Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Bigbux Stogeychomper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Postby Bigbux Stogeychomper » 2015 Apr 08 18:34

1Centrist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 08 19:56

Sweetness 'n Light is a sham and readily dismissed. I reviewed her (if it is a her) earlier posts and quickly concluded her/his Uncle Remus writing style is total hokum designed piss off people and/or appear less clever than s/he is. What s/he forgets is the trickster Br'er Rabbit was not always successful.

As to Crux, he again fails to grasp what I write, that my bidding him farewell simply means I will never again respond to any of his posts, not that I have a thin skin and am leaving the forum. May he stay in hibernation indefinitely.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 09 10:35

Aw.......c'mon, 1C. Crux might be a troll, but he's our troll.

Thing is, he/she/it likes to pretend a lack of understanding of what you're saying. This perpetuates the conversation. One must decide for ones self just how far down that road one wants to go considering that nothing persuasive is likely to persuade.

Crux knows what many often forget. This is a forum. A debate, as it were. And, like the rest of the internet, information of the most skewed sort manifests itself as support for extreme positions. Crux is a master at parroting right wing talking points. Beck and Limbaugh pale in comparison.

Most lesser adept right wing fanatics have long since departed. The key is to not allow personal aspersions get in the way of the amusement factor.
Be content that whenever crux is backed into his corner (exile), you have him exactly where you want him. Well done!

Coondog :laughing:

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 09 11:34

I understand, CD. My frustration is his penchant for never responding directly to specific challenges to his positions or logic, while I try to do exactly that when he challenges mine. But you're right, it's a forum for debate, Crux does keep it going, and I shouldn't really need to go too far into a cul-de-sac.

cheers

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 09 12:11

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2015 Apr 09 12:50

Everybody (except racist murderers) wins with police cars/personnel sporting video cameras and there's gratifying movement in this direction.

The public wins in having a moderating factor on police behavior, police win by having evidence of the actual behavior of dangerous subjects, society wins by having a fuller information set with which to make decisions in a court of law.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 09 14:25

It's not just video. There have been plenty of videos implicating police for heavy handed mayhem which have failed to result in anything but vindication. We, the curious, demanding overseers of right and wrong require audio as well.

We would love to hear the actual conversations preceding the use of night sticks, tasers and pistols on alleged resisters of arrest and what not....along with multi angle video in HD. And independent review, of course.

Coondog :naughty: :naughty:

"I got a rabies tag. I just don't have it with me!"

Crux

Shabba-Shabba?

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 10 08:38

crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 10 09:29

I was referring to the authorities handling of the incident after it happened, not the shooting itself. It appears the North Charleston authorities would have attempted to obfuscate/dissemble like the Ferguson police chief and mayor if the video hadn't emerged.

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 10 09:34

BTW, shaba-shaba is an expression I picked up during my career as a defense contractor, so it may have a military origin. It simply means actions designed to blur or conceal the facts, similar to "song and dance" and "smoke and mirrors."

p.s., I was pretty good at it. :smile3:

Crux

Come on C...

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 10 12:39

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 12 09:48

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 12 13:51

You are not informing me of anything. The fact that his body lay in the street for 4 hours is not really an issue, given the investigation of the scene. Too much is made of this. The leaks came from various sources, for various reasons. The ham sandwich is interesting because it was, from the BEGINNING, a tall order to see the grounds for an indictment. Remember the incitement too, based on lies and propagandizing the sitch...

You don't have to throw in the invective at the end. The JAB. Centrist, I am not an enemy, or off in my positioning. Come on man. Man up.

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 12 14:13

Crux, :beatdead: No more interest in this topic on my part. TTFN

Crux

Armed man subdued, no shots fired...

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 15 08:36

A man steals a rifle from the WalMart. He is pursued by police. He at some point gets the trigger lock off and loads the gun.

The first video shows the situation, as one cruiser reports on the man's actions. To keep the cop back at a distance,
he threatens to shoot himself and keeps walking. He fires a round into the air. He is approaching a more populated area...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIJznCz0Kg#t=152

Here from the cruiser's dash cam that dealt with the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8V3fxN-EM

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 15 08:54

Crux

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 15 10:38

They saved the guys life! Perhaps other innocents were saved too. Crazy videos. Wow. He walked out of the hospital 2 days later.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2015 Apr 15 20:05

What is remarkable about this story is not that the guy lived, but that the police didn't use eight cars.

Coondog :laughing:

1Centrist

Postby 1Centrist » 2015 Apr 23 09:12

Crux

West Palm Beach, Florida

Postby Crux » 2015 Apr 27 08:43

Video released just yesterday.

Was it a racist who called 911 about "some black guy".
Did he lie about the alleged armed robbery?
Did the cop target a black youth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwrzIcCCrOg

What a dangerous job. Armed robbery, and being a Cop.