Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Postby Wise One » 2015 Apr 27 09:34

As always, you are entranced and fully supportive of execution by cops of African Americans. You disgust.

As this compilation shows, Palm Beach may have a serious problem with misbehavior by cops, aided and abetted by persons such as yourself who are racists and/or morally bankrupt, including Palm Beach elected officials and legal system.

The first video in the series above is especially nauseating, another summary execution by a Palm Beach cop of a kid on a bicycle.

:coffee:

This is why Crux will never admit error. Ever.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

When good threads go BAD

Postby Crux » 2015 May 27 14:26

Wise One wrote:As always, you are entranced and fully supportive of execution by cops of African Americans. You disgust.

Whoa. :naughty:

That right there is where you go off the rails. Talk about straw men! "CRUX is fully supportive of cops executing Blacks".
I get I am paraphrasing you but I have NEVER supported, or failed to recognize any instance where a Cop killed ANYONE, ever.
Noone, and I mean virtually no one supports "the execution by cops of African Americans". STOP. Your reaction is revealing.

I have not once posted anything on this forum that even suggests that I do or would support murderous law enforcement! :pat:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deal with facts, specifics, statistics, something. Honesty about true reality. How about that?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shit just happens AO, and the Cops get involved. Then the Courts. http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05/63 ... 14277.html
Police are asking for anyone who has information on this incident to come forward. They will figure it out likely. The attack was a crime.

It's what happens. :dontknow: Just like the 69 wounded and the 21 homicides in Chicago and Baltimore over Memorial Day Weekend 2015.

It is Zen. The Yin and the Yang.
The Shadow Self. The psychotics.
Good and Evil. Right and Wrong.

The judicial use of force by the police OR NOT. :police:

AO, I know you are a grown man but I think you are stuck on J.V.! NOT ISIS!! YOU!!! :clap:

Crux

calling names in an attempt to advance nothing

Postby Crux » 2015 May 27 14:39

Wise One wrote: :coffee:

This is why Crux will never admit error. Ever.

Alternet.... With PAUL KRUGGMAN... "TRUTHERS!!!..." Your arguments are crap. You actually derive pleasure by belittling me.
I mean WOW. wiseone. THE wiseone. I really think I hold you to a higher standard than you hold yourself. SERIOUSLY!?

I think this is pretty true. Logically, based on what I have posted, your slander disguised as reason is not worthy of you.
You are BETTER than that. You owe it to intellectual honesty and functional psychology. You owe it to history and truth.

"Is it your attempt to be an offensive prick?" a visitor might think.
It is merely egoistic on your part we both know. I regret that AO.

mudslinger :baby: (you)

crux -one of the good guys

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 May 31 09:17

1. Sadly, this somewhat charming little vignette shows again that sometimes cops forget their purpose and become so absorbed with their self-importance that they enforce authority over others regardless of both law and common sense.

2. And really really sadly, this story drives the point home. The function of the police is to protect the public, all the public, and they should use every means possible to do so. Too many bad cops (and their managers) think their main purpose is to do combat with the public

Crux

Those Bad Cops...

Postby Crux » 2015 May 31 09:58

1. Gravity Glue has a particular talent, patience, and is an artist. Boulder, despite its name is not a magical land of free rocks to play with. I can see how private and public property rights could conflict with an artist who wishes to manipulate rocks in a loving and zen like caress of balance. No mystery here. Whether it is a crime to "balance rocks" is in the eye of the beholder. If the wise one had paid for the delivery and placement of rocks in his landscape design and Mr. Grub came around and stood them up on end, AO might or might not get mad. He might like the art, or he might see it as an invasion of his private property. A municipality might take a dim view of the act, or not, depending on the scale of the art, the location etc...

That there was a dispute within Boulder government/law enforcement over the act of vertical rock manipulations is not surprising. Nor is it surprising that AO sees this as some very large indictment of the Police. Cops are people after all and can fail to do their jobs well. Cops have a very important and difficult job to do we all know. Perhaps Paul Harvey is in order again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUZ2fKVqcs

2. Which brings us to number two. The depressed drunk guy with a knife on his bed who got shot. Did the Cops "act stupidly"? We don't really know at first glance. Drunk or depressed or both, and holding a knife kinds of guys can sometimes be dangerous to their loved ones and to the Cops. This sort of thing tragically unfolds now and again. In the article one person states "this is what Cops do, they shoot people" or some such thing. I feel bad for the man that was killed and the cops who shot him, and his girlfriend and family. This is a very sad story. I am sincerely saddened by this. I am not totally surprised. This kind of thing happens when you pair the psychologically disturbed with a polite society. Just think of the reaction had the dude been black...

Maybe Sgt. Joe Friday can help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3hiR9H7amo

crux -reasonable as the day is long

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Jun 01 07:54

Report: Police in United States shoot more than two people a day
According to findings from The Washington Post, the number of police shootings is more than double of what is suggested by FBI data
:surrend:

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jun 02 12:30

Well, that is depressing. Who knew it could get even worse?

Police violence is markedly lower in other 1st world countries like ours. I think the place to start is the organizational culture of police departments and the officials who oversee them. Some are good, but too many have lost their way.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Jun 08 11:33

It just keeps happening all over the country, especially in the South.

Thank goodness our Lexington force seems way better than these awful examples. A few years ago they were starting to veer disturbingly in that direction. The City took action, replaced the police chief, spent time on re-acculturating the force, and the outcome appears to be wonderful.

At the root, these problems always trace back to managers and politicians who absolutely must have the courage to insist that their police forces work even-handedly and respectfully on behalf of all citizens.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jun 08 12:00

What a Potty Mouth!

One would not be inclined to respect the authority of anyone who spoke to them like that.

Coondog :police:

Crux

Let's calm down and stay rational.

Postby Crux » 2015 Jun 08 21:01

An unsanctioned pool party at a private pool was organized OUTSIDE the rules and WITHOUT permission. MANY many teens showed up to an unsanctioned DJ'd party at a private pool in a private MIXED RACE neighborhood. Things were out of hand and the cops were called.

There was a neighborhood that was being over run by teens who did not belong at the pool! There were violent altercations.

The cops were called. The cops came. The crowd was REPEATEDLY asked, told, ordered to disperse. Many left. Some did not.

A vocal female who would not go was rounded up. The crowd didn't like that. The officer was cussing and was apparently being a jerk, maybe so. The fact is that private pools and private property was not being respected. Fights were breaking out. There was a large group of teens acting up.

Now Al Sharpton is on the scene... I saw a bunch of what looked like middle class teens. Acting the fools.

Now. If you watched the video, you do see one male individual approaching the gun side of the officer as he was seeking to restrain the female, and if you watch his left hand lingering by his waist and the way he was bounding in on the cops right, his gun side, you can conclude that the officers action may have been reasonable, to at that point draw his weapon.

Now, the officer is suspended pending an investigation. It will get sorted out. Watch the video and you will see...

I think the cop looks unhinged in his language and that didn't help. He needed to be keeping his cool. He didn't. That was troubling.

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Jun 08 21:03

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06 ... ter-scott/

Meanwhile, the N. Charleston PD Officer Slager is charged with murder of Mr. Scott.

Coondog

Re: It went swimmingly

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jun 09 19:03

Don't know exactly what we mean by "unsanctioned pool party". That sounds like something off of Breitbart!

But, it would appear that uninvited guests were at hand and at least one scuffle broke out between a fat, adult white woman and some teenagers.

Calling the police was probably a good idea. Except, when you do that, you take the chance that Attila the Hun will show up with an attitude.

That's how it goes.

Now, if one watches the video, one sees some folks, for a split second appear on the right side of the police officer.....about 5 feet away....while he's manhandling that little girl. It is, for sure, his "gun side", but any interpretation beyond that is just more Breitbart jibberish. And.....who is that lard ass in the shorts making himself prominent? That an off duty cop or just one of those white interlopers who are hard for cops to see the bright sunshine?

Had Coondog been there, he might well have well bitten the bastard, himself.

It is a good thing that the crux recognizes out of control behavior by police. Troubling? Yep!

The police man must think so, too, because he resigned.

One down..................

Coondog :thumbup:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Jun 09 19:15

Apparently, you are allowed two guests per resident, at the private pool. Reportedly 130 teens showed up, and teens were jumping the fence to get into the pool, and the situation was out of control. More than one scuffle is reported. I like the level heads:

A McKinney Pastor speaks up for level heads, justice, and community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2tGIgTwRk

Another black Pastor gets it right, this time on Al Sharpton and truth.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pastor-shout ... im-a-pimp/

Crux

Re: It went swimmingly

Postby Crux » 2015 Jun 09 19:20

Coondog wrote:Don't know exactly what we mean by "unsanctioned pool party".

You make no real attempt to delve into the facts, if you can't understand my use of the words above,
to describe scores of teens "gate crashing" a private pool for an UN-permitted pool par-tay!!

texas-pool-party-2.png
texas-pool-party-2.png (37.09 KiB) Viewed 1350 times

You don't get "gate crashing" either do you? I mean jumpin' over the fence to get into the private pool without a pass!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Knee-Jerks on this incident do not help at all...

crux

Crux

Keeping it REAL!

Postby Crux » 2015 Jun 09 19:39

http://www.myeasttex.com/news/local-new ... M.facebook

There is quite a lot to find out about this incident today. If you care. This is about a wilding incident...

The cop made some mistakes, perhaps, and I didn't like his language but as a controlling tactic when it is you and a large uncooperative crowd, I get it. He should not have gone after the bikini girl, maybe, but we can not see everything, as she was finally leaving, apparently. That made things worse sure. Now, pulling the gun, I get, given the video and the dude aggressively bouncing in with his hand out of sight (we see it clenching from behind as if he was simulating pulling a weapon? who knows) on the officers gun side, as he is trying to control the gal, and the crowd is closing in...

The cop screwed up in a couple areas, MAYBE. I think he lost it inappropriately a bit, maybe true. Let's seek to understand the whole of the sitch though. I like this black woman's take on it. LET'S KEEP IT REALLY REALLY REAL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/kisa.jackson/v ... =2&theater

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Jun 09 21:09

Made some mistakes.....maybe?

The guy looked like he was paying squat tag with imaginary unicorns.

I know you want to take up for this clown....even the po-lice chief tried (" the video doesn't tell the whole story") No, it doesn't!

But......it tells enough.

No one is arguing that the police didn't need to break that hoe down up. You, cruxy, are arguing with yourself.

Just sayin' that when you show up and act like that, the crowd is likely to take it unkindly. That's something they fail, it seems, to teach them at way too many Police Academies. They should have learned it by now from watching the TV.

But, they are slow learners. Don't get your shorts in a knot about this pool party. Tomorrow there will be an even worse incident for which the video, naturally, won't tell the whole story.

Coondog :naughty:

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jun 13 13:00

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2015 Jul 05 12:33

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2015 Jul 23 11:58

This brutality by southern racist cops has simply got to stop. There's a new incident like this nearly every day, clarifying how deep and persistent this problem is in our society. Too many cops are trigger-happy bigots.

We need elected officials who understand what a police department is for, and has the courage to insist on proper police management, hiring, training, and retention. We need more police who do their jobs rather than acting out the cruelty that pollutes their souls.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2015 Jul 27 11:06

Police Violence, Capital, & Neoliberalism

A most enlightening read and well worth the time.

:thumbup:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?