Unchecked Power

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Amy Probenski
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Unchecked Power

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Aug 14 11:52

Well, I think that things under Obama have gone haywire, "national security" justifying all sorts of evildoing by our government that we should not tolerate.

I just wish we had elected as president. He has it exactly right.

Uji
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Uji » 2013 Aug 17 12:04

Well, Fangz, it's looking like you were closer to the truth of things than I was. NSA is way out beyond its over site, and O's claims to the contrary are more hopeful thinking than the truth of the matter.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... oversight/
As AmyP has it: something's out of kilter with O's entire security stance. Whether this is policy, lack of policy, or just wishful thinking, I don't know.

I'm with the Dog on the civil disobedience thing, though. I don't think one can be persecuted by a constitutionally administered justice system. We engage in civil disobedience for that very reason: we submit our self to criminal consequences in order to point out the injustice of a law. When we do the crime and run -- I think it becomes something more complicated and less admirable, especially when the crime is not individual (like a draftdodger running to Canada) but general (the revelation of national secrets).

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2013 Aug 18 22:36

Crux

All that TRANSPARENCY is blinding me!

Postby Crux » 2013 Sep 01 11:35

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/court-ru ... sitor-list

All that Hope, and Change is so refreshing. What? :dontknow:

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2013 Sep 01 14:28

This is a somewhat complicated subject. I'm usually on the side of full and prompt disclosure for records of this kind.

On the other hand, there is a credible argument to be made in the case of meetings with significant international/foreign relations ramifications. (A closed meeting with an Israeli defense minister might be a good thing to keep out of the Syrian and Iranian press.)

Regarding virtually all scheduled items on domestic subjects and with US citizens, full disclosure is the norm we should strive for, Democrat or Republican.

(Remember regarding his meetings with ?)

Crux

Complicated?

Postby Crux » 2013 Sep 01 18:09

No actually it is not that complicated. It would be complicated if you Red, and Dear Leader, were the kinds of leftists who didn't so vociferously criticize the other side, or make such grand deceitful pledges of "transparency".
It is called hypocrisy...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 01 13:06

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/19/book-review-

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 01 18:02

Indeed. The current hold progressive big government types have is horrendous to the health of our nation. Look at Obamacare.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... this-town/

I think I will read this one. You see this Fangz?

Amy Probenski

Postby Amy Probenski » 2013 Oct 08 11:06

We need more , and fewer .

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Oct 08 16:16

I dunno Amy!

With all the weaponry crackpot right wingers are stocking up on, maybe the police need the equalizers.

That chick in the picture might be some kind of Tea Party subversive! :gun:

Ya never know!

Coondog

Now........armored golf carts make even more sense!

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 08 21:32

Sad. What ever happened to "power to the people"... Fear of "The Man"... Fear of the Police State.
We were warned long ago about this. Sad that too many wish to trust the Government with such a big stick just because it is THE RIGHT GUYS in charge.

I welcome those on the political left to look into the mirror.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 24 14:52

Your tax dollars hard at work. :twisted:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 24 19:35

Fangz... Did you vote for Obama's re-election?

We see in the news that the Obama Administration BUGGED the PRIVATE phone of the President of Germany, Angela Merkel... She's HOT, and I don't mean purdy.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Oct 25 07:28

As I have stated previously on this Forum, I did not vote for Obama either time. I voted for Green Party candidates in both elections.

:tongue3:

Crux

Postby Crux » 2013 Oct 25 13:45

Is that a distinction without a difference? This time around you can vote for Obama (Terry) and feel good about it...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Dec 14 16:49

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Exactly what I was talking about today regarding YOU.

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 14 18:33

From the article:

"Mr. Snowden has brought home to us that, while we Americans do not yet live in a police state or tyranny, we are well along in building the infrastructure on which either could be instantly erected if our leaders decided to do so. No longer protected by the law, our freedoms now depend on the self-restraint of men and women in authority, many of them in uniform. History protests that if one builds a turnkey totalitarian state, those who hold the keys will eventually turn them."

I will simply point out it is you AO that wish to disarm our citizenry and enhance a Police State.
The Beast your post speaks of will have been built by Democrats over these two Obama terms.
crux identifies with American Principles. Personal Liberty, Respect and Limited government.
He is a classic liberal, a libertarian at heart, and a conservative in the classical sense...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Dec 14 20:42

You are nuts.

There is no relation whatever between guns lying about in every pickup and shack, and spying by the NSA.

Our Bubbas may pack a gazillion guns, but I guarantee that NSA abuses will only be stopped by other means. Brains, for example.

:coffee:

Crux

Pickups and SHACKS?

Postby Crux » 2013 Dec 14 21:32

"Nuts"

A famous quote. You know it and who said it?

You betray much with your "pickups and SHACKS" comment. You really do look down
your nose at your fellow man. Your choice of words and tone are why I call you AO...

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Dec 14 22:08

Yes.