Welcome to the Tea Party

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

breaking the forum rules

Postby Crux » 2014 May 01 08:10

Let's make some guesses about BBSC. His persona was inspired by the "success" of Sweetness (Amy). They both use the tack of sarcasm :sail: ...

I would say the alter ego is a bit motivated at my shaming of their ORIGINAL choice of moniker... Given the word choice I am narrowing it down to 2.

Either Hates-red-necks, or quite possibly the Arrogant One? Any guesses clown???
AO is doing a lot of juggling. He already has to clean up the forum when he accidentally posts as Stonewall. (two peas in a pod, eh?)

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1567
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Coondog » 2014 May 01 11:17

Tea Party PACs spend most of their cash on themselves

HOT AIR

POSTED AT 2:01 PM ON APRIL 28, 2014 BY ED MORRISSEY

Excerpt:

Out of the $37.5 million spent so far by the PACs of six major tea party organizations, less than $7 million has been devoted to directly helping candidates, according to the analysis, which was based on campaign finance data provided by the Sunlight Foundation. …

Roughly half of the money — nearly $18 million — has gone to pay for fundraising and direct mail, largely provided by Washington-area firms. Meanwhile, tea party leaders and their family members have been paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in consulting fees, while their groups have doled out large sums for airfare, a retirement plan and even interior decorating. …

Three well-known groups — the Tea Party Patriots, the Tea Party Express and the Madison Project — have spent 5 percent or less of their money directly on election-related activity during this election cycle. Two other prominent tea party groups, the Senate Conservatives Fund and FreedomWorks, have devoted about 40 percent of their money to direct candidate support such as ads and yard signs.


Excerpt:

Republicans who have been targeted as sell-outs by these groups have every right to be infuriated. They’ve been used to generate huge money – for the PAC leaders. It is good business to harangue mainstream Republicans, fundraise off of the “sell outs” and then reap the rewards. The notion that these groups are helping the GOP or the country is preposterous. A senior GOP aide told Right Turn. “It seems pretty clear that these so-called Tea Party leaders are more interested in lining their own pockets than living by the values and principles of the millions of Americans who have donated their hard-earned dollars to support the conservative cause.” …

It will be interesting to see if rabid rightwing blogs and high-powered talk show hosts which often team up with these groups – carrying their message, giving free media time, interviewing the groups’ leaders, amplifying their attacks against incumbent Republicans — express outrage and call for an end to the fleecing of donors. After all, it is their readers and listeners who have been ripped off. And will Jim DeMint, who founded the Senate Conservatives Fund and now heads the Heritage Foundation also denounce these practices? Silence would speak volumes.


Help get rid of whoever or whatever gets your hackles up. Send all your money to the Coondog for Freedom Fund for Personal Gain and redecorate a Dawg House today.

Paid for anonymously by a grass roots billionaire with your money


:curse:

User avatar
fangz1956
Posts: 1124
Joined: 2007 Jul 07 10:16

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 May 03 08:04

Image


:coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

fangz is not a serious commentator

Postby Crux » 2014 May 03 21:33

benghazi_victims.jpg
benghazi_victims.jpg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 4337 times


What difference does it make why our Embassador, his Chief of Staff and 2 Navy SEALS died, or why those who were saved by those two SEALS, Ty Woods and Chris Dougherty, have NOT been heard from, or who and why an order to stand down was issued, why no help came over the course of 7 hours of fighting, or why Hillary pulled security in the weeks leading up to the attack, or why the Obama machine lied about the video during election time, lied to the whole world...

fangz doesn't care. I get that. I think you will find a great many American do care...

User avatar
Coondog
Posts: 1567
Joined: 2008 Jul 08 15:14

Commentate This

Postby Coondog » 2014 May 06 12:36

The reason you have not heard from the people who were evacuated in the effort in which two X seals were killed is because it was a separate incident from the consulate attack......the CIA compound some distance away. They are CIA! The CIA s not going to tell anything to you, Lindsay Graham, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or anyone else.....except,

They have talked to the House Intelligence Committee, though:

The five CIA contractors, who testified in closed-door hearings before the House Intelligence Committee Thursday and Friday, were stationed at the “CIA annex” in Benghazi, about one mile from the U.S. special diplomatic mission.

11/21/2013


It is nice to romanticize about who saved who, and embellish a bit as heroic episodes are recounted, but if we're going to exploit the issue, we should stick to the facts.

Assault on the CIA annex
Just after midnight, an attack on the CIA annex began, which included machine gun, rocket and mortar fire. The CIA defenses held off the attack until the morning of September 12.[21]:45–46 Early in the morning, Libyan government forces met up with a group of Americans (reinforcements from Tripoli including Glen Doherty[79][80]) that had arrived at the Benghazi airport. The team, which included two active-duty JSOC operators and five CIA personnel, had commandeered a small jet in Tripoli by paying the pilots $30,000 and forcing them to fly the team to Benghazi.[21]:43 After being held up at the airport for a few hours, the Libyan forces and newly arrived Americans went to the CIA annex at about 5:00am to assist in transporting approximately 32 Americans at the annex back to the airport for evacuation. Minutes after they drove through the gates, the annex came under heavy fire. The team immediately took up defensive positions. With a lull in the fighting, Glen Doherty began searching for his friend, Tyrone S. Woods, and he was told he was on the roof manning a MK46 machine gun. He found Woods on the roof with two other agents, they quickly embraced, filled each other in, and retook defensive firing positions. After only a few minutes, a mortar round hit Woods' position, fatally wounding him. As Doherty attempted to reposition and take cover, a second round fell on him, killing him instantly.[21]:46–47[81] 31-year-old Diplomatic Security Service Special Agent David Ubben suffered shrapnel injuries and several broken bones in the mortar attacks, and according to Ubben's father, "The first [mortar] dropped 50 yards short and the next two were right on target."[82]

-wicki


But, exploiting the deaths of people for political gain is unseemly at best.


Coondog :naughty:

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Talk about missing the point while making a point...

Postby Crux » 2014 May 06 20:43

Coondog wrote: ...exploiting the deaths of people for political gain is unseemly at best.


I totally agree with you. It is WHY I am so exercised about the whole FICTION and LIE and COVERUP about the "spontaneous attack over a video".

Remember this was the 11th of September, the 11th anniversary of 9/11, and a coordinated terrorist attack HAPPENED, was REPORTED
to Obama and he, Rice and Clinton told a whopper, EXPLOITING THE DEATH OF PEOPLE FOR POLITICAL GAIN during an election season...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

crux

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Re: Commentate This

Postby Crux » 2014 Sep 11 19:35

Coondog wrote:The reason you have not heard from the people who were evacuated in the effort in which two X seals were killed is because it was a separate incident from the consulate attack......the CIA compound some distance away. They are CIA! The CIA s not going to tell anything to you, Lindsay Graham, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or anyone else.....except,

They have talked to the House Intelligence Committee, though:

The five CIA contractors, who testified in closed-door hearings before the House Intelligence Committee Thursday and Friday, were stationed at the “CIA annex” in Benghazi, about one mile from the U.S. special diplomatic mission.

11/21/2013


It is nice to romanticize about who saved who, and embellish a bit as heroic episodes are recounted, but if we're going to exploit the issue, we should stick to the facts.

Assault on the CIA annex
Just after midnight, an attack on the CIA annex began, which included machine gun, rocket and mortar fire. The CIA defenses held off the attack until the morning of September 12.[21]:45–46 Early in the morning, Libyan government forces met up with a group of Americans (reinforcements from Tripoli including Glen Doherty[79][80]) that had arrived at the Benghazi airport. The team, which included two active-duty JSOC operators and five CIA personnel, had commandeered a small jet in Tripoli by paying the pilots $30,000 and forcing them to fly the team to Benghazi.[21]:43 After being held up at the airport for a few hours, the Libyan forces and newly arrived Americans went to the CIA annex at about 5:00am to assist in transporting approximately 32 Americans at the annex back to the airport for evacuation. Minutes after they drove through the gates, the annex came under heavy fire. The team immediately took up defensive positions. With a lull in the fighting, Glen Doherty began searching for his friend, Tyrone S. Woods, and he was told he was on the roof manning a MK46 machine gun. He found Woods on the roof with two other agents, they quickly embraced, filled each other in, and retook defensive firing positions. After only a few minutes, a mortar round hit Woods' position, fatally wounding him. As Doherty attempted to reposition and take cover, a second round fell on him, killing him instantly.[21]:46–47[81] 31-year-old Diplomatic Security Service Special Agent David Ubben suffered shrapnel injuries and several broken bones in the mortar attacks, and according to Ubben's father, "The first [mortar] dropped 50 yards short and the next two were right on target."[82]

-wicki


But, exploiting the deaths of people for political gain is unseemly at best.


Coondog :naughty:


Now clown can know the truth. 5 were saved at the consulate (2 died, The Ambassador Chris Stevens and his Aide Sean Smith), and 20 were saved from the Annex where 2 died (Woods and Dougherty). These were not "separate events" as such. This was an hours long episode at the Annex and the Consulate detailed in a book, 13 hours, now released.

User avatar
Juggler
Posts: 713
Joined: 2007 Jun 11 03:51

Joke

Postby Juggler » 2014 Sep 17 22:35

Ayn Rand, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan walk into a bar.

The bartender serves them tainted alcohol because there are no regulations.

They die.

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Pulling a cop over for violating the law!

Postby Crux » 2014 Oct 18 16:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQyiIizgU8#t=274

INCREDIBLE video out of Washington State. This is so encouraging. ENJOY!

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1958
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Wise One » 2015 Feb 17 23:06

Duh.

Bigoted southern redneck conservatives are the dumbest rubes on the planet. They're suckers prime for the plucking, and the right wing scam machine has been fleecing them for years. They're too dumb to realize it so it'll probably go on and on.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Just no words really, but I will try.

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 17 23:32

AO, do you even self monitor your HATE? You sound like an unhinged id-git! PEOPLE of all stripes get scammed my friend...
Your lack of humility and fairness and honesty is shocking. I don't know what pain or brokenness motivates you wiseone...

It is rather sad.

User avatar
1Centrist
Posts: 243
Joined: 2015 Mar 07 10:03

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Jun 19 10:28

I stumbled on this article by accident and just couldn't resist posting it here.

Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives
Liberals think they’re more intelligent than conservatives because they are
<snip>
Analyses of large representative samples, from both the United States and the United Kingdom, confirm this prediction. In both countries, more intelligent children are more likely to grow up to be liberals than less intelligent children. For example, among the American sample, those who identify themselves as “very liberal” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 106.4, whereas those who identify themselves as “very conservative” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 94.8.
<snip>
Incidentally, this finding substantiates one of the persistent complaints among conservatives. Conservatives often complain that liberals control the media or the show business or the academia or some other social institutions. The Hypothesis explains why conservatives are correct in their complaints. Liberals do control the media, or the show business, or the academia, among other institutions, because, apart from a few areas in life (such as business) where countervailing circumstances may prevail, liberals control all institutions. They control the institutions because liberals are on average more intelligent than conservatives and thus they are more likely to attain the highest status in any area of (evolutionarily novel) modern life.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201003/why-liberals-are-more-intelligent-conservatives


But really smart people don't identify at all!
:laughing:

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

$99,999,999.99

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 25 09:20

Are you aware of the 13 secret payments to Iran by Obama without Congressional knowledge?

http://nypost.com/2016/08/24/covering-u ... f-to-iran/

Please pay attention...

User avatar
Neck-aint-red
Posts: 354
Joined: 2008 Apr 08 14:08

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2016 Aug 27 16:23

This is so typical, Republican outrage over literally nothing.

It's not an appropriation that requires the consent of Congress. It is an account that was funded by Iran, and then refunded to Iran when the US failed to deliver the military equipment that Iran had placed an order for.

So quit, please. There are plenty of real problems to be outraged over. You don't have to make up fake problems.

:shakeh:

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Nothing to see here?

Postby Crux » 2016 Aug 29 07:37

State won't comment on or confirm the payments.
Congress was not notified, and it is Congress that appropriates money.
The money was taken from Treasury my the Administration and transferred.
This money went to Iran, while Iran was under sanctions.
This money was sent in these sums to skirt a 2008 law requiring consent and notification.
This money was sent 2 days after that 400 million in foreign cash was exchanged to free the hostages?
Neck is untroubled. Not surprised. :pat:

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

To the sex obsessed leftists here:

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 04 20:15

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/0 ... satisfied/

We have seen these stories before. Revenge of the church ladies indeed... Interesting.

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1958
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 04 23:06

  1. Anything, anything, published by Breitbart should be discounted as probably false.
  2. What? Right-wingers claim to be better than the rest of us? Who woulda thunk.
:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1958
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Nothing to see here?

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 04 23:51

Crux wrote:State won't comment on or confirm the payments.
Lie. Here it is.
Crux wrote:Congress was not notified, and it is Congress that appropriates money.
Neck is right. Congress was out of the loop because no appropriated funds were used for the payments. The funds resided in an account that Iran itself funded.
Crux wrote:The money was taken from Treasury my the Administration and transferred.
Well yes. Surprise, surprise, the Department of the Treasury administers government accounts.
Crux wrote:This money went to Iran, while Iran was under sanctions.
The sanctions clearly define certain prohibited actions. Which of those sanctions defined in law would this violate? Specifically.
Crux wrote:This money was sent in these sums to skirt a 2008 law requiring consent and notification.
Bullshit. Even John Yoo, a conservative lawyer from the Bush administration, is very clear that the actions were legal ... even though he disagreed with them.
Crux wrote:This money was sent 2 days after that 400 million in foreign cash was exchanged to free the hostages?
A very smart use of timing in a transaction that was going to happen anyway, to provide extra insurance for the release that we wanted.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 3210
Joined: 2010 Dec 16 19:44

Wow

Postby Crux » 2016 Sep 05 08:42

The article by Yoo doesn't even deal with the 13 payments of $99,999,999.99. You seem untroubled...

Truth twisting and obfuscation is a tactic I suppose. That's your prerogative, it is weak, but you may take that position. :pat:

User avatar
Wise One
Posts: 1958
Joined: 2007 Nov 02 09:33

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Wise One » 2016 Sep 05 13:14

I'm untroubled only because I don't see any problem with the payment, in pieces or in toto.

But what about the $100M limited payments? What reason did the Treasury give for the increments?

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."