Quote of the Day: got some neat quotations?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Tisk Tisk

Postby Crux » 2011 Jul 25 08:35

nudgewink wrote:Oh crux, you are a knucklehead, seeing absolutely everything as left vs. right.
And too thick to realize that Tucker Carlson is way off to the far right.
Her preciousness, stridently portraying herself as everybody's victim, is too much even for him.

I do not consider Tucker Carlson to be way off on the right, far or otherwise. I do not consider him at all. I know who he is though. I do begrudge him his quip. And you know as well as I that the point I made is valid. :coffee:

I do not see everything as left vs right. I am no fan of the right leaning machine commentator Carlson.

Palin is tough. She is certainly a victim of ugly attack, constant and remarkable.
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Coondog

Re: Quote of the Day: got some neat quotations?

Postby Coondog » 2011 Jul 25 16:19

Palin is tough. She is certainly a victim of ugly attack, constant and remarkable.

Oh, c'mon, Crux! She's not THAT ugly.

When Tucker Carlson (he) was on CNN he was mostly Center Right in his opinions and rhetoric. Then he went to FOX.

Maybe all of these commentators are merely good readers with no comprehension or concern over what it is they're reading.
Is Tucker still working for FOX, or has he taken his bow tie to another veune? Haven't seen him, lately. But, I channel surf during commercials.

Coondog :sleepy:

Crux

Good Night

Postby Crux » 2011 Jul 25 19:45

Center Right doesn't cut it with me as an unhelpful descriptor. He is hardly my authority. You can fantasize about him being a classically leaning liberal republican all you wish. Maybe he is. My point is the demonization, ridicule and terribly off color treatment of Palin by the left which is really beyond beyond...
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2012 May 09 12:59

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: “Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease.

”That depends, Sir,” said Disraeli, “whether I embrace your policies or your mistress.”

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 21 07:00

“The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one. ”

Malcolm S. Forbes (1919-1990); publisher
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Aug 24 10:19

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

"Hasty Generalization" It is a logic fallacy.

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 24 13:09

...Akin is republican and mistaken, so all republicans are like Akin... Cripes.
Bill Maher? Really? ...sorry, he's not really that funny. Crass? Sure. Bigoted in a big ugly way? Obviously.

His is a smarmy nasty base humor that appeals to the meaner side.

Here's my quote: Obama is a disaster and most folks realize this.

cruxthinking(epic-executive-fail) See? It is not to hard to just say it. Repeat after me:

Obama has a disastrous record, and can not campaign on it. He was in over his head and I was mistaken in his abilities.

Feel better? His Strategy is to get votors to hate Mitt Romney.
Think Obfuscation. Misdirection. Desperation. IT'Sinister.

:clap:
Last edited by Crux on 2012 Aug 24 14:28, edited 2 times in total.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 24 14:23

Here's MY quote:
Crux has a one track mind and half of that track is torn up!

Geez crux........get a life!!!!! There is more in the world to discuss than your dislike & disdain of Obama. You needn't paint EVERY discussion on the board with your anti-Obama spiel.

Suggestion: Why don't you write a post detailing the Goshen Charter School of which you spoke in another thread. That is obviously something positive that appears close to your heart.

:violent1:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

I'd say fair enough. I like 'civil Fangz" Sorry?

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 24 14:50

It's election time. politics are always present. Bill Maher knows it and so does AO. It's the very quote of the day it seems.

Geez Fangz. I like your kind words, but golly...

I would like to drop the word OBAMA from my language. I look forward to his very exit from office in November (voteromneyryan) You are right of course not all is politics all the time, but to suggest I am the only one here with a political ax to grind is kinda silly.

My axe? I don't like it that too many here are like too many everywhere. Mistaken and taken in with their beliefs.
Take Juggler lately, or here through this post, AO.

They spout hate. I point at it and say "Look UGLINESS" or "ILLOGICAL"

Happy to get into the weeds. Charter schools? Sure. It would be great but they won't be some "healing of the children".
The truth is HOME, and parenting, and family are more important.
I am all for a charter school. What's it cost, can it perform. Let's find out.

Fangz for you I hope I change. I will change my ways. Have hope I will change. Sorry. I eschew Obama.
I always wish you well. Remember to stay Libertarian in your heart and it will be the healing of the Nation!

crux

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Jul 19 07:15

:coffee:

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Jul 19 09:46

On the other hand, might administering medicine, with just the right psychotropic properties, marginally improve our Crux's ability to reason?

It's worth a try.

I wonder if Obamacare will cover the cost? If not, I'll chip in.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Jul 19 12:20

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER........

Drink the Damned Water, Horse!!!! :beatdead:

Coondog

Trollism is like Monkey Pox........ugly and incurable by less than drastic means.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Nov 07 11:11

"Some will be called reds and communists merely because they believe in economic justice and the brotherhood of man. But we shall overcome." -MLK

:thumbup:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Nov 07 11:36

wise, coon and fangz,
crux has demonstrated many times that he can reason far better than the three of you combined.

"If liberals could reason a problem out to its conclusion they would be conservatives."

"You can lead a liberal to truth but you can't make him think."

"Liberals have a Robin Hood approach to life. Steal frrom the workers and give to the lazy"

Three quotes by cannoneer

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 07 15:30

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!

-Rand Paul

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Nov 07 16:08

I have a few quotes that I think are fun.

Jay Leno, "The liberals are asking us to give Obama time. We agree and think 25 to life would be appropriate."

Conan O'Brian, "Have you heard about McDonald's new Obama meal? Order anything you like and the guy behind you pays for it."

Jay Leno, "What does Obama call lunch with a convicted felon? A fund raiser."

David Letterman, "What's the difference between Obama's cabinet and a Penitentiary? One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers, and threats to society. The other is housing for prisoners."

Anonymous, "Solution to the problem in Egypt. They want a new Muslim leader. Give them ours."

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Nov 07 16:14

Sorry, coon,
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
That is a quote from FDR's first inaugural address about four years before I was born. Not Rand Paul.
But cheer up, if you throw enough crap at the wall something is bound to stick sooner or later.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Nov 07 23:30

Sorry Big C

Subtle Irony is oft mistaken for a soft breeze passing above one's head.

Rand Paul

No!

Coondog :dontknow:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Nov 08 07:44

"I love it when the day starts out all civil like." -crux :angel5:

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Dec 13 14:43

Justice William Brennan wrote:
“We do not yet have justice, equal and practical, for the poor, for the members of minority groups, for the criminally accused, for the displaced persons of the technological revolution, for alienated youth, for the urban masses... Ugly inequities continue to mar the face of the nation. We are surely nearer the beginning than the end of the struggle.”