American Healthcare

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: American Healthcare

Postby Wise One » 2014 Dec 03 09:46

I hear you but am highly skeptical.

So, in order to allay my skepticism, why don't you provide us with a list of coverages under your old and new insurance? I doubt highly that they are the same.

An essential purpose of Obamacare is to end back-door financing from public tax revenues for under-insured persons holding shitty insurance that, when push comes to shove, pays for hardly anything. Sure, it's nice to skate free on somebody else's dime, but those who embrace responsibility don't begrudge paying premiums that provide full coverage now for even unlikely events, and make it possible for the system to cover medical expenses later in life when they will become vastly larger than they are now.

And what about employer contribution? What about reductions in premium that you may be eligible for? Have you optimized them?

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Coondog

Wait! What?

Postby Coondog » 2014 Dec 03 12:01

The crux is a participant in Obamacare? Perpetuating the greatest evil since Lex Luthor?

Highly taken aback on that one. Coondog endures private insurance, waiting for Medicare which will likely disappear like free liquor at an Irish reunion when President Cruz and his republican majority get hold of it. :knife:

Coondog

Change you can surely be afraid of. :hiding2:

Crux

No

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 03 13:55

crux has PRIVATE Anthem health insurance. My kids and I have a HIGHER deductible, all those "ESSENTIAL" health benefits WE DON'T NEED, but now get to pay for. It is an HSA compliant plan. My costs have increased nearly $400 per month. We are scrambling to find ways to pay for this.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 03 14:02

Wise One wrote:I hear you but am highly skeptical.

So, in order to allay my skepticism, why don't you provide us with a list of coverages under your old and new insurance? I doubt highly that they are the same.

And what about employer contribution? What about reductions in premium that you may be eligible for? Have you optimized them?

I will tell you honestly, I pay 100% of the premium from take home pay, and I receive NO premium reduction because my wife is in a group plan. Next year, because of the ACA my kids and I might have to go on her group plan because it's cost is now akin to this increased burden through my private insurance.

Your skepticism I get, but I am being straight up with you. I am one of scores of millions who will be paying more because of the mandates...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2014 Dec 03 16:28

But how about the biggie ... comparing coverages?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 03 17:21

Wise One wrote:But how about the biggie ... comparing coverages?

Doing that now. There are 4 Bronze level plans and the premiums are all within $60 per month. Still, $4,000 more in premiums, but I might not fund an HSA anymore, and maybe the hit will only be $1,500 increase for the year. 2 are HSA compatible, two are not. Gotta weigh the copay/HSA STUFF. I will pay something like 30-100% more for "insurance".

Next thing you know my transmission is gonna go out... :dontknow: Thanks AO for being civil, almost helpful... :confused: You OK???

Coondog

Pirates, Argh!

Postby Coondog » 2014 Dec 04 12:52

Cruxy! Coondog's overly empathetic heart goes out to you. Experience with Anthem led to their summary dismissal about 7 years ago when monthly premiums exceeded $1,200 per month. One can only imagine what those premiums would have jumped up to by now.

Couldn't blame that on the ACA, which didn't exist back then. Those people are just blood suckers.....literally.

Try a company by the name of Reserve National. Don't have fang coverage or eye peeper care, but affordability beats bankruptcy every time.

Of course (and one must say this) under a single payer system, you wouldn't be worrying about this instead of Benghazi. :wink:

Coondog

Crux

thanks dog

Postby Crux » 2014 Dec 05 07:18

I appreciate the suggestion. Have a good one.

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2014 Dec 05 17:46

An my husband really likes that AKA thing that he got that maybe saved us a lot of money.

I don't know where they are but he thinks its really good, huh?

Love and kisses ...........

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Dec 15 10:51

Fox TV Reporter strikes again.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2014 Dec 17 05:26

At long last

A sane moment in an otherwise insane month.

:pompom: :pompom: :pompom:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2014 Dec 22 16:14

Yes, and here's another "at long last"

It happens very rarely in places like North Carolina and Texas, but every once in a while something sensible happens.

On the other hand, for every step forward those idiots seem always to find a way of taking 5 steps backward.

Crux

REFUSING handouts

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 14 08:42

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... -subsidies

Patriotic American Citizens who have American Cultural Values. These folks are inspiring.
My premiums increased to the tune of $3,400 per year because of the "affordable" care act.
My deductible went up from 7K to 12K. I have the least expensive bronze plan available.

According to AO, scores of millions of folks had "SHITTY" insurance, so the Democrat Party MANDATED unnecessarily more expensive insurance. Individuals and families making 400% more than the poverty level are eligible for SUBSIDIES because Democrat health insurance is so EXPENSIVE.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jan 14 12:09

Huh?

You talking $3,400 increase, or $3,400 total?

Because $233 per month is like about half what it takes to insure the Coondog. Of course, blue book value of a coondog is much greater than a used crux, but twice as much?

Yet, 12k deductible is a lot of out of pocket, particularly if you have a collision or get totaled.

You're not one of those who are too ideological to take the subsidy?

Coondog :hum:

Crux

I can not stomach you clown...

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 15 20:24

Look jerk, can you read?

Crux wrote:My premiums increased to the tune of $3,400 per year because of the "affordable" care act.
My deductible went up from 7K to 12K. I have the least expensive bronze plan available.

My monthly is increasing nearly $300 PER MONTH. No I don't use "insurance". Yes I and all my family give thanks are healthy. My annual family deductible is going up from 7k to 12k and I get to come up with about 3.5 THOUSAND dollars out of thin air, you JERK. You really are a clown.

It is not "ideological" it is about PRINCIPLE. PAYING YOUR OWN WAY IN LIFE, and not relying on others to take care of you.

YOU GET THAT ASSHAT? I am officially sick of you and the crap you spew.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jan 15 23:12

Having trouble, as usual, finding logic anywhere in this posting.

• On the one hand, Crux has trouble finding 3.5K for premiums and is very uncomfortable over the $12K high deductible he has chosen.
  • On the other hand, he claims he'll "pay his own way" when that unforeseen $500,000 medical bill comes due because of a family tragedy.
I don't believe it. He'll just do what freeloaders on the medical system have done for so long to screw up things for everybody else. Fail to pay, and offload the costs to the government and to those of us who responsibly pay our insurance premiums by increasing our premiums to cover those he did not pay.

Now maybe I'm wrong and he'll cheerfully write that $500,000 check because he's a man of more means than me. But if that's so, why is he grumbling over the cost of normal medical insurance premiums?

:coffee:

Crux

more asshatery now from brother wiseone

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 16 07:37

Freeloader? You couldn't be more wrong wiseone... You are plenty lost for a man so smart. Your arrogance is your weakness.

Wow. Between you and coondog I am stuck. I DO NOT have means. I WILL pay for the cheapest Bronze plan AO. I will be subject to the 12K annual family deductible and YES, 12K is far better than ANY number greater, even a 500,000 bill. I really don't get what your shtick is on the half mill.

AO and coondog. I am not making anything up here. I am giving you the truth of the matter. I have private health insurance, Anthem.

Believe me the TRUTH of this ACA HURTS.

Coondog

Anthem!

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jan 16 12:52

That explains a lot. One might chastise you, crux, for associating with criminals.

They may call it a bronze plan, but that's only the color of crayon they picked out of the box to write an agreement that exploits you without cost to them beyond the postage it takes to let you know they're paying out nothing. More deserving of your distain than a few liberals who have nothing but concern for your health and welfare.

It also explains the general lack of a sense of humor and tendency to lash out at "jerks" who are simply attempting to understand your dilemma. :curse:

Consider yourself forgiven for being such a curmudgeon. :pat:

Coondog

Health insurance, like life insurance, is something one can be glad if they don't have to "use" it.

Crux

No

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 16 16:16

The ACA, is a DEMOCRAT PARTY, specifically the 2008 DEMOCRAT SENATE bill. Voted in a 100% party line vote. 60-40.
The Democrat House voted on a party line vote for this crazy making effed up turkey of a train wreck. Wasn't smart.

I pay more for what I don't need because of you clown.

I'm fine now... :angel5: You still suck eggs though.

I don't mind a private insurance company making $300 gross profit in a year off my family plan, to administrate it.
We have a more effed up system than was necessary. 60 Dem Senators gave us the "affordable" care act. :hammer:

Coondog

Because of Me?

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jan 16 17:43

The influence of Coondog is vast, indeed. But not that vast!

If it was up to us, neither of us would be paying for basic health care needs. Is single payer a great system? Compared to this, yes.
You can quibble about who it is that best applies the leeches. That's a valid debate.

Is the ACA a result of bipartisan effort? No, because, although both sides recognized the need for action, only one was willing to actually do it.
Might we have had a better product had republicans decided to help out instead of sabotaging the effort at every turn? Probably! Would the ACA have worked better had red states allowed the program to develop as planned? Possibly.

As a great seer recently said, "It is what it is!"

One suspects that a lot of "Party Line" votes will be coming our way over the next two years. Does that invalidate the legislation? One thinks not! If one perceives that the ACA is not perfect, republican led majorities in congress might be implored to suggest remedies, or even a replacement plan. Think that's going to happen? No bets are being wagered here.

We can agree that a better idea is needed. Where it's going to come from, God only knows.

Coondog :hum:

PS Nobody likes a quitter!