Welcome to the Tea Party

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 06 15:28

cannoneer please provide a link. I am sensitive to some of those points, but to me and many Tea Party Types, the FISCAL issues are what animate the Tea Party Principle. I know conservative social issues get rolled in to it. The Tea Party to many of us is about economics, and appropriate government. I am sure there is no one "tea party website".

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Dec 06 16:10

Hi crux,
The link is,
"tea party.org"
That will take you to the home page. To read the 15 points click on "about us"

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Dec 08 08:50

:tongue3: :tongue3:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Dec 08 09:43

Retort below.
cannoneer wrote:If those of you who hate the tea party so much ever go to their web site you will find the following.
The Tea Party lists these 15 Non-Negotiable core beliefs.
1- Illegal Aliens are here illegally. People are not illegal ... acts can be illegal, but people can never be.
2- Pro-Domestic employment is indispensable. What the hell does this mean?
3- A strong military is essential. Duh. But it has become TOO strong, to the point that the US is widely regarded as the world's principal danger.
4- Special interests must be eliminated. What hypocrisy, from a group run by the largest special interest, Koch, seeking only to protect its own special interest.
5- Gun qwnership is sacred. Stupid and harmful, even to gun "qwners" and their families.
6- Government must be downsized. I agree ... reduce the size of the military industrial complex.
7- The National Budget must be balanced. Simplistic. We must reduce the debt, sometimes running surpluses and sometimes deficits.
8- Deficet spending must end. Simplistic.
9- Bailout and Stimulus plans are illegal. Oh? Certainly controversial, but duly enacted into law.
10- Reducing personal income taxes is a must. Already among the lowest in the world for rich people, whose taxes should be increased, which Koch tea party opposes.
11- Reducing business income taxes is mandatory. Already low, but Yes, if loopholes & preferences are eliminated first, which Kochs' tea party opposes.
12- Political offices must be available to average citizens. Meaning? Yes, if you favor public campaign financing and ending private financing, which Koch tea party opposes.
13- Intrusive Government must be stopped. Meaning? Yes, if you mean warrantless and illegal domestic spying.
14- English as our core language is required. Xenophobic, counterproductive, bigoted.
15- Traditional family values are encouraged. Meaning? My traditions are probably different from yours and I will not allow you to attack them.
If any of you "Libs" take issue with any of these statements I'd like to hear your opinion as to why so we could discuss your gripe with it.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Dec 08 11:08

The only "gripe" here is with the unending whining and yammering of the ignorant, bigoted, always fearful, hypocritical Far Right Wing...aka The Tea Party. This group is so far out of touch with reality that it would be laughable if it weren't so sad. You all just don't get it......any of it!!! Your heads are too far up the arses of Cruz, Palin, Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Infowars, Fox & O'Reilly....all raving conspiracy theorists who are profiting wildly on racheting up the fear level of the baggers and laughing all the way to the bank.

Unplug your TV and read a damn book........you might just learn something worthwhile. Or are you afraid of that, too????

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Easy there Girl

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 09 16:38

Your post tells me how little YOU pay attention. Alex Jones is NOT well regarded by "republicans, beck, hannity, the tea party". He really stands alone. I think like any radical voice he serves a purpose but clearly he is off in a number of ways. Now on TV. Again, I for one don't have a TV. Now Fangz I read your rant and attack on Cruz and the TP. Flush it out baby. Get specific!! Stop with the conclusionary attack. There is no meat on your bones.

Clearly you are addled, given the cartoons you post. I really think my Little Brother doesn't post because you have STOLEN HIS SHTICK!!. Easy there Girl Friend. Slow down and take it an issue at a time. You are so HARSH and agitated. You just "DROP BOMB" and then flee. There is no THERE there... Settle down and get a grip and then downshift.

What are you talking about is the question I usually have for you. :thumbup:

Oh. And this one. Don't you think we could end abortion as a means of birth control, of 28 week old babies, that are viable outside the womb? Could we???

Crux

Went to an Al Sharpton Meeting and a Tea Party broke out...

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 22 12:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4

Pendulums swing...

The rise of black conservatives could be the healing of the Nation some day.
The Tea Party is a State of Mind. It is a Heart Space. It is culturally American
and Libertarian. It is Grassroots. One day, black folks will come to see guilt
ridden victim mentality white progressives as UNHELPFUL.

That is my hope...

crux

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Feb 19 12:13

Crux

Too EASY fangz...

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 19 20:51

Corporate Media Boneheads who listen to Microsoft National Broadcasting Corporation?
You mean the Iraq that USED WMD? The same Iraq that the UN, Clinton, Gore, and EU leadership was convinced maintained WMD and the means to produce and use WMD?
You mean the AlQueda that Sadaam hosted in his own country in the Northeast, and who used a fuselage of a jet airliner to train in right there in THAT Iraq?
Who, the Obama that supported the Feinstein Senate AWB that would have outlawed every semiautomatic handgun and rifle privately owned in the USA?

Just trying to understand. NO. I think these UNION thugs arrested in Phili are more the threat to our Republic and civil society: http://www.fbi.gov/philadelphia/press-r ... kers-union Beatings with baseball bats, extortion, church burnings, racketeering, etc...

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Feb 20 10:01

Crux

Whatever dude. You and your cartoons are so LAME.

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 20 18:49

It is not the TEA PARTY that wants FCC monitors in the nations LOCAL news rooms:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/fcc-comm ... newsrooms/
That would be THE DEMOCRATS... Know your HISTORY little brother.

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Feb 20 19:53

More Fox paranoiac hysteria.
It's a staff research project.
The law requires FCC, and licensed broadcasters, to serve the public interest in serving a broad listener/viewer audience.
It's been the broadcasting quid pro quo for a century: we'll grant you a slice of the spectrum, you'll serve the broad public.
FCC is conscientiously doing their job in trying to understand how broadcasters, in general, do that.

Crux

Dear Red-Neck

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 20 22:28

Let's get this out of the way first. You perfectly exemplify the hollowness and empty headed hypocritical outrage of the left when it comes to attacks on free speech and privacy. Freedom of the press, free speech and privacy? You really have not followed the assaults on the press under Obama have you?

Let alone the NSA. Have you read CRITICAL PRESS from the LEFT of Obama?

The link references an editorial by AN FCC COMMISSIONER who was published in the Wall Street Journal! Secondly I do not watch FOX News, nor do I have satellite TV. Thirdly Neck, you sound like an AO WANNA-BE with all that "FOX NEWS PARANOIA PROPAGANDA PARROTING" broken down busted lame ass shtick...
PEE-YOU!

You do look up to AO, don't you. He likes that by the way. You stroke his ego so...

Do you have any TRUE understanding how PRECIOUS and IMPORTANT FREE SPEECH IS?

Listen to your CRAP:
Neck-aint-red wrote:...we'll grant you a slice of the spectrum, you'll serve the broad public. FCC is conscientiously doing their job...

You can justify. You can bow down or buy the line. Fine. Maybe you LIKE the level of "freedom" our press both has, and SEIZES from those who "GRANT" license to speech.

You make me sick. That's just for starters you TOAD.

Neck-aint-red

Re: Dear Red-Neck

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Feb 20 23:37

Crux wrote:Maybe you LIKE the level of "freedom" our press both has, and SEIZES from those who "GRANT" license to speech.

You are way off. FCC does not grant "license to speech." It grants license to use a portion of the publicly owned electromagnetic spectrum, under criteria that provide a return to the public ... a matter of law for nearly a century.

Crux

Democrat Censorship

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 21 14:45

Neck-aint-red wrote:The law requires FCC, and licensed broadcasters, to serve the public interest in serving a broad listener/viewer audience.
The scrutiny of whether they are "serving the public interest by serving a broad audience" is the kind of ASSAULT or potential censorship folks are exercised about. Look. You are missing of course the overlap of this into PRINT MEDIA, which the FCC has nothing to do with, but let's go on.

Here listen to Lanny Davis, DEMOCRAT, criticism this "harmless study" and maybe you will shut up already with your dangerous blindness:

"I think this is crazy. It is unconstitutional. Whatever they do with it, uh, it clearly could have a chilling effect on news gathering. We have a First Amendment. Whoever at the FCC calls themselves a Democrat much less a liberal Democrat cannot be behind this, and I would really question the sanity of somebody at the FCC even thinking of this idea."

...and this...

"Look, I'm really having a hard time, uh, other than saying whoever, uh, is saying that this is happening... The FCC, someone at the FCC has to say this is not true. Because if it's true, then President Obama ought to be firing everybody he can over there who thought about this idea."

You getting any of this? Now, of course I doubt Obama, truly, like you, has any problem with this sort of surveillance of the media to determine, in YOUR WORDS, that they are "serving the public interest by serving a broad audience". You are lost my friend.

Point crux, maybe 4.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 21 16:31

Looks like Hates-Rednecks is one of the reactionary STATE-IST progressives who defended the FCC plan to send contractors into news rooms, print and TV, to monitor and survey so that the GOVERNMENT could "discern" if the "public good" was being pursued. THANK GOODNESS for now the Nanny State has backed off. The Democrats were shamed here on this one. The fact they pursued it should TELL YOU SOMETHING. Are you paying attention?

This wasn't the TEA PARTY! :pat:

Remember the "fairness doctrine"?
Another Big Brother Democrat Construct.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Feb 23 12:16

FD was proper, served its purpose in a time when many communities had only a single outlet, and was dropped after multiple sources became available to all. And yet ultrarightists blather about a non problem.

There is a pattern here. If it is a non problem, we must fix it. If it is a real problem, we must change nothing.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Feb 24 09:22

Got AO down as a PROPONENT for the "non problem" of having the FCC monitor
news rooms for content and "fairness" as per the "study"... Oh-kee-doh-kee! :thumbup:

Crux

Tea Party in Wisconsin

Postby Crux » 2014 Mar 21 07:11

You know the Governor, Scott Walker? He is about to sign a bill LOWERING the bottom tax bracket from 4.4% to 4%.

They have SURPLUSES built on tax cuts and solid reform... How about a nearly ONE billion dollar surplus?

Bigbux Stogeychomper

Postby Bigbux Stogeychomper » 2014 Apr 30 22:36

Avaricious capitalists like me can't believe what just happened.

The Tea Party just bit the hand that feeds them!

The Koch brothers and ALEC and I have been all buddy-buddy with Teabaggers, but they just went rogue on us.

It just makes me want to cry.

What's the point of pushing our big bucks toward them if they will not obey our every selfish command?

Ingrates.