Welcome to the Tea Party

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
fangz1956

Re: Welcome to the Tea Party

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 20 11:15

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

"Real Truth Now"

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 20 12:32

:laughing: DANG!! You are killin' me!!

Words and definitions matter my dear Fangz. You can say an apple is a pear but you'd be wrong.

Have a good day. No really... :laughing:

Don't just read bumper stickers and post them as if this is some substitute for thoughtfulness...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 20 12:42

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Guilt by association.

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 20 17:42

...nuff said, but I will go on...

Look I grew up in Michigan. Now I have lived here for more than 22 years. I identify with my ancestors from the woods along Lake Erie who fought in the Civil War. The industry of slavery was wrong and evil. Everyone knows this. Even the local rednecks that Neck-hates hates eschew the concept of slavery anymore. Some might still not like blacks. Folks side by side, live and work peacefully with their neighbors no matter what skin color they are...

If we get Hillary for President, then opposition to her will be deemed sexist. Such nonsense.

I would welcome the flying of the Stars and Bars in Lexington one day a year. I would have LOVED to have had the Museum of the Confederacy here in Lexington. I think both are now, more about history, and heritage, and reflection, and education, than anything else.

Some yahoo waving a rebel flag in front of the White House is more to me about free expression than hatefulness, and the extent to which it is about prejudice we can but speculate as the article makes no mention of the young man's angle... Besides, to suggest he speaks for conservatives, or Palin, or the GOP, or white southerners etc. would be just plain dumb.

Fangz. Do you actually think about the stuff you post or is it just like burping?

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 21 12:01

Crux says:

I would welcome the flying of the Stars and Bars in Lexington one day a year. I would have LOVED to have had the Museum of the Confederacy here in Lexington. I think both are now, more about history, and heritage, and reflection, and education, than anything else.

Couldn't agree more. Off topic, but spot on. The denial of our ancestral proclivities, be they seditionist or horse thievery, is absurd in a number of ways. Primarily financial!

The legacy of the Confederacy is one of the most significant factors that brings the meager tourism dollars to struggling owners of nick knack shops.

People don't come here by the bus load to hear the harmonious melody of tight posteriors squeaking.

Coondog :encore:

crux also wrote:

Some yahoo waving a rebel flag in front of the White House is more to me about free expression than hatefulness........

Not too sure about that one, though!

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Oct 21 16:06

crux, I have agreed with about 95% 0f what you have had to say on this forum, but I take exception here. My great grandfather and two of his brothers were among the first to join the First Rockbridge Artillery and another brother served in the second Rockbridge Artillery. They did not think slavery was right, but they did believe in the right of a State to secede and they put their lives on the line to back up their beliefs.

The war between the States is off subject for a discussion of the "Tea Party" But I noticed that you implied that the war was over slavery.
Not entirely so crux. The first five States that seceded may have had slavery as the primary reason but the States that seceded after the fall of Fort Sumter left the Union and joined the Confederacy rarher that provide troops to deny the seceding States their right to leave the Union. If you check this out you will find that Virginia and several other States were ready to sit out the war until they received a demand from the government to provide troops to put down the "rebellion."

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 26 17:14

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Oct 26 18:39

To fangz956,

I can only assume that your rude and offensive post is aimed at my post directed to crux in response to something he wrote.

IF, and I do mean if you have the intelligence and understanding to research what I posted, and you go through the drill of checking it out you will find it is all correct. However on reading your other postings on this forum I dont believe you have either the brains or the inclination.

Here is a poem that I wrote to my ancestors that tells the real story of why they fought.

He believed the States were sovereign,
And each State had every right,
To withdraw from the Union,
Leave in peace without a fight.

But Abe would not allow it,
Told the South that they must stay.
If they tried to leave the Union,
He was going to make them pay.

The Southern men responded,
They said this isn't right.
If you try to keep us in by force,
Then we are going to fight.

These Sovereign States belong to us,
Invade them and you'll see,
We'll fight as long as we can stand,
To keep them safe and free.

The South was short of everything,
That every army needs,
Except for blood and honor,
And the mens courageous deeds,

They won most of the battles,
Though outnumbered their foes,
These loyal Southern soldiers,
In their torn and tattered clothes.

And when they saw their cause was lost,
The still fought all the way.
And I'm proud to be descended,
From a soldier who wore grey.

e

Crux

On the Civil War and Fangz and BO

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 26 19:45

Look. The civil war was a bit complicated, but it certainly was about slavery in the end, middle and in the beginning to a very very large degree. If we look back, and we must, it is incumbent upon us to consider having lived at that time...

I remember one of my kids asking me, "Dad, if you had grown up in the South, would you have fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War?" My answer was, "I don't know. I may well have." We talked about how we learn from our family, our community and church. The answer is obvious. I may well have felt that loyalty. It is a hard question to answer.

I have my roots and foundation in Michigan. My ancestors were simple farmers. They fought for the North. I grew up north of the Mason-Dixon line. I lived in the Midwest, Northeast, and in the South as a child and now. I have worn "white guilt" heavily as a contemplative young man. I am free of it's shackles just as a black conservative is free of his...

This is not then. We are not THEY. I think Fangz, with her cartoon that lampoons southerners, white men, conservatives, republicans, tea party types, or simply her political opposition is rather dumb. It is tired. It is really shallow and is not at all accurate. Whatever. She has every right to speak and be ignorant. I only am saddened at her participation in making things WORSE.

Fangz is a bigot of the first order. She likely would not agree but she is not really very good at honoring the meanings of words, like RACISM, or fascism for that matter. It is old, the notion that for instance opposition to Obama is necessarily born of racial antipathy. Obama is really not a very good executive of manager or uniter or leader. History will not be kind to him...

Heck. The recent past and present are not kind to him. He has pursued disastrous policies, and has had no shortage of outrageous scandal. Thanks for your poem cannoneer. I think you misread my post a couple back. I think if we hashed it out we would find great agreement. I think if Fangz were more honest with us here we could agree upon a great many things. Ain't gonna happen.

Obama has been a really divisive disappointment. All over the map. We had such hope...

:dontknow:

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Oct 27 21:46

Hi crux,
Thank you for your post. I think you are the soundest mind on this forum, and one of the very few with an understanding of our constitutional freedoms. I enjoy most of your posts.
As to the war between the states, if you do some research you'll find that five of the union states were slave states.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 28 09:21

Like I said it was complicated. Thanks.

On the understanding of why the constitution was, and is so novel, yes I agree. There is little care or understanding. I was arguing with a lib recently who actually thinks the government is more agile and thrifty and creative than the private sector. In general this is so faulty. Another conflict born of shallow understanding is that of MINORITY. I truly believe the most vulnerable minority is the individual. It is not gay black female single moms or something. Individual rights vs collective rights. One more essential goodness of constitutional correctness is STATES RIGHTS. We have so turned the model on it's head... 50 States were meant to be creative and responsive to the citizenry that lent the State it's power. What we get now is one size fits all policy from TOP down. It sucks.

It is really not funny, but it is fun to watch the Democrats have to OWN the authoritarian fascistic big government big business glop at the top. The NSA, the IRS, the ACA. It dawns on too few too seldom.

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Oct 28 11:28

Well crux,
If libs could reason they'd be conservatives, and the countery wouldn't be in the mess it is today.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 28 12:15

The constitution is like the bible.

Those who thump it the loudest seldom live up to its contents.

-Treatise on Contemporary Zealotry......In E-Minor by Coondog
copyright 2013

Cannoneer

Postby Cannoneer » 2013 Oct 28 14:30

Typical coondog statement.
Its the people in the position of running the government who are suposed to follow the rules set down in the constitution.
Not the people the electid officials are screwing over by ignoring the constitution that they vowed to uphold and defend.
I'm sure this will come as a shock to you, but the constitution is like a blueprint for governing this country.

Crux

Oh I agree.

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 28 14:35

You must be posting on the current news cycle's biggest daily revelation about Obama. He "didn't know about the NSA spying of Merkel, and at least another 25 world leaders. He is either lying or incompetent (ignorant). So we are to believe always he is just a warrior for the middle class and poor and eschews the wealthy...

Our Transparent and Trans-formative Constitutional Law Professor all knowing top down Guru Barrack Obama. Shoot, he didn't even know anything about the problems or warnings or lack of testing on the Obamacare website. He didn't know about the IRS or the orders to stand down in Benghazi.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 28 16:44

You guys don't have a clue, do you?

Do you know how many government agencies there are?

Do you know how many people work in those agencies?

You bad mouth Obama for being clueless.....then you expect him to know what every one of those government employees in all those agencies are doing at all times.

What you guys know is just enough minutia from ill-willed sources to get yourselves all riled up because deep down you suspect some vast left wing conspiracy is afoot to take away your jobs and your guns and your freedoms and hand them over to the negroes.

Coondog :hammer:

What good are freedoms if your sphincter is too tight to enjoy them?

Crux

As for my tight sphincter...

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 28 17:12

This is not minutia of any kind, that Obama should be informed and kept up to speed on. Of course it is reasonable to believe that Obama might have heard of the Fast and Furious program, the facts of Benghazi in real time, etc. It is laughable that he is ignorant on all those things. I give him much more credit than you corn. His white house was right into the machinations of the IRS, the NSA, the TSA, the ACA, etc... Now I believe there is some negligence, ignorant, pomposity, willful "mishandling" and DIRECTION.

coondog wrote:You guys don't have a clue, do you?
Do you know how many government agencies there are?
Do you know how many people work in those agencies?
You bad mouth Obama for being clueless.....then you expect him to know what every one of those government employees in all those agencies are doing at all times.

I took out the personal attack and left the false premisses, and illogical argumentation.

You do not speak clearly for your self, let alone for me, clown. :shakeh: Obama is conveniently out of touch, not responsible, in over his head and engenders enough criticism regardless of his race. How come you guys go there ALL THE TIME.

Are you SO INVESTED in his skin color? Typical white liberal...

As for my tight sphincter, well, let's just acknowledge your lack of understanding about what I believe, what is in my heart or what I think. I lay it down in pretty simple and stark terms. You don't have to take my word, but I advise you to. I don't play games. I call it how I see and believe it. No different than you. Let us disagree. You don't think Obama should have any special knowledge of a great many large issues of the times. I think that silly.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 29 11:52

Fast and Furious , the facts of Benghazi in real time, machinations of the IRS, the NSA, the TSA, the ACA, etc...

Bugaboos of delusional paranoia!

It's not so important as to whether one knows about everything beforehand.....what's important is being able to process the information rationally.

Nobody except a few locals and some people in the Bush Administration (who started the program) knew anything about Fast & Furious.

Benghazi? Facts don't always present themselves in real time. Ask Romney, who made a fool of himself in real time.

IRS, NSA, TSA, ACA.......

capital letters in sets of three.........scary! OOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!

Coondog :hiding2:

how about GOP or NRA? Hey......they are scary!

Crux

Grossly pathetic and ignorant.

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 29 21:00

coondog wrote:
Nobody except a few locals and some people in the Bush Administration (who started the program) knew anything about Fast & Furious.

Benghazi? Facts don't always present themselves in real time.

Let me tell you something you little blowhard. You are wrong on both points, GROSSLY.

Further, you have been shown this clearly HERE on this forum on both points, and obviously are not that curious about either minutia or facts or common sense, or the bigger picture, on either point. You coondog are mistaken. Seriously. You are so lost it is pathetic.

Ignorant... :shakeh:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 29 22:02

Well........that just about affirms what Coondog has suspected for some time.

Crux is an introverted middle school kid with an attitude problem. :help2:

Coondog

Puberty is tough, eh?