Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Crux

Re: Our Police: Like Andy Taylor, or the Gestapo?

Postby Crux » 2018 Apr 25 17:22

Don't PROJECT on me. I do not support "treating every citizen as though he is a terrorist". You are a retard, literally. I only pointed out the OBVIOUS. The TERRORIST who mowed down 30 people killing 10, was BRANDISHING a (gun?) & could have been JUSTIFIABLY shot....

Do you DISAGREE??? Answer that AO. If the cop had shot him, would that have been JUSTIFIABLE??
Last edited by Crux on 2018 Apr 26 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2018 Apr 25 20:26

If the cop had shot him, would that have been JUSTIFIABLE??

I know you asked this question of somebody named AO, but you know me....I just had to chime in.

Its not your job or my job or the cop's job to decide what is justified when it comes to shooting down someone waving around a cell phone.
What we do know is that it seems to be OK in America and that the cop is going to miss 12 out of 20 times.

Coondog :pat:

Crux

Where is the logic and the honesty AO?

Postby Crux » 2018 Apr 26 08:35

Crux wrote:I only pointed out the OBVIOUS.
The TERRORIST who mowed down 30 people killing 10, was BRANDISHING a (gun?) & could have been JUSTIFIABLY shot....

Do you DISAGREE??? Answer that AO. If the cop had shot him, would that have been JUSTIFIABLE??

AO answer the question, SIMPLY. Don't be a doofuss....

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2018 Apr 26 17:23

And yours is the flaw that is running through too much American policing.

Rather than looking frantically for the most tenuous of excuses to make every shooting "justifiable", good police find ways of protecting everybody, including wrongdoers, as they do their jobs.

In this case, a smart and well-trained cop looked sharply and concluded there was no gun, and the risk was low in handling the suspect with restraint. Everything turned out fine.

Redneck southern US cops would have blasted away, repeating the tragic pattern we have already seen thousands of times.

NRA, bad cops, radical conservatives, and Trumpists all grasp at straws, any straw, to justify extreme cruelty and brutality. They don't need reasons to kill, just excuses.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

AO you lost and can't answer the question...

Postby Crux » 2018 Apr 26 20:44

...because you know that I am correct. We aren't talking about ANY OTHER incident. YOU picked a very flawed example to make your point.

You KNOW I am right. You lost. Point crux. End of story. That ass could have been JUSTIFIABLY shot. Period. RIGHT???? :gun: