Miscellaneous or This and That

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Hates-red found a good one?

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 09 11:10

That was well and poetically written. I liked it.

Obviously I find a little fault with the T.M. thing at the end as so many have really not looked into the whole T.M./G.Z. thing closely. She get's so much right, and actually is able to see in large measure the hypocritical victim mentality, but fails to fully escape it. I dare say Trinidad and Tobago will not offer up clarity but maybe short term comfort. She will come back to the U.S. to STAY when she learns a bit more and matures, I predict. She is well on her way to becoming ONE label she has not yet tried. An AMERICAN. You can see the struggle when you read the bit about the hip hop gangsta culture being spooned down the throats of the youth, or whatever. She makes too many, including herself, VICTIMS. Too often our greatest and most unknown victim hood status is SELF imposed. T.M. would be a good example to look at. Her own broken home and opportunities that came here, in America, are good opportunities to exercise some personal power, and MOVE FORWARD. Truly she is blessed and the world is her oyster.

I hope she continues to GROW.

Coondog

I hope she continues to GROW.

Postby Coondog » 2013 Dec 09 13:50

One might have hoped for the same thing among the "Americans" she left the country to get away from.

But, they don't seem to grow, except that they get meaner every day. It becomes more apparent that the only way to escape the constant and ceaseless barrage against rationality IS to just pack up and leave.

America is a great idea. It is not always a great country. Could be. Should be. The greatest impediment seems to be those "Americans" who profess to love it so much that thy can't bring themselves to live up to the principles that America is supposed to represent.......because some people's experience in and concept of America differs from theirs.

You know......... the ones who don't want anybody, be it government or anyone else, telling them how they should live while at the same time seeking positions of power so they can tell someone else how they should live.

One look at congress indicates that representative democracy has been carried to the ultimate point of failure....yet we expect other countries to see our system as desirable and adopt it?

The rich ideologues who thrive in a broken economy and off the backs of the poor buy representatives who insure that the economy stays broken and that there are plenty of poor for them to trod upon.

Who engage in the demolition of democracy by disenfranchising legitimate voters on the pretense of electoral integrity while being much less interested in effecting integrity as effecting results.

Where once stood statesmen are now incarnations of ethnocentric bigots (yes bigots) who have such a narrow vision of what constitutes being an "American" that they exclude the large majority who have as much right to consider themselves Americans as they do.

And....by refusing to allow problems to be addressed, progress to be made, compromises to ensue and basic liberties to others, they undermine the very foundations of democracy and the "America" that was once a bright idea.....

.....but now sucks for so many who are disillusioned by the pure insanity of it all.

This rant brought to you by Coondog, not because it is thought to influence anyone, but because it is known that it won't.

:curse:

And Victims would not have to complain about being victimized if they weren't victimized........by "Americans"

Crux

Clearly you skimmed the article.

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 09 15:50

Her criticisms were largely of the reactions to her from BLACKS.
Her criticisms were largely of BLACKS. She hesitated to make some connections...

-fatherlessness
-the victim mentality
-her own personal reactions

The rant, blind at that, needed no actual FUEL from the Salon article.
You could spout that in a drunken stupor on a Sunday or in your sleep corn...

Crux

Rockbridge Forums ANGRIEST caought on TAPE?

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 14 19:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78RrsepkQKA 5:39 FYI Some of it is EPIC! :laughing:

Life can be funny as long as no one gets hurt... :coffee:

Recently AO DEMEANED construction workers. I have evidence here of the root of his lashing out.
If that is actually HIM in this 5 minute montage of construction related mishaps. It is THE FUNNIEST segment in the whole shebang. Fork lifts gone awry. Ladder accidents. Runaway trucks and more.

At 4:44 is that a young "wiseone" during his summer job years ago? It is the FUNNIEST ONE OF ALL!!
Maybe it is more recent footage and not some blast from AO's formative past. Could be Hates-red.

Dang Son! Now I know why you got the educational deferment! Summer jobs can open ones eyes!!
Anger is the path to the Dark Side, mark Yoda's wise words you all. Clearly too much testosterone.

fangz1956

Re: Miscellaneous or This and That

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Dec 15 10:58

This is a note to and for Stonewall.

Thanks again for soliciting the opinions of the membership via your recent polls. I know you are not required to do that. A number of other forums in which I participate do not seek those membership opinions. They just write the rules and if you violate those rules, you find yourself locked out and banned. Sometimes the lock-out is just a temporary lesson to teach folks a lesson about abiding by the rules of civilized society. But, if the offense is egregious, said member is forever banned from participation. Posts that violate the particular forum's terms of service agreement (that every member has to electronically sign) can just disappear if they violate the TSA. Yeah....folks get up in arms about that but it is generally short-lived and the forum is better for everyone as a result of rules enforcement. Nothing fruitful can ever come of forums continaully hi-jacked by trolls and others who refuse to abide by the rules of civilized society. Things have a way of spiraling into chaos and anarchy........good people leave or stop participating and the rule breakers consider themselves victorious. Ahhhh, but they are not victorious in the larger sense as they have done nothing but succeed in cutting themselves from a wide variety of opinions and insights that do make the world a better place in the long run.

Sadly, a lot of periodicals I read on a regular basis have cut off ALL reader responses to articles for the very antics we see daily on this forum. The editors and publishers apparently are tired of dealing with the endless stream of hateful ignorance and bigotry that appears to have consumed the internet. I can't say that I blame them but that action hurts everyone since we cannot read the thoughts of others on any given topic. As sad as that is, I think often of leaving here because of the hateful ignorance, bigotry and hi-jacking of the forum displayed by certain individuals here. Some days, I just pass through without reading a single topic. All I have to do is see that certain individuals have taken over 15 or 20 topics and I know that nothing worthwhile is waiting to be read.......just a continuous stream of ignorance of the facts and bigoted remarks from which no one is immune.

When I first joined, this forum was one of the best on the net. I could read and learn and argue with people much more intelligent and well-read than myself. I might not have always agreed with everything they said (and I still don't).....but I learned a lot about the world and about myself. I think I found a lot of what makes me tick and I'm a better person for that. Life is short.....and the older I get, the more precious is my time. My time is too precious to be consumed by ignorant, closed-minded hate-mongers who display no level of respect for any other person on this forum. Their blatant disrespect even extends to you, Stonewall. That is just wrong and unacceptable on so many levels.

I don't know what the answer is here and I am hoping your recent polls will provide the solution that this forum desperately needs. Until that day, some posters here are my foe list so I don't have to see every hateful word and display of disrespect. I respect myself too much to allow others who don't even know me to disrespect me in ways that no other person is allowed to do. I will not continue to tolerate it.

Here's hoping the polls do their job and that this forum can be restored to place of civil discourse on important issues of the day that affect us all.

Thanks. :turn:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Dec 15 11:58

Wow.
As ever, I am impressed by your clear and thoughtful approach.
Stonewall, please note Fangz' comment below, and allow me to echo her.
:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

December 15, 2013 She protests too much.

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 15 18:21

"Do a little research before you going labelling everything that hits the mark of truth that your pea sized brain can't handle....and take your right wing hate and stick where the moon doesn't shine." -Fangz

How she spoke to cannon because he said this the day before @ A. Sullivan:

"fangz, That left wing libral isn't even an American. But he lives here with all the benefits that Americans get."

I like how Fangz is so sure she doesn't engage in labeling and name-calling...

Fangz is quoted from today. She believes her harsh comments are acceptable because she DISAGREES with cannoneer? Her ugliness and rude speech is OK?

Fangz is actively seeking The Administrator to "crack down". :shakeh: Just wow.

It gets thicker.

Wow. Her above post is WELL OVER 3,000 characters, and Fangz just opined in Stonewalls POLL thread that he aught LIMIT posts to UNDER 1,000 characters.

Just sayin'.

crux :sail:

Now because I value truth, honesty, accuracy, facts and pointed observation,
Fangz's post is either 2,906 characters not counting spaces, or 3,542 with 'em.

To be fair.
_________

Note to Stonewall: I like to use the BOLD, italics, and size keys.
Thank you for not editing my use of them. :typ:

Good luck in your administration approach. I do think impartiality is key.
I will OBEY the rules. Below is what is in your current guidance:

4. Spirit and enthusiasm can veer into attacks which is OK if one is attacking ideas, principles, or alleged statements of fact. Discouraged are disparaging remarks aimed personally at people who post here (ad hominem attacks.)

It would be ridiculous for Fangz or AO to appeal to you as if they do not violate this very basic guidance on your part. I will address the assertion that my momma wears combat boots in the appropriate thread...

Coondog

A few observations

Postby Coondog » 2013 Dec 15 21:43

Coondog voted "I don't care" with regards to rules and regulations and defining naughtiness. On the other hand......this is not, in spite of the whining, crying and infantile behavior, third grade.

Most of the posts, of late, are politically motivated.

Most express someone's (or someone else's) opinion on something or the other.

Many are brashly concocted and designed for the express purpose of eliciting an adverse emotional response.

The range of emotions represented in responses range from apathy to incredulity to anger.

The resulting use of adjectives is sometimes unfortunate......but not necessarily inappropriate.

In these days incivility, where the more unacceptable verbage available is audibly evident on the floors of congress, who are we to suppress free expression of semantics which may well be offensive to some.......but, then, some of the most offensive people in the world are quick to be offended.

Funny how that seems to often be the case.

Coondog finds many things written here to be an affront to his sense of .....if nothing else, decency. Love me. Hate me. Call me names!

Coondog doesn't care.....as long as the playing field is a level one.

Coondog :curse:

Conversations with neighborhood sparrows, crows and one albino cardinal confirm that the term "peckerhead" is perfectly acceptable in avian society. Particularly in reference to parrots!

Crux

I get you halfway...

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 15 21:52

coondog wrote:Most of the posts, of late, are politically motivated.

Most express someone's (or someone else's) opinion on something or the other.

Like that Andrew Sullivan thing, or that "slow motion LYNCHING' inflammation.
However I disagree with you. Fangz should not be called a peckerhead EVER...

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2013 Dec 16 22:21

gingerbreadhouse.jpg
gingerbreadhouse.jpg (115.7 KiB) Viewed 3120 times

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Jan 10 07:19

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Jan 15 22:52

Niet te geloven. Echt.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Mar 01 19:32

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Crux

What an 8 year old did for an unknown soldier...

Postby Crux » 2014 Mar 02 09:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUAeW ... FCxuVSkT7k

This is a news story of an 8 year old who found a $20 bill in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. You see, his own father was killed in Iraq, when the boy now 8 was just a baby. Watch this little 2 minute human interest story. It brought tears to my eyes... 3:19

I put this up to balance the hate and brokenness of Spirit.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Mar 02 12:06

It's a wonderful story, positive, wholly commendable and human. I would never diminish it.

I just wish the same outlook were also possible among conservatives, in the majority of instances not involving only obeisance to god and country. Or to the wealthy and the powerful.

You will never see a similar story repeated by hard-line conservative teabagger's kid who returned $20 dropped by a homeless man, with a heart-rending story of the boy's uncle who died homeless.

To a conservative, such a person, because he is not imbued with trappings of god and country in service to the rich and powerful, deserves to be ignored and punished. The conservative kid would spend the $20 bucks on NRA membership or a Rush Limbaugh subscription instead, and let the owner of the double-sawbuck starve.

:coffee:

Crux

Glass is half empty AO?

Postby Crux » 2014 Mar 02 13:36

Wise One wrote:It's a wonderful story, positive, wholly commendable and human. I would never diminish it.

Then, AO goes on to DIMINISH the story by expressing his hate and brokenness of Spirit...
:pat:

You really have never heard of homeschooling kids who are taught and expected to go help out a needy neighbor everyday?
You really are not aware of the efforts by conservatives and their children everyday who reach out to those in need??
You really are this blinded by hate and bias??? I LOVE that you have shared the depths of your mind this way AO...

This is the face of the Left. :sigh:

There is not only no evidence that the right is less charitable than the left, there is actually compelling study that shows conservatives are more charitable than liberals!! You can find this here as posted on the Forum or search for it yourself.

Crux

Conservatives MORE CHARITABLE

Postby Crux » 2014 Mar 02 14:19

"...those who say they strongly oppose redistribution by government to remedy income inequality give over 10 times more to charity than those who strongly support government intervention, with a difference of $1,627 annually versus $140 to all causes. The average donation to educational causes among redistributionists was eight dollars per year, compared with $140 from their ideological opposites, and $96 annually to health care causes from free marketeers versus $11 from egalitarians."

http://reason.com/archives/2006/12/19/the-giving-gap

"...households with a conservative at the helm gave an average of 30 percent more money to charity in 2000 than liberal households (a difference of $1,600 to $1,227). The difference isn't explained by income differential—in fact, liberal households make about 6 percent more per year. Poor, rich, and middle class conservatives all gave more than their liberal counterparts. And while religion is a major factor, the figures don't just show tithing to churches. Religious donors give significantly more to non-religious causes than do their secular counterparts."

By now the angry blind leftist really should have learned something here on the Forum. AO evidently has not...

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Mar 11 15:52

All this ideology/politics hurts my brain.

If this doesn't perk you up, then you are a lost cause.

:toothy:

Crux

I will tell you what hurts Little Brother

Postby Crux » 2014 Mar 11 20:48

Juggler wrote:All this ideology/politics hurts my brain.

What hurts your brain is most likely one of two things.

A. How badly the Dems are screwing up this country and how painfully obvious that is...
B. THINKING, critical THINKING hurts you... It exhausts you Little Brother.

I mean look let's just look at the headlines today:

1. You have the Dem. Head of the Dem. controlled Senate Select Committee on National Security, a major OVERSIGHT committee, and I want you to think about the concept of SEPARATION OF POWERS here, Little Brother. Dianne Feinstein DEMOCRAT is protesting the DEMOCRAT Ad Ministration's intrusion via the CIA, hacking into HER COMPUTER and manipulating information, redacting it and moving shit around!!! Just Ponder that you LEFTIST OBAMA CHEERLEADER!!

I guess you would have to conclude after all your critical thinking that she MUST BE RACIST!!! :clap:

2. A demonstration of how bad Democrats are sucking up the country is evidenced in the loss, the first SHOT of the 2014 Elections in the 13th Congressional District in Florida where FAVORED Dem. Alex Sink was defeated by the the GOP Candidate, Mr. JOLLY. No Shit!!! He won by 2 points, and that was with a LIBERTARIAN getting 5%!!!

I swear...

Cartoons are no substitute for critical thinking. Neither is name calling...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Mar 13 06:53

Ain't it the truth! :tongue3:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: