Crash / Recession!

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Coondog

Re: Crash / Recession!

Postby Coondog » 2012 Jun 15 14:44

I wouldn't attempt to add much to that most excellent slap-down by the Wise One except that one might address the fallacy of public sector growth under Obama.

Coondog is politically astute, but alas, technologically inept. Don't know how to add photos, charts or graphs to my posts and haven't the inclination to learn.

Yet I seem to have heard each time the employment figures come out that there is either large or small increases in public sector jobs accompanied by decreases in public sector jobs. Or maybe it's just the rate of increase of public sector jobs under Obama that is remarkably lower than under past regimes?

And....about that stimilus? I forget how much of that was in tax cuts and how much went to states to help republican governors look like financial wizards by balancing their checkbooks and all the while condemning the stimilus.

Maybe crux has time to look that up for us?

Coondog

If we dealt solely in truths, the republicans would crawl back under their rocks in shame, having nothing to say that would be of any benefit to them.

:violent1:

Sam

Postby Sam » 2012 Jun 15 16:34

Hey dog I thought those were democrats under those rocks. At least they looked like them.They said they were.
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Crux

Funny. Slap Down? Not so much...

Postby Crux » 2012 Jun 16 17:34

So, according to the Arrogant One, the NASDAQ =, THE STOCK MARKET? ...that simple... :shakeh:

Even the casual observer like myself knows that a decade of hovering around 10,000, ticking up and down at 9500 to 11,500, dropping to 7500, rising briefly to 13,500 and back to 12,000 in the midst and as a result of devaluation of the US dollar and the Dems Quantitative easing, speaks for itself.

The stock market is HARDLY doing fine. It is DOING. Just like the economy... 1.9% growth, and adding 69,000 jobs, and a ridiculously adjusted unemployment rate of 8.2%, etc. etc. is hardly the context of a fine economy.

When Romney wins, whether by a squeaker or Big Time, I'll be BULLISH!! :thumbup:

Barry has blown all his economic pledges and predictions. :geek:

Comparing the strength of the dollar to the EURO? Whatever. Europe has it's share of problems. I hardly wish to stay on an equal growth or economic footing with say, FRANCE. Chronic 10%+ unemployment and 1% annual growth ain't my idea of good.

Then of course there's Greece, Spain, and other shining and vibrant economies. Look, VOTE for Barry. I really don't care. He is really over his head. All your ideological demagoguery aside, Romney will be a better Executive in D.C. BO has HURT the economy through all his good intentions.

BIG government and CENTRAL state planning are not my cup of tea... :coffee:

BigBuxCrux

Crux

Hillary Clinton's Chief of Staff, Erskine Bowles

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 14 21:00

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Sep 03 19:34

Bailed out banks facilitate $21 trillion super rich off-shore cash hoard

Interesting read. It would seem that the Brits are dirtier than Wall Street......and that takes some doing!

:thumdwn:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Debt at $136,000 per household now.

Postby Crux » 2012 Sep 04 19:20

Guess what. It is NOT the poor, or 50% percent of this country's taxpayers that will pay one damned DIME!!!

Your much maligned RICH, and BUSINESS OWNERS, and PROFESSIONALS are on the hook...but go ahead.

HATE

(message not necessarily to Fangz, although I am guessing she might benefit)

innocentcrux :geek:

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Nov 30 13:00

To get us back to normal, to start paying down the debt, and achieve long-term sustainability, the facts of the chart below suggest that we need only change the numbers on the chart this way:
Push revenues up 3.5% and outlays down by 6%. It's not rocket science and could easily be done. It just takes political will, a sense of fairness, and receptivity to compromise.
Click below to see the complete image.
capture.png
capture.png (61.42 KiB) Viewed 4271 times
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Nov 30 14:20

Crux......

Take an hour and enlighten yourself.

Everything you are insistent on is clearly seen in the history outlined in this video. You might wish to take a hammer & chisel and crack open that closed mind of yours and......oh shock of shocks!!!........read the book. If this country goes the direction you want it to take, we are surely headed for much worse than we have now. Connect the dots and follow the damn money!!!!!!

:director:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 01 14:18

The Naomi Klein video was something. Thanks, Fangz.

I wish I shared her conviction that we -- as a people -- were getting wise to the Friedman lie. Alas, the House of Representative is occupied by a vast majority that would gladly canonize saint Milton. If anything is to change, we will have to make them change. And it will be a long, hard slog because first, we have to change minds. To change minds, we have to agree on the facts. Sadly, we live in a world that views fact as it does opinion -- every body has a right to their own. What will change that? Don't know... The more things change...

Thanks for the chart, WiseOne. If we could discuss these things from the data rather than our ideology we might have a chance.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Dec 02 16:38

All I can say is, changing minds is a process.......an oft times arduous one. But, it can be done. Therein lies the hope.....the hope for a real change that benefits all as opposed to the few. The most important of the process is education, using facts not fantasy.

Uji........we just can't give up. We as a people need to hold these folks accountable at every turn.

:wink2:

"Question everything." Albert Einstein

Crux

cripes

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 05 09:42

Obama is benign? Expanded warrant-less wiretaps and kill lists, rendition, etc.? Oh yah. You didn't vote for Obama...

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 08 13:33

crux wrote:Obama is benign? Expanded warrant-less wiretaps and kill lists, rendition, etc.? Oh yah. You didn't vote for Obama...

Your point is... ?

• Warrant-less wire taps have indeed increased 4 fold, according to the ACLU. The bill that authorized this was passed overwhelmingly with the full support of Republicans in Congress and, yes, signed into law by O. I find this disturbing -- even appalling, and I'm suitably disappointed in O. O did not start this program, W did; but he should have stopped it. You are right, Crux, nothing benign about this. I assume you are equally appalled at Republicans in Congress (and Gov. Romney) who support this program. If not, why not? If so, why single out O? (I'll give you 1 point for this one, Crux.)
  • Kill List (1): The killing of US citizens without due process (as defined by the Constitution) is, DUH, unConstiutional. At the least. O's support of the project appalls me -- as did Gov. Romney's endorsementof the program -- as does Congressional support for it. Nothing benign here. I assume that you are equally outraged at Gov. Romney and the Republicans in Congress who have -- at least tacitly -- supported this program. (1 point for Crux.)
  • Kill List (2): The killing of non-US combatants is in the nature of war, I think you would agree; so a kill list that target those who target us, troubles me much less. This whole attack-by-remote-control is troubling in a number of ways. O, at the very least, has focused attention on this issue. No more benign or troubling than war itself. (I'll give you ½ point on this one.)
  • As to renditions,O has officially ended the program. As "benign" as it gets in this fog of war. (No score on this one.)
I'd say you're 2½ for 4, Crux. Which makes O, I guess, less than 50% benign -- which makes him not benign, I guess. (But only as regards these four programs.) And what, exactly have we accomplished?

PS Did I vote for O? Yes. However, using this list as rationale for my vote, I would still vote for O: He did get only 1½ points out of a possible 4, but Romney got a score of zero -- he supported all four programs that you list. So the point of your "You didn't vote for O" comment is ... What?

Uji

Postby Uji » 2012 Dec 08 13:38

fangz1956 wrote:All I can say is, changing minds is a process.......an oft times arduous one. But, it can be done. Therein lies the hope.....the hope for a real change that benefits all as opposed to the few. The most important of the process is education, using facts not fantasy... we just can't give up. We as a people need to hold these folks accountable at every turn.

I'm with you, Fangz, just point me to the barricades. But when I express my opinions, I'm afraid I'm just a half-empty kind of guy in a half-full world... :wink:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 08 17:46

Not voting for Obama was FANGZ's position. I wasn't addressing yours. It is hard to know the right calls when it comes to keeping a country safe and sovereign. It is a tough job. RENDITION? There are reports that there were CIA interrogations going on at the Consulate in Benghazi. That is all. I think the average citizen is really unaware of the threats to the thin line of peace and safety that exists in America. It is true that the tools "we" employ must be well used. National security is A or THE very duty of the Federal Government. Obama is CIC. So be it. I hope he does a good job. There are tough times and troubled threats in the world. It is a complicated world.

It has been a long week. Uji. I will try to rise to your challenge. Your voice is appreciated.

crux

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Dec 10 18:56

Borowitz wrote:A consortium of billionaires today warned that if their taxes are raised they will no longer have enough money to buy politicians.

That should get the attention of Congress!

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

I don't care if you voted for Barrack O'Klaus

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 10 21:12

Just hold his feet to the fire. Man the barricades! Your support for big government pipe dreams will demand it of you...

Ultimately though, stand with the Tea Party Patriots, not the Occupy Lame-tards.

The Occupy Movement... :laughing:

I'm ok now... :cool:

54 Christmas Trees at the White House this year, up 50% over last year!! Barrack O'Klaus in deed. Oh. and you may now defend his 21 day multi-million dollar vacation too. No big deal... Let him eat cake, and choke on it. :lets:

Crux

The Obama Doctrine

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 11 21:17

fangz1956 wrote:Crux......enlighten yourself.

You might wish to take a hammer & chisel and crack open that closed mind of yours......Connect the dots and follow the damn money!!!!!!

Today we the taxpayers of the USA sent 22 F-16s to:

The Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. You know... Morsi? Sharia? Female genital mutilation? Connect the dots your own self. We don't need to look at Chile, Naomi, and Nixon.

Barrack O'Klaus and Public Education in America is QUITE enough the scandal. Follow the money indeed.

Fangz... :dontknow: :dontknow:

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Dec 12 07:29

Oh poor, poor misguided crux!

That video doesn't have as much to do with scandal as it does with history and how we got where we are today. The seeds of corruption, a bankrupted working class, and people so programmed to accept and fall prey to shock were set in motion a long time ago. It is only through understanding the history of the thing can we ever hope to change the destructive course we are sailing. NOW.......take your eyes off the scandal of the day and learn some history about all of this. Oh yeah...turn off Faux News while you're at it.

:wink2:

Crux

Oh God

Postby Crux » 2012 Dec 12 15:11

fangz1956 wrote: The seeds of corruption, a bankrupted working class, and people so programmed to accept and fall prey to shock were set in motion a long time ago.

Yeah. Like with CREATION.

You are talking about the story of HUMANITY.

That isn't a vast right wing conspiracy Fangz.

George Bush isn't selling F22s to Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.
Nor is Bush cooking the unemployment numbers, or compelling Obama to so devalue our currency.

...easy there...
Last edited by Crux on 2013 Feb 13 08:28, edited 1 time in total.

Buck Turgidson

Postby Buck Turgidson » 2013 Feb 04 12:12

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has long been needed. Naturally, Republicans oppose it.