Hypocrisy Republican Style

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

cornhound, easy there loonie

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 30 21:14

It is silly to suggest that abortion is NOT used as a means of BIRTH CONTROL. When you avoid the obvious we get no where.
I have not spoken to getting rid of either birth control, OR abortion, with the exception of late term abortion of healthy babies...

I don't want to hear about how much kids cost. I have a few more than you clown. Do you have even ONE? :shakeh:

Coondog

Litters

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 01 00:02

You don't know nothin'!

Coondog's pups have pups.

And you don't sound like a single woman making minimum wage, so you still don't know nothin'!

Me Again :laughing:

Crux

Congrats, BUT...

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 02 19:59

Coondog wrote: Coondog's pups have pups.

Oh GRAND!! :tiphat: It is funny how supposedly I can not have an opinion on abortion, the ethics there of, the laws regarding it's regulation, etc.
That tired illogical "you are not a single mother on minimum wage" or "you don't have a womb so shut the hell up" sort of crap that gets slung...

Coondog has an opinion. Fangz has an opinion, and heck even OBAMA has an opinion that counts and is well informed and knowledgeable?

Well here is the Great Leader of Men and Women OH-BAH-MAH. I think this 10 second clip highlights his GRAH-VEE-TAHSSS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cWuLkrgYA

Can you say "OH-BEE-GUY-KNEE"?
:hum:

Coondog

Re: Hypocrisy Republican Style

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 03 18:23

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison

At the risk of NOT solving the issue; crux said, "I don't want to hear about how much kids cost. I have a few more than you clown."

crux, then, knows about how much kids cost, (but doesn't want to hear about it). One suspects that a single woman making minimum wage has some idea, if not precise knowledge of how much kids cost prior to and after having them. Medical costs. Loss of employment, medical costs, day care, medical costs. They have a unique perspective that one dares to guess is somewhat financially diverse from crux, who is obviously an eccentric, reclusive billionaire oil tycoon!

Or, maybe not! Doesn't matter! It's one of those false equivalencies we're always hearing about.

Coondog :razz:

Crux

THINK

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 04 06:59

A single woman making minimum wage makes more than me, depending on how many kids she has, after you factor in all forms of public assistance.

THAT is a fact.

Worth posting again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cWuLkrgYA

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Nov 04 09:03

Prove it. Considering spouse, total income and children.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Nov 04 10:22

I'm with Wise One....prove it. What makes you think that all single women making minimum wage also receive public assistance? Is that just a flawed assumption of the ignorant Tea Party crowd?

I'd be more inclined to follow your line of what passes for thinking if it was ever backed by actual fact.......and not the hysterical, deluded, fear-mongering conspiracy theories that your ilk seems to embrace so readily. But, since you can't muster the courage to link to actual facts or admit that your thought processes are flawed and uninformed, then I will take you with a grain of salt and wait for your kind to shuffle off this earth. Fortunately, I think the millenials are far smarter than most give them credit for. The sooner they can take the reins from the gasbag GOP inside the Beltway, the better off we will be.

By the way crux, if you are truly "poorer" than a minimum wage earning single mother, why in the hell do you support political parties that do not support you? You must a special kind of ignorant.

:razz: :razz: :razz:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

In a knot.

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 04 17:56

I should have said "makes more money than I have made, for many years, with kids, having never taken public assistance, including reduced lunch prices in public schools". I make more now after many years gaining skills and experience, but I have worked for very modest pay, for many years, in the past, with kids, and with my wife working too, we MADE IT without public assistance. I am not against PUBLIC ASSISTANCE in principle, for those who need it. We didn't. We had a strong ethic against accepting it. We could have gotten WIC, etc but NEVER took it.

I admit my statement seems implausible, but according to some annual reviews, if you look at Hawaii, for example, according to CATO a family of three would have to make 61K to earn more than the 50K that is available to them in social welfare benefits.

"A combination of food stamps, temporary cash grants, WIC, and housing assistance is worth a pre-tax value more than $30,000 in 16 states. In Hawaii, the most generous state, a working family of three would have to earn almost $61,000 just to be even with the $50,000 in welfare the government hands out."

http://www.cato.org/publications/white- ... fare-trade

So I say again, DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN... The benefits would have to include housing assistance and TANF.

THE MAIN point I made that you glossed over is that I as you as Obama ARE entitled to an opinion on abortion and it's regulation. I don't NEED to be a single mom with kids, making minimum wage, to express an opinion, vote, or participate in the PUBLIC PROCESS of abortion.

We CHOSE not to have an abortion. I think you miss my points often. I have not ever said I am for OUTLAWING ABORTION.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You all wear me out sometimes! :toothy:

crux

Hey what did you guys think of the SUAVE Obama saying "O-bee-guy-knee" when speaking of Holder's wife?
You might forgive the guy for the "corpse man" thing as a Navy Corpsman might be a bit foreign, but OBGYN??? How do you overlook his lack on that?

Coondog

What?

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 04 18:38

No idea what Obama said about Holder's wife. Don't know what the Kardashians are up to, either.

Coondog only pays attention to serious issues........then, makes fun of them.

These are hard times, my man. It's admirable that, being eligible for assistance programs, you chose not to take advantage. Had you done so, you would have found out just how exasperating, time consuming and difficult taking advantage of social assistance is. Some people, unfortunately, have little or no choice.

It is bad enough when those who, for whatever reason, find themselves in need of resources that are unavailable because they were taken away or never there to begin with. What is found unconscionable is the efforts to eliminate such availability or simply make them difficult and expensive to access under the pretext of morality.

Must get away now. Find a place as far removed from election night analysis as possible. The will of the people....... :shakeh:

Coondog

My vote cancelled out somebody's. Maybe yours!

Crux

O-BEE-GUY-KNEE

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 04 20:47

Coondog wrote:No idea what Obama said about Holder's wife. Don't know what the Kardashians are up to, either.

Coondog only pays attention to serious issues........then, makes fun of them.

Since you still have not seen the 11 second clip of Obama, here it is for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cWuLkrgYA

Obama. Great Defender of Women. :hum:

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Nov 16 18:54

Crux

at a loss for words

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 16 20:56

Little Brother you are at a loss for words. You communicate non-verbally. You have little to say of your own accord. Why don't you just SPEAK,
by typing actual WORDS that express your disdain and contempt. You have always been an odd duck, and there is no crime in that. Just TRY.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Dec 22 13:27

I get a kick out of the Republican "groundswell" for Ben Carson.

Reality compels me to state the obvious.

He talks all the crazy shit that this crowd likes. He attracts a few who are ashamed of that party's well-earned reputation for racial prejudice.

But in the end, he does not stand a chance in hell. No amount of bat-shit crazy talk and appeals to "broaden the base" can ever ever ever overcome the raw racial prejudice that infects conservative Republicans. They'll give him a little lip service when it suits their convenience, but they will NEVER give him power.

They know uppity when they see it, and so This Shall Not Stand.

:coffee:

Crux

Just wow...

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 03 18:26

There is no shortage of black conservative voices in and out of politics, elected from across the country,
in business, academics, regular folks, etc. You overwhelm no one with your bluster my friend. I pity you son.

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jan 19 12:40

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jan 21 11:36

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Jan 24 19:11

Trend Setter

Postby Trend Setter » 2015 Jan 29 17:35

This sums it up. Republicans claim to be responsible with taxpayer money. They are not.

Here's another case of class warfare, moving money from poor and middle class taxpayers to the wealthiest among us, short changing our investment in the education of young people for our future.

wiscsports.jpg
wiscsports.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 441 times

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Feb 03 10:40

Yeah. If you and I want to go somewhere, we should use our corporate jets (tax deductible of course).

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Feb 05 22:20

Republicans are shocked, shocked I tell you, when one of their own gets caught telling the truth about Republican racism.

There is no greater sin in Washington, so Cole had to go.

:coffee:

Return to “MAIN FORUM”