Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Coondog

Re: Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jul 27 18:55

This liberal has difficulty identifying any of this sort of systematic shenanigans with the term liberal....neo or otherwise.

Other than the term itself and the fact that the war on drugs is barely mentioned. The WOD and it's reward program opens up opportunities galore for the advancement of the up and coming minions of the law by padding the script with the lowest hanging fruit.

There may be corporate collusion (there always is) at the top, but the system is self sustaining from the starting point of individual self interest right through the court systems, the data collection systems and the prison systems. And, as long as the street cops are keeping the money flowing all the way to the top....who is going to tell them 'No!'.

It all starts innocently enough on a bright sunny day. Then, it's 'Step out of the vehicle!'. That first step may end there, but you're already in the system.

So....watch your step!

Being white, black and tan may confuse them at first, but a quota is a quota. :police:

Coondog

Law abiding citizen.

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2015 Aug 03 14:26

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of why our problem with police is bad and getting worse.

We have so, so far to go. This has got to stop.

:hiding2:

Crux

Just read the comments after the article....

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 10 08:55

erieguy
8/4/2015 11:41 AM EST
OH REALLY?? "A teenager could do basic math and figure out that the chances of a cop dying on the line of duty, or being shot and killed by any suspect (and in particular a black suspect) is miniscule."

Well perhaps you and that teenager should go back to that math class you obviously failed. The Fallen Officers Memorial lists 2,343 police officers killed in the line of duty since 2000. Save your precious limited brain cells and let me do the math for you.....that's 3 PER WEEK. Yet, the entire country goes crazy when one Michael Brown is killed. Who, by the video account from the assault he committed against the store owner 15 minutes earlier, was a complete THUG. But hey, that doesn't matter to you, does it? Nor probably does it matter to you that 90% of the convicted homicides in Washington DC are by blacks, of which 75% of those are black on black crime.

There are bad cops. I'm not defending them. But if you actually have an ounce of care about improving conditions for ALL law abiding citizens, black, white or purple, you will stop looking for "racist" excuses where they don't exist and start calling for personal responsibility where it is blatantly missing.

dep
8/4/2015 3:30 PM EST
I had heard of this post from friends and had to find it to read for myself. What an self-serving piece. You had the chance to teach your children a lesson. 1.) If your 17 year-old daughter is old enough to drive, then she is old enough to take on the responsibility of driving. That includes having her learners/driving permit with her whenever she gets behind the wheel. My child would be begging for the next opportunity to drive ANYTHING after forgetting their permit. 2.) The lame excuse of being a single parent - boo hoo - me too. I know a lot of single parents. But, we do not use that as an excuse. It is your responsibility as the only adult in the house to set an example for your children. It is your responsibility to make sure that your vehicle is in safe operating condition. We all have to make time, squeeze out time, find some time, to do what needs to be done. 3.) Arguing with a police officer? Please. You demonstrated to your children that it is not only okay, but necessary, to disregard and disrespect the police. All you had to do was stay in your car. You, and only you, created the tense situation. No one likes to be pulled over. You should have accepted your ticket(s) and gone home. 4.) Throwing the "I'm a reporter" line at the police officer - shame on you. Then you lie to him (again, in front of your children) and write about the encounter.

As I can see from the numerous comments, you did not get the sympathy you were hoping for. Attacking a police officer is wrong. The police put their lives on the line every day to protect everyone, including you. Get your car fixed. You are a hazard to all other drivers.

You were, at all times, wrong. All of your actions, demonstrated in front of your children, were wrong. You should apologize to your children for making such an a$$ of yourself. Tell them that they should never act the way you did. Maybe you could find some time in your busy life to see where you've gone wrong.

...and you will get a great perspective on this article that Amy posted.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 10 10:04

Cops were shot at in Ferguson last night during a "one year since" vigil for Mike Brown, the young man justifiably shot and killed by officer Wilson.
Peaceful protestors chanted for "WAR!!" Just hunker all safe and deluded on the Rockbridge Forum and dream the dream of the victim.... ZZZZZZ

Neck-aint-red

Re: Just read the comments after the article....

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Aug 10 10:42

Crux wrote:Well perhaps you and that teenager should go back to that math class you obviously failed. The Fallen Officers Memorial lists 2,343 police officers killed in the line of duty since 2000. Save your precious limited brain cells

Perspective? I looked up the stats, and for last year here is what they were:

Line of Duty Deaths, all US: 134

Code: Select all

9/11 related illness: 7
Assault:              2
Automobile accident: 27
Drowned:              2
Duty related illness: 3
Fire:                 1
Gunfire:             47
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack:        19
Motorcycle accident:  4
Struck by vehicle:    5
Vehicle pursuit:      5
Vehicular assault:   10

Responders of all kinds face dangers, so we should know what those dangers are and keep them in perspective. Of the total of 134, a majority of 75 deaths involved no malicious act against the policeman who died. Of the 59 that did involve malice, 47 were gunfire.

The lesson I take from this is that we need to get promiscuous and irresponsible gun-wielding out of the general population, and the police need much better management and training. We must de-escalate police violence, exercise better restraint and proportionality and reserve it only for situations where it is truly necessary as a last resort.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 10 11:06

Crux has above been falsely quoted.

I think the nearly 50 officers killed by gunfire is a telling statistic. Just yesterday a cop was pistol whipped with his own service weapon.
Cops were shot at in Ferguson. Cops deal with violent assaults upon themselves by thugs and lunatics and domestic psychos EVERY DAY.

ALL LIVES MATTER :police:

Crux

crap sandwich

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 10 12:45

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/08/0 ... baltimore/

The above is the kind of shenanigans that Cops deal with, amazingly well and with judicious restraint.

Everyday, good people in the community, civilians, black and white, police, black and white, Hispanic and Asian, male and female young and old uphold manners, decorum, the rule of law, kindness and goodness.

Everyday, bad actors act out. NO ONE condones police misconduct. Still, you get the victim mentality glass is half empty crowd cheer-leading or making the situation worse by agitprop. The police are amazing for what they do everyday.

The community of good people appreciate them. I am part of that community. Are you?

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Aug 10 17:49

The account suggests that well trained and disciplined cops did their job, nobody got hurt, and boisterous teens went on their way. Just the way it should be.

Fair minded people see that there are both kinds of cops, applaud this kind, but will not overlook the sins of the other kind as we try to make things better and safer for all of us.

Crux

Easy call for Neck?

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 12 11:08

Neck-aint-red wrote:Fair minded people see that there are both kinds of cops, applaud this kind, but will not overlook the sins of the other kind as we try to make things better and safer for all of us.

Which kind was Darren Wilson?
Are you willing yet to concede that Mike Brown was shot justifiably?

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Aug 13 13:12

If anything has been exemplified by the recent spate of unarmed civilians being gunned down by police, it is the fact that the police will lie like snakes in the grass without hesitancy or conscience.

Without irrefutable and compelling evidence to the contrary, the word of the police holds sway. Which ones are honest and which ones are rotten liars is difficult to credit, given the number of recent documented (unedited) video tapes available. As far as Officer Wilson is concerned, secret investigations shed little light. If, say, Officer Wilson has been unfairly demonized then that's a shame, but he's alive to tell whatever tale he prefers.

Like Benghazi, it really doesn't matter at this point, unless a congressional subcommittee decides to waste years on some fishing expedition. And they won't! The result, as some like to say....."It is what it is!" Officer Wilson can be credited with spawning the Black Lives Matter movement, regardless of what else is or is not true.

There are a lot of social ills that need to be ironed out in this country the first step of which is admission that we're a violent bunch of A-holes.

Coondog :violent1:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 13 15:48

Coondog wrote:Officer Wilson can be credited with spawning the Black Lives Matter movement, regardless of what else is or is not true.

No. Leftists, agitators, liars, the media, Obama, and fools were successful on their own. Wilson was COMPLETELY exonerated, legally.
Wilson you see was SEEN BY MULTIPLE CREDIBLE witnesses, black witnesses, to have acted JUSTIFIABLY. The evidence was all on his side.

His statements, the physical evidence, and NUMEROUS black witnesses were all very consistent. Eric Holder agrees. :police:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Aug 14 12:04

"Black Lives Matter" is not cited in a derogatory fashion. It's a completely legitimate response that eclipses any obsession one might have over Mike Brown & Officer Wilson.

One might attempt empathy with an entire segment of society rightfully imbued with trepidation over a potential encounter with the police.

It has been amply demonstrated that, whether in a public place or on one's own property, people of color are subject to the whims of a policeman's exercise of presumed authority or to the inner fears of people who call 911, unleashing the preconceptions of police all to eager for an excuse to unstrap a pistol.

The uncertainty of one's fate at all times due to one's skin color is not conducive to enjoyment of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is understandable that such angst results in the only kind of response that has ever gained attention or results, and a movement is stronger than one voice yowling in the wilderness.

So...let's not put it on Obama or the media or leftists. Let's put in on the individuals who abuse the authority and trust they're given along with a badge and a gun by transparently holding them to the same standards afforded to the rest of us rather than granting special, secret and institutionally protected accommodations.

Giving an unchallenged account in a secret room after examining all of the evidence is not a procedure often endowed upon the public at large by the justice system. Especially when the most credible eye witness is lying in the morgue.

Coondog :police:

Crux

Sparring with you is truly pointless...

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 14 15:32

...other than exposing you for the damned fool that you are.
Coondog wrote:Giving an unchallenged account in a secret room after examining all of the evidence is not a procedure often endowed upon the public at large by the justice system. Especially when the most credible eye witness is lying in the morgue.
Coondog :police:

You are not very bright. I don't mean this as a slight merely an observation.
Mike Brown was seen to ATTACK OFFICER WILSON by multiple witnesses on scene who were BLACK AFRICAN AMERICANS.

Do you understand that?

Mike brown was seen by those MULTIPLE EYE WITNESSES to then charge Officer Wilson, TWICE,
which justifiably led to him being shot AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Do you get that?

This incident was closely examined by no less than the U.S. Justice Department!

You do understand all this right?

The physical evidence itself supports the account of all those witnesses and Wilson...

:naughty:

To the casual observer or someone with a modicum of smarts you sound like a nincompoop.

I mean no disrespect Coondog.

Crux

Black Lives Matter

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 19 21:51

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/08/19/ ... l-suspect/

Tearing it up in St. Louis... The thug culture never ceases to amaze.

Or were those cops just racist pigs?

NOPE.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Aug 20 11:02

Apologies, crux, for attempting to expose a tiny mind to a larger issue.

So.....we will just have to agree that the object of your dreams, Officer Wilson, is a paragon of virtue, set apart from the rest of the police force by his complete lack of the racial bias and authoritative swagger that, according to the Justice Department, characterizes his fellow officers.

He was attacked by a giant negro for no particular reason who grabbed his gun out of it's holster whereupon the astute Officer Wilson managed to wrest it from his assailant, shoot him a time or two, and, fearing for his life, proceeded to fire off numerous shots as the criminal fled some ten to 15 yards away, turned around and ran at the officer, scaring the hell out of him once more and necessitating the continuous firing of said firearm until said suspect refrained from advancing further.

This was corroborated by all witnesses, no one having reported seeing anything different. End of story!

Now that we have put that to rest, perhaps we can refrain from calling people fools for not being obsessed with Officer Wilson. Perhaps you and Officer Wilson can hook up.....get a motel room. Hell, you two can get married. It's legal!

Coondog :sleepy:

Crux

coondog is a goofball that is true

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 21 18:50

What an expulsion. Wow. Wrapped in sarcastic caustic "humor".

I am not sure that Brown grabbed the gun from Wilson's holster. We do know that there was a violent confrontation brought to Wilson, through the open window of his car, after the driver's door was shoved upon the officer. A struggle ensued, and the gun was involved. Maybe Brown went for it I can't remember Wilson's account on that. Anyway this all we can reasonably know from multiple eyewitness, the physical evidence, Wilson's statement, and the conclusions of ALL law enforcement and judicial findings.

EVEN YOU are capable of understanding though I am giving you the benefit of doubt here.

No racial bias at all has been credibly attributed to Wilson that is also true.

Brown was about 6'5' and 325 pounds, it is true and was a black man that is true also. He was much much bigger than Wilson and compared to the general human population, might be described, by YOU as a "giant". Whatever.

NO SHOTS WERE FIRED at Brown as he fled away from Wilson. No credible evidence or judicial reviews supports this assertion. You continue to mis-characterize me and the facts as we know them to be!

YES, there were other witnesses that gave discredited statements, and all that is laid out by Holder's Justice Department report. I did read that.

Be bored by it all but the events with Wilson and Brown have been used poorly, by YOU, and many others. Not NEARLY by the majority, or by those in the know, or by critical thinkers or anyone of note. That is also true.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Aug 22 01:13

And.......after all the ugly, snarky remarks you've made about Eric Holder, now he's your champion of justice?

The only fact that matters is the statement by Wilson that "he reached for his waistline", a catch phrase utilized by every single case where a cop guns someone down who is unarmed. That's cop code for "I'm lying my ass off....what you gonna do about it?"

It's the opening credits for, "I was in fear of my life."

Show an unarmed dead man and you will never fail to hear the shooter mutter these two excuses, because together, they spell "justifiable."

Or.....maybe your boyfriend IS an exception to the rule. Maybe he really was shakin' in his boots.

You bought a ring yet?

And have you told George Zimmerman you're seeing someone else?

Coondog

still :sleepy:

Crux

I am wasting my time sparring with you Dog.

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 22 18:54

First off right away, bad guys have, do, and will go for cop's guns! It does happen.

As well folks and cops do JUSTIFIABLY fear for their lives now and then. It does happen. Anyone can claim self defense, but like in the state of Virginia, if you shoot and kill someone, you WILL be charged with 2nd degree murder and then you will have your day in court. You better have been DEMONSTRATIVELY in the right.

I am speaking TRUTH AND LOGIC.

As for Holder, sure I think he is a stooge who thinks that hate crimes only apply to aggrieved so called "minorities", etc.

The CLEAR POINT that should be evidenced is that HOLDER CLEARED WILSON RIGHTLY based on the overwhelming evidence!
HOLDER would of LOVED to nail Wilson's ASS to the wall. So would have Obama... So would JERKS like you!!!

Thirdly, because you keep taking pleasure in suggesting that I have some psycho-sexual interest in Wilson and Zimmerman, I will say this:

You coondog are a JERK. I think you know that you are a jerk.
I would go so far as to call you an asshole but that's not how I roll.
I will stick with INCOMPETENT BIGOTED JERK. That's good enough for me....

Peace Out

Crux

Strong black woman. Strong black mother.

Postby Crux » 2015 Aug 23 13:55

https://www.facebook.com/peggy.hubbard1 ... 579005002/

Peggy Hubbard. BLACK WOMAN. Grew up in Ferguson. This is her take on BLACK LIVES MATTER. This is 6 minutes of TRUTH.

Coondog and every other faux liberal should watch this 6 minutes.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Aug 23 20:50

That's a strong message, contextually speaking.

How 'bout we jail all the criminals and all the crappy cops? Or, we can just shoot them all down in the streets. But however justice is administered, it needs to be administered equitably among criminals and cops who are equally accountable if they break the law. There may be some sense that cops should be held to a higher standard, not a lesser one, than criminals, but we can let that go for now.

Coondog :2cent:

We can also forgive crux for the rampant name calling and such, as he apparently has sand in his vagina and it's making him uncharacteristically grumpy