Quote of the Day: got some neat quotations?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Sam

Re: Quote of the Day: got some neat quotations?

Postby Sam » 2011 Mar 22 08:53

We must all hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately. ~Benjamin Franklin
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Crux

Will Biden call for Obama's...

Postby Crux » 2011 Mar 23 17:20

...IMPEACHMENT?

Just say it isn't so!Obama's quote follows the short video.

I this HYPOCRISY we are WITNESSING? :salut:

c...
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2011 Mar 31 08:05

"From the depth of need and despair, people can work together,
can organize themselves to solve their own problems and fill
their own needs with dignity and strength."

-- Cesar Chavez

:wink2:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2011 Apr 07 07:29

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, day and night, to make you everybody but yourself—means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight—and never stop fighting.”

e. e. cummings (1894-1962);

poet, playwright, painter, essayist

:swing:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 07 21:06

I'm going to live forever.............................so far so good
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Crux

"Spring Spheres"

Postby Crux » 2011 Apr 12 18:07

Spring Spheres is the politically correct label, no doubt brought about, by ridiculous LIBS...

You guys REALLY should decry this CRUD!
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Apr 12 21:36

Is there nothing you will not whine over? You point to a right wing radio whiner-jock who interviewed a 16 year old girl about something that allegedly happened at a private school. I find no corroboration that this actually happened, but the single radio story is echoed by hundreds of right wing web sites with no independent coverage. Nowhere (that I can find) is the school identified, a suspicious lack of information. Can you identify the school?

But here's what is phenomenally stupid. Right wing jerks whine incessantly that they are for "freedom", but actually want the exact opposite, to force their notions of tradition on everybody. The alleged school is a private school. Private schools are free to follow whatever nutty religious practices they desire. They should feel no heat from angry white men such as yourself over practices conforming to their religious sensitivities. Since the school name is kept a secret from us we don't know that it is not, for example, a Jewish day school, or a Muslim school, or a Navaho traditional school ... none of which would be expected to trumpet rituals connected to Christianity. But it doesn't really matter what kind of private school it is ... they have freedom to do as they wish!

I personally know of many private schools that teach their children the most fantastic fairy tales. You know, stuff like a guy made oodles of wine out of water, or walked on water, or busted out of a tomb three days after he died, or healed leprosy by waving his arms, etc. Crazy stuff that no sane person can swallow. But this is America, and we allow private schools to do what they like without fear of public or government reprisal.

So lay off the perhaps-fictional private school that had some harmless fun with easter eggs.

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 12 22:23

He did walk on water, he did rise from the dead,he did all this and more....I call-in Jesus. And I know he did this and more because I talked to him
"extremists

Crux

You AP, are just WRONG!

Postby Crux » 2011 Apr 13 07:35

The school remained nameless, apparently through the care and good sense of the young lady who went there to do her community service work... If you can show me where in the brief article it indicates this happened at a PRIVATE school, you still will not be excused for your rabid intolerance, or your lack of care...because you AMY, are like a limousine liberal, full of inappropriate guilt, and a projecting hypocrite, who drives what, a Caddie, a BMW or a MB??? :thumbup:

What kind of vehicle do you drive AMY?
Did the evil right wing deny you your opportunity in life? Did you succeed through hard work and effort? What car did you pony up good money for AMY P?? What's wrong?
Feeling like a hypocrite WHINER?

CADDIE, BMW, or MB? :dontknow:

PS... This happened at a PUBLIC GOVERNMENT SCHOOL and was driven by bigoted, and NOT SO WELL INTENTIONED libs... Your whole rant was based upon false assumption or jumps to conclusions.

This is a very teachable moment Sweetie. Some on this forum just LOVE to rip me in silly and high style as being dumb, having no ability to discern or read with comprehension, being unable to think critically, or use proper logic, ETC.
I have correctly said that this is merely personal attack....

Now here is AP, displaying herself to be a raw and mistaken bigot.
:coffee:

crux (careful AP, the truth is a gem, nugget, or pearl was it?... still valued by good people like the Arrogant One) :coffee:

This kind of politically correct crap is slung about constantly by the ever so self loving LEFT. Deal with it PLEASE. :geek:

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Apr 13 10:31

I can hardly believe I am saying this, but this time Crux is correct. I erred, reading too quickly and confusing the private school from which the alleged student came, with the public school at which the alleged incident occurred. You got me. Your stuff is usually so wrongheaded and factually incorrect that I confess that my perception in this instance was clouded by experience.

So I've looked into your story more carefully. Here's my revised take on the incident:
  • I don't care personally whether people or schools, public or private, refer to "easter eggs" or "spring spheres"
  • The story is fishy because there only ONE account, repeated hundreds of times all over the internet, uncritically and without independent corroboration
  • (That reminds me of Wise One's remark about lazy, uncritical, and low quality journalism as it is practiced in America these days)
  • Neither the student, nor the private school, nor the public school are identified, making corroboration difficult
  • The actual radio interview itself raises a serious red flag because the private school student is described as going to a public school that "kind of has different cultures" on a "mission project" for "spiritual growth" This evokes a specter of assault by a private religious school on public schools and absolutely ought to raise hackles among school personnel. One cannot help wondering if a teacher only properly stood between her public school students and an outsider who was was acting as though she was there to convert others to her brand of religion.
  • The story references a listing of easter egg hunts falsely saying the parks department has removed Easter from the listing
  • I wrote an e-mail to the Seattle Public Schools public affairs department informing them of the allegation and asking them to make a statement of fact and policy that would shed light on the incident. I earnestly hope they will make a statement because silence does not serve them well. This garbage should be refuted.
PS. I won't respond to a totally stupid question suggesting that that the worth of a human being somehow depends upon the brand of automobile he owns.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Apr 13 10:58

Sam wrote:I call-in Jesus. And I know he did this and more because I talked to him

You probably don't have one conveniently at hand, but the next time you have such a conversation would you mind recording it and posting it for us? I am very interested in hearing it.

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 13 12:52

Amy, any time you want to get together I will be happy to share my conversations with Jesus with you.
"extremists

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2011 Apr 13 13:55

ADDENDUM to my prior message:

I got an amazingly prompt e-mail reply to my Seattle Public Schools inquiry, copied below. Their formal policies look perfect so it remains to be seen whether the alleged incident ever happened at all, whether the facts as given on the radio conform to the truth, or whether a rogue teacher misbehaved.

Lesley Rogers, Chief Communications Officer, Seattle Public Schools wrote:Thank you for your email.There is no new District policy on this, and we’re trying to track down how this story originated. Our response right now:

In 1983, Seattle Public Schools adopted its “Religion and Religious Accommodation” policy, which was revised in 2007 and it still in effect.

“It is the policy of the Seattle School Board that no religious belief or non-belief should be promoted by the School District or its employees, and none should be disparaged. “

There are no new District policies on religion or holiday observance guidelines. For more information, see:

Crux

Very well...

Postby Crux » 2011 Apr 13 21:23

I do not have time to really get into this but it is obvious that you have done solid work, and are to be commended. Good job.

Please understand, I am not a RIGHT WINGER.

I am a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classic sense. Yes, I espouse tea party principles.

THANK YOU...

Now, seriously, although it doesn't matter, please tell me, what kind of vehicle do you drive? :hum:

crux

ps...come on now, SPRING SPHERES? Admit. If this is true, rogue teacher, or whom ever, it is POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK...YES???

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2011 Apr 23 07:20

“Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.”

Josh Billings (1818-1885);

[Henry Wheeler Shaw] humorist, essayist

:toothy:

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Apr 23 07:32

"The whole fabric of society will go to wrack if we really lay hands of reform on our rotten institutions. From top to bottom the whole system is a fraud, all of us know it, laborers and capitalists alike, and all of us are consenting parties to it." -- Henry Adams, American historian, 1838--1918
"extremists

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2011 Jul 24 18:16

Tucker Carlson wrote:Palin’s popularity is falling in Iowa but she maintains her lead to become supreme commander of MILFistan”

Crux

Telling isn't it.

Postby Crux » 2011 Jul 24 19:26

Isn't it interesting the double standard on how women are treated or demeaned... Women fight and have fought for respect and dignity in the workplace, and in every corner of society and community. Ugly. Interesting the love and hoots by those on the left and the lack of opposition by women and men of the left. Telling.

crux

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2011 Jul 24 23:32

Oh crux, you are a knucklehead, seeing absolutely everything as left vs. right.
And too thick to realize that Tucker Carlson is way off to the far right.
Her preciousness, stridently portraying herself as everybody's victim, is too much even for him.

Sam

Postby Sam » 2011 Jul 25 07:26

Well Pal, you can call me a knuckle head too, I feel the same way as Crux.
"extremists