Are the Media Biased?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
fangz1956

Re: Are the Media Biased?

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 25 00:56

Anyone who has been keeping up with the recent events in London can easily see how biased the media has become. Perhaps it goes beyond bias........they have become the lap dogs and mouthpieces of the rich, the powerful, and the stupid. Any journalist with any sense of what is at stake here should be doing everything they can to support Julian Assange rather than working to hang him in the public square.

I have read an incredible number of articles about this event and the history behind it over the past couple of weeks. What I am seeing makes me sick....and ashamed to be an American. The vast majority of what I have read has come from Euopean and Australian newspapers. The US Press is too busy dividing this country in order to put the wrong people in power in November. Oh yes....we must perpetuate the gridlock in Congress and keep the idiots in power. Heaven forbid that the press would fail to be invited to the correct cocktail party!!!!

This is a nation that should be outraged at what is transpiring across the pond. If the US is successful in extraditing Assange, that will be the darkest day yet for OUR Constitution, OUR Freedom of Speech, OUR right to government transparency. Think about what this really means. Assange, Manning and Wikileaks caught the evil and the corrupt with their pants down and they are all squealing like the pigs that they are. What Assange and Manning did took more courage and guts than anyone writing on this Forum could possibly imagine. They should be hailed.......not jailed.

But the Press.... the press that is supposed to be free........is under the thumb of the government and the corporations who feed the damnable war machine. The corporatist government that doesn't count the innocent dead.........just the dead they wish to count. They tally the death toll like they plan a budget....with their own brand of secret math. And the damn press swallows and prints every word of it as gospel truth.....when it's nothing but government and corporate propaganda.

With the exception of a rare few (which I will list below), journalistic integrity is dead. The true journalist is a rare and dying breed. The rest are stenographers for the powers that be. They are not reporting the news.....they are repeating what they are told to repeat. Anything else and you end up like Assange and Manning........hunted, jailed, tortured and treated as worse than criminal.

And for those here who still think we are free, think again. if we are truly free, why can we not freely donate to Wikileaks using our VISA or MasterCard? These two corporations have decided to tell us where we can spend our money....and we remain forever complicit to the whole affair by our silence.

Here are articles defintitely worth reading...and if you follow the links within some of them, you will find yourself in some interesting places. Be sure to read the reader's comments to a lot of these articles.......it will really open your eyes as to what the rest of the world thinks about the global bully called America.

The bizarre, unhealthy, blinding media contempt for Julian Assange

Don't lose sight of why the US is out to get Julian Assange

For those of you with Facebook accounts, the Wkileaks pages has an incredible array of articles and information. it is really worth the time it takes to read through a lot of it.

:curse:

P.S. Crux......I did not vote for Obama in '08 and will not vote for him in '12. I won't be voting the Romney ticket either. I'm working on a couple of good 3rd Party folks.....one of which will get my vote. Like they say "Voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil."
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Crux

Follow Fangz'z Lead

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 25 07:53

Thank you for voting third party! I hope coon, AO, amy, Gig, Uji, Glendale, Nudge, LuvR, and every other left leaning forum pundit does likewise... I will make an effort to see Assange in a good light but it may be difficult. Fair warning.

crux

Sam

Postby Sam » 2012 Aug 26 10:31

Pardon me if I appear stupid, but didn't. This fellow release classified military and State department documents
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 26 11:28

Read the whole story, Sam. And while you read, remember that "government secrets are an anathma to democracy."

Like I said above........OUR freedom of speech is at stake here. Once they manage to gag the press, whatever its form, we are doomed.

Of course, maybe you just don't care to see what the government is really up to in lands far away. If that's the case, just keep those rose colored glasses on and keep on believing what the corporate media chooses to feed you.

:love10:
Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Sam

Postby Sam » 2012 Aug 26 12:56

Right at this moment my access to the internet are very limited. As for rose colored glasses you have to be nuts little lady. Why so angry I only asked a question
Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Aug 26 17:29

Thanks for posting the Julian Assange items, Fangz. The last video is particularly good.

I don't doubt that ten years hence, the world (yes, even the United States) will have recognized Assange as a genuine hero. He has been diligent in exercising the duties of the Press, promoting freedom of information when all the cards are stacked against him.

And Sam, notwithstanding the blustering of bureaucrats and right-wingnuts, NO, Assange did not "release classified military and State department documents" in violation of any law. The Press is protected by the United States Constitution from retribution for reporting the news, however it is obtained and however embarrassing it is to those bureaucrats. Make no mistake, this is all about bureaucracies and bureaucrats protecting themselves from embarrassment. They always invoke "national security" to justify the vile things they want to do in secret. The government tried this in the Pentagon Papers case and got slammed, but here they are trying it again.

If any law was broken it was by others who had security clearance, access to the information, and a duty to safeguard it -- not Assange. That is why Assange is not charged with committing any crime in America and why American bureaucrats are attempting to persecute him via back-door trumped-up sex charges.

But the new flavor of "conservative constitutionalist" you see in the right wing has zero interest in actually preserving our rights under the Constitution, and have even called for his summary execution without charge or trial. Disgusting.

I delight when government bureaucrats get caught doing what they are, and ought to be, ashamed of. The more we know about their shenanigans, the better we will all be and the less they will skulk around at our expense dreaming up stupid and hurtful capers.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

Assange is not all that and "it wasn't rape-rape"

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 26 21:58

There is nothing sexy or romantic about dodging the Swedish Police and rape charges. OH!! the fawning and empathy.

Leftist sexual predators, like Assange, B. Clinton and that director Polanski sure are coddled by their ideological cadre'. :twisted:

crux

"It wasn't rape-rape." (Drugged by champagne and 'ludes. She was 13 years old, he was 45) -Whoopi G. on the Victim

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 27 07:30

Sam.....I'm not angry at you or with you. Sorry if it came off that way. I am just deeply passionate about this issue and have little patience for people who only buy the sound bites that the US press issues. Hopefully (and knowing you, you will) you can read some of the details on this when you get more internet access.

Crux......Assange has NOT been charged with anything of a sexual nature in Sweden. He is supposedly wanted for questioning only. He hasn't tried to dodge anything in that area. Sweden has the power to question him on British soil. But, for matters of "prestige", they choose not to. The Swediish government also will NOT guarantee that he will not be extradited to the US if he travels to Sweden. Spooks at their damn best. Open your mind just a smidge and read something besides the Blaze.

WO is spot on in his remarks. He has nailed it eloquently.

For the record...there is a Grand Jury impanelled in Alexandria (yes......Virginia) on this very issue. A secret jury to try to bring bogus charges and skirt the Constitution in order to extradite Assange to the US. YOUR tax dollars at work!!!

:tongue3:

Crux

Huh?

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 27 08:19

So Sweden, Britain, Hillary, Holder and Obama are after Assange. Paragons of the left are upset with Julian?

Now, did Bush go after him?

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Aug 27 08:48

You got it crux. Obamanation is after Assange. I don't think Bush ever went after him.......at least that hasn't turned up in any of my reading thus far. I'll let you know if I find info to the contrary.

See why I'm not voting the mainstream??????? I'd like to punch Hillary right in her shriveled, self-righteous puss.

:tongue3:

Crux

Answer: No, Bush did not go after Assange

Postby Crux » 2012 Aug 27 16:38

crux

I can't speculate about Hillary's anatomy. I am not that brave...

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2012 Sep 03 19:22

Sevim Dagdelen member of the German Bundestag visited Julain Assange in London

Quite interesting that the US does not recognize the International Criminal Court & that they will not allow this woman to visit Bradley Manning. What a twisted web this damn government continues to weave.

:redface:

Crux

Ever hear of Sovereignty?

Postby Crux » 2012 Sep 05 11:47

Ever hear of Sovereignty? Seriously. Manning engaged in CRIMINAL acts and violated his oath and station. Assange?

cripes I well remember the libs as they called Bush a war criminal. Then Obama was elected and INSTANTLY given the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama has NOT closed GITMO, he has drastically stepped up the drone wars, and has mismanaged the theaters of operation in A and I. The military leadership, rank and file have suffered,
and the biased media carries water...

Obama really is a failure, on many disappointing levels. MANY good people, including WHITES, and the RICH,
independants and business folks bought into his hopeyness for a change, and all he served up was disappointment.

Coondog

The military leadership, rank and file have suffered

Postby Coondog » 2012 Sep 05 12:28

Who makes this stuff up for you? Paul Ryan?

GITMO? Just like everything else, his methods for closing gitmo were thwarted at every turn by, uh, who else but republicans. You're complaining again about Obama doing exactly what republicans want done.........nothing!

Face it! Without shameless lies and voter suppression, Romney and his ilk wouldn't stand a chance.

Coondog :shakeh:

Our token hispanics can beat your token hispanics any day!

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Sep 05 14:53

Si, Señor !

Crux

Oversimplification

Postby Crux » 2012 Sep 05 18:00

Oh it's NOT that he's done nothing. He's done plenty of damage on every level. Social-psychological damage.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2012 Sep 09 15:22

A brilliant take-down of the despicable Fox News. The man is a genius.

:coffee:

Crux

Thank You NBC News!!!**brilliant image**

Postby Crux » 2012 Sep 09 18:17

This is the greatest photo of the political season to me. Yep. JOE BIDEN!!! This is good stuff. Look at the looks on the two dudes faces! Priceless moment. Frisky isn't he?! Her fancy is being tickled whatever that is... Thanks Carolyn Kaster.

Maybe he's talking climate change, energy policy and "health care"...
All at the same time.... MERRROWRRR!!! HSSS!!!!

Biden. And Coondog thinks Ryan is creepy? Ryan is a smart disciplined choir boy who bow hunts and has 8% body fat!

Biden is WAAAYYYYY creepier!

crux :toothy9.:

Juggler

Are the Media Biased?

Postby Juggler » 2014 Apr 16 15:22

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 May 06 11:01

Here's what happens on Fox when Obamacare succeeds (green), and when they finally realize they're riding a really bad horse (blue).
Isn't it strange that they still haven't figured out that the nag they're whipping mercilessly (red), is dead dead dead?

:beatdead: Fox TV's new slogan: "Better Red than Dead."