Hypocrisy Republican Style

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1957
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Wise One » 2016 May 04 09:46

Yup, your analysis matches mine.

Trump appears to have a lock on the Republican nomination now. Hillary probably has the Democratic nomination, but that's less solid for the reason you gave. I think that Bernie would do better than Hillary against Trump, and some polls support this. All things considered, I think Bernie is a better match to the country's needs right now than Hillary.

But in any event, the Democratic nominee will get my vote. The alternative is truly terrible to contemplate.

:coffee:

If one's faith in the American people is justified, then the electoral map will turn out to look something like 1964 Goldwater/Johnson with Trump in the red. He has a lock on the bigot vote.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Coondog » 2016 May 09 21:04

Been working all day on the internets with MSNBC in the background. It would be generous to say Hillary and Bernie got about a minute and a half each. The tornados in Oklahoma got intermittent 30 second spots and Trump got the rest. Even the brazen liberals at MSNBC can't refrain from providing gratuitous face time to the public spectacle that is The Donald.

The media can take much of the credit for the St Vitus Dance of Trump-a-mania that has mesmerized the Kardashian loving, American Idol watching, nostalgic for Hee Haw American psyche. Who else stands to gain more from a Trump Presidency?

President Trump might then well bolster the military as other hostilities around the globe will pale compared to a unified world intent on regime change in the US. They will know, if we don't, that this country has gone completely mad and must be dealt with accordingly.

Coondog

Do we really have to do this?

User avatar
nudgewink
Posts: 163
Joined: 2008 Mar 19 13:07

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby nudgewink » 2016 Jun 07 20:34

This pretty well nails it. Wow.
Thomas L. Friedman wrote:The Opinion Pages | OP-ED COLUMNIST
Dump the G.O.P. for a Grand New Party

If a party could declare moral bankruptcy, today’s Republican Party would be in Chapter 11.

This party needs to just shut itself down and start over — now. Seriously, someone please start a New Republican Party!

America needs a healthy two-party system. America needs a healthy center-right party to ensure that the Democrats remain a healthy center-left party. America needs a center-right party ready to offer market-based solutions to issues like climate change. America needs a center-right party that will support common-sense gun laws. America needs a center-right party that will support common-sense fiscal policy. America needs a center-right party to support both free trade and aid to workers impacted by it. America needs a center-right party that appreciates how much more complicated foreign policy is today, when you have to manage weak and collapsing nations, not just muscle strong ones.

But this Republican Party is none of those things. Today’s G.O.P. is to governing what Trump University is to education — an ethically challenged enterprise that enriches and perpetuates itself by shedding all pretense of standing for real principles, or a truly relevant value proposition, and instead plays on the ignorance and fears of the public.

It is just an empty shell, selling pieces of itself to the highest bidders, — policy by policy — a little to the Tea Party over here, a little to Big Oil over there, a little to the gun lobby, to antitax zealots, to climate-change deniers. And before you know it, the party stands for an incoherent mess of ideas unrelated to any theory of where the world is going or how America actually becomes great again in the 21st century.

It becomes instead a coalition of men and women who sell pieces of their brand to whoever can most energize their base in order for them to get re-elected in order for them to sell more pieces of their brand in order to get re-elected.

And we know just how little they are attached to any principles, because today’s Republican Party’s elders have told us so by (with a few notable exceptions) being so willing to throw their support behind a presidential candidate whom they know is utterly ignorant of policy, has done no homework, has engaged in racist attacks on a sitting judge, has mocked a disabled reporter, has impugned an entire religious community, and has tossed off ignorant proposals for walls, for letting allies go it alone and go nuclear and for overturning trade treaties, rules of war and nuclear agreements in ways that would be wildly destabilizing if he took office.

Despite that, all top G.O.P. leaders say they will still support Donald Trump — even if he’s dabbled in “textbook racism,” as House Speaker Paul Ryan described it — because he will sign off on their agenda and can do only limited damage given our checks and balances.

Really? Mr. Speaker, your agenda is a mess, Trump will pay even less attention to you if he is president and, as Senator Lindsey Graham rightly put it, there has to be a time “when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary.”

Will it ever be that time with this version of the G.O.P.?

Et tu, John McCain? You didn’t break under torture from the North Vietnamese, but your hunger for re-election is so great that you don’t dare raise your voice against Trump? I hope you lose. You deserve to. Marco Rubio? You called Trump “a con man,” he insults your very being and you still endorse him? Good riddance.

Chris Christie, have you not an ounce of self-respect? You’re serving as the valet to a man who claimed, falsely, that on 9/11, in Jersey City, home to many Arab-Americans, “thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.” Christie is backing a man who made up a baldfaced lie about residents of his own state so that maybe he can be his vice president. Contemptible.

This is exactly why so many Republican voters opted for Trump in the first place. They intuited that the only thing these G.O.P. politicians were interested in was holding onto their seats in office — and they were right. It made voters so utterly cynical that many figured, Why not inflict Trump on them? It’s all just a con game anyway. And at least Trump sticks it to all of those politically correct liberals. And anyway, governing doesn’t matter — only attitude.

And who taught them that?

But it does matter. I know so many thoughtful conservatives who know it matters. One of them has got to start the N.R.P. — New Republican Party — a center-right party liberated from all the Trump birthers, the Sarah Palins, the Grover Norquists, the Sean Hannitys, the Rush Limbaughs, the gun lobby, the oil lobby and every other narrow-interest group, a party that redefines a principled conservatism. Raise your money for it on the internet. If Bernie Sanders can, you can.

This is such a pivotal moment; the world we shaped after W.W. II is going wobbly. This is a time for America to be at its best, defending its best values, which are now under assault in so many places — pluralism, immigration, democracy, trade, the rule of law and the virtue of open societies. Trump will never be a credible messenger, or a messenger at all, for those values. A New Republican Party can be.

If you build it, they will come.

User avatar
fangz1956
Posts: 1124
Joined: 2007 Jul 07 10:16

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Jun 08 09:46

America needs a healthy multi-party system. It is this damnable duopoly that has us painted into a corner.


:coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Coondog » 2016 Jun 08 11:46

America needs a kindergarten teacher to reinstate basic, entry level respect for manners, decency, fairness, honesty, unselfishness and remedial cleanliness.

And a constitutional amendment that disqualifies everyone over the age of 10 from holding public office.

Coondog :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

User avatar
Sweetness 'n Light
Posts: 101
Joined: 2007 Jul 21 19:39

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2016 Jun 08 12:42

fangz1956 wrote:America needs a healthy multi-party system. It is this damnable duopoly that has us painted into a corner. :coffee:

Maybe you missed it but multi is more than one and we have two parties even of the D party is maybe all crazy and evil so maybe your right and there is only one real party, huh?

It kind of makes me sick sometimes that you and some of the others cept crux and cannoner are always badmouthing the R party cause they are real Americans who know how to talk against the aileens and terrists and coloreds and spanish cause they are all just trouble for patriotic people like godfearing Christians maybe.

So maybe you better pay closer attention, huh?

Love and kisses ...

User avatar
fangz1956
Posts: 1124
Joined: 2007 Jul 07 10:16

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Jun 09 07:24

"Duopoly" refers to 2 parties (which are basically 2 sides of the same coin. We are way past the time of needing to build a system that isn't ruled by D or R and being forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils in every election cycle. There needs to room for the Libertarians, the Green Party, the Democratic Socialist Party and even room for new parties to emerge and compete on a level playing field.

I am awake and have been for a long time. I think you are the one sleeping S&L.

:coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1957
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Wise One » 2016 Jun 09 09:50

Fangz, your patience and restraint are positively angelic.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Coondog » 2016 Jun 09 12:42

As Jesus said, "Everything is fixed, and you can't change it!" (J.C. Superstar)

The more arcane structural barriers, such as requiring 15% polling before actually being allowed to compete (in a debate) and the reluctance of any viable news agency to provide adequate exposure to third, fourth or fifth parties pretty much guarantees the status quo.

Maybe that's good, because the majority of Americans can only handle a D and an R. Three or more letters confuses them. On the other hand, many of them have no clue there even are more letters because they never see them.

The MSM made Trump by dangling him in front of all else, saying, "Hey, look at us. We have a dancing monkey for your entertainment." They could have added an L to the equation by affording Gary Johnson equal time. They could have added a G by hyping Smokey the Bear.

As a great philosopher (coondog) says, any Kardashian announcing a presidential run would similarly capture the attention and support of half of Americans, given the same air time. (add a K)

We can agree that the process is fixed. But, it is what it is and its not going to change before November. Where we may disagree is on whether evil manifests itself in varying degrees and if it does, the lesser evil is preferable to the greater evil, until we can unveil the entire alphabet.......eventually.

Coondog :beatdead:

Impractical ideology is fantasy

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3206
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

A dose of reality...

Postby Crux » 2016 Jun 10 07:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XMioUUa3E

The Trump U. thing is interesting. What a political HIT. If you wish to know more put a little Stefan on in the background...

I do not expect the regulars here to be either well informed of fair when it comes to the law suit against Trump U., so called.

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Coondog » 2016 Jun 10 11:44

It's odd, that this issue has affected republicans to the degree it has, considering all the absurd nonsense Trump has said that they so casually ignore. It's odd that Trump would even bring it up, unless he's more concerned than he lets on and prefers to try the case in the public sphere.
According to accounts, he is or has been involved in some 3,500 law suits. At least 60 of them are against him for non payment on contracts.

Considering how many judges must be involved, this issue seems somewhat petty. It's not the attitude of the judge that matters, its the fraud that matters. And, it's a personal issue. Has nothing to do with Trump's failure to demonstrate an iota of understanding or knowledge of much of anything. Anything.

Please keep posting that guy, Stefan. Didn't make it through the entire 44 minutes yet, but that's first class entertainment.

:hail: Coondog


Looking Presidential?

Cat a trump.jpg
Cat a trump.jpg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 5079 times

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1957
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Wise One » 2016 Jun 10 16:31

Agree. Stefan is an airhead. His English accent does not manage to compensate for the vacuum in his cranium.

So an American judge of Mexican heritage must be biased against Trump because of the stupid wall?
Is an American judge of Jewish heritage biased because Trump sounds like a fascist?
Is an American judge of Egyptian heritage biased because of Trump's anti-Muslim statements?
Is an American judge with a perfect credit rating biased because Trump has so many unpaid bills?
Is an American judge with a normal haircut biased because Trump's looks like a hundred rats caught in a tornado?
Is an American judge married for 30 years to the same woman biased because Trump has cycled through 3 wives (so far)?
Is an American judge who is female biased because Trump has made so many statements disparaging of women?
Is an American judge who is male with normal hands biased because Trump has tiny hands?
Is an American judge who is articulate and intelligent biased because Trump speaks like a 6 year-old?

On Trump's wacky criteria, it's going to be tough to find an unbiased judge to hear his hundreds and hundreds of lawsuits.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3206
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

You are hopeless...

Postby Crux » 2016 Jun 10 22:54

Wise One wrote:Agree. Stefan is an airhead. His English accent does not manage to compensate for the vacuum in his cranium.

So an American judge of Mexican heritage must be biased against Trump because of the stupid wall?
Is an American judge of Jewish heritage biased because Trump sounds like a fascist?

You are not even trying to understand, you are just a bigot. The Judge isn't biased because he is MEXICAN. He is a biased Mexican Judge.

This is simple stuff. Here is a short article to elucidate REALITY. First a short paragraph from the end of the article:

The whole thing made me angry. Here in Northern California, I feel like I’m a unicorn: I’m a gay Hispanic who’s a Republican. It was much harder to come out as a Trump supporter than it was to come out as gay — the minute you say you’re for Trump, everyone comes at you — but this has pushed me out of the closet about it completely.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... ?tid=sm_fb

The LEFT is using mob violence. It always does....
Just own it, or disavow it.

I color OUTSIDE the lines so-called liberals draw.

User avatar
Neck-aint-red
Posts: 354
Joined: 2008 Apr 08 14:08

Re: You are hopeless...

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2016 Jun 11 11:48

Violence is unacceptable over differences of political opinion.
Crux wrote:"The whole thing made me angry. Here in Northern California, I feel like I’m a unicorn: I’m a gay Hispanic who’s a Republican. It was much harder to come out as a Trump supporter than it was to come out as gay — the minute you say you’re for Trump, everyone comes at you — but this has pushed me out of the closet about it completely."

"Comes at you"? If this statement refers to verbal disagreement, then it is simply silly. Anybody, everybody has a right to disagree and propound his own views.

Coming out as gay, a revelation of a person's essence that may be genetic, is hardly an expression of opinion, and should not engender disagreement. That's like disagreeing and verbally attacking somebody because his hair is brown.

Expressing opinion, for example speaking for or against ANY political candidate, will be met by vigorous opposition, especially so in the case of the loathsome DJT. That's what happens in a democracy. It should happen. Often.

Righties are famous for their persecution complexes. "Happy Holidays" is taken by them as a "War on Christmas." Tolerance toward the Muslims among us is taken as "Sharia Law is being imposed on us!" Proposals to close the gun show loophole or keep guns out of the hands of wife-beaters are taken as "Obama wants to take our guns!"

:knife:

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3206
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

^^

Postby Crux » 2016 Jun 14 06:59

incoherent

User avatar
Amy Probenski
Posts: 457
Joined: 2007 Aug 28 17:06

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Amy Probenski » 2016 Sep 16 13:36

jesus.png
jesus.png (52.36 KiB) Viewed 4953 times

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3206
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

AMY P

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 17 15:03

Hater of Christianity, is hardly a biblical scholar.

User avatar
fangz1956
Posts: 1124
Joined: 2007 Jul 07 10:16

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby fangz1956 » 2016 Oct 15 09:59

Image
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

User avatar
Amy Probenski
Posts: 457
Joined: 2007 Aug 28 17:06

Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Amy Probenski » 2016 Oct 15 11:05

Thanks, Fangz, and it's nice to see you back. This XX person was feeling a little lonely here.

Crux wrote:Hater of Christianity, is hardly a biblical scholar.

Wrong.
:pinocc:

One can hate the malevolence of some of the hateful people who only call themselves Christians, while simultaneously revering the principles and example set by Christ.

User avatar
Neck-aint-red
Posts: 354
Joined: 2008 Apr 08 14:08

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2016 Oct 25 21:39

Image