American Healthcare

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

OOOO SINGLE PAYER!!!

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 16 20:49

First it is insincere to say that
Coondog wrote:although both sides recognized the need for action, only one was willing to actually do it.

The Republicans weren't
Coondog wrote: sabotaging the effort at every turn
They had ZERO power to do so and even when Brown was elected by Massachusetts to replace TED KENNEDY, the Dems didn't "compromise, reach across the isle or engage in bipartisan governance".

It is what it is in deed. You are a FOOL if you think SINGLE PAYER will be the GRAND ANSWER. Your faith in your BIG BLOATED INEFFICIENT TOP DOWN CENTRAL STAT ONE SIZE FITS ALL BUREAUCRACY IS lame. Classic. Screw things up royally and then rescue us by "fixing it".

You are so so lost. We get to this point and I wait for the light bulb to go on, or the nail to be hammered down and, NOTHING. :pat:

fangz1956

Re: American Healthcare

Postby fangz1956 » 2015 Jan 17 06:58

Crux...Yank the knot outta your panties! You are off the mark here.

I am one of those foilks who has health insurance through my employer. And yes, we are a HUGE group. My portion (the amount deducted from my paycheck) comes to $3,146 per year. The deductible runs at around $2000 per year. I'll tell you right now that if I hadn't had this just for a broken knee, I could not have afforded the treatment and care for the injury.

Where you are missing the point in all of this is that the "bad guy" is not the government or the ACA per se. The root of the problem is that the big insurance companies wrote the law.......just like Citigroup just did on the budget fiasco. It is a patent case of the foxes guarding the henhouse. Single payer would eliminate the the big insurance companies from writing the law and reaping exorbitant profits off of the American people. And lest you forget, the current law is modeled directly from the Massachusettes plan originally designed by none other than Mittens Romney.

One more personal note: Right before Thanksgiving, a family member had an unexpected heart attack. He had gotten insurance through the ACA exchange. Now, if he hadn't had that plan in place (he is self-employed and individual coverage premiums without the ACA for self-employed folks is through the roof) he would have had to have declared bankruptcy. The cost of the emergency cardiac cath and a week stay (3 days in CCU) at the hospital totalled over $250,000! That would bankrupt anybody outside of the elite 1%.

You really need to dial back the drama and hysteria.......think realistically...and look at the big picture. You are too quick to jump to baseless, insane conclusions regarding the state of healthcare in America. The corporatists have turned it into a massive wealth machine carried on the backs of the sick, the infirm and the working class. That absolutely must change as the current state of medicine-for-profit is not sustainable in the long run.

:coffee:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

simple stuff

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 17 18:03

I pay now, more than 7,200 dollars annually now for my insurance with a 12,000 dollar deductible. That is the CHEAPEST plan available.
This doesn't include my wife who has additional insurance for her through her employer.

You are simply INDITING the DEMOCRAT PARTY, SENATE HOUSE AND PRESIDENT that gave us the ACA. :tiphat:

Assume for a moment you are correct, that the insurance companies "wrote" the bill, which they decidedly did not.

It was ALL DEMOCRATS that voted and passed and signed this BIG TURD in... :dontknow:

You Fangz, like every leftist CHEERED the passage as a good step forward. It wasn't. Not in total or nearly.
We will never agree that government is best suited to run the healthcare industry, or administrate insurance.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As per the heart patient you speak of, I know really POOR folks who, without insurance BEFORE THE ACA,
have received all manner of WORLD CLASS TREATMENTS for heart issues, cancers of various kinds, etc... :coffee:

Wise One

Re: simple stuff

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jan 17 22:16

Crux wrote:As per the heart patient you speak of, I know really POOR folks who, without insurance BEFORE THE ACA,
have received all manner of WORLD CLASS TREATMENTS for heart issues, cancers of various kinds, etc...

Come on, not even Crux is that dumb. It's a true statement, but it ignores the main point ... who pays for that medical care?

The old system sometimes delivered excellent care, as in the case you cite, but more often delivered poor care putting overall US public health ratings below peer first-world countries. And in the case you cite somebody had to pay ... a combination of government and other people through higher than necessary insurance rates.

Many of us feel that a more equitable medical care payment system is one that spreads cost over all persons, even including those who are now young and healthy but will some day become old and sick. The mechanism for doing that is called insurance, and yes the freeloaders pay more than they did in the bad old days but everybody else will pay less.

Government does not allow you to drive uninsured just because you are accident-free so far, and it shouldn't allow you to go naked on health insurance just because you haven't had that heart attack yet.

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

So I am right again.

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 18 10:15

In so far as the ACA is a huge piece of bad legislation written by the big corporate insurance companies, it was 100% undeniably then at least co-written and voted into being by DEMOCRAT SENATORS, DEMOCRAT HOUSE MEMBERS and a DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT. So the corporatocracy, the crony capitalism, the dirty little nexus of big government/big wall street business was foisted upon the Citizenry by DEMOCRATS.

The ACA. Democrats best thinking and legislation. :dontknow:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jan 18 11:36

We can appreciate your perspective. Selective amnesia with regard to the painful process of development of the ACA must surely be of assistance when it comes to assignment of blame for one's individual plight.

What we do not have, for analysis and discussion, is a comparison between an expensive plan with Anthem which entails an absurdly high deductible and a similar plan under the ACA.

The only thing we know for sure is that if it is eventually, undeniably proved that the ACA is a success, republicans will attempt to take credit for it somehow.*

Coondog :naughty:

* Obama's failed economic policies.

Crux

Single Payer Legislation EXISTS!!!

Postby Crux » 2015 Jan 19 11:26

States were allowed to opt out if they set up a Single Payer System. Vermont took the challenge:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/18/liberal-dr ... n-vermont/

"Vermont’s single-payer system would have delivered worse health care at a higher taxpayer cost.

It should have been no surprise then when late last month Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin, a Democrat, announced that the state was giving up and abandoning its plans for Green Mountain Care.

That hasn’t dampened liberal enthusiasm. Legislation similar to Vermont’s is pending in several states, including Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington."

There's something that the Left (fangz right at cha sweetie) FAILS to see. :shakeh:

The ACA is a massive top down one size fits all DEMOCRAT D.C. cluster frack. There is a WISDOM the left fails to recognize.
The wisdom is STATE CONTROL. So when Massachusetts set up "Romneycare", which has been substantially changed ever since, in efforts to "FIX" it, that was structurally very different, and if flawed, more nimbly changed and tweaked.

50 States experimenting and seeking solutions is far far better.

Stop cheer-leading, wishful thinking, and holding up the ACA as a good thing.
It is not...

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2015 Jan 24 10:26

Well, well. Look who was for it before he was against it.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Feb 04 14:39

Andy Borowitz wrote:Republicans Defend Measles Virus' Right to Life

WASHINGTON - The debate over measles vaccinations raged on today as a group of Republicans led by former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee argued that vaccinations were a violation of the measles virus' right to life. The 2016 presidential candidate led a group of protesters blocking a clinic in Washington, D.C. where measles vaccinations were being administered.

"Every life is precious, even that of a tiny virus," he said. "Our current practice of vaccination is nothing more or less than legalized germicide."

Another 2016 hopeful, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, took an even more militant position, calling for the mass firing of the nation's doctors and nurses.

Juggler

Did somebody say "Shitty Insurance?"

Postby Juggler » 2015 Feb 06 11:24

luckovich-obamacare.jpg
luckovich-obamacare.jpg (95.53 KiB) Viewed 454 times

Crux

My Little Brother is Lost

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 06 16:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMBFWOwQhpg#t=32

Anti vaccination sentiment and caution runs all through the Left side of politics...

Just stop already if you aren't willing to be rational or think critically. You have a decided lack of DISCERNMENT regarding reality and fact.

Neck-aint-red

Re: My Little Brother is Lost

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Feb 06 21:15

Crux wrote:Anti vaccination sentiment and caution runs all through the Left side of politics...

I don't know what Juggler thinks, but I think your insistence on labeling everything as left/right is really dumb.

Another thing that is dumb is anti-vaxxers. It has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with education and a capacity for critical thinking.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 08 21:21

So Neck, you agree with me:
Crux wrote:
Anti vaccination sentiment and caution runs all through the Left side of politics...

Glad to know. Love how you deflect, and go easy on my Little Brother and his crap ass Andy Borowitz post on right wing (made up) vaxer crap.
Lame...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2015 Feb 15 16:48

Aha!! Apparently not all of Corporate America thinks that the ACA is a bad idea which should immediately snuffed out.

HCA & King v. Burwell

Even the ultra-conservative, dyed-in-the-wool Republican BOD of HCA can get it right sometimes.

:thumbup:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 20 12:46

1 in 5 Healthcare.gov folks or 800,000 taxpayers, have gotten faulty info and have their taxes all screwed up by the Democrat Party, HHS, and the IRS. This is what was foretold. Your diet and taxes will be affected by Democrat Control. http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-ameri ... ased-diet/

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2015 Feb 24 10:03

Obamacare is a good baby step forward, but here's graphic illustration of why we need to replace a gazillion private insurers with a federal single payer that has good enforcement. Sure, Medicare makes mistakes too but the overall quality of their enforcement far exceeds that of many individual private insurers.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Feb 25 09:30

I agree, Amy, and here's some proof from a recent report confirming it.

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2015 Mar 26 11:48

My, my.

One Republican forgot their first rule.

Don't ask actual people (as opposed to your captive ideologues) any questions.

You might get burned.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Jun 24 12:43

bushtorturehealth.jpg
bushtorturehealth.jpg (61.2 KiB) Viewed 366 times

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2015 Jun 25 07:08

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Juggler. I needed a good laugh and that picture did it. Ya know, on closer inspection, he looks like he could be a cousin of mine.

Return to “MAIN FORUM”