the capacity to understand it. As it is a work authored by a perfect diety, perhaps the inability of mere mortals to reach a concensus as to it's contents resides in our inherent nature as hedonistic, egocentric busybodies.

Ah, but many will suggest that there exist no inconsistencies and that the meaning of every word is crystal clear to those of scholarly superiority in the interpretation theological lore. One may, therefore, profess a lack of authority to judge.....then proceed to judge with impunity.

Coondog :violent5:

So....are we redeemed or condemned? And.........where did Cain's wife come from?

PostScript: If it's a matter of rights, then it's constitutional. If it's right or wrong, then it's morality. If it's a matter of Marriage vs Civil Union, then it's semantics. So let's consider semantics. Biblically speaking, Adam got to name all the stuff. He found an apple and he found an orange. He recognized that they were both of the nature of fruit, round, grew on trees and were good to eat. He was not one to descriminate on the basis of color. But, he did not name the orange,
'apple'. Otherwise, Eve might have put cider in his screwdriver instead of orange juice. Yuck!

There is functional utility, harmony and rationality in the ability to differentiate between one circumstance and another. Thus, in deference to Frank and in the interest of both semantics and Adam's 5:00 p.m. libations, there is no reason we can't have different names for different fruits.....both of which may equally satisfy the daily requirement of vitimin C.

Frank Strickler

Postby Frank Strickler » 2008 Nov 22 16:27

Is it normal on this forum to insult people?

"Wise One" implies that he alone does research, UJI implies That I don't know exactly what I believe and Coondog implies that people from California should be sheltered.

In reply to UJI's post on bible verses, Please Note.

In Exodus chapter 21, and Deuteronomy chapter 21 God is not encouraging polymagy, meerly dealing with some new rules for an existing practice.
Although polygamy is not legal in Isreal today, it is still being practiced in many of the Islamic countries.
Read and study for yourself if you're a seeker of truth and not just a spreader of half truths.

In the book of Hosea, God was using the life experiences of the prophet to demonstrate to Israel that they were playing the harlot with Him. He is not encouraging adultry.

1st. Samuel chapter 18 is not God condoning buying and selling wives. It is telling of a plot by King Saul to get David killed. Saul was willing to use one of his own daughters in his plot.

Deuteronomy 22: 13 through the end of the chapter not only does not condone divorce, it even deals with reasons why in some circumstances divorce will not be allowed. You should read the whole chapter before making a judgement.

As for Deuteronomy chapter 24, Jesus Himself deals with that much better than I ever could in Mathew, chapter 19.

In 1st. Corinthians, chapter 7, verses 1 through 11 Paul is explaining the principals of Marrage. In verse 12 Paul states that the rest is from him and not from the Lord.

Maybe you should become better informed before becomming a critic.

Frank Strickler

resigned

Lack of tolerance

Postby resigned » 2008 Nov 23 09:15

Frank, good posting. It seems that most folks here on the forum say they are tolerant of almost everyone, but they are not tolerant of Christians. Many have negative views of Christians and as youand I know there are many good Christians in the world who quietly go around doing Christ's work. Yes there are some who give Christians a bad name but that occurs in all areas of life.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2008 Nov 23 20:36

It's not intolerance....its more a plethra of individual perspectives occasionally at odds. It's hard, sometimes, even to agree with someone without salting some wound or another.

But, to address the topic....loosely, advancement of civilization relies on the ever increasing complexity of language. If we refer to all plastic food wraps as Cling Wrap, we have no way to distinguish the superior quality of Sam's Premium wrap from, say, Glad Wrap.

Similarly, can we not remain tollerant of, if not indifferent to, same sex relationships by refering to them as something other than that which defines the more typical male-female arrangement? Instead of marriage....we could just call it Epoxy.

Coondog :joker: Another problem solved.

I don't know if Californians need to be sheltered, but I do know they need inflammable shrubbery!

Frank Strickler

Postby Frank Strickler » 2008 Nov 23 20:49

Well Coondog,
Only the Californians stupid enough to live in high risk fire areas need to have non flamable shrubs and trees.
I do have to admit there are a lot of stupid people in this state. After they are mostly liberals, and most liberals have never had an origional thought.

And yes I'm being insulting but you guys fired first.

Frank Strickler

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2008 Nov 24 22:07

Aw, shucks, Frank!

All my thoughts, liberal and conservative, are original. At least, no one else will own up to them.

Sometimes thoughts just drop down as from a seemingly empty sky and envelope my head like a soggy wool blanket on a hot July day. One such thought revolves around the concept of insults. A truely effective insult should be specific and sufficiently hurtful to someone on a personal basis, allowing for either tearful dejection or the proper personal and specific response, "Go *@%$#* Yourself!"

Labeling and degrading an entire, loosely defined group merely exhibits narrow mindedness and bigotry, insulting only the issuer and having little or no affect, real or feigned, on the targeted group.

In short, it is just as infantile to denegrate liberals as it is to denegrate Christians........or Californians. Unless,of course, it is accomplished in a humorous fashion.

Coondog :joker:

On the other hand, evangelical, fundamentalist, right-wing conservatives.....................................

Frank Strickler

Postby Frank Strickler » 2008 Nov 24 22:43

Humorous Coondog????

Ha Ha Ha. I've read a lot of posts on this forum, and most of the ones pertaining to Christians are more hateful and hurtful than funny.

However if one conciders the source, the hurt turns to pitty.

Frank Strickler

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2008 Nov 25 13:39

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2008 Dec 03 12:28

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2008 Dec 06 08:45

Frank Strickler

Postby Frank Strickler » 2008 Dec 08 08:14

History lesson Amy,

Prop. 8 was the second vote on the matter. Gay marriage was voted down once, and a judge

over turned the law,thus taking away the rights of California voters. The voters meerly took

back their say in the matter.

Those who choose to have a legal union in California still have all the rights of married

people.

Frank Strickler

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2008 Dec 08 14:46

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Frank Strickler

Postby Frank Strickler » 2008 Dec 08 18:57

For what the Domestic Partnership in California currently reads go to wikipeda ""

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 17 07:21

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2009 Jan 18 17:34

Uji

Postby Uji » 2009 Jan 19 10:19

"Sweetness" rules! More...more...! :sip:

resigned

Postby resigned » 2009 Jan 19 10:30

S&L, have I been mean to you? If so I am sorry. I have to admit though that you just don't seem real to me. I find your postings to be funny but don't mean to put you down.

On to bigger things; A bigot is defined as one fanatically devoted to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and intolerant of those who differ. Between you and me, I figure that could fit a lot of people on this forum. If you disagree or espouse another idea different than their own, there are some who try to label you or me or others. I imagine that "whats his face" is intolerant of alot of issues, groups of people etc. including Christians so would that make him a bigot?

Just my humble opinion.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2009 Mar 22 11:21

Love is never having to say "."

[youtube]Yy-Qae9R2b0[/youtube]