Governor McDumbell

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Coondog

Re: Governor McDumbell

Postby Coondog » 2013 Jul 24 19:55

You forgot to mention biting the heads off babies.

Virginia has a long and illustrious history. Hell, we started this country! And.....it has been the home of great statesmen, inventors, explorers and.....Coondog. A rich tradition! Heros!

Hucksters belong on the TV scamming little old ladies out of their retirement with promises of a blissful afterlife. McDumbell is too crooked to waste his efforts on small time crime like stealing doggie vitamins and selling snake tonic.

He'd probably fit in better in California, which has a relatively short history, representing the culmination of the western movement of greed and wierdness and has an even shorter future, as the Big One is likely to send the whole place sliding into the Pacific like Atlantis....... or the SS Minnow.

We need not trade politicians. We can always grow another one of our own in the back yard. Hopefully one that's not infested with worms or aphids.....or the hypocracy that comes with a degree from Liberty University.

Coondog :naughty:

Virginia is for lovers.....but only for the purposes of pro-creation.

Missionary style!

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2014 Jan 21 21:15

McDumbell's chickens have come home to roost.

Beware the oh-so-morally-superior politician who always knows better than you do what your morality ought to be.

They are amazingly incapable of tending to their own!

Looking forward to seeing them dressed in orange. Like me.

:thumbup:

More

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Jan 22 07:35

After reading the article in the RT this morning, the former Governor's wife seems like a devious sort of female. "Oh woe is me! We can't pay the mortgages but I can sure wrangle a $6500 Rolex for Bob's Christmas gift." They should look stunning in Old Dominion Orange.

:tongue3:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Jan 22 09:50

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. We will see what there there is.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Jan 22 13:06

One might almost feel sorry for the guy.........almost.

After all, isn't this sort of privileged behavior and mutual back scratching simply the prerogative of power? Happens every day! At least, that seems to be the defense argument. It's a gift.....not a bribe!

And.....Need some doggie vitamins? Put it on the state's tab! That sort of stuff seems so trivial........ until it starts adding up.

One supposes that coziness with a business entity might actually be a legitimate and beneficial form of economic encouragement had the recompense been more of a boon to the public instead of in the form of personal bling. A Rolex? How tawdry!

Even so.... the esteemed ex-governor is likely to avoid having to don that orange jump suit. Unless something even more heinous becomes evident, this is likely to rise only to the level of low crimes and misdemeanors. He has already avoided the disgrace of being booted out or office. Hell, it pretty much qualifies him to run for president on the republican ticket.

Certainly the prosecution itself will be billed in conservative circles as some vast left wing conspiracy.

Yet, if nothing else, a more definitive indication of what constitutes bribery in the Old Dominion is likely to manifest itself.

Wake me when the former first lady of the Commonwealth poses for Hustler.

Coondog :sleepy:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Aug 14 17:15

Feds conclude corruption case against McDonnells

By Bill Sizemore
The Virginian-Pilot
© August 14, 2014

UPDATE: The prosecution has rested its case after 14 days. Attorneys are set to argue motions at 10 a.m. Friday. The defense will begin its case Monday.

http://links.mkt2074.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=NjkxNDA4NgS2&r=NDMwNTgzOTE5MTYS1&b=0&j=NTAxNTA2MzEyS0&mt=1&rt=0

Coondog :coffee:

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Aug 14 22:37

Yes.
The feeling that is sweeping over me is the most delicious Schadenfreude.
I'm bad.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Aug 23 13:42

We knew he was bad, but who knew he was this bad?

Are all Republican politicians determined to set records for ethics that are more contemptible than Richard Nixon's?

Are they all trying to prove they are even more stupid than their competitors by denying facts revealed by Science ( evolution, age of Earth, climate change, etc.)?

Idiots. And those who vote for them.

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Aug 25 14:16

Are all Republican politicians determined to set records for ethics that are more contemptible than Richard Nixon's?

Are they all trying to prove they are even more stupid than their competitors by denying facts revealed by Science ( evolution, age of Earth, climate change, etc.)?

Idiots. And those who vote for them.

What unfathomable simple-mindedness. The fact that one Republican is on trial for ethics issues automatically implicates every other Republican and those who vote for Republican candidates? And, that this in turn reveals that all Republicans deny facts revealed by science?

Your unfounded assumptions merely help to prove that there exist extreme left-of-center ideologues with blind prejudice for any and everyone who does not share their extremist views.
Last edited by Kevsky on 2014 Aug 26 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Aug 25 14:50

It's not up to date, but it's a nice glimpse of history and good enough to paint a useful comparitive profle of the two parties.

Crux

Epic Task

Postby Crux » 2014 Aug 25 19:54

It is an epic task to take this chart, and you Hates-Red-Necks, to task. Let's just take one LITTLE item, and compare it to recent history.

Vietnam

The chart lays it at the feet of a Republican President. It was KENNEDY that expanded that war in an EPIC way, that resulted in vastly more dead soldiers.

Afghanistan

One might "blame George Bush" for that. Fine. But it was OBAMA who expanded that effort monumentally and incurred over 2/3 of the DEAD SOLDIERS....

crux "Too sharp for you..."

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Aug 25 22:48

It's not up to date, but it's a nice glimpse of history and good enough to paint a useful comparitive profle of the two parties.

Really, your serious about this chart? Are you sure this is not a copy of little Johnny's 2nd grade civics homework assignment that he did the morning that he was to turn it in and got a D- only because the teacher did not want to fail him.

Seriously!!

1. Mario Biaggi and Wedtech - Mario Biaggi was a life-long Democrat politician not a Republican.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Biaggi

2. Jim Wright Ethics Violations - Jim Wright was a life-long Democrat politician not a Republican.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wright

3. Jim Traficant Scandal; Toricelli Bribery - Jim Traficant was a Democrat politician not a Republican.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

4. Tail hook Scandal - Really, what the hell does the Tail Hook Scandal have to do with Republicans?

5. The GI Bill - More B.S.

Harry W. Colmery, a former national commander of the American Legion and former Republican National Chairman, is credited for writing the first draft of the G.I. Bill.[7][8] He reportedly jotted down his ideas on stationery and a napkin at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.[8] U.S. Senator Ernest McFarland, D-Arizona, was actively involved in the bill's passage and is known, with Warren Atherton, as one of the "fathers of the G.I. Bill." One might then term Edith Nourse Rogers, R-Mass, who helped write and who co-sponsored the legislation, as the "mother of the G.I. Bill". Like Colmery, her contribution to writing and passing this legislation has been obscured by time.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill

6. Swine Flu (1976; Ford) - Republicans were responsible for the 1976 worldwide outbreak of the Swine Flu????

7. Civil Rights Movement - Even more B.S.

Although Democrats had a historically large majority in the House of Representatives with 259 members to 176 Republicans, almost as many Republicans voted for the civil rights bill as Democrats. The final vote was 290 for the bill and 130 against. Of the “yea” votes, 152 were Democrats and 138 were Republicans. Of the “nay” votes, three-fourths were Democrats. In short, the bill could not have passed without Republican support. As Time Magazine observed, “In one of the most lopsidedly Democratic Houses since the days of F.D.R., Republicans were vital to the passage of a bill for which the Democratic administration means to take full political credit this year.”

A similar story is told in the Senate. On the critical vote to end the filibuster by Southern Democrats, 71 senators voted to invoke cloture. With 67 votes needed, 44 Democrats and 27 Republicans joined together to bring the bill to a final vote. Of those voting “nay,” 80 percent were Democrats, including Robert C. Byrd and former Vice President Al Gore’s father, who was then a senator from Tennessee. Again, it is clear that the civil rights bill would have failed without Republican votes. Close observers of the Senate deliberations recognized that the Republican leader, Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen of Illinois, had done yeoman work in responding to the objections of individual Republicans and holding almost all of them together in support of the bill. “More than any other single individual,” the New York Times acknowledged, “he was responsible for getting the civil rights bill through the Senate.”

I could go on, but I see no more point in pointing out the outright lies and blatant fabrications in this chart.

This is what they do. Make up outright lies and falsehoods. Mix in some facts and hope that people believe it. Unfortunately, the morons, feeble-minded, dimwits and liberals usually do.

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Aug 26 12:37

I've gotta read these things more carefully ... you picked up some errors, thanks.
On second reading, it's pretty weak stuff, my bad.
Tail Hook weak also, happened under Bush One if I remember correctly.
As for many of the rest, parties take credit or blame if their votes were in the majority. I realize it's more complex than this.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Aug 26 14:59

Coondog would agree that assigning party affiliation to the crooked, rotten, criminal behavior of our astute elected officials results in essentially a tie. Neither has a monopoly on honesty and integrity.

The old adage:

"Never trust a Republican with Power and never trust a Democrat with your Wallet. Or vise versa!"

Each individual should be judged on their own merit.

From what's in the newspapers, our Ex-Governor doesn't seem to have any merit.

Coondog :tiphat:

Kevsky

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Aug 26 20:25

I would agree that both parties have their share of politicians who are in it for themselves and take advantage of the power that the citizenry has granted them and they should be exposed and judged accordingly. If McDonnell is found guilty of what he is charged may he have to serve the appropriate sentence for his crime.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Sep 04 15:46

A jury on Thursday convicted former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife on charges related to influence peddling, concluding a sometimes dramatic trial and derailing the political ambitions of the one-time rising star in the Republican Party.

After more than a month of sometimes soul-baring testimony, the jury issued guilty verdicts on 11 counts against McDonnell, while clearing him on two others. His wife, Maureen, was convicted on nine while cleared on four.

This is not the sort of thing anybody should be happy about.

Coondog :shakeh:

On the bright side, this should have a sobering effect on the aspirations of the next snake oil salesman who comes along.

nudgewink

Postby nudgewink » 2014 Sep 04 16:21

Coondog wrote:On the bright side, this should have a sobering effect on the aspirations of the next snake oil salesman who comes along.

I like your optimism, a triumph of hope over experience.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Sep 08 21:51

This is a wonderful irony.

McDumbell is slime but I believe that crimes should be punished by defined and fixed penalties. The pension takeaway is unjust, in the sense that what is taken away is decoupled from the offense.

Some pensioners with short service collect a pittance, others served honorably and long until they made a mistake and lose everything.

Restitution and defined fines, yes. Undefined pension takeaways that can range from zero to all a guy has are unjust.

Ditto for seizures of property by cops. Restitution and defined fines for an offense are just. Undefined and variable seizures are not.

:coffee:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jan 06 16:55

Bob gets two years.......which qualifies him as a Fox News contributor along with the likes of G. Gordon Liddy and Oliver North.

Not to worry. Bob will do just fine.

Coondog :tongue3:

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jan 06 17:00

What would Fox News do without their primary talent pool: bumbling, corrupt, and disgraced politicians?

:hum: